The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 16th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I never used the Dream Radar but did it only allow you to get the three alternate formes of the Kami Trio?

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old January 16th, 2013, 03:17 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I never used the Dream Radar but did it only allow you to get the three alternate formes of the Kami Trio?
No, there were a few other Pokémon like such as Drifloon, Togepi, Porygon, etc. As well as the Gen IV mascots and some items.
Old January 16th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Oh, maybe they could expand on it since these games are for the 3DS.

Old January 16th, 2013, 04:02 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Oh, maybe they could expand on it since these games are for the 3DS.
I hope they include a different app, I didn't like the Dream Radar much.
Old January 16th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

There will probably be other apps compatible with the games that could unlock new areas.

Old January 16th, 2013, 04:53 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
There will probably be other apps compatible with the games that could unlock new areas.
Do you mean like an item received in the app will unlock an area or something else? I wouldn't mind that as long as the app was made accessible for everyone.
Old January 16th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
By apps, you mean something like the Poketch or something like that, right?
Old January 16th, 2013, 06:06 PM
bobandbill
Wahahahaha!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill
Just a reminder to keep discussion to X and Y rather than other games (especially sequels to different games), please.
ORAS Staff Collab 2014
Old January 16th, 2013, 06:12 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
By apps, you mean something like the Poketch or something like that, right?
No, 3DS apps, like how the Dream Radar was an app for B2/W2. Will X/Y have it's own app?
Old January 16th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Sydian
there it is

Nature: Timid
I'm sitting here hoping we don't get a ton of form changes in XY. I know we're talking about Dream Radar and its relation to XY, but still, it allowed us to get alternate forms of the Kami Trio in BW2, so I'm sitting here thinking "pleeeease don't do that to us again" lol :( I'm not a huge fan of making forms for the sake of making a new form though. It's a bit annoying when most legendaries start to have alternate forms, so I'd just like them to slim it down to one or two maybe. And that's all.

Play the game to change the game
Old January 16th, 2013, 06:17 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
I'm sitting here hoping we don't get a ton of form changes in XY. I know we're talking about Dream Radar and its relation to XY, but still, it allowed us to get alternate forms of the Kami Trio in BW2, so I'm sitting here thinking "pleeeease don't do that to us again" lol :( I'm not a huge fan of making forms for the sake of making a new form though. It's a bit annoying when most legendaries start to have alternate forms, so I'd just like them to slim it down to one or two maybe. And that's all.
I don't think we'll get many new forms in X/Y. They won't need them with all the new Pokémon coming. In the next games after though they probably will in order to add something new in them.
Old January 16th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Since I think I continued the off-topic slightly myself (my apologies for that), let me stay in that generation for a moment to bring up a cool feature there: PokéAthlon. Hurdles, epic soccer matches, and pounding of granite slabs of...granite.

Do you see something like this being a good feature in Gen. VI? Or has it lived its usefulness?

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 16th, 2013, 08:04 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
PokéAthlon would be cool, IF we played as the Pokemon. Like, control them.

There was nothing wrong with the original PokéAthlon, and I had fun playing it. However, I never used it. I DID NOT like making potions to improve my PokéAthlon performance. PokéAthlon is a MINI-Game; it should be short, skill based, fun little things.
Old January 16th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Sydian
there it is

I think the return of the Pokethlon would be nice. Out of all the side things in Pokemon games, the only ones I liked were gen III contests and Pokethlon. It was fun! I think they could improve the detection of when you're tapping your Pokemon though. Or remove the touchscreen functionality, but idk. Last time they meddled with a previous side game, it came out a mess. Super Contests, I'm looking at you.

Old January 16th, 2013, 08:37 PM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

OH, I absolutely loved the Pokeathlons. They were honestly quite fun to play and they reminded me of the Pokemon Stadium 1/2 minigames on the Nintendo 64.
Old January 16th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I kind of want the Gen III styled contests to come back. .___. I think those were the absolute best styled contests any Pokemon game could ever have.
Old January 16th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Sydian
there it is

I'd like to see them return also! I thought they were great. Simple, but great. And they worked really well. Let's just have gen III contests and Pokethlon. XD No need for new stuff, let's just have the old! lol

Old January 16th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I would like to see something completely new in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, rather than seeing a PokéAthlon or Contest. How about they introduce something like missions where Pokémon themselves get to do all sorts of actions to capture certain people or claim something very important?

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 16th, 2013, 10:42 PM
MidgetNinja156
Unhatched Egg

One awesome thing would definitely be character customisation. If they added that my head would blow up and paint the walls with brain matter because of the immense excitement!
Old January 16th, 2013, 10:51 PM
Platinum Lucario
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidgetNinja156 View Post
One awesome thing would definitely be character customisation. If they added that my head would blow up and paint the walls with brain matter because of the immense excitement!
Yeah, I was exactly thinking the same thing. xD

After when I heard about Rollerskates in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y trailer, that's when I started thinking, "oh yes, there could be customization in the game". xD

It would be nice how you could redesign your character, like you could in Pokémon Battle Revolution, that would be so cool.

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 16th, 2013, 10:59 PM
MidgetNinja156
Unhatched Egg

im pretty sure this region is going to be based on Europe. I mean, theres so many signs. In the trailer in the rollerskating scene if you look at the background you can see something that resembles the Eiffel tower. And if thats not enough last year junichi masuda made a trip to, Drumroll please, Europe! So im pretty sure it wil be based on Europe.
Old January 16th, 2013, 11:28 PM
Synerjee
A madman with a box.

*laughs at the thought of possible new brain matter wall decoration in the future* xD xD

Yeah, I would really love the idea of customizing the player. Perhaps they didn't customize the player in the trailer so as to keep it a secret and make it a surprise! Who wants a surprise spoilt by a trailer? Haha.

And also, I'm almost 100% sure the new region's going to be based in Europe. Where else has that undeniable and famous structure of the Eiffel Tower? Well..there is a likeness of it in what we call Tokyo Tower in Japan, but I doubt this gen will be set in Japan again. But again, no one really knows for sure.

pairs | twitter | showdown | lake valor | pc family
Old January 16th, 2013, 11:49 PM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Hope will never die! ~Lucina

Nature: Quiet
Hm, I'm willing to bet it's based off France. You don't coincidently have an Eiffel Tower, a French looking protagonist, and bolts coming from the French region. It wouldn't make sense if it was based anywhere else. But, still, nothing confirmed.
Old January 17th, 2013, 12:33 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zupplu View Post
Hm, I'm willing to bet it's based off France. You don't coincidently have an Eiffel Tower, a French looking protagonist, and bolts coming from the French region. It wouldn't make sense if it was based anywhere else. But, still, nothing confirmed.
I think it's based off of Europe in general, with France, or more particularly Paris (lol Paras) being one city.

Makes me think if Paras will make an appearance in these games.
Old January 17th, 2013, 12:37 AM
Platinum Lucario
Community Supporter

Yeah, I'm thinking that new region will actually be based off Paris in France in Pokémon X and Y, like how Unova was based off New York City in Pokémon Black/White.

So I'm guessing that it will be in Paris rather than the entire country of France. ;)

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links