Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 21st, 2013, 12:33 PM
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Lonely

Advertise here
Yea i'd like another console game. Buuut i'd like it to have a more change of pace than the main series games. Possibly new in-game features and things to do, idk. Anything you guys would like to see in a gen VI console game?
Zi-Zi's Journey - Lindsey Stirling
Old January 21st, 2013, 12:36 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by François View Post
Unrelated to your actual point and not even X/Y chat technically (though I guess this is the general Gen VI forum right now?) but you reminded me that we didn't get a console game last gen. Do we reckon there's a chance we will get one this time? PBR was obviously rather disappointing but I love seeing everything on my TV. I just hope it's not Wii U exclusive as I don't have any intention of buying that any time soon.
If any Pokémon Console game is released now, it'll be on the Wii U. Nintendo has said they aren't making anything for the Wii anymore.
Old January 21st, 2013, 01:07 PM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
We'll never get a main series game on console. It's been stated many times that the nature of the Pokemon franchise is still portable/handheld-based.

Sure we might get a spinoff on Wii U but not a main series game.
What is this, some sort of basketball manga?
Old January 21st, 2013, 01:19 PM
BloodyRoyaltyandNarwhals
Normal with a hint of oddity.

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to BloodyRoyaltyandNarwhals
I'm pretty much dieing right now. I want both Chespin and Fenniken on my team (they're so awesome!). And since this is an worldwide release, there's no head start for me to pick the Pokemon I want in my team. Which makes it that much more exciting! I wish it was October already.

Pokemon shouldn't move away from handheld consoles in my opinion. I dunno, it would just kill the whole "take them everywhere" aspect of Pokemon. As for the Pokemon Stadium games, however...
"And then grandpa combusted into flames."
-A Great Woman

Last edited by BloodyRoyaltyandNarwhals; January 21st, 2013 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 21st, 2013, 01:22 PM
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by .EJ View Post
We'll never get a main series game on console. It's been stated many times that the nature of the Pokemon franchise is still portable/handheld-based.

Sure we might get a spinoff on Wii U but not a main series game.
I meant that I wanted a spinoff with a different feel than a main series game. Such as Pokemon Colleseum or XD. Even though I havnt played them I assume you can compare them to a main series game in terms of gameplay or storyline?
Zi-Zi's Journey - Lindsey Stirling
Old January 21st, 2013, 01:23 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
If any Pokémon Console game is released now, it'll be on the Wii U. Nintendo has said they aren't making anything for the Wii anymore.
Indeed, they prefer to force people to upgrade to something backwards-compatible, then one day remove the backwards compatibility to make it cheaper and your older games - well - useless.

Makes one wonder why B2/W2 were for regular DS after 3DS was out for so long. The DS "last hurrah"?

Cyclone
"Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 21st, 2013, 01:37 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
As much as most of us wanted some sort of XD sequel or even some sort of Colosseum-esque game to hit the Wii U, it really seems doubtful at this point in time. .___.; I mean, I suppose there's a slight bit of hope because we're getting 5th gen Mystery Dungeon, but as far as 5th Gen Battle Revolution-esque type of thing, then...I'm really not getting my hopes up.

If anything, I don't expect anything like that coming out until at least maybe after the release of X/Y? Or maybe the middle of this year? Either or, but like I said, my hopes aren't high.
Old January 21st, 2013, 02:02 PM
Hederbomb

Nature: Bold
I dont know if anyone has notice, but every pokemon game (Not the Gamecube ones, they don't count)Have been named after a color. And this one... i thinks its gamefreaks way of saying WERE OUT OF IDEAS!!!! PLEASE HELP US WITH COLORS!!!!!!!.... lol.

Want to know whats wrong with someone? The real question is what ISN'T wrong with that person.
That is the real answer.
Old January 21st, 2013, 02:07 PM
.EJ
Arrow<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_CGC View Post
I dont know if anyone has notice, but every pokemon game (Not the Gamecube ones, they don't count)Have been named after a color. And this one... i thinks its gamefreaks way of saying WERE OUT OF IDEAS!!!! PLEASE HELP US WITH COLORS!!!!!!!.... lol.
Absolutely disagree with you. There's plenty of hints suggesting that X and Y refer to either Genetics or Dimensions. Consequently there is a surplus of colors out there and in fact, Ruby and Sapphire are technically just Red and Blue, so by your train of thought, they ran out of ideas in Gen III. :r
Old January 21st, 2013, 02:43 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Absolutely disagree. I mean, I dislike when people say that Gamefreak is out of ideas. Not to be mean, but you don't work for Gamefreak, so how could you possibly know? They're trying the absolute best that they can, and even they know they can't really please everyone. Sure, there are some things here and there that most folks would find disagreeable within X and Y, but by no means do I(or most other people here, I believe) think that GF is by any fashion running out of ideas.

That, and this is way too early in the game, so to speak, to make any real possible judgements whatsoever. Only speculation and discussion~!
Old January 21st, 2013, 03:13 PM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Quote:
Not necessarily, they could have used Pink and Purple but they chose something other than colours for a reason. I'm kinda relieved they changed to something different, it's new and well fitting for the transition onto the 3DS.

Btw nothing confirmed but Gamestop have listed Pokemon X & Y release dates as October 31, although I'm sure they did this for B2W2 last year.

Last edited by Hoenn; January 21st, 2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old January 21st, 2013, 03:54 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
Not necessarily, they could have used Pink and Purple but they chose something other than colours for a reason. I'm kinda relieved they changed to something different, it's new and well fitting for the transition onto the 3DS.

Btw nothing confirmed but Gamestop have listed Pokemon X & Y release dates as October 31, although I'm sure they did this for B2W2 last year.
That's how I believe they say, "We'll have it for your holiday shopping season". It could be October 1 for all we know.

And that would work. It's a Tuesday.

Cyclone
"Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 21st, 2013, 04:08 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:

My three Gamestops have it listed as November 1st. Its just a place holder date. Since they don't know when it will be released, they are trying to leave the estimated dates open, so all of October can't be said to release the games. Some will have the last day some will go the month after.

I think I listed all the possible dates already.

Its most likely:
October 6th, October 13th, October 20th, or October 27th. Those are all the Sundays in October. Nintendo favors Sunday release to keep it on a different schedule than Sony and Microsoft.

If its a Tuesday, then October 1st, October 8th, October 15th, October 22nd, or October 29th.

It has a high chance of it being near the middle of the month, so 6th to the 15th for mid October.
Old January 21st, 2013, 04:10 PM
.EJ
Arrow<3

Yea I've heard a lot about October 27. I honestly would prefer it on October 20 personally. cuz its my birthday
Old January 21st, 2013, 04:14 PM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I didn't think 31st was a suitable date either way and it does sound like more of a place holder than anything.

The dates I previously estimated commenced in the same week which was;

Japan; Wed Oct 16, UK; Fri Oct 18, US; Sun Oct 20, AU; Tue 22 Oct.

I think that seems the most reasonable time for all areas and if they have the opportunity to localize the games within the same month, why not release them all within the same week to avoid spoilers worldwide.
Old January 21st, 2013, 05:42 PM
Blaqoon
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by .EJ View Post
Yea I've heard a lot about October 27. I honestly would prefer it on October 20 personally. cuz its my birthday
Haha, the 20th is my birthday too!
Old January 21st, 2013, 05:46 PM
swiftgallade46
Legend

Nature: Naive
Not sue if this has been said before. Does anyone think this generation will have the theme of genetics? I mean, look at the facts: the small rainbo DNA strip that appears on the Japanese game logos, Masuda's emphasis on evolution in his recent blog, the X and Y chromosomes, Xerneas is blue like the male symbol and Yveltal is Red like the female. (though, by no stretch does it look feminine and I know that every version mascot up to this point has had some relation to the colors red and blue)I hope that also means there will be many (pre)evolutions of old Pokemon since that is usually my favorite part of the new generations.
GALLADE FTW FOREVER!
and ever
and ever
and ever
Old January 21st, 2013, 05:53 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftgallade46 View Post
Not sue if this has been said before. Does anyone think this generation will have the theme of genetics? I mean, look at the facts: the small rainbo DNA strip that appears on the Japanese game logos, Masuda's emphasis on evolution in his recent blog, the X and Y chromosomes, Xerneas is blue like the male symbol and Yveltal is Red like the female. (though, by no stretch does it look feminine and I know that every version mascot up to this point has had some relation to the colors red and blue)I hope that also means there will be many (pre)evolutions of old Pokemon since that is usually my favorite part of the new generations.
Yup! There has been great speculation from that! I thought that maybe the version exclusives from each game has to do with gender, since X represents male, and Y represents female, so maybe we can see a male rival in X, and a female rival in Y. Though some have also speculated that the 'X' and 'Y' corresponds with the 3D-axis, where you know, in 3-D, there are about 3 directions (X,Y, and Z). So, there can be a possible theme from that as well. Might be a tad tricky, but there can be!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 21st, 2013, 05:58 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaqoon View Post
Haha, the 20th is my birthday too!
That's awesome you guys have a chance of getting the games on your birthday. :)

For me I'm hoping since due to it being in October it's closer to Halloween, thus can have a creepy theme going on in-game when you start, DECORATED WITH ORANGE-Y STUFF like in reality for countries outside of where I am. ;(
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Old January 21st, 2013, 06:01 PM
swiftgallade46
Legend

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Yup! There has been great speculation from that! I thought that maybe the version exclusives from each game has to do with gender, since X represents male, and Y represents female, so maybe we can see a male rival in X, and a female rival in Y. Though some have also speculated that the 'X' and 'Y' corresponds with the 3D-axis, where you know, in 3-D, there are about 3 directions (X,Y, and Z). So, there can be a possible theme from that as well. Might be a tad tricky, but there can be!
Exactly. Actually, my friend and I had an argument about weather it would be about genetics or dimensions, but ( from a marketing standpoint) it would probably benefit Game Freak to just do both. also it's kind of hard to imagine what the third legendary or game(s) would represent in the case of genetics since there are only X&Y chromosomes...
GALLADE FTW FOREVER!
and ever
and ever
and ever
Old January 21st, 2013, 06:10 PM
Hikamaru
I have not had my teeth whitened!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
The dates I previously estimated commenced in the same week which was;

Japan; Wed Oct 16, UK; Fri Oct 18, US; Sun Oct 20, AU; Tue 22 Oct.
In most cases, Australia usually got new games before Europe. The only times Australia came last was with Red & Blue and Black & White.

I'll probably see the order being Japan, US, Australia, Europe like with HG/SS and B2/W2. I do agree with Suicune that the games should all be released in the same week so that people from certain countries don't get unfortunate spoilers.

I think it's highly unlikely they'll be released near my birthday (October 1) so I guess I'll have to get them for Christmas again, like what I did with Black 2/White 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
I have seen a continuing trend with version exclusives, they make one game have male-looking exclusives and the other have female-looking exclusives. Take Black/Black 2 and White/White 2 for example. The former had female-looking exclusive Pokemon while the latter had male-looking exclusives.

However, I could see X being the "male-looking" game and Y being the "female-looking" game given I've seen fanart depicting the male protagonist with Xerneas and the female with Yveltal. I will eventually come to a conclusion when the version exclusives get revealed since my main version I play from a paired version usually has female-looking exclusives.

A gender difference for the rival could be a neat twist, but I'd rather it change gender depending on the player's gender, like what they did with Yancy/Curtis in B2/W2, they made Yancy appear if your gender is male, and Curtis if you are female.
Old January 21st, 2013, 06:10 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I wouldn't like to have the games released on my birthday. People would like call me and visit me to wish me a happy birthday and I'd be like "GO AWAY, NEW POKéMON"!
Old January 21st, 2013, 07:13 PM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Hope will never die! ~Lucina

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I wouldn't like to have the games released on my birthday. People would like call me and visit me to wish me a happy birthday and I'd be like "GO AWAY, NEW POKéMON"!
Yep, this. I already don't like people calling me to wish happy birthday, as I am usually busy, but having Pokemon released on it would suck. I wonder when we will get some new information? It's been 2 weeks since we last got information, and I'm sure most of us a craving for more.
Old January 21st, 2013, 07:34 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
Dude, I wish Pokemon got released on my birthday. XD I'd just go buy it after my family comes over.

Quote:
That's a clever idea actually. Though it implies all the X exclusives are female only and vice versa. Ah, no matter, I'm getting both games. XD

paired to crono
Old January 21st, 2013, 07:35 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

There hasn't really been a Pokemon game that has been released around my birthday, mostly because my birthday is in the middle of summer, and I don't think a Pokemon game would ever be released then. XD;
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here