Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread

Old January 14th, 2013 (06:18 PM).
The blind Pokémon Master!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to pokemonmasteraaron
Maybe the coordinate generation? Or something? idk. I cannot wait until we have more than 0 seconds of gameplay! I want to to know more!
Old January 14th, 2013 (06:21 PM).
everything is purple
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Miss Doronjo:
Eh. At this stage, any theory looks 'sound' as long as it sounds like it makes sense. :3 I saw that theory too and, yeah, it sounds quite interesting; I thought that in that case, Xernas might be led to an "electric" type.
Oh yea, it's all purely speculation and I'll admit the theory is worth a read but after the person coming up with it said he didn't even believe it I got turned off from it hah

Xerneas as electric? Hmmm idk
Old January 14th, 2013 (06:21 PM).
.. and so are we
Platinum Tier

We're looking waay into this now aren't we? Having Zekrom as Electric for me lowers the chances of either of these two being Electric or Fire, I know its been done with Dragons but yeah.

#TeamTrivia
Decreased activity
01/06/2015 - 19/06/2015
Old January 14th, 2013 (06:23 PM).
The blind Pokémon Master!

Send a message via Skype™ to pokemonmasteraaron
We just had Zekrom as a main legendary as electric type. I dunno how keen I am on having anothe.
Old January 14th, 2013 (06:26 PM).
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
I dunno; I was just supposing that, because neurons send signals through out the body "electrically", so... maybe?

I'm not sure how I feel about another electric-type, or another dragon-type legendary either; it would be since to see new dual type variety with them.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 14th, 2013 (06:29 PM).
everything is purple
Silver Tier

It's pretty much guaranteed though that we'll probably get Dragon and Psychic types as legendaries. I want to see a Poison Legendary for once arceus doesn't count
Old January 14th, 2013 (06:33 PM).
.. and so are we
Platinum Tier

Yes, I would also slike to see a pure or dual type Poison Legendary, it is the only typing that hasn't been used for a legendary yet.

#TeamTrivia
Decreased activity
01/06/2015 - 19/06/2015
Old January 14th, 2013 (06:46 PM).
LIGHTNINGSTRIKE ϟ
Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
I'm unsure about how I would feel with a poison-type legendary. On one hand, I think it'll be unique, but on the other hand, as someone that somewhat likes to use legendaries on their team, would it be a waste in the end? Poison isn't that fantastic of a type to use competitively at all, so unless they really beef up the type, there's going to be some issues. ._.

To guide those who are
lost
, and fight alongside those who are
found
, that is my duty. «
Old January 14th, 2013 (06:49 PM).
Gaiden

Poison is a very versatile type in competitive play. O: Well, at least when it comes to species of pokemon. Moves? noooooot so much aside from Toxic Spikes / Toxic / Sludge Bomb. Yeah, if it's going to be a poison type, I agree that it should add to the versatility; and maybe have a new viable poison move altogether~

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 14th, 2013 (06:52 PM).
.. and so are we
Platinum Tier

I would have thought Genesect to be Poison type judging from the appearence but they can be decieving. I guess it's like the Dark type Gym, maybe we'll get one after five generations.

#TeamTrivia
Decreased activity
01/06/2015 - 19/06/2015
Old January 14th, 2013 (07:09 PM).
Arcanine + Golurk

Location: In between Australia and the US so the Pacific Ocean <3
I think it would be nice seeing a poison-type legendary arrive as it is one of the few types that hasn't been turned into a legendary yet and Yveltal sort of has the appearance for it but I'm suspecting its Dark/Flying. Poison-types don't have the greatest moves sadly, Toxic and Sludge Bomb are about the only ones I can think of so hopefully if they do make a poison-type legendary I agree they should make it at least a little versatile :D.

~Rainbow
Old January 14th, 2013 (07:20 PM).
Oshawotts shine!

I would like to see a Poison-type Legendary sometime, cos we never had one so far. I do agree with Rainbow that Yveltal will probably be Dark/Flying, and Poison Pokemon usually get shallow movepools.

And if we were to have a Poison Legendary, at least give it a workable moveset.

~ Hikari
Old January 14th, 2013 (07:24 PM).
My life would suck without you
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I wouldn't mind if one of the other legendaries were a Poison type. Just not the game's mascots.
Old January 14th, 2013 (07:33 PM).
everything is purple
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Twilight Sky:
I'm unsure about how I would feel with a poison-type legendary. On one hand, I think it'll be unique, but on the other hand, as someone that somewhat likes to use legendaries on their team, would it be a waste in the end? Poison isn't that fantastic of a type to use competitively at all, so unless they really beef up the type, there's going to be some issues. ._.
Well we have to remember that GameFreak doesn't create the games tailormade for competitive battling. Legendaries are simply there for story and lore purposes so a poison legendary would be fine.
Old January 14th, 2013 (07:40 PM).
LIGHTNINGSTRIKE ϟ
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by .EJ:
Well we have to remember that GameFreak doesn't create the games tailormade for competitive battling. Legendaries are simply there for story and lore purposes so a poison legendary would be fine.
I know this. As interesting as it would be having a poison-type legendary, it would just be kind of a disappointment to me unless they make new/better moves for it. Cross Poison/Poison Tail was a start, but sadly it's been really left out, while there are other types like Electric(Volt Switch), and even Flying(Hurricane), and Psychic(Psyshock) got some pretty good boosts.

Just my personal view, though. D:

To guide those who are
lost
found
, that is my duty. «
Old January 14th, 2013 (07:45 PM).
everything is purple
Silver Tier

I know this. As interesting as it would be having a poison-type legendary, it would just be kind of a disappointment to me unless they make new/better moves for it. Cross Poison/Poison Tail was a start, but sadly it's been really left out, while there are other types like Electric(Volt Switch), and even Flying(Hurricane), and Psychic(Psyshock) got some pretty good boosts.

Just my personal view, though. D:
No, I agree. Poison type is my favorite type and it's definitely been slept on by GF. We get a few things here and there but it's one of the weaker offensive types. It's a much better defensive type so for Gen 6 I'd love to see rad Poison pokemon/attacks, etc.
Old January 14th, 2013 (08:12 PM).
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by .EJ:
No, I agree. Poison type is my favorite type and it's definitely been slept on by GF. We get a few things here and there but it's one of the weaker offensive types. It's a much better defensive type so for Gen 6 I'd love to see rad Poison pokemon/attacks, etc.
I totally agree. 1st gen with the most amount of poisons introduced in a single region holds about half the population of poison types(correct me if i'm wrong) and I'd like to see more vareity in the new poison types as well as more creative poison moves. Anyone for a Poison Komodo Dragon? Possible first dragon/poison poke?
Old January 14th, 2013 (09:15 PM).
everything is purple
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by CourageHound:
I totally agree. 1st gen with the most amount of poisons introduced in a single region holds about half the population of poison types(correct me if i'm wrong) and I'd like to see more vareity in the new poison types as well as more creative poison moves. Anyone for a Poison Komodo Dragon? Possible first dragon/poison poke?
Thinking back on this, you're absolutely correct. It's astonishing to see just how many poison types Gen 1 has but how little were added in the following regions...
Old January 14th, 2013 (09:18 PM).
LIGHTNINGSTRIKE ϟ
Platinum Tier

I'm definitely in favor of a Dragon/Poison Pokemon! I imagine something that looks a lot like Hydreigon, except more lethal, as it show more of it's "poisonous" side or something like that. If there's more powerful Poison type moves this gen, then this possible Dragon/Poison Pokemon could be quite a threat~!

Except now thinking back on it, it'd be easily countered by faster Psychic types, and plus there's still that agonizing Ground weakness, unless it has levitate...

To guide those who are
lost
found
, that is my duty. «
Old January 15th, 2013 (01:19 AM).
Crystal Tier

I'm definitely in favor of a Dragon/Poison Pokemon! I imagine something that looks a lot like Hydreigon, except more lethal, as it show more of it's "poisonous" side or something like that. If there's more powerful Poison type moves this gen, then this possible Dragon/Poison Pokemon could be quite a threat~!

Except now thinking back on it, it'd be easily countered by faster Psychic types, and plus there's still that agonizing Ground weakness, unless it has levitate...
But if it has Levitate it won't be able to absorb Toxic Spikes :(
Old January 15th, 2013 (02:02 AM).
Platinum Tier

Nature: Brave
How about a Pokemon based off the Leviathan biblical myth? You know, the huge ship wrecking flesh-eating sea monster o.o

Old January 15th, 2013 (02:17 AM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by PEDRO12:
How about a Pokemon based off the Leviathan biblical myth? You know, the huge ship wrecking flesh-eating sea monster o.o
I think that'd be a cool idea. And maybe one based on a giant kraken.
Old January 15th, 2013 (02:21 AM).

Yeah,i'm really stoked about any new info about this Gen and new revelations about the story.
Old January 15th, 2013 (02:21 AM).
Hey Einstein, I'm on your side

I had an idea for a legendary Pokemon that is based on Beelzebub. Since there's a god entity, why not a satanic one? (No, Darkrai isn't based on one.) Like Shin Megami Tensei, the design would be based on a fly since his name literally means Lord of the Flies, it doesn't exactly have to be Collin de Plancy's depiction of Beelzebub. (which is what SMT took inspiration from.) Just the thought of a fly dark/poison type legendary that is supposed to be the demon of the Pokemon world is pretty cool.
Quote originally posted by Zupplu:
Oh where to start. How can you already been disappointed. We've seen 0 seconds of real game play, and it's still 10 whole months until release.
To be honest this is something that's been bothering me, so sorry to bring it up. This isn't directed to this post directly, but more judging people who already decided whether to purchase the games or not/be disappointed, which is fairly rude. Yes, a single, obscure trailer can justify one's purchase. I mean, you're already gonna 100% buy the game right? From a single trailer? Hell, even before this was announced? How is this any better? Video games are just a medium that is supposed to be entertaining, and they cost, quite frankly, a lot of money. You guys may be different, but I prioritize other things, like school, boxing and hell even other video games that is supposedly interesting.

So suppose I was to give Pokemon a chance, and I wanted to decide fast...then what's so surprising about anyone judging a trailer that is this lacking? Everything I didn't want is there, and unlike most of you, I consider Pokemon just time wasting games. I'm not gonna wait for games I don't exactly care very much about just for them to improve. Trailers are supposed to hype me up, not disappoint me, and if the first trailer fails that then it's not surprising I already gave up.

Point is, they're games, they're supposed to be time wasters and I'm supposed to have fun at that time, but I don't have fun with Pokemon anymore. It's almost the same as criticizing someone for not watching this movie because of one actor they don't like, or criticizing this kid for not buying this one action figure because it's pink or whatever. It's rude, it's insulting and frankly quite disgusting. I consider Donkey Kong Country Returns the best traditional 2D platformer, but a lot of people didn't buy it/dropped it because of simple reasons like waggle. Hey, their money, and it's a perfectly justified reason, should I be pissed off and defend the game by saying "really? not playing the game because of that? seriously..."? No, I shouldn't care.

Basically the whole defensive mentality needs to stop. There's already too many games I want to play this year, and between exercising/boxing and school, then yes, something as small as random encounters is gonna take off Pokemon X/Y as one of those games. What's not to say others who are disappointed are the same? If they complain like a child or are explicitly insulting, then you have every right to complain, but right now it's just immature and makes you look like a fanboy. (Which by now I am convinced that you are...)

Just wanted to get this point across because I hate it when people criticize other's decision for purchasing. It's not just Pokemon, either, but I feel Pokemon fans are amongst the worst offenders of this.

Twitter - Tumblr
Old January 15th, 2013 (02:23 AM).
Shiny Collector

Nature: Lonely
I thought Kyogre is based on Leviathan just like Groudon is based on Behemoth and Rayquaza is based on Ziz. But, I like the idea of a kraken based pokemon.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links