The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 12th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonmasteraaron View Post
I wonder when we'll get to see some real gameplay? Around May you think?
I don't think we'll have to wait that long before seeing more game play. Usually Pokémon Smash will sometimes air new game footage and when we receive new CoroCoro scans they sometimes recap what's revealed and at times show footage from some of the scans. We'll definitely see more game play before May though, I'm sure.
Old January 12th, 2013, 06:38 PM
shubham2207
Metallurgy Master (Excadrill)

Nature: Naughty
Oh when is d next coro coro issue releasing? 15 feb?

Last edited by shubham2207; January 12th, 2013 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Nthng sirius :-P
Old January 12th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
I'm seriously hoping for a Pokemon Stadium-like game for it. ;__; Well, I mean, I liked PBR, but, Pokemon Stadium still had an original ~flair~ to it imo.
With Gen 6 being in 3D and having its own Random Battle Match-up. What would be the point in making a new Stadium like game. Most likely they'd not have any Mini games to play, like how PBR was. And having a console story based RPG like Colosseum seems a waste now that we can take the same up to date graphics with us in our pockets/backpack/purses since they will have stories too.

We may have ended the home console Pokemon games in Gen 4 with PBR. Random match up seems to be the main reason why Gen 5 didn't get a stadium like game.

IMO Gen 6 seems to have surpassed the need for stadiums...Pokemon X and Pokemon Y could have built in Stadium like settings too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubham2207 View Post
Oh when is d next coro coro issue releasing? 15 jan?
Its technically already out, but the owner won't scan anymore pages, possibly due to the lawsuit filed a few years ago with the B/W fiasco. I think its usually on the 15th so we'll get scans sometime soon.
Old January 12th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
We'll probably see the next game play around early March, maybe some new info and scans in February but I doubt they would provide us with footage every month until October. They feed us this information gradually not revealing all too much.

Old January 12th, 2013, 06:40 PM
pokemonmasteraaron
The blind Pokémon Master!

Send a message via Skype™ to pokemonmasteraaron
But are there going to be english equivalents to these? Or are we going to only have japonese names for towns and Pokémon again? Not that that is a problem. I was just kind of hoping we wouldn't have to call (insert pokemon name here) haribonuu
Old January 12th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Given the short localisation and the fact that we received the English names for the Starters & Legendaries at the same time, I can imagine any future information will come at the same rate.

Old January 12th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
I don't think we'll have to wait that long before seeing more game play. Usually Pokémon Smash will sometimes air new game footage and when we receive new CoroCoro scans they sometimes recap what's revealed and at times show footage from some of the scans. We'll definitely see more game play before May though, I'm sure.
Smash aired today with no X and Y news at all. They don't seem to have anything for next week either so we'll have to wait for February since that's pretty much all for this month. I mean there is still one other week, but I don't think we'll get any big news then either.

Quote:
But are there going to be english equivalents to these? Or are we going to only have japonese names for towns and Pokémon again? Not that that is a problem. I was just kind of hoping we wouldn't have to call (insert pokemon name here) haribonuu
Through Coro Coro and Smash, it'll be strictly Japanese. Pokemon.Com will release the English info, should go in tandem with CoroCoro if they plan to release info that way and not strictly through the Nintendo Network/TPC. Other than these medias, it'll be based on what country the news comes from.
Old January 12th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
With Gen 6 being in 3D and having its own Random Battle Match-up. What would be the point in making a new Stadium like game. Most likely they'd not have any Mini games to play, like how PBR was. And having a console story based RPG like Colosseum seems a waste now that we can take the same up to date graphics with us in our pockets/backpack/purses since they will have stories too.

We may have ended the home console Pokemon games in Gen 4 with PBR. Random match up seems to be the main reason why Gen 5 didn't get a stadium like game.

IMO Gen 6 seems to have surpassed the need for stadiums...Pokemon X and Pokemon Y could have built in Stadium like settings too.

Its technically already out, but the owner won't scan anymore pages, possibly due to the lawsuit filed a few years ago with the B/W fiasco. I think its usually on the 15th so we'll get scans sometime soon.
Well, yeah, they've mentioned that they were going to prioritize the handheld systems, but still, even if the possibility of a Stadium game is unlikely, I'd also like to see a Gen VI's version of a Pokemon Colosseum spin-off, having a trainer that breaks away from the whole Champion trend. Plus I can only dream!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 12th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Smash aired today with no X and Y news at all. They don't seem to have anything for next week either so we'll have to wait for February since that's pretty much all for this month. I mean there is still one other week, but I don't think we'll get any big news then either.
Smash never really does ever reveal much information anyway. At least not on many occasions. I remember those days streaming it during the time HG/SS was announced and they usually recapped on what we already knew. The only real advantage was seeing them play and show some game footage, since you can't see that on a scan of paper.

I'm surprised they didn't say anything about X and Y though.
Old January 12th, 2013, 07:07 PM
pokemonmasteraaron

For some rason, I think the 6th Animé might be good. Maybe, maybe not. But for some reason I have a good fealing about it.
Old January 12th, 2013, 08:15 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I just realized we should be getting some local news...unless the japanese intend to be the location of first notice for all new news. I guess we're entering that dark period called "Wait" once more.
Old January 12th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Nothing wrong with being a bit patient and speculating what is to come~! It keeps things interesting and fresh. n_n
Old January 12th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Sydian
Reserved for Syd's house - Nook Homes

Nature: Timid
Still, speculation gets a bit stale without some more information to brighten things up and add to it and potentially rule some things out.
Old January 12th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
I'm loving the science-related speculation though; it really pumps me up on the possible pokemon plot here~! Offff course, actual info is always good, but, I'm always up for a sciency-pokemon speculation!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 12th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I just realized we should be getting some local news...unless the japanese intend to be the location of first notice for all new news. I guess we're entering that dark period called "Wait" once more.
Since earlier generations, the Japanese usually got the news of new Generations much earlier than everywhere else in the world. However, I think we're bound to get it just as soon as Japanese get it, but then again... we could get it later. I'm not even sure if the game is going to be released on the same day as Japan, knowing that it's going to be released worldwide in October 2013. xD

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 12th, 2013, 08:43 PM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
So with all the legendaries how there, what do you think the trio of this gen going to be? We already got the creator of time, the creator of Pokemon, creator of weather. Do you think these legendaries are going to be more powerful than the previous ones?
Old January 12th, 2013, 08:43 PM
pokemonmasteraaron

You know, japan is a day ahead of us so they might get it on october 14 for example and we'll get it on the 13th. That's me being hopeful.
Old January 12th, 2013, 09:37 PM
shubham2207
Metallurgy Master (Excadrill)

Nature: Naughty
@liljz1234- xerneas can be the god of heaven and yveltal be the god of hell...yveltal is a devil bird thats y i thought so...
Old January 12th, 2013, 09:41 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
You know, japan is a day ahead of us so they might get it on october 14 for example and we'll get it on the 13th. That's me being hopeful. :)
Well Australia is ahead of Japan so...

I wonder what the gap will be between release dates, a couple days? Or will it be on the same day around the world?
Old January 12th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Sydian

That'd be great if it was the same day worldwide. I mean, it's already in the same month. Why not make it better and do the same date as well? :)
Old January 12th, 2013, 09:56 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
If it was the same day worldwide, it would have to be set around at the same time worldwide, like it was for the Pokémon Direct presentation, which would be so cool to have.

Likewise, if there was a release date worldwide on a certain date, then New Zealand and then Australia would be the first of people to get the games and play them before everywhere else in the world does.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 12th, 2013, 09:57 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
That'd be great if it was the same day worldwide. I mean, it's already in the same month. Why not make it better and do the same date as well? :)
A same day release would also reduce the number of spoilers.
Old January 12th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Sydian

Quote:
A same day release would also reduce the number of spoilers.
That could be good though. It's been a long time since we've that happen.
Old January 12th, 2013, 10:50 PM
Khrysta

Same day actually doesn't lower chance of Spoilers. Australia and Japan are ahead of us in the US. So they'd get theirs nearly a full day ahead of the US. UK would be in the middle, but still face a similar issue.

Same day is plausable, but we will get spoilers if you stay up late seeing as, for example if the games were to be released on the 15th in Japan, for me in the US that would be 9 AM on the 13th. Say their stores open 8/9 AM in Japan, that's 5/6PM for me so I'd have to be offline the entire day or else I'd get spoilers. 4-5 hours before going to sleep worth of spoilers appearing by Australian and Japanese players.

They also cannot do a specific time based release. Why? Because since the last country, the US is so late, the others lose out on an entire day of sales almost. Even for a late night release, its not something that any store or business would look forward to trying.
Old January 13th, 2013, 02:23 AM
Forever
let it go

Xander you know everything!

But yeah I think having it the same-ish day would be awesome, even if it's off by a bit in timezones. I don't mind getting the games early ;) But honestly the most I see them doing is the same week really.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here