The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 15th, 2013, 02:31 AM
Spinosaurus
Your favorite Pokemon sucks.

Yeah Kyogre is based on Leviathan, just doesn't have the supposed behavior of one I assume.

You know I always wanted a Kraken based one. 4 years ago you'd see it and Megalodon on the top of my list for bases for Pokemon design haha. I still want both. :)
Old January 15th, 2013, 02:36 AM
lightfurret

I'm craving for a more balanced metagame, without these horribale power gapes. Give low states pokes some useful abilities or moves that will make them more essential. Make the sky-high un-legendary pokes more obvious and less versetile.

I'm sick of seeing the same 9-10 pokes in just every battle.
Old January 15th, 2013, 02:44 AM
Spinosaurus

It's nigh-impossibly hard to balance a game with those many Pokemon. Each generation the metagame becomes more and more filled with BS and imbalance. I gave up the metagame with gen 5, and I imagine this gen would be even worse.

Then I moved on to fighting games but those aren't balanced either today, with their 50 character roster.
Old January 15th, 2013, 02:48 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfurret View Post
I'm craving for a more balanced metagame, without these horribale power gapes. Give low states pokes some useful abilities or moves that will make them more essential. Make the sky-high un-legendary pokes more obvious and less versetile.

I think the metagame will be fine really. But... I'm bias because I really enjoyed gen 5 (even though that was the first generation I played competitively but oh well!) However, I did find weather annoying but otherwise everything else was fine. If everything stays how it was with just awesomer mons, then I'll be good. :3;
Old January 15th, 2013, 02:49 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I wonder if they'll introduce 4 v 4 battles, not that I would support it since it would just be too messy but still... they gave us 3 on 3 (and rotation) battles in the latest Gen. Speaking of which I wonder how they will be utilized in 3D, I hope they don't mess it up...

Old January 15th, 2013, 02:50 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfurret View Post

I don't think there will ever be a balanced metagame. I think Scizor will remain ruler of OU.
Old January 15th, 2013, 03:44 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I wonder if they'll introduce 4 v 4 battles, not that I would support it since it would just be too messy but still... they gave us 3 on 3 (and rotation) battles in the latest Gen. Speaking of which I wonder how they will be utilized in 3D, I hope they don't mess it up...
Hmm... I think I could do without an extra Pokémon in battle if I've already got three out on the field. Gen V had such a small amount of triple battles and rotational battles, that I feel they need to keep working on including those two new forms of battles more before they decide on taking the next step. Honestly though, two was great, three was pushing it, and I just don't think we need to go as far as four on four battles.
Old January 15th, 2013, 04:15 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I'm really hoping that the Light-type gets announced and implemented into Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, 'cause that will balance out the type chart and also any Dark/Ghost Pokémon would receive x4 the damage, rather than having no weakness at all. But I'm getting this feeling that they won't. D:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
Hmm... I think I could do without an extra Pokémon in battle if I've already got three out on the field. Gen V had such a small amount of triple battles and rotational battles, that I feel they need to keep working on including those two new forms of battles more before they decide on taking the next step. Honestly though, two was great, three was pushing it, and I just don't think we need to go as far as four on four battles.
Not to also mention that it is too soon to be making a Quadruple Battle, which would be too many Pokémon to use in Pokémon X and Y. xD

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 15th, 2013, 04:19 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Maybe 4 on 4 quadruple battles could be just, a tag team double battle? Or in other words, two people using two pokemon at once, and each person just worrying about their own 2 pokemon?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 15th, 2013, 04:22 AM
Mithel_Celestia
Alluring Illusion

Nature: Modest
One thing i want to bring: Global Link.

What will happen to the site? Will it be upgrade like the previous GTS website is to Global Link now, or will it stay that way.

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old January 15th, 2013, 04:30 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithel_Celestia View Post
One thing i want to bring: Global Link.

What will happen to the site? Will it be upgrade like the previous GTS website is to Global Link now, or will it stay that way.
That is what I was thinking about too. I think it will keep operating for quite some time yet though. Who knows? X/Y might use the same thing.
Old January 15th, 2013, 04:34 AM
Spinosaurus

To be honest, I think triple battle alone would make the 3D battles a laggy, 10fps mess, let alone quadruple. Would be interesting to see how Game Freak works around it giving their lack of technical knowledge.
Old January 15th, 2013, 05:39 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Oh dear, please don't add an additional Pokemon out there on the battlefield, it would make things so much more of a mess than they already are. x_x;
Old January 15th, 2013, 05:40 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I'm not even a fan of the Triple Battles but I can somehow see them implementing some sort of Quadruple Tag Team Battle feature.

Old January 15th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Echidna
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceBlaze View Post
I thought Kyogre is based on Leviathan just like Groudon is based on Behemoth and Rayquaza is based on Ziz. But, I like the idea of a kraken based pokemon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinosaurus View Post
Yeah Kyogre is based on Leviathan, just doesn't have the supposed behavior of one I assume.

You know I always wanted a Kraken based one. 4 years ago you'd see it and Megalodon on the top of my list for bases for Pokemon design haha. I still want both. :)
Well you guys are right, according to Bulbapedia, Kyogre is in fact based off Leviathan, which honestly makes no sense as it doesn't look like Leviathan(which is serpent like according to its myths of origin), nor acts likes it(destroying ships... etc). u_u
Oh well, guess a Kraken based Pokemon will have to do...

Old January 15th, 2013, 07:23 AM
pokemonmasteraaron
The blind Pokémon Master!

Send a message via Skype™ to pokemonmasteraaron
You know what would be cool? A Poison and Rock type Pokémon.
I don't think that exists.
I look forward to new generations mainly because of the type combonations that are usually added.
E.G. lots were added in 2nd gen, especially since there were 2 new types.
In 3rd gen we had some new Pokémon like grass & water, grass & dark, water & dark, dragon ground, steel psychic, etc.
In sinnoh, I think rock & steel might have been new, ghost and flying definitely so, ice and grass, etc.
In 5th gen we got electric & ground, ghost & fire ghost & ground ghost & water, dragon & dark, etc. I can't wait to find out some of the new combonations!
Does anybody think a water fire would be odd but cool?
I mean, it's Pokémon, realism doesn't really play much of a role
Also, I don't think grass & electric exists which would be pretty cool.
Old January 15th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonmasteraaron View Post
You know what would be cool? A Poison and Rock type Pokémon.
I don't think that exists.
I look forward to new generations mainly because of the type combonations that are usually added.
E.G. lots were added in 2nd gen, especially since there were 2 new types.
In 3rd gen we had some new Pokémon like grass & water, grass & dark, water & dark, dragon ground, steel psychic, etc.
In sinnoh, I think rock & steel might have been new, ghost and flying definitely so, ice and grass, etc.
In 5th gen we got electric & ground, ghost & fire ghost & ground ghost & water, dragon & dark, etc. I can't wait to find out some of the new combonations!
Does anybody think a water fire would be odd but cool?
I mean, it's Pokémon, realism doesn't really play much of a role :)
Also, I don't think grass & electric exists which would be pretty cool.
Maybe if this game is a possible genetics theme, there can be pokemon whose 'molecules' are scrambled, and their genetic coding becomes out of wack, so there might be some interesting dual types, liiiiike types as you said, pokemon that have dual types that conflict with each other like Fire/Water, or maybe Flying/Ground.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old January 15th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Autumn Reverie
wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff.

Nature: Modest
A quadruple battle?? No thank you! It'll make things very complicated and will most probably lag the entire gameplay. Triple battles are where I think it should stop at. So I shall say no to quadruple battles until someone can prove that it won't make things more complex. :/

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old January 15th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Echidna
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Maybe if this game is a possible genetics theme, there can be pokemon whose 'molecules' are scrambled, and their genetic coding becomes out of wack, so there might be some interesting dual types, liiiiike types as you said, pokemon that have dual types that conflict with each other like Fire/Water, or maybe Flying/Ground.
That sounds unbelievably interesting ;o
Pokemon with screwed up DNA, I love it <3 <3 Maybe they'll finally introduce Pokemon fusion :3 (I hope not).

Old January 15th, 2013, 07:43 AM
pokemonmasteraaron
The blind Pokémon Master!

Send a message via Skype™ to pokemonmasteraaron
I was thinking, maybe not even that. Maybe there could be some 2 headed thing that could be both fire and water without actually conflicting...or something.
So, aditional evolution methods? We've had them in the past.
1st gen basis of evolution
2nd gen trading with an item, not sure if that was new, but I think so. At any rate day and night happiness evolutions were new for sure, and actually regular happiness evolutions might have been new too since I'm not even sure happiness existed in first gen.
3rd gen: erm. Maybe my theory is broken here. I actually don't think there was a new evolution method.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Anyway... Sinnoh.
4th gen: Area based evolutions, and also evolutions based on team members (mantyke's evolution.
5th gen: We have the trade with a spesific other Pokémon method.
I'm not sure if there was any other new evo methods introduced, I've forgotten now.
So, if any, what kind of new evolution methods do you think may be added?
Something that would be really really annoying would be regional evolution. For the Pokémon to evolve, it has to be traded with a person from another country. This takes away the ability to trade with yourself. And it just seems like the annoying thing game freak would do. As annoying as this would be, I am actually not apposed to it. It would be interesting to have to work that hard for an evolution. I'm not saying this for tons of Pokémon, but maybe just for 1 spesific Pokémon, or perhaps 2 at most.
Old January 15th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Jak
mother of challenges

Nature: Timid
I've been waiting on Fire/Water for a looooong time. Fire/anything really. I want Fire/Ice really bad too. I just think it'd be so neat.
Old January 15th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Spinosaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEDRO12 View Post
Well you guys are right, according to Bulbapedia, Kyogre is in fact based off Leviathan, which honestly makes no sense as it doesn't look like Leviathan(which is serpent like according to its myths of origin), nor acts likes it(destroying ships... etc). u_u
Oh well, guess a Kraken based Pokemon will have to do...
I'm pretty sure it wasn't supposed to be a Leviathan, but more like the idea and context around it. Groudon was apparently inspired by a Behemoth, but has the behavior and looks of a Tyrannosaur Rex. (Making it the best Pokemon ever.) They probably looked at an Orca as a base for Kyogre's design.

Honestly I think Groudon and Kyogre are both the most interesting legendaries and the ones that feel most inspired. Lugia/Ho-Oh I also really like for the Japanese background. Dialgia/Palkia (as much as I like them) and Reshiram/Zekrom got an interesting idea behind them, but were executed poorly and their design are something left to be desired. Gen 2 and Gen 3 in general are the peak of legendaries design and concept wise. The new legendaries in gen 6 seem to be a vast improvement design wise, and got potential.

Give me a Beelzebub and Megalodon legendary!
Spoiler:
Old January 15th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonmasteraaron View Post
I was thinking, maybe not even that. Maybe there could be some 2 headed thing that could be both fire and water without actually conflicting...or something.
So, aditional evolution methods? We've had them in the past.
1st gen basis of evolution
2nd gen trading with an item, not sure if that was new, but I think so. At any rate day and night happiness evolutions were new for sure, and actually regular happiness evolutions might have been new too since I'm not even sure happiness existed in first gen.
3rd gen: erm. Maybe my theory is broken here. I actually don't think there was a new evolution method.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Anyway... Sinnoh.
4th gen: Area based evolutions, and also evolutions based on team members (mantyke's evolution.
5th gen: We have the trade with a spesific other Pokémon method.
I'm not sure if there was any other new evo methods introduced, I've forgotten now.
So, if any, what kind of new evolution methods do you think may be added?
Something that would be really really annoying would be regional evolution. For the Pokémon to evolve, it has to be traded with a person from another country. This takes away the ability to trade with yourself. And it just seems like the annoying thing game freak would do. As annoying as this would be, I am actually not apposed to it. It would be interesting to have to work that hard for an evolution. I'm not saying this for tons of Pokémon, but maybe just for 1 spesific Pokémon, or perhaps 2 at most.
Well, if you want to be technical about it, Gen III introduced the idea of certain pokemon evolving under strict conditions, like.. you have to max out the 'beauty' condition of Feebas, and even though Nincada evolves to Ninjask at level 20, it can 'technically' evolve to Shedinja too if you have a spare pokemon slot and a pokeball... I think.

Anyway, whatever the new evolution method is, I hope it's not really a 'DNA' evolution based... cause that reminds me too much of Digimon. D=

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old January 15th, 2013, 08:44 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

For a Fire/Water type just give me a lava fish that live in or near underwater volcanoes and I'll be happy.
Old January 15th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Spinosaurus

What's a lava fish?

Submarine volcanoes are a good way to introduce a Fire/Water type. I'd love something related to boiled water or steam, though.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links