The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 14th, 2013 (10:56 PM).
L0RD G3NGAR
Community Supporter

To be honest I think shodowoodo needs a evolution tho, it really inst to strong

FC:1521-4183-4396
In game name:Kylee(Y) Kyle(OR)
Old July 14th, 2013 (11:34 PM).
Fairy_Master

Nature: Modest
Hi there guys, just like the guy from earlier, I been following for a while and have FINALLY joined in. Hi everyone!

Well as for Sudowoodo evolving. It needs to happen. Its so.....inevitable.
However I VASTLY doubt doubt that Orrotto (or whatever it shall be known as) will be a Sudowoodo evo. Too different and too grass-like.

I vote Fairy/Grass but it will most likely be Grass/Ghost. Grass/Dark has been done and they are clearly going for "new" this generation.
Old July 15th, 2013 (03:58 AM).
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

I read a post on 4chan that in the same commercial which revealed Orotto the player was seen riding a bike.I thought that the Rollerskates would be the bicycle but apparently no.

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old July 15th, 2013 (04:13 AM).
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamebot View Post
To be honest I think shodowoodo needs a evolution tho, it really inst to strong
Oh man I would love this. He's a Pokémon I've always wanted to be given a power boost simply because at the moment he can do, well, pretty much nothing lmao. But I can't help but feel they'd turn him into some huge fat bulky mess like Lickilicky/Probopass, so maybe he'd be better off staying the same for now :p
Old July 15th, 2013 (06:25 AM).
Salt-the-Sloth

Nature: Timid
I'm still not sure how to "reply" to people on here but @Fairy_Master I'm glad I wasn't the only one!
@JayTheKing I thought that would be the case as well but apparently not. I kinda would've prefered if it did replace the bike, but I mean it doesn't really matter I guess.
Old July 15th, 2013 (06:38 AM).
L0RD G3NGAR
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt-the-Sloth View Post
I'm still not sure how to "reply" to people on here but @Fairy_Master I'm glad I wasn't the only one!
@JayTheKing I thought that would be the case as well but apparently not. I kinda would've prefered if it did replace the bike, but I mean it doesn't really matter I guess.
They could have both like they did with the two diffrent types of bikes. So they might have both because they might do diffrent things..

FC:1521-4183-4396
In game name:Kylee(Y) Kyle(OR)
Old July 15th, 2013 (08:31 AM).
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
To reply to people, just hit the Quote button at the bottom of their post (or if you want to quote multiple people like in this post, just hit Multiquote so that it says On instead of Off, do it for whoever you want, then hit Post Reply at the bottom of the page c:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamebot View Post
They could have both like they did with the two diffrent types of bikes. So they might have both because they might do diffrent things..
I'd like to be able to switch between Rollerskates and a Bike. I feel like the Rollerskates could easily be like the Acro Bike from Gen III, while leaving the normal Bike as itself/similar to the Mach Bike. Would be a cool way to handle it!
Old July 15th, 2013 (08:45 AM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Hopefully we won't have to go back and forth to get one like with RSE where we could only have one of the bikes at a time.
Old July 15th, 2013 (10:44 AM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I kind of always felt like the bikes were more or less an outdated way of traveling, so why not just ditch it altogether and go with the skates? ._.; I mean, this is just my opinion, but I feel that it's kind of....pointless to have both a bike and the skates? I suppose it's fine for those who want to stick with the bike, but still...
Old July 15th, 2013 (10:59 AM).
Salt-the-Sloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
I kind of always felt like the bikes were more or less an outdated way of traveling, so why not just ditch it altogether and go with the skates? ._.; I mean, this is just my opinion, but I feel that it's kind of....pointless to have both a bike and the skates? I suppose it's fine for those who want to stick with the bike, but still...
My thoughts exactly! It looks like the player runs automatically, they introduced skates and riding Pokemon. Bikes really don't seem needed...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
To reply to people, just hit the Quote button at the bottom of their post (or if you want to quote multiple people like in this post, just hit Multiquote so that it says On instead of Off, do it for whoever you want, then hit Post Reply at the bottom of the page c:

I'd like to be able to switch between Rollerskates and a Bike. I feel like the Rollerskates could easily be like the Acro Bike from Gen III, while leaving the normal Bike as itself/similar to the Mach Bike. Would be a cool way to handle it!
I hope this works.. And thank you!

That could be it, but switching right from the roller skates to the bike seems kind of weird..oh maybe they made the option of pressing an on and off button on the bottom screen, like heartgold and soul silver, only you have to turn off the roller skates before you ride the bike?
Old July 15th, 2013 (11:34 AM).
Jerricko

Is there any confirmation about how many pokemon will be in the game? The best I found is a youtube video title 'Pokemon X & Pokemon Y - Gameplay Analysis' (can't link yet) where they claim:

Quote:
The Pokemon company president recently confirmed that the game will have around 700 Pokemon total.
Old July 15th, 2013 (11:47 AM).
WolfMirage
"Last Raven"

Nature: Bold
@Jerricko no way is there going to be 700 new pokes(if that what u mean), for new pokes it will be the stay some where around 150 new pokes as they always do, then of course after u beat the game then u start getting the older gen pokes
Old July 15th, 2013 (11:48 AM).
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I think having the option of skates or a bike would be nice, so I hope it's not something where you HAVE to use either in certain places. Skates are new and fun, so I hope they're always an option, but perhaps they won't work in grass/sand/snow etc?

Old July 15th, 2013 (12:18 PM). Edited July 15th, 2013 by Fairy_Master.
Fairy_Master

Hasn't anyone notice it? Maybe the Roller skates are this generations version of the "Running Shoes"
So Bikes would be MUCH faster.
I mean YES they show the character running in some early screenshots but, thats exactly it. It was early. They could have easily implemented the skates after.

Oh and thanks Salt-the-Sloth. I am glad I am not the only new one here.
We can all be great friends! Cx
Old July 15th, 2013 (12:26 PM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
It's quite possible that it could be this generation's versions of the running shoes, but to me, I feel like customizable skates would be much more efficient. Knock out two birds with one stone by adjusting the speed of the skates, eliminating the need for bikes. o.o;
Old July 15th, 2013 (12:34 PM).
Fairy_Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
It's quite possible that it could be this generation's versions of the running shoes, but to me, I feel like customizable skates would be much more efficient. Knock out two birds with one stone by adjusting the speed of the skates, eliminating the need for bikes. o.o;
Thats true. It just wont happen. The bike has been a staple in the games since Gen I
Though I do wish we were able to customize our bikes and skates as well. I mean.....I would love a pink bike to match my Sylveon! lol

The end result will most likely be like similar to the Mach/Acro bikes. The bike will probably used for speed and the skates for tricks and things to reach certain points in the game.
Old July 15th, 2013 (12:40 PM).
Jerricko

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMirage View Post
@Jerricko no way is there going to be 700 new pokes(if that what u mean), for new pokes it will be the stay some where around 150 new pokes as they always do, then of course after u beat the game then u start getting the older gen pokes
I actually meant all pokes, from Bulbasaur to who ever will be the last one in the pokedex; who is Genesect at the moment at number 649. It makes somewhat sense to include the vast majority of old pokes because of the transition to 3D, meaning many would need new models but can they really fit that many on the device?
Old July 15th, 2013 (12:51 PM).
Salt-the-Sloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by François View Post
I think having the option of skates or a bike would be nice, so I hope it's not something where you HAVE to use either in certain places. Skates are new and fun, so I hope they're always an option, but perhaps they won't work in grass/sand/snow etc?
Haha I was just about to say, I've tried skating on grass, it doesn't work. And all the footage we've seen of the roller skates have been on pavements/cities, so maybe we can't use bikes inside of cities and towns and so the roller skates are a sub? And maybe you can't wear roller skates outside of cities, because if you remember on the trailer whenever the trainer was on a route they would be running. This could be to show you can still run and not always be on skates, or because they were at an earlier route before getting the skates, but who knows..

Ohh I also remember someone saying in the opening intro the the game (at e3, no footage yet ) the player was grinding on rails. I've never tried grinding with skates, but just maybe we need the skates to reach hidden places?

@Fairy_Master Here, here!
Old July 15th, 2013 (01:02 PM).
Fairy_Master

Quote:
Ohh I also remember someone saying in the opening intro the the game (at e3, no footage yet ) the player was grinding on rails. I've never tried grinding with skates, but just maybe we need the skates to reach hidden places?

@Fairy_Master Here, here!
I wish we were able to see that vid. I have been searching high and low for it. Anyone happen to know where to find it? Along with the Orotto video lol. If GF needs any help designing new pokemon, I would gladly give my input. I have a few Fairy/Bug and Dark/Fairy types.

I just seriously hope they release the starter evos already. I just dont want them to do to Fennekin, what they did to mudkip.
Old July 15th, 2013 (01:58 PM).
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy_Master View Post
I wish we were able to see that vid. I have been searching high and low for it. Anyone happen to know where to find it? Along with the Orotto video lol. If GF needs any help designing new pokemon, I would gladly give my input. I have a few Fairy/Bug and Dark/Fairy types.

I just seriously hope they release the starter evos already. I just dont want them to do to Fennekin, what they did to mudkip.
The video only exists in the theaters in Japan. There won't be any media of it until gamefreak and TPC release it internationally. So we won't see it for a short while.
Old July 15th, 2013 (02:00 PM).
Salt-the-Sloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy_Master View Post

They only showed it at E3, and no camera's were allowed unfortunately. Also, the Oorotto video was shown after the Pokemon 16th Movie, so the only way to see it is if you go and see the movie. :C
Because it's the opening intro, I can only assume that they'll show it once they start advertising Pokemon X and Y on TV. Pikmin 3, which is coming out in a few weeks, only just got their TV ad, so I don't think we'll see Pokemon X and Y's one for a while..

BUT!!! In next weeks Pokemon Smash, they did that thing where they showed a cardboard with a "?" on it to hint new information/pokemon being revealed. However, this cardboard was huge compared to previous ones. I'm betting they're either showing the 5 new Pokemon released in CoroCoro, Oorotto, or the final stage evolutions of the starters(though I kinda doubt this one).
We were told that next months CoroCoro was going to be massive, so who knows. As for me, I'm hoping they'll show the Dragon Eeveelution. Doubtful, but hopeful!
Old July 15th, 2013 (02:03 PM). Edited July 15th, 2013 by Fairy_Master.
Fairy_Master

Uuuuuugh. Rada rada rada....
Oh well. I was just hoping someone would have leaked it in some way by now. Just impatient I suppose.
Hey wait, so was that the only NEW pokemon mentioned in the movie?
Then what was the deal with Sableye on the poster? No new evo for him?

Quote:
I'm hoping they'll show the Dragon Eeveelution. Doubtful, but hopeful!
I do too. Its totally plausible. Dragon is the last "Special" type so it could happen.
However....I will take on your "Drageon" with my Sylveon any day.
Fairy Powaaaahhhh!!!!! hehehe
Old July 15th, 2013 (02:21 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
The video only exists in the theaters in Japan. There won't be any media of it until gamefreak and TPC release it internationally. So we won't see it for a short while.
By the time they do show it the games will proably already be out...also I don't believe they show the previews for the next movie on tv...
Either way 89 days until XY come out :3.
Old July 15th, 2013 (02:28 PM). Edited July 15th, 2013 by Fairy_Master.
Fairy_Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Either way 89 days until XY come out :3.
Yeah, thats true. I just wish it was more like 2 days.
Or that the starter evos were released already. How can I decide on a team if I dunno if my Fennekin evolution would be glorious like Ninetales or all "Merph" like Garbordor (No offense to any Garbordor fans. To each their own.)

Anyone else secretly hope that one of the starters gets a dual typing thats fairy?
Oh and I read somewhere that Orotto is suspected to be a Sableye Evo and I was like "whaaaaa?"
Makes no sense at all. But then again, we have no official artwork, so I cant definitively say that it cant be a Sableye evo. Its just....highly unlikely....
Old July 15th, 2013 (02:51 PM).
WolfMirage
"Last Raven"

Nature: Bold
@Jerricko there r gonna have all the older gen pokes plus how many new pokes they add, i highly doubt that they would be trannferring to 3d grahics with out being sure that they get all pokes in the game
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links