The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 19th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I sincerely hope something new is shared with us soon. I'm getting a little antsy in anticipation waiting for whatever is to come next.

It wouldn't surprise me if it's the reveal of the highly speculated new Eeveelution. Speculation for that has been going on for quite some time now ever since Eevee and its evolutions have all been so frequently promoted as of late. However, the silhouette being in the form of a person and not that of a Pokémon does make me doubt myself on it being a Pokémon reveal.

Last edited by Guy; January 19th, 2013 at 05:00 PM.
Old January 19th, 2013, 04:44 PM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
Oh man, getting hyped. I really do hope we get new eeveelutions. I don't use them often but when I do I have a fun time in-game.
Old January 19th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Hope will never die! ~Lucina

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinosaurus View Post
Yeah, but I REALLY doubt it. Game freak never ever utilized a system's capabilities to it's best/fullest, and that's why I'm not expecting anything.

To be honest, I'm gonna end up getting Dragon Quest 7 3DS instead anyway...if it gets localized. At least that one looks charming. I'm gonna watch my brother play X/Y. (it's what I did for B/W2 and thank god for that because from what I saw it's really lackluster.)
Argh, so much hate in this post. Gamefreak utilized the DS's capabilities to the maximum in fifth gen, that's what the DS could achieve. So pretty much your first statement is redundant. You can't expect that Gamefreak is going to come out first try with out of the ball park graphics, but look how much 5th gen has improved of 4th gen, graphics wise. And by the way, BW2 was no where near lacklustre, read the reviews. 9.6 on IGN means it's good, not bad.
Old January 19th, 2013, 05:01 PM
.EJ
Arrow<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinosaurus View Post
Yeah, but I REALLY doubt it. Game freak never ever utilized a system's capabilities to it's best/fullest, and that's why I'm not expecting anything.

To be honest, I'm gonna end up getting Dragon Quest 7 3DS instead anyway...if it gets localized. At least that one looks charming. I'm gonna watch my brother play X/Y. (it's what I did for B/W2 and thank god for that because from what I saw it's really lackluster.)
You are aware the games come out in 9 months yea? Meaning what we saw isn't final hence the point of this thread i.e. we are all speculating including you.

While you may have been disappointed watching Black/White 2, which were actual improvements over Black/white, I don't understand why be this abysmal over an unreleased game that most people agree looks pretty good in its unfinished state.
Old January 19th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Hey, he has his own opinion. I can respect that.

Anyways, I do hope it's a new Eeveelution too. Or just something new in general - I've really want more info about these games. ;____;

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 19th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Hope will never die! ~Lucina

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Hey, he has his own opinion. I can respect that.

Anyways, I do hope it's a new Eeveelution too. Or just something new in general - I've really want more info about these games. ;____;
Yeah, we need more information. We've pretty much speculated about everything we already know, so we need some new information to keep us going and excited! n_n
Old January 19th, 2013, 05:16 PM
.EJ
Arrow<3

Yea, I'm all for having opinions but when they're based on unfinished content--there's no point but ah well I digress...

I really would love some new information.
Old January 19th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I want to say this reveal might be a new eeveelution but...the problem being that, what would it be? o_O I mean, I wouldn't be used to something like a Ghost-type eeveelution or something out of the ordinary like that...but that's just me. .__. I don't think every single type needs an eeveelution for it, soo...
Old January 19th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
A Ghost type Eeveelution would fit in with the Espeon/Umbreon click so it seems pretty plausible. If not a Ghost then I'd love a Flying type.

Team αlpha
Old January 19th, 2013, 05:22 PM
.EJ
Arrow<3

I could see that happening but then we also have the theory that it should be Dragon type next due to it being the last "Special" based type without an eeveelution right?
Old January 19th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Suggested name for possible Eeveelution: Wispeon (Ghost-type).

Hmm. We could have a whole thread complete with fanart about this in General.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 19th, 2013, 06:01 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Suggested name for possible Eeveelution: Wispeon (Ghost-type).

Hmm. We could have a whole thread complete with fanart about this in General.

Cyclone
I don't mind it, it does sound close to Espeon though.
Old January 19th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Ghouleon, Spookeon, Phanteon idk.. I'm sure they'll come up with something creative.

Team αlpha
Old January 19th, 2013, 06:27 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
Ghouleon, Spookeon, Phanteon idk.. I'm sure they'll come up with something creative.
Maybe Specteon, Shadeon, etc.

Really just any synonym for ghost with 'eon' tacked on the end.
Old January 19th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Well is it is ghost, then yeah, I imagine that it''ll start with something that represents ghost-like qualities, or something that describes a ghost~

Like Specture, or Spooky, or whatever!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old January 19th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

No dragon-type eeveelutions, that would be ridiculous. D: It's hard to imagine that anyway, but that can go for just about any type that Eevee doesn't evolve into already...

I'm thinking the most plausible would be a Ghost-type, if not maybe a Fighting-type one? I see fighting as quite likely...
Old January 19th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

I'm hoping for a Ground-type Eeveelution tbh. I dunno, it sort of fits on the Eeveeultion-natural elements theme.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old January 19th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Ground-type sounds pretty plausible, too! Weak to both Glaceon and Vaporeon, Strong against Jolteon and Flareon, neutral against the rest~! Though I'm really hoping it won't take the turn of most rock/ground types and be really slow. ._.
Old January 19th, 2013, 06:55 PM
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
I sincerely hope something new is shared with us soon. I'm getting a little antsy in anticipation waiting for whatever is to come next.
As am I, but I don't know why. I don't remember being half as excited about Gen V but here I am getting depressed about how slow the info is coming out for VI. I feel as if the info release for B/W was much more gradual than the "short burst followed by nothing" we have for this, but I am probably incorrectly remembering.

Re: the Eevee chat, I'm still waiting on Toxeon. Above any other type I want a poison Eevee.
Old January 19th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

The only way I could see a poison-type eeveelution happening is if they expand upon the offensive abilities of the poison-type. u__u Which might happen this generation, but sadly it's unlikely. It's kind of sad because I kind of like the poison-type too, and want to see it have a chance to thrive.

Here's to hoping Gen VI gives it the boost it needs, maybe~
Old January 19th, 2013, 07:09 PM
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Well for me a lot of the weaknesses the type has can be quite easily glossed over by the creation of a poison-type weather. But that's quite a common idea when discussing helping the type. If Toxeon was a physical equivalent to Espeon and could induce a hypothetical poison-type weather, it could be quite the beast. Or they could make it Umbreon with swapped defensive stats, but that would be far less fun.
Old January 19th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Except poison-type weather would be a huge double-edged sword, at least how I imagine it. Would it operate like any other weather, hitting for a certain number of damage each turn, or would it poison your opponent's Pokemon? I can see it working out like the former, and having only poison-types immune to it, but the latter seems like it could definitely backlash a lot. x_x;
Old January 19th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
I'm thinking the most plausible would be a Ghost-type, if not maybe a Fighting-type one? I see fighting as quite likely...
IN THIS CORNER...weighing 300 pounds and current Eeveeweight champion...here is KABLAMEON!

(Hm, maybe not...)

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 19th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Except poison-type weather would be a huge double-edged sword, at least how I imagine it. Would it operate like any other weather, hitting for a certain number of damage each turn, or would it poison your opponent's Pokemon? I can see it working out like the former, and having only poison-types immune to it, but the latter seems like it could definitely backlash a lot. x_x;
It can be, but look at the potential positives! Maybe it can be like... acid rain, where it can function like hail/sandstorm with poison and steel types being the only one who resists it. Same goes if it poisons pokemon.

It can have a lot of viable properties like counter-stalling, or poison sweeping, etc. Well, yeah, it might be a little tough to use in practice, but it can be good!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old January 19th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
IN THIS CORNER...weighing 300 pounds and current Eeveeweight champion...here is KABLAMEON!

(Hm, maybe not...)

Cyclone
You know one of them is going to know Close Combat eventually. XD
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links