The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 20th, 2013, 03:07 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sρεcтяα View Post
It's improbable, but I'd like to see a more strategic use of weather, in terms of field alteration, or even just aesthetics. Say, using Rain Dance immediately after Sandstorm to turn the field to mud, which would benefit Water and Ground types and slow everything else down. Or using Sunny Day after Rain Dance to create a rainbow. It'd just be nice if there was actually a sign on the battlefield that there had actually BEEN a weather anomaly, rather than just the same standard background for that area.
That's pretty much Water Pledge, Fire Pledge and Grass Pledge. xD
Old January 20th, 2013, 03:50 PM
SpitfireYoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sρεcтяα View Post
It's improbable, but I'd like to see a more strategic use of weather, in terms of field alteration, or even just aesthetics. Say, using Rain Dance immediately after Sandstorm to turn the field to mud, which would benefit Water and Ground types and slow everything else down. Or using Sunny Day after Rain Dance to create a rainbow. It'd just be nice if there was actually a sign on the battlefield that there had actually BEEN a weather anomaly, rather than just the same standard background for that area.

Taking that one step further in terms of aesthetics, I'd quite like to see some damage done to the surrounding area to reflect attacks, as well. Say something uses Flamethrower and misses...have it blast a nearby tree. Something uses Explosion and leaves a giant hole in the ground. It'd just be entertaining to see, and make battles more involving.
Last Idea would be nice. I would like to see what happens when someone misses Judgment Day....
Old January 20th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Kaisersaur
Ranger

Nature: Calm
I personally would focus more into making every pokemon playable (competitively speaking), like giving a base stats weak pokemon an awesome movepool or ability which can explode an attribute instead of just making us think "Why the hell did they even bother?" or "It looks cool but I can't use it".
Moves effects, game specs and aesthetics are things that are constantly changing through generations, I would like for them to try better on balancing the metagame so people can stop defining "tiers" and use whatever pokemon they think works better for them. That would open the options vastly and we would stop having battles with the same old teams and strategies.

One other thing I'd like is for them to make the main character a little more customizable. Because to tell you the truth, as an older player I get kind of bored seeing the same old "cool" 11 years old kid. Cruising the region as a roughneck or an ace trainer would be totally awesome. Maybe they would have to create individual scenarios in the beginning of the game but COME ON! they have more than enough resources using the nintendo 3ds processing capabilities.

That's just how I see it.

Pokemon X FC: 3995 - 6607 - 6356

Last edited by Kaisersaur; January 20th, 2013 at 06:58 PM. Reason: spelling
Old January 20th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisersaur View Post
I personally would focus more into making every pokemon playable (competitively speaking), like giving a base stats weak pokemon an awesome movepool or ability which can explode an attribute instead of just making us think "Why the hell did they even bother?" or "It looks cool but I can't use it".
Moves effects, game specs and aesthetics are things that are constantly changing through generations, I would like for them to try better on balancing the metagame so people can stop defining "tiers" and use whatever pokemon they think works better for them. That would open the options vastly and we would stop having battles with the same old teams and strategies.

One other thing I'd like is for them to make the main character a little more customizable. Because to tell you the truth, as an older player I get kind of bored seeing the same old "cool" 11 years old kid. Cruising the region as a roughneck or an ace trainer would be totally awesome. Maybe they would have to create individual scenarios in the beginning of the game but COME ON! they have more than enough resources using the nintendo 3ds processing capabilities.

That's just how I see it.
Well, some pokemon, competitively speaking, have the title of "jack-of-all-trades but master of none" like Wigglytuff, Dusknoir, etc, etc. And since well, they've gotten their dream world abilities already, so It'd be kind of tough for them to have another alternative ability to work with. But yeah, in the competitive aspect, I would like to see more of a balance used, like maybe, having more move tutors that give moves like Flare Blitz or Dragon Dance, but it's just, at this point, I'd say GF will be more focused at the newer pokemon, so there's going to be most likely balance from that.

Yeah, It'd be cool if the character was customizable; a lot of people have been speculating and hoping that as well~!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 20th, 2013, 07:40 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

The thing that would make character customization interesting is whether you buy items the same way as your Pokémon items. Do you spend on you...or on your battling partner?

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 20th, 2013, 07:47 PM
HRforges
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
The thing that would make character customization interesting is whether you buy items the same way as your Pokémon items. Do you spend on you...or on your battling partner?

Cyclone
Now that my friend, is the real question.
I personally would balance it out although I don't really buy many items for my pokes anyway since I usually train my pokes enough, so that I usually don't need to visit a pokecenter until near end of the route/cave
Old January 20th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Autumn Reverie
The world bores you when you're cool.

Nature: Modest
Perhaps the first customization you get to do will be free at the beginning of the game. Later on, I'm guessing there might be a shop where you can purchase more trainer type costumes at a price. Perhaps with different costumes, there might be different things unlocked specifically for that trainer type.
Old January 20th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
If we get trainer customization, then I can imagine there being a shop to purchase certain clothes or accessories, but also finding and unlocking little pieces along the way as well as receiving them as gifts from NPC's. The department store would be another great place to shop for new clothes and accessories too. There's also talk about using the pedometer on the 3DS to buy new outfits and accessories with Play Coins.

The only question is, are they actually going to go that far with this sort of feature, if it's even there to begin with? They can very well just allow us to choose our character design at the very start of the game and leave it at that. That's not out of the realm of possibility as great as an idea this is and as much as you could do with it.

Frankly, I'd be a little disappointed if they didn't try and go all out with it though.
Old January 20th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Kaisersaur
Ranger

I think the whole 3DS Spotpass and Streetpass will open a whole new lot of features. Maybe even for surprise trades, like leaving a pokemon to be traded not knowing what you'll receive after a streetpass, or receiving the mystery gifts or events directly from spotpass.

As I mentioned earlier, they have all they need to make a game worthy of praise and to change the general opinion of them running out of ideas for the design of pokemon or new features.

Black 2 and White 2 have left a pretty good taste (for me) and I would hate for them to screw up these games and then come out with Pokemon Z "fixing" the things they didn't deliver.

Pokemon X FC: 3995 - 6607 - 6356
Old January 20th, 2013, 08:48 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I'd love to see trainer customisation. I've wanted it ever since I played Pokémon Prism and you could in that. Hopefully it'll be more detailed.
Old January 20th, 2013, 08:50 PM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
We have to keep in mind however that it's impossible to balance a metagame full of 600+ creatures. While it would be nice to see some balancing; it just can't be done.
Old January 20th, 2013, 10:19 PM
Vulpix:3
Unhatched Egg

I am really disappointed in whoever creates/designs the new pokemon generations... Seriously what was up with some of the Black and White version pokemon?!
"Throh" for example... Its literally a rock karate person called throw.. or "Vanillite" Why would a pokemon be shaped like a human's food? That's just ridiculous and so is its uncreative name. "Klink" is another one, its a bunch of nuts (or whatever they are), another man-made object and it evolves and just gains more nuts?! Vanillite is the same is becomes an ice cream in a cone, then a double scoop ice cream... I just think that the creation of these pokemon was just lazy. (There are more but there is just too many..)

Anyway, I'm really hoping that the Pokemon in X and Y aren't as slack as some of the previous gen's. I mean there was some really good, cool new pokemon in the Unova region, Snivy for example was awesome, but some were just really disappointing.

After viewing the trailer for the new game I was annoyed that we didn't get to see the girl sprite very well. The whole trailer practically just followed the male character...

Also the starters.... The only decent starter is Fennekin. Chespin looks waaaay to much like a brown Oshawott in a hat.. and Froakie looks like a character out of a little kid's cartoon. Actually they all look a lot like little cute kiddie characters. I hope all of the new gen don't follow in suit.

The new legendaries though look amazing and I'm really glad they've worked on the battle scenes! It looks like now when a pokemon is attacked it actually looks like its been attacked. The battles look a lot more immersive.

I think it would be really cool if you were able to see/catch/battle pokemon from all the different gens in this game along with the new gen. Maybe if the different regions were open to you or if there were some just spread out in the wild, different pokemon from different gens available in different areas of the map.

Anyway .. That's my thoughts.......
Old January 21st, 2013, 02:22 AM
Seki
You idiot!

Nature: Jolly
I remembered I said that there's going to be a new 3D overworld soon to complement with the 3DS's 3D graphics when a guy posted this video on the forums. And now... it really happened. Nevertheless, I don't really like the overworld from the looks of it, but might like it if they still continue to work on it.

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old January 21st, 2013, 02:26 AM
Casey16
Unhatched Egg

I can wait for this game, im so keen.
Old January 21st, 2013, 07:41 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by .EJ View Post
We have to keep in mind however that it's impossible to balance a metagame full of 600+ creatures. While it would be nice to see some balancing; it just can't be done.
It can be done with the help of tiers and banning :3 I mean some metagames are p balanced now (or at least NU -mostly- was, before a few Pokemon left), and hopefully in this upcoming generation everything is still just as balanced! If not... THEN YAY BANS.
Old January 21st, 2013, 07:46 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Speaking of competitiveness, what about this:

http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/blog/dir_english/?p=561

Quote:
A new battle mechanism that allows your Pokémon to become even more powerful
when the bonds you share grow stronger.
This was confirmed to be a new battle mechanic... technically. Its probably not going to change competitive play (provided every pokemon is capable of the same bonuses), but it will make going through the storyline even easier than it already is. Maybe not?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old January 21st, 2013, 07:52 AM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulpix:3 View Post
I am really disappointed in whoever creates/designs the new pokemon generations... Seriously what was up with some of the Black and White version pokemon?!
"Throh" for example... Its literally a rock karate person called throw.. or "Vanillite" Why would a pokemon be shaped like a human's food? That's just ridiculous and so is its uncreative name. "Klink" is another one, its a bunch of nuts (or whatever they are), another man-made object and it evolves and just gains more nuts?! Vanillite is the same is becomes an ice cream in a cone, then a double scoop ice cream... I just think that the creation of these pokemon was just lazy. (There are more but there is just too many..)
If you have that much of a problem with Vanillite or anything in its evolutionary chain, go find James Turner and gripe at him. He designed it to be based on a Casteliacone - which is a new item in B/W.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 21st, 2013, 07:56 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Agreeing with Shivi. I'm pretty sure I made a post on this before, but I'm just somewhat doubtful that they would go so far as to include so many customizations within character, like customizing something like hair color, clothing, things of that nature. I'm guessing if they wanted us to customize our character, we wouldn't be given default heros, probably. :x
Old January 21st, 2013, 08:42 AM
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulpix:3 View Post
I am , in no way, trying to start a Gen fight but every Generation has "those" kinds of Pokemon. Magnemite just gains Extra heads. Muk/Voltorb/Electrode/magnemite/Exeggcute/ditto all fall in the same category as those you mentioned above. And if you want to talk about Uncreative pokemon names, look at the Japanese names of First Gen pokemon. Youll be amazed.

All I am saying is that There is nothing wrong with the new Gen pokemon's designs. Every Gen has pokemons people don't like.
Old January 21st, 2013, 10:05 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

It'll be interesting to see what other new Pokémon there will be in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y apart from the starters and the main legendaries.

It'll be interesting to see if there will be character customization in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y like there was in Pokémon Battle Revolution. Knowing that we've seen something in the trailer that seems like there'll be character customization, especially with the rollerskates.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 21st, 2013, 10:23 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

I'm starting to doubt we will have customation. Also the rollerskates could simply be the new running shoes, we have yet to have real proof.

Anywho do any of you think we'll get a demo version of X and Y down the road?

ORAS have been confirmed Remakes by Nintendo, they aren't Sequels so let go of that idea people.
Old January 21st, 2013, 10:27 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I'm starting to doubt we will have customation. Also the rollerskates could simply be the new running shoes, we have yet to have real proof.

Anywho do any of you think we'll get a demo version of X and Y down the road?
It definitely looks like he's skating down the street and if you listen closely you can hear the sound of roller skates.

We could get a couple of demos here and there a couple of weeks prior to the release date, they did it with HGSS so it's possible.

Old January 21st, 2013, 10:38 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I'd love a demo version~! For me, it's really hard to get a true grasp of the experience of the game unless you play a small part of it yourself and see what you really think of it!
Old January 21st, 2013, 10:40 AM
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
Pokémon Battle Revolution.
Unrelated to your actual point and not even X/Y chat technically (though I guess this is the general Gen VI forum right now?) but you reminded me that we didn't get a console game last gen. Do we reckon there's a chance we will get one this time? PBR was obviously rather disappointing but I love seeing everything on my TV. I just hope it's not Wii U exclusive as I don't have any intention of buying that any time soon.
Old January 21st, 2013, 12:26 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by François View Post
Unrelated to your actual point and not even X/Y chat technically (though I guess this is the general Gen VI forum right now?) but you reminded me that we didn't get a console game last gen. Do we reckon there's a chance we will get one this time? PBR was obviously rather disappointing but I love seeing everything on my TV. I just hope it's not Wii U exclusive as I don't have any intention of buying that any time soon.
I think it'll be most likely Wii U exclusive. Unless any other companies that have a HD console like Sony or Microsoft makes a deal with Nintendo and Game Freak to license pokemon, which I highly doubt. :(

As for a console game, who knows - when it comes to pokemon, they've planned to prioritize the handheld systems before jumping on to the consoles, and with the 3Ds's technology, they can potentially make games that you see on the gamecube, right on the handheld system. So, the jury is still out on that one.

It'd be nice to see a pokemon console game, I agree. We haven't had one in a while~ maybe one based off of X&Y?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie

Last edited by Miss Doronjo; January 21st, 2013 at 12:37 PM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links