Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread

Old January 19th, 2013 (05:04 AM).
nightlight
Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
I can just go to the Gamestop right across the street from where I live if I needed to buy any Pokemon games~! I don't think Pokemon is a hugely popular thing where I live, so it's unlikely that it'll be sold out by the time I get there. ._.
go ahead. fly. take flight. no one can tell you otherwise, right?
VMPMAMA
Old January 19th, 2013 (05:17 AM).
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Twilight Sky:
I can just go to the Gamestop right across the street from where I live if I needed to buy any Pokemon games~! I don't think Pokemon is a hugely popular thing where I live, so it's unlikely that it'll be sold out by the time I get there. ._.
Yeah pokemon isn't hugely popular in my area too~ If anything, I plan to pre-order it in advance~!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 19th, 2013 (05:20 AM).
Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Bold
I have soometing to say:
1:Giving Eeveelutions dual tipes would ruin the unique types of them(ex:why would they place
vaporeon dual water-ice if glaceon exists?why would espeon would have Psycic-grass if
Leafeon exists?)
2: I hope nintendo dosen't ruin dis thing.......

Pokemaster's firered nuzloke adventures:http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Forum/topic/8784761/1/
Old January 19th, 2013 (05:26 AM).

I hope they add ALOT of content to x and y compared to most of the previous games, why?
Because when I go back to the previous games (for nostalgia sake) I see that almost all
off them where completed under 48 hours. I did notice that my favorite games where the ones with over 48 hours.
Old January 19th, 2013 (05:33 AM).
nightlight
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by HRforges:
I hope they add ALOT of content to x and y compared to most of the previous games, why?
Because when I go back to the previous games (for nostalgia sake) I see that almost all
off them where completed under 48 hours. I did notice that my favorite games where the ones with over 48 hours.
While it's not difficult to believe that they would add more content to the games, what I do find hard to believe is if they make this game hours and hours long. What I mean by that is, if you're referencing completing the main storyline/beating the gym leaders/beating the E4, depending on how much free time you have, you could normally complete that main part within a relatively short period of time. If you're referencing to the post game, then I could find that more believable than just adding more things to do within the main game, since post-game material(for me, at least) really tells you whether that time spent grinding and beating evil villains was really worth it, if there's some sort of greater challenge somewhere, that kind of stuff~
VMPMAMA
Old January 19th, 2013 (06:09 AM).
Eye of the Storm

Quote originally posted by PokémonShinySilver:
I kind of wonder if there will be a huge celebration in the United States about Pokémon X and Y by the time the game is launched over there? 'Cause I remember there was one for Pokémon Diamond Version and Pokémon Pearl Version, and I watched it live on Pokémon.com and I had to stay up at 4am in the morning in order to watch it, due to timezone differences. xD

Ah, those were the good memories of '07.
Insomnia?

Me, I'm pre-ordering my pre-ordering (because it sounds cool), but I'll probably just get the game whenever I get it in-store and not pre-order it.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 19th, 2013 (06:38 AM).
nightlight
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by Pokemaster234:
2: I hope nintendo dosen't ruin dis thing.......
From what we've seen so far, this game seems pretty pleasing~! Of course, it might be way too early to say, but I don't think they would necessarily "ruin" it, or anything like that. D:
VMPMAMA
Old January 19th, 2013 (06:50 AM).
I fell down some stairs

Yeah, there's no way Nintendo would ruin this game. Pokemon has always been THE killer app for their handhelds, and they're seemingly ignoring the Wii U for the 3DS this year. If anything, they're gonna promote and market this game as much as they can.

I hope Fire Emblem 13 doesn't get ignored eventually.

EDIT: Nintendo should teach game freak how to utilize the 3DS, though. Seriously.
Old January 19th, 2013 (07:02 AM).
Nature/Egg Move/IV Breeder

Nature: Timid
I have to say, I really like the grass type starter for Gen 6 more than the others. Also, does anyone else except for me think that Pokemon X legendary (Xerneas?) looks like the Forest Spirit from Princess Mononoke?
Old January 19th, 2013 (07:29 AM). Edited January 19th, 2013 by HRforges.

While it's not difficult to believe that they would add more content to the games, what I do find hard to believe is if they make this game hours and hours long. What I mean by that is, if you're referencing completing the main storyline/beating the gym leaders/beating the E4, depending on how much free time you have, you could normally complete that main part within a relatively short period of time. If you're referencing to the post game, then I could find that more believable than just adding more things to do within the main game, since post-game material(for me, at least) really tells you whether that time spent grinding and beating evil villains was really worth it, if there's some sort of greater challenge somewhere, that kind of stuff~
I was referring to everything (including post-game). I think game freak really dropped the ball on post-game stuff when they got to gen 5, what I mean by that is, for the previous 2 gens there was the battle frontier/battle tower which wouldn't be a couple extra hours of play it would be months maybe years. In black and white 2 the only post game feature that was interesting was the game mode key or whatever it was called, but to be hones that feature should have been implemented in some way from the start.
Old January 19th, 2013 (07:43 AM).
let it go
Battle Server
BS
CS

Quote originally posted by PokémonShinySilver:
I kind of wonder if there will be a huge celebration in the United States about Pokémon X and Y by the time the game is launched over there? 'Cause I remember there was one for Pokémon Diamond Version and Pokémon Pearl Version, and I watched it live on Pokémon.com and I had to stay up at 4am in the morning in order to watch it, due to timezone differences. xD

Ah, those were the good memories of '07. ^^
Black and White had... celebrations. I mean Macy's parade had Reshiram/Zekrom (iirc) although that was later and there was a NY launch event allowing people to get the games early. Sooo DPPt weren't the only ones!

With that in mind, yeah I think something big will go on for the revolutionary 3DS Pokemon main series titles given it's been happening in the past sooo.
Old January 19th, 2013 (08:12 AM).
I fell down some stairs

Sorry for asking but how is this game revolutionary? It looks like your every day Pokemon game, except in disappointing, if I may add, 3D.

There's gonna be an event because Pokemon is big enough for one.
Old January 19th, 2013 (08:17 AM).
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Makes me wonder what kinds of launch promotions they will bring with these games upon release~
A 3DS bundle? Extra plushies? Maybe a stylus/poster?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 19th, 2013 (08:20 AM).
I fell down some stairs

3DS bundle is a given. As a matter of fact, if Fire Embelm is getting a limited edition 3DS, then Pokemon X/Y definitely will. (Though, there are already two limited edition Pokemon 3DS XL. Though, only one got out of japan.)

It's the best way after all.
Old January 19th, 2013 (08:47 AM).
Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Bold
From what we've seen so far, this game seems pretty pleasing~! Of course, it might be way too early to say, but I don't think they would necessarily "ruin" it, or anything like that. D:
I know,I was just Kidding.I will buy this game.CUZ POKEMON IS AWESOME!!!!

Pokemaster's firered nuzloke adventures:http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Forum/topic/8784761/1/
Old January 19th, 2013 (08:55 AM).
Goin' Bananas
Super Moderator
CS

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Sorry for asking but how is this game revolutionary? It looks like your every day Pokemon game, except in disappointing, if I may add, 3D.
I think this is part of why the graphics will be hard to adjust to. Not that I think they look bad (I don't know, I'm not too critical on graphics really, as long as I can enjoy the game I don't much care), but they are much more different than previous games. I think that's why people are making it out to be so revolutionary.

I myself am just more interested in the Pokemon when a new generation comes out. I never really fawned over graphics the last three gens when we got screenshots. So I'm kind of useless to answer your question, lol. I usually leave my graphics comments for when something either impresses me or it looks so bad that something has to be said. Otherwise, I'm pretty oblivious to the graphics thing.

hobbies include playin' terits and huggin' diddy kong
Old January 19th, 2013 (12:07 PM).
My life would suck without you
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I still think it is too early to judge the graphics. We have only seen one trailer after all. They better fix that running though.
Old January 19th, 2013 (12:12 PM).
Run! Run for it!
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
They're only going to improve from here on out, even now I'm already happy with them.
Old January 19th, 2013 (12:35 PM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
They're only going to improve from here on out, even now I'm already happy with them.
That is very true, I mean look at a beta form of Castelia City and how much it changed. So X/Y will probably change heaps too.
Old January 19th, 2013 (01:20 PM).
Run! Run for it!
Platinum Tier

Looking at them together, I didn't realize there were so many changes in-game compared to the trailer.

The second image is much more detailed with the buildings, Pokemon Center etc so it just supports the idea of graphics improving for X & Y compared to what they are at currently.
Old January 19th, 2013 (02:46 PM).

I literally have been waiting for a 3D Pokemon game to come out ever since I played Coliseum and XD. I loved those two games, but they didn't have any gyms, and you couldn't really catch Pokemon normally. Sure, you stole the shadow Pokemon, and in XD you laid bait, but come on. That's quite different from catching wild Pokemon.

When I saw this trailer, I FLIPPED OUT. I was so happy! I've been waiting YEARS for a 3D Pokemon game with a regular gameplay style to come out, and now it's finally been announced! To me, the 2D sprites were fine, but it just wasn't at all satisfying to battle anyone. In Coliseum and XD, you felt like a total badass when you were firing your beams and charging up to the enemy and attacking them. Battle Revolution was pretty darn awesome too with the whole battle system. 3D battling is a MILLION times more engaging.
Old January 19th, 2013 (02:47 PM). Edited January 19th, 2013 by Spinosaurus.
I fell down some stairs

I've said this in the graphics thread, but all they did was add details that should have been there in the first place. It still looks really bad.

If you want a good example of an improvement, then mention Luigi's Mansion 2, which is from the same system. Though, all they did was up the framerate and polished the graphics, and it took them a year. It was at least good looking when it was first announced, it was just the framerate, and this is from a developer where visuals and artstyle are a strength of theirs. X/Y has both bad framerate and ugly visuals, and given that it's Game Freak I have big doubts it's gonna be a major improvement if not very small ones come release. I'm setting my expectations fairly low.

EDIT: Also, one thing about 3D is that it's gonna make the battle soooo slow. >_> I've always been a guy who prefers 2D, because it's always timeless, as opposed to 3D being a hit or miss and getting eventually outdated. (and in this case, a miss.)
Old January 19th, 2013 (02:53 PM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Spinosaurus:
I've said this in the graphics thread, but all they did was add details that should have been there in the first place. It still looks really bad.

If you want a good example of an improvement, then mention Luigi's Mansion 2, which is from the same system. Though, all they did was up the framerate and polished the graphics, and it took them a year. It was at least good looking when it was first announced, it was just the framerate, and this is from a developer where visuals and artstyle are a strength of theirs. X/Y has both bad framerate and ugly visuals, and given that it's Game Freak I have big doubts it's gonna be a major improvement if not very small ones come release. I'm setting my expectations fairly low.

EDIT: Also, one thing about 3D is that it's gonna make the battle soooo slow. >_> I've always been a guy who prefers 2D, because it's always timeless, as opposed to 3D being a hit or miss. (and in this case, a miss.)
Well, if you have low expectations, I guess that at least leaves plenty of room for amazement if the do pull it off.
Old January 19th, 2013 (02:58 PM).
I fell down some stairs

Yeah, but I REALLY doubt it. Game freak never ever utilized a system's capabilities to it's best/fullest, and that's why I'm not expecting anything.

To be honest, I'm gonna end up getting Dragon Quest 7 3DS instead anyway...if it gets localized. At least that one looks charming. I'm gonna watch my brother play X/Y. (it's what I did for B/W2 and thank god for that because from what I saw it's really lackluster.)
Old January 19th, 2013 (03:06 PM). Edited January 19th, 2013 by Blue.
Run! Run for it!
Platinum Tier

It's a matter of opinion... I think the graphics looks fine as they are, it's certainly an improvement from B2W2's graphics.

Maybe I'm just saying that because I haven't really had much experience with graphics on the Nintendo 3DS but either way I think they've pulled it off and can potentially improve.

Btw, Pokemon Smash just finished airing and they had a teaser for the episode next week in which someone was shaded out with a "?" who was dressed up as something. The person shaded out was previously dressed up as a couple of the eeveelutions... Not sure if it's anything relevant but by next week I think we will be overdue for some more news.

Sponsored Links