The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 17th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Vapie
Togepi

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
Yesssss difficulty level please! It'd be great if they let us have multiple files, but that'd cut sales down so that'll never happen. I'm okay with that though.

I hated the monkeys too.... -.- And I agree with whoever said gen V handed us Pokemon we needed! Every time before we got to the new gym there just happened to be a place (cave, forest, tower, etc) that just happened to feature the type that was strong against the upcoming gym leader. Gr!
Old January 17th, 2013, 07:29 PM
MidgetNinja156
Unhatched Egg

something to support character customisation.
Pic 1: character has sunglasses.
screenshot_51424_thumb_wide930.jpg

Pic 2: No sunglasses.
dasdsa-300x184.png
Old January 17th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Well, if you look closely at the second pic, you'll see that his glasses are floating in mid air. That was a graphical error. ):

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 17th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Ω & α... Join the Bandwagon!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Well, if you look closely at the second pic, you'll see that his glasses are floating in mid air. That was a graphical error. ):
Yeah, I spotted that and thought it was hilarious that they could let something like that pass.
Old January 17th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Emrald
Togepi

Nature: Serious
I think Difficulty levels will definitly make some sort of comeback, it'd be great if I could have an even harder challenge then usual.

To comment about Character Costumization. I think the main character standing in front of the mirror at the beginning of the trailer says it all.
Old January 17th, 2013, 08:20 PM
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
I'm thinking a bit ahead, but I don't think that the third game will be Pokemon Z. That's too obvious, way too obvious. Plus, it doesn't fit in with the DNA theme that the Japanese logos suggest. The only truly obvious third game name was Pokemon Emerald, so don't expect Pokemon Z. But instead..expect Pokemon V. The legendary will be a biological virus Pokemon (and this fits in with the DNA theme since virus implant their own DNA into living organisms.) Or maybe Pokemon B, for bacteria.

I think that would be a much more interesting idea to work with than the possible (and most likely more probable) Pokemon Z.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emrald View Post
I think Difficulty levels will definitly make some sort of comeback, it'd be great if I could have an even harder challenge then usual.

To comment about Character Costumization. I think the main character standing in front of the mirror at the beginning of the trailer says it all.
And please let it be available from the start. "Oh hey, let's make difficulty levels available after you beat the game!" wut.
Old January 17th, 2013, 09:26 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landorus View Post
I'm thinking a bit ahead, but I don't think that the third game will be Pokemon Z. That's too obvious, way too obvious. Plus, it doesn't fit in with the DNA theme that the Japanese logos suggest. The only truly obvious third game name was Pokemon Emerald, so don't expect Pokemon Z. But instead..expect Pokemon V. The legendary will be a biological virus Pokemon (and this fits in with the DNA theme since virus implant their own DNA into living organisms.) Or maybe Pokemon B, for bacteria.
I won't focus on this here in this thread, but Emerald wasn't an obvious name either. There's Peridot, Opal, Topaz...Diamond and Pearl later went to Gen. IV, but they were useable...

If you want to discuss further why you make that comment, please PM me.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 17th, 2013, 09:55 PM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Ω & α... Join the Bandwagon!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Hmmm, just an idea, but Emerald may have been predictable due to the RBG colour scheme, but that's just a thought, I don't really know. Anyway, Pokemon V sounds like a cool name, Pokemon B doesn't though. A virus based Pokemon would be awesome.
Old January 17th, 2013, 10:00 PM
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zupplu View Post
Hmmm, just an idea, but Emerald may have been predictable due to the RBG colour scheme, but that's just a thought, I don't really know. Anyway, Pokemon V sounds like a cool name, Pokemon B doesn't though. A virus based Pokemon would be awesome.
I feel like if Deoxys never existed until Gen VI it would have been the perfect Pokemon for the job.

The only thing about Pokemon V is that like I said earlier, it would be based off viruses that plant their own DNA into organisms. So..I feel like if this were true, we'd see the mascot of Pokemon V combining with Xerneas and Yveltal.
Old January 17th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landorus View Post
The only thing about Pokemon V is that like I said earlier, it would be based off viruses that plant their own DNA into organisms. So..I feel like if this were true, we'd see the mascot of Pokemon V combining with Xerneas and Yveltal.
Another Kyurem+legendary fusefest type of thing. Interesting. The problem is that they used this type of thing already; I don't know if I can see them rehashing it.

On the other hand, if it was set to work with any legendary (but not normal Pokémon, including starters), that would be interesting as well. Maybe it could learn moves through fusing with the legendary and then unfuse and still know the move?

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 17th, 2013, 10:48 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I can't see them doing the exact same thing as last time. It'd be disappointing if they did.
Old January 17th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emrald View Post
I think so too....after seeing that if Character Customization isn't in the game then Game Freak is trolling us.

If there isn't customization in the game they should have realized putting the character in such a position would cause confusion.
Old January 17th, 2013, 10:55 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
I think so too....after seeing that if Character Customization isn't in the game then Game Freak is trolling us.

If there isn't customization in the game they should have realized putting the character in such a position would cause confusion.
I think it just looks like a scene from the beginning of the game just before you leave your house.
Old January 17th, 2013, 10:58 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Alright, I might as well say my full opinion on it(if I haven't already, I don't necessarily remember):

I really doubt that character customization are going to be a part of these games D: It seems...like a "too good to be true" kind of thing, yeah? It would be awesome but...what exactly are we limited to as far as customization goes? Like, is it just clothing, or maybe the hat, and is it possible to attain more clothing/accessories?

The more I think about it, the more I don't really believe it's possible, but there's no harm in hoping for it. XD
Old January 17th, 2013, 11:10 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Alright, I might as well say my full opinion on it(if I haven't already, I don't necessarily remember):

I really doubt that character customization are going to be a part of these games D: It seems...like a "too good to be true" kind of thing, yeah? It would be awesome but...what exactly are we limited to as far as customization goes? Like, is it just clothing, or maybe the hat, and is it possible to attain more clothing/accessories?

The more I think about it, the more I don't really believe it's possible, but there's no harm in hoping for it. XD
Well they had it in Battle Revolution, but I'm not hopeful for it either.
Old January 17th, 2013, 11:18 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post

Maybe like a Mii-hat thing, where you can put like clothes and crazy accessories on the character as you go along the story and stuff, but the main features of the body frame is kept the same (eg no big muscles or long arms).

That's more likely imo :)

Old January 17th, 2013, 11:25 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
Maybe like a Mii-hat thing, where you can put like clothes and crazy accessories on the character as you go along the story and stuff, but the main features of the body frame is kept the same (eg no big muscles or long arms).

That's more likely imo :)
They might just make it for when you connect with other people so you look different.
Old January 17th, 2013, 11:31 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
They might just make it for when you connect with other people so you look different.
And don't forget, for personal swag also.

Old January 18th, 2013, 02:19 AM
Casey16
Unhatched Egg

I want new eeve lutions, a dragon, fighting or ghost type.
Old January 18th, 2013, 02:30 AM
Forever
let it go

Y'know, what if one of the most wanted types, like you mentioned and uhh Ground were actually dual-types for a special Eeveelution? I have a feeling I'd like something like that, which'd make it mark the new generation of Eeveelutions, with the fact that it's specially dual-typed! Or what if the other Eeveelutions could get dual types in this generation too? That'd be p awesome imo (like Rotom!!)
Old January 18th, 2013, 02:41 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Y'know, what if one of the most wanted types, like you mentioned and uhh Ground were actually dual-types for a special Eeveelution? I have a feeling I'd like something like that, which'd make it mark the new generation of Eeveelutions, with the fact that it's specially dual-typed! Or what if the other Eeveelutions could get dual types in this generation too? That'd be p awesome imo (like Rotom!!)
No, don't change Vaporeon, it's perfect as is. (Unless you want to expand its movepool ;)

I think Steel, Rock and Poison Eeveelutions woukd be easiest to create in this gen.
Old January 18th, 2013, 02:49 AM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Nature: Modest
I would be on board for a poison Eveelution, I've always wanted an excuse to throw a pure poison poke on my team, and that would be the thing to do it.
Old January 18th, 2013, 02:58 AM
Forever
let it go

@ Vapor: But then Vaporeon can be Water/Ice aka stronggg, while Flareon could benefit from something making it less rock weak, like Fighting/Fire. and Jolteon can have... something... awesome! And Umbreon can be part Steel to make it really defensive, and Espeon can be part Grass cause light and I associate grass with light/Psychic.
Old January 18th, 2013, 03:09 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
@ Vapor: But then Vaporeon can be Water/Ice aka stronggg, while Flareon could benefit from something making it less rock weak, like Fighting/Fire. and Jolteon can have... something... awesome! And Umbreon can be part Steel to make it really defensive, and Espeon can be part Grass cause light and I associate grass with light/Psychic.
I don't want Vaporeon to be weak to Stealth Rock though...

I don't think they're going to change any more Pokémon's official typings anymore. I'd just confuse everyone.
Old January 18th, 2013, 03:11 AM
Forever
let it go

Who knows! They're capable of anything really, and changing up the typings could give us some new variety and change current tierings and stuff a bit, which could make for interesting metagames in NU/UU/OU (which is what they're all in now that is!)

Sponsored Links

Advertise here