The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 13th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
That's what I thought, too! When I first saw the drawing of it, I was immediately reminded of Treeface from Dragon Quest. @_@ It's so odd lmao.
Kinda hope he's similar status tactician like Treeface. That tree was a badass. I ended up keeping mine halfway through Terry's Wonderland.
Old July 13th, 2013, 08:45 PM
The Local Joke
Trubbish in the Classroom

Nature: Hasty
I hope you understand my lack of interest in reviewing 226 pages of replies. What I what to see from Gen VI is lots of Pokemon variety early game. I don't want to have to wait until Victory Road to get interesting Pokemon. I want something likable early, so I can enjoy it longer. It makes me very upset to know I can't get the coolest Pokemon until after the sixth gym.

Goals: Play with friends much more often, catch every Pokemon ever released, make my character resemble myself, breed excellent Pokemon and share with friends.

Old July 13th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Local Joke View Post
I hope you understand my lack of interest in reviewing 226 pages of replies. What I what to see from Gen VI is lots of Pokemon variety early game. I don't want to have to wait until Victory Road to get interesting Pokemon. I want something likable early, so I can enjoy it longer. It makes me very upset to know I can't get the coolest Pokemon until after the sixth gym.
Its generally done based on power. For the most part, the stronger the Pokemon is the further you have to travel to get it. Even now we don't know for sure what is on the first route as we've seen no real gameplay footage, only mock ups. When we get closer to launch we'll find out more. There is supposed to be a live playthrough in august I believe in Japan. Someone is going to record it there, or at least try to and take pictures.
Old July 14th, 2013, 12:02 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Or at least write about the experience they had.

That tree is just how I imagine it looking xD. It's not the most original design, literary as it looks like other demonic trees.
Old July 14th, 2013, 01:53 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I'd say that's one of the legendaries, it kinda has that appearance and idk it seems fitting for something like that.

Old July 14th, 2013, 01:58 AM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I'd say that's one of the legendaries, it kinda has that appearance and idk it seems fitting for something like that.
Yeah it definitely seems like a Legendary, in fact I remember someone bringing up that Orotto looks like a Digimon character as well. I noticed the design looked very similar to that of Cherrymon from the Digimon series.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

loa: july 29 - august 12

Old July 14th, 2013, 02:18 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
Yeah it definitely seems like a Legendary, in fact I remember someone bringing up that Orotto looks like a Digimon character as well. I noticed the design looked very similar to that of Cherrymon from the Digimon series.
Yeah, we obviously haven't got the full official art but from what I can see I'm liking the design. It would be pretty cool if it was an evolution on Sudowoodo or something.

Old July 14th, 2013, 03:02 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

I think serebii said it looks like this

Hoppefully it is a sudowoodo evo.

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old July 14th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
I believe that would be me. It sure does looks like a legendary. Now if it's not then I hope it's at least a Sudowoodo evolution.
Old July 14th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Flamebot

They do no wifi events (Mystery gift) and just include things in game instead. Latios, latias might get a third this is just a guesss but this is because its the only legendary duo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTheKing View Post
I think serebii said it looks like this

Hoppefully it is a sudowoodo evo.
There is a new sketch, the new one on serebii looks even more like sudowoodo

Honedge's typing is really awesome is anyone else excited about him

Last edited by Flamebot; July 14th, 2013 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 14th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamebot View Post
They do no wifi events (Mystery gift) and just include things in game instead. Latios, latias might get a third this is just a guesss but this is because its the only legendary duo.
There are more Legendary Duos than just the Lati@s.

You've got Ho-oh and Lugia, Cresselia and Darkrai.

You can technically count Mew and Mewtwo, and Manaphi and Phione.
Old July 14th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Flamebot

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
There are more Legendary Duos than just the Lati@s.

You've got Ho-oh and Lugia, Cresselia and Darkrai.

You can technically count Mew and Mewtwo, and Manaphi and Phione.
True. I was just hoping.
Old July 14th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Snowdrop
Throw a blanket over it!

Nature: Jolly
I hope that either the clips/images of Oorotto was really skewed or that these people can't draw very well, because it's looking really uncreative to me I'm excited to see the real deal, despite the drawings that idea of a haunted tree has a lot of potential!

Last edited by Snowdrop; July 14th, 2013 at 02:13 PM.
Old July 14th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant
Serebii has a new drawing of Oorotto. It is a cyclone and it looks freakin awesome! I hope it will be a legendary and it is probably going to be a Grass/Dark or Fairy/Dark.

Back to the new gym leaders, I don't really care if one of themcis a Rock type user. we've only had 3 Rock-type specializers. I'm getting sick of Electric and Water gym leaders. We have had 4 Electric leaders and 5! Water leaders.

ENOUGH WITH THE CHALLENGES OK?!?
No wait... There is this one challenge... Check out the Species Challenge for some fun!

Ground Safari with Phanpy, Nincada and ??? (Please add me so you can find out!)

Last edited by Liberal Army; July 14th, 2013 at 02:00 PM. Reason: CORRECTION
Old July 14th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendhunter14 View Post
Serebii has a new drawing of Oorotto. It is a cyclops and it looks freakin awesome! I hope it will be a legendary and it is probably going to be a Grass/Dark or Fairy/Dark.

Back to the new gym leaders, I don't really care if one of themcis a Rock type user. we've only had 3 Rock-type specializers. I'm getting sick of Electric and Water gym leaders. We have had 4 Electric leaders and 5! Water leaders.
Only quoting to correct one part in your post XD

Anyway here is the image he was talking about. I kinda prefered the other version over this one. This may be a Sudowoodo evolution now which means it has a chance at being rock rather than anything else. I'll still hope they Gen 5 it and make it a stand alone and make it Grass/Fairy since they are going the cyclops route.

Old July 14th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
I'm not buying the whole sudowoodo evolution thing. Is it so hard to believe that there would be two separate tree pokemon? Although Sudowoodo isn't even a tree...so if you look at it that way we haven't actually gotten a tree pokemon before. This will be the first.

On the legendary front, that's a no go because movie goers said it appeared in a horde battle.
Old July 14th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
I'm not buying the whole sudowoodo evolution thing. Is it so hard to believe that there would be two separate tree pokemon? Although Sudowoodo isn't even a tree...so if you look at it that way we haven't actually gotten a tree pokemon before. This will be the first.

On the legendary front, that's a no go because movie goers said it appeared in a horde battle.
Sudowoodo is based after petrified trees...so it is a tree despite it not being grass.

Not saying that I support evolution as I'm hoping they Gen 5 this into two separate Pokemon.
Old July 14th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Community Supporter

Maybe the horde was just for show and nothing definite.
I'm not sure if I want them to gen 3 it (gen 3 has the most stand alones out of all gens btw), I prefer evolution for Sudowoodo.
Old July 14th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I'm hoping this thing turns out Grass/Fairy or Grass/Ghost. .___. Having it just as a Sudowoodo evo is rather disappointing if anything, and I'd rather it not be that. Although GF can do whatever kind of evolution it wants, it is rather hard to process how such a happy-go-lucky 'mon like Sudowoodo would evolve into an evil tree-cyclops like that...
Old July 14th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
I'm not buying the whole sudowoodo evolution thing. Is it so hard to believe that there would be two separate tree pokemon? Although Sudowoodo isn't even a tree...so if you look at it that way we haven't actually gotten a tree pokemon before. This will be the first
Exeggutor is weeping because of your flawed statement.

The latest drawing of Oorotto's appearance looks more creative than the previous one, for it looks less like a generic tree.
Old July 14th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I'm kind of hoping it isn't a Sudowoodo evolution personally. I feel like they took away it's bead-like "leaves" and moved over to full fledged foliage, which kind of signifies actual Grass typing to me. Kind of just looks way too menacing almost to be an evolution from something that just like happy/derpy =P
Old July 14th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Salt-the-Sloth

Nature: Timid
I've been following along with this thread/forum thingy for a while and I wanted to join in the conversation so badly I went ahead and made an account haha!

As with Oorotto being Sudowoodo's evolution, I doubt it due to the fact it was shown in a horde battle. You don't exactly see wild Mamoswine, Magnezones and Gliscors roaming around. It would definitely be cool though, and the design seems to fit. I hope its either Grass/Dark or Fairy/Dark, kind of looks more Grass/Dark though.

Am I the only one who wants a Houndoom evolution?? No. #666 introduces Houndread!
Old July 14th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Wobbu
La Scopa

I'm thinking Oorotto will be Grass/Ghost. It seems like a petrifying tree, rather than a petrified tree. I don't think it will have any relation to Sudowoodo, it just seems too evil (based on the drawings anyways). Also, Sudowoodo isn't the only tree Pokémon, there's Exeggutor.
Old July 14th, 2013, 09:21 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I like the idea of it being grass/ghost. Finally, Gardenia's fear of there being one will have come true.
Old July 14th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Salt-the-Sloth

Nature: Timid
The whole idea of Gen 6 so far has been originality, so I guess with Grass/Ghost being a new combination it's more likely that's what we'll see. Then again, that also means we've got two inanimate objects being possessed by spirits..
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links