The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 25th, 2013, 09:59 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful

Advertise here
I see Vanillite and it's evolutions simply spinning around, as if skating on the tip of their cone.
Also I see him having a Hitmontop.
Old June 25th, 2013, 10:18 AM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
They also did not add LT. Surge despite him being the Lightning American into the US based Unova Region. Surge even has a specifically stated origin unlike Fantina.
In BW2's PWT, The information guy who describes each Gym Leader says. "Lt. Surge... Is he from Unova?"

My Team: Chespin, Helioptile, Clauncher.

Helioptile looks A LOT like Mawile in the best way. I love both of them.
Old June 25th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Community Supporter

It's still to early for me to decide on a team, proably will build it as I go.
17 days and 3 months until they come out, wonder how many more new Pokemon we'll get during this interval. I'm hoping to see some more evolutions of old Pokémon, hopefully non gen 1 Pokémon.
Old June 25th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowpointQuincy View Post
In BW2's PWT, The information guy who describes each Gym Leader says. "Lt. Surge... Is he from Unova?"

My Team: Chespin, Helioptile, Clauncher.

Helioptile looks A LOT like Mawile in the best way. I love both of them.
But Surge never made an appearance before the PWT. He didn't appear at all through the first set of games despite him being American and Unova supposedly being in/based off of America. This is the same issue that Fantina who actually doesn't have a set location as she has an English accent in the Jap games and French in English games. It would have made way more sense to have LT. Surge in Unova than it does for Fantina to randomly appear in Kalos.
Old June 25th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
for Fantina to randomly appear in Kalos.
It wouldn't be completely random though.

Even if Fantina is english in the Japanese version. She is french in the English and German versions of the game. (I read a post from somebody a while back saying that she was french in the german versions too)

I wouldn't call that random, there's definitely something connecting her to France/Kalos. It might not be the strongest of connections but it's still there. They could retcon her to originate from Kalos. I mean from what we know of Kalos so far with it's beauty and fashion.....would you really be surprised if a character like Fantina showed up?

I think this discussion is a little pointless though, she won't appear in the game in any meaningful capacity. At best she'll make an appearance like Jasmine did and at worst she'll get a comment like Lt. Surge got in the PWT saying she's from Kalos. I don't think it's something Game Freak would be racking their brains over for very long. She's not going to have a sub plot dedicated to her.
Old June 25th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Community Supporter

I'll like to see Wallace and Juan appear too as Kalos is about beauty and they enjoy beauty as much if not more than Fantina. Also Juan looks spanish (and his name, though he could also be American Hispanic as in Mexico, Venezuela, etc.), and Spain is south of France irl so it'll make sense for him to appear. Also Wallace appeared too little imo for a Champion, even less so than Steven in RS and Iris in B2W2, having only appeared during the Sootopolis crisis...and in the league...so I feel he needs more screen time in the series overall. Maybe have him take the "place" of Cynthia in these games.
Old June 26th, 2013, 10:09 AM
RandomDSdevel

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
I like sound attacks, they are cool, but don't need a type yet.
And yet, as always, 'yet' is the key word here. After all, if the amount of Pokémon that use sound-related moves increases to the average number of moves which belong to each of the other types along with the number of sound-related Pokémon such that the latter group also begins to contain about the same number of [I]Pokémon[/i} as all of the other types on average, then it might make sense for GameFreak to introduce this 'Sound' type. But they won't do anything about it until this event has happened, so I'd be patient if I were you and wait for more sound-related Pokémon and moves.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
Ok, now I'm really confused with the whole Serena/Calem & Yvonne/Xavier, who is who? ;;
The Player Character has the X-Y name.

The Unselected Gender doesn't use the X or Y name. They have a different set of names.
Couldn't they have just used 'Serena' and 'Calem' for [I]both[/I} of them? I like those names a lot better.

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.

Last edited by RandomDSdevel; June 26th, 2013 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 27th, 2013, 02:29 PM
RandomDSdevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I bought a 3DS last year and at long last it feels worth buying with the upcoming release of X and Y, the only game that motivated me to buy it up until that point was Mario Kart 7 and then Mystery Dungeon.
What about The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D and Super Mario 3D Land? Didn't those titles interest you as well?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediocrity View Post
What is this talk of a possible pokemon EV? Does anyone know what that means?
"EV will be more visible" People think there will be a in-game facility to check them.
Or maybe there'll be a new screen that you can access from the 'Summary' item that you can pick from the list that pops up after you select a Pokémon from your team, like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTeruri View Post
They could easily show a screen with 'capabilities' with a talent-percentage (iv/31 * 100) and a bar that shows how well a certain stat is trained (ev's per stat) and overall trained (total ev's). Nothing confusing there and anyone could understand it. Have a character explain that each Pokémon has different talents and that how you care for your Pokémon trains their stats differently and you're done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliCliW View Post
Is anyone else afraid of how slow the game could play? Especially the battle scenes.. I'd give up cinematics for a fast playing game anytime.
Hasn't there always been a setting on the 'Options' screen that lets you turn what it calls 'Battle Animations' on and off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonygooseD View Post
Speaking of graphics, I can already imagine Nintendo one day making a game with graphics SO realistic that they're sometimes disturbing & people will start saying X & Y's graphics were the best & a new era of Genwunning will begin
I think that GameFreak will only put realistic graphics into the Pokémon franchise after humankind starts creating real Pokémon through the science of genetic engineering (admit it, you want a Pikachu for a pet!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diab_low View Post
I must admit and agree with AnonygooseD the graphics do look amazing which will in turn make those annoying encounters a little more interesting and enjoyable to experience.
Speaking of encounters, does anybody here think that GameFreak will eventually show some sort of shadow like those used for enemy encounters in Zelda II: The Adventure of Link for a split second before a battle with a wild Pokémon begins with the randomly-selected Pokémon whose shadow just jumped out of the grass at you?

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.

Last edited by RandomDSdevel; June 27th, 2013 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 27th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Community Supporter

Seems we may get something in August
"A new special showcase has been revealed. For the first time ever, Japan will receive a trade show dedicated to Pokémon called the Pokémon Game Show. Running from August 17th to August 18th in Tokyo's Big Sight venue, this event will provide the latest in news for Tretta, Anime and Cards as well as give visitors an opportunity to play Pokémon X & Pokémon Y before others. The full details of this trade show will be revealed in July"- source: Serebii

Now we only need July and September to have something and I feel happy about the last three months of news left (well the games come out in October before the official release of Corocoro).
Old June 28th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Sabrewulf238

Did you hear about this:

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/350644797826023424

Pokemon twitter just tweeted that Masuda is recording a special message for fans. It doesn't really sound like there will be new info though...but who knows.
Old June 28th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Community Supporter

Maybe it's the mascot's typing? The other Mewtwo forme that's rumored?
Old June 29th, 2013, 12:29 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Maybe it's the mascot's typing? The other Mewtwo forme that's rumored?
Or maybe this:http://imgur.com/DuRDVpZ

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old June 29th, 2013, 12:47 AM
metalhand

Nature: Relaxed
i would really like to see in the games giovanni and mabye even red.
every time i play crystal/HGSS i feel that the team rocket saga hasn't really ended. they still looking for giovanni and they all admire their boss so much, that it really bug me that it end like that. i hope we will see giovanni in kalos and have someing that will make it feel like this story really end.

also i think it would be nice to see red who just disapear after we beat him
Old June 29th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Community Supporter

Hey they never caught Cyrus or Ghetsis either, the former even said he won't give up in his plans...actually Team Rocket's story seems more finished than Team Galactic's...so Galactic should appear if any old team.
Old June 29th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I'm not sure where I currently stand on Cyrus. On one hand, it does seem like his story is a bit unfinished. You would expect that with a crazy guy like him around, being defeated by some 10-year old kid wasn't even going to be an option. Though truth be told, what else can Cyrus do at this point? Is he going to try to ally with this current generation's villainous to capture Xerneas and Yveltal? That's the only way I can see him being included...
Old June 29th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Sabrewulf238

According to Serebii, a Fennekin in a battle at the World Hobby Fair used (or knew, I haven't seen any footage) the move Psychic.

It's not a sure thing.....but it definitely doesn't hurt the case for a Fire/Psychic evolution.

A double battle was also shown but I didn't doubt it would return.
Old June 29th, 2013, 03:14 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I don't know if GameFreak will troll us by making Fennekin's final form be pure Fire or Fire paired with another type (hopefully not Fighting), even though Fennekin was confirmed to be able to learn Psychic. Why? Because some non-Psychics are able to learn Psychic.

As for other Pokemon's moves, I was surprised when Chespin got Wood Hammer. It doesn't look...woody enough to use the move, but if it does have a good Attack stat, then at least it has a strong STAB to fall back on. I'm also hoping that Chespin also gets Seed Bomb so that it has a recoil-free STAB alternative.

Also, I was totally right on Froakie getting Bounce. I don't know if it'll get Acrobatics, though. (I was talking to AWSquared the other day on possible moves the starters would get and he agreed with some my predictions)

Old June 29th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
According to Serebii, a Fennekin in a battle at the World Hobby Fair used (or knew, I haven't seen any footage) the move Psychic.

It's not a sure thing.....but it definitely doesn't hurt the case for a Fire/Psychic evolution.

A double battle was also shown but I didn't doubt it would return.
If true, means starters can be Grass/rock, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Flying.

To me, this makes Fenniken the weakest. Three best Fire Starters are all Fire/Fighting and Fire/Psychic can't really take a Stealth Rock. Pitted with possible stat ruining and with possibility of both Froakie and Chespin having evolution type advantage over it...It's a repeat of Snivy. Pray its a Special Attack oriented Fire Type.
Old June 29th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Community Supporter

Well when you think about it grass tends to do worse than it's fellow fire and water members. Gen 2 has Meganium, which imo isn't much use beyond stall/status, Gen 3...Sceptile is good but is less used even though it has 4x strong against follow Swampert, Gen 5 has Serperior...small moveset.

Gen 4's seem the most even imo, and gen 1...Blastoise seems to be the least used...

Either way as long Fennekin has Swampert like stats (maybe it'll end up being a Fire, special version of Swampert) and a equally large moveset it'll be fine. Fire covers Steel, Grass, Ice, while psychic covers Fighting,and Poison. And while it may not face off well against Stealth rock it's still not as bad as Charzard...and it has additional stab unlike Typlosion.
Old June 29th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

I was dead-on right with Fennekin learning Psychic, although Chespin getting Wood Hammer caught me off-guard. I do agree with PlatinumDude that it needs Seed Bomb for a recoil-free physical STAB. Froakie getting Bounce was sorta right given its description mentioned jumping as high as a tall building.

And while in most cases with starters the Grass-type was often treated the worst (except Kanto and Sinnoh) like Meganium being purely defensive, Sceptile not getting a lot of use despite its good stats, and Serperior's movepool being shallow. And while there's a slight chance that Fennekin may end up becoming the least used due to the possibility of Game Freak trolling and ruining the stats or something.

I do agree Fennekin may become Fire/Psychic when it evolves, but I don't know if Froakie's evolutions should be part-Flying. Chespin becoming part-Rock when it evolves is alright, given how many odd weaknesses and resistances it gets, like Cradily in 3rd Gen. No surprise if Chespin and Froakie's evolutions get a type advantage over Fennekin's. Also remember that in the Starter discussion thread here, Fennekin is the most popular right now, Froakie being least popular and Chespin being in the middle, but that may all change when the evolutions are revealed.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Old June 29th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Khrysta

Keep in mind, this does not say that they learn it by level up. These can also be Egg and TM moves which would make sense for Bounce (em), wood hammer (em), and psychic (tm). A lot of things learn Psychic through TM. A good number learn Bounce as an egg move as well.
Old June 29th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
To me, this makes Fenniken the weakest. Three best Fire Starters are all Fire/Fighting and Fire/Psychic can't really take a Stealth Rock. Pitted with possible stat ruining and with possibility of both Froakie and Chespin having evolution type advantage over it...It's a repeat of Snivy. Pray its a Special Attack oriented Fire Type.
Also being Pursuit bait doesn't really help it's case, either. It's a fairly sad thing, since being weak to water and ground is punishment enough for fire types everywhere, add in dark/ghost as well as rock weaknesses and you got yourself and additional triple whammy that I'm sure is every fire-type's worst nightmare.

On the bright side...well, perhaps it could be a glass cannon? That's the only thing I see helping it's case, anyway. Make it learn Nasty Plot or something and sweep from there. :(
Old June 29th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Community Supporter

They proably think it's a cool combo, and could care less about it's competitive aspects in the end if they do go ahead and do Fire/Psychic. Now Fire/Ground would be another combo it could have as it's based on a fox that lives in the desert (of course not all desert living pokémon are part ground...look at Cacnea). Plus if it has that combo it'll only have water and ground moves to worry about. And 4x weakness to another starter type has been seen before in Gen 3 so it's likely.
Old June 30th, 2013, 12:56 AM
Sabrewulf238

Serebii is saying a trailer was featured for Pokemon X & Y during a special preview for the new movie. Apparentely a new pokemon was featured in it called Aulotte/Orotto. Sounds interesting.

Serebii said it looks similar to Beeheeyem....

Did anyone else think Audino when they saw the name? It's probably just coincidence....

Last edited by Sabrewulf238; June 30th, 2013 at 01:04 AM.
Old June 30th, 2013, 01:45 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
Serebii is saying a trailer was featured for Pokemon X & Y during a special preview for the new movie. Apparentely a new pokemon was featured in it called Aulotte/Orotto. Sounds interesting.

Serebii said it looks similar to Beeheeyem....

Did anyone else think Audino when they saw the name? It's probably just coincidence....
Yup but since you said it looks like Beeheeyem i am expecting a Pokemon with a huge hat that Tierno will be using.Maybe it will resemble the musical instrument Aulos which is Flute in Greek.

BTW I was looking around to see France wildlife.
I found an animal that resembles Gogoat and 2 Salamanders.One that likes Fire and one that lives in water.So maybe Helioptile has a split evo?One Water/Electric and one Fire/Electric

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!

Last edited by JayTheKing; June 30th, 2013 at 03:49 AM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here