Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread

Old January 21st, 2013 (09:55 PM).
everything is purple
Silver Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Personally I'd love Pokemon on my birthday just so I wouldn't have to pay for it! HAHA FREE POKEMON.

Closer to Halloween would be neat as well!
Old January 22nd, 2013 (12:37 AM).
The Legendary Master of Light!
Crystal Tier

Nature: Calm
Hm... I'm kind of thinking Pokémon X and Y might be released sometime in the second quarter of October, but again I'm assuming they might release the games on the same day, but then again... they might end up launching them in the same month but on separate dates. Just hopefully they'll release it in the US, UK or Australia first, rather than it being released in Japan first.

Otherwise we're going to see Pokémon X and Y walkthroughs in Japanese text first. xD

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm gradually learning to use Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 22nd, 2013 (02:41 AM).
there's a place downtown
Platinum Tier

The majority of Pokemon games are released later in the month that they're released in irrc, I can see the same applying for X & Y around the 16th mark.
Old January 22nd, 2013 (03:37 AM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

Well B/W was released on the 4th, so... nothing is impossible really. The whole month is just one big speculation. XD;
Old January 22nd, 2013 (04:44 AM).
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Speaking of which, was it this week that we might learn of a new Gen 6 pokemon, from Pokemon Smash?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 22nd, 2013 (05:02 AM).
I'm the fury in your head
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Miss Doronjo:
Speaking of which, was it this week that we might learn of a new Gen 6 pokemon, from Pokemon Smash?
This I'm hoping for, maybe they might reveal the obligatory early-route rodent and bird?

tumblr | twitter | lovely pairs | ask me
adoption center mentor | fairy club | water club

Old January 22nd, 2013 (05:09 AM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Miss Doronjo:
That reminds me, I completely missed Pokémon Smash this week. x.x

Oh well, I'll see what they actually revealed. But it would be interesting if there was more information about Pokémon X and Pokémon Y on next week's Pokémon Smash.

But knowing that they're doing a worldwide launch, I think information would be synchronized between all countries in the world, rather than Japan first.

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 22nd, 2013 (05:13 AM).
there's a place downtown
Platinum Tier

I'm pretty sure they hinted at a new Pokemon, possibly an eeveelution being revealed in this weeks episode.
Old January 22nd, 2013 (05:20 AM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

An Eeveelution being revealed would be awesome if it's the first non-legendary/starter to be revealed, which'd make me think that Eevee is more important than we actually think (although GF has always liked Eevee so it's no surprise really).
Old January 22nd, 2013 (05:35 AM).
Crystal Tier

I really hope it's a new Eeveelution, 'cause we haven't had any new Eeveelutions since Generation IV. I wonder if they'll introduce new types along side the new Pokémon? :P

Old January 22nd, 2013 (05:57 AM).
everything is purple
Silver Tier

If its an eeveelution then what types do you guys expect it'll be? Also if its the rodent/bird reveal instead which types of rodents and/or birds do you think it'll be in Gen 6?
Old January 22nd, 2013 (06:01 AM).
there's a place downtown
Platinum Tier

A Ghost type evolution would fit well in the eeveelution chart IMO, although it could be any of the other types currently available and I'd be happy with any of them basically.

This is what was at the end of the Smash Episode for those who didn't see:
Old January 22nd, 2013 (06:21 AM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
A Ghost type evolution would fit well in the eeveelution chart IMO, although it could be any of the other types currently available and I'd be happy with any of them basically.

This is what was at the end of the Smash Episode for those who didn't see:
To me, that kind of looks like an outline of a person with a question mark inside it. Could the new Eeveelution be based off a person? Does this mean it's gonna be a Fighting-type?

Or does this mean someone person is going to be in the short film?

Old January 22nd, 2013 (06:28 AM).
there's a place downtown
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by PokémonShinySilver:
To me, that kind of looks like an outline of a person with a question mark inside it. Could the new Eeveelution be based off a person? Does this mean it's gonna be a Fighting-type?

Or does this mean someone person is going to be in the short film?
Well it's a person because prior to this, he was wearing a Glaceon outfit so I can only assume if they unveil a new eeveelution that he would be wearing the outfit for it.

Oh and the logo in the bottom right corner of the image looks similar to the Pikachu & Eevee Friends Movie short airing this year.
Old January 22nd, 2013 (06:38 AM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
Well it's a person because prior to this, he was wearing a Glaceon outfit so I can only assume if they unveil a new eeveelution that he would be wearing the outfit for it.

Oh and the logo in the bottom right corner of the image looks similar to the Pikachu & Eevee Friends Movie short airing this year.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's been alot of speculation about the last character in the name of the short film and because it gives us a clue that it might be about a new Eeveelution being introduced. Who knows? Even I'm speculating a Light-type Eeveelution for this one. They might reveal it at the same time as when Pokémon Smash announces it, if not earlier.

Old January 22nd, 2013 (06:51 AM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
They've been using Eevee (Smash episode from last week) and its evolutions for promotional info. Last week the guy dressed up as Eevee gave something to the kids, then later they recieved promotional cards for the TCG. Sunday's Smash, Glaceon appeared and handed something to the guys, right after Junichi appeared in a video call and Smash streamed the Pokemon X and Pokemon Y promotional trailer. I don't know if they only did those two Eevee forms or not. If those two were the only ones done, then the "?" Outline can be Vaporeon, Flareon, Jolteon, Espeon, Umbreon, or Leafeon to continue with the promo handouts.
Old January 22nd, 2013 (01:49 PM).
there's a place downtown
Platinum Tier

I suppose, I just don't see why they would find the need to blank out an Eeveelution that we already know of. If you ask me it could be building up to a new reveal but that's just how I see it really..
Old January 22nd, 2013 (02:06 PM).
Real Riders Wear Pink

I'm still concerned about them not annoucing Gen VI's Lucario clone than announcing the new Eeveelution, which I know will be Dragon since all the Eeveelutions are based on former special types, or is Fennekin's evo going to be it?
Old January 22nd, 2013 (02:22 PM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Pinkie-Dawn:
I'm still concerned about them not annoucing Gen VI's Lucario clone than announcing the new Eeveelution, which I know will be Dragon since all the Eeveelutions are based on former special types, or is Fennekin's evo going to be it?
Hm... I wonder that too, I guess it's good to have a change to all of that. But if we do see a new Eeveelution and if it was Dragon-type, would it actually match the last character in the title of the short film? Seeing as that last character has two stars at the top.

Old January 22nd, 2013 (02:45 PM). Edited January 22nd, 2013 by Fureon.
Psychic

Nature: Gentle
Well, what can I say? I WANT IT! Finally, a main series Pokemon game with spectacular 3D battling. In the past you had to choose between RPG gameplay (main series) and spectacular battles (Stadium/Colosseum/XD), and now you get all at once. Awesome! I've been waiting for this since I saw Stadium. I hope the 3D exploring is good too. I'm a bit worried since it still seems to stick to the grid based movement, but at least we'll get to see some beautiful scenery either way.

Now the only other thing I wish for is a good online functionality. I'd like to be able to actually meet new people in the game instead of realizing I have no friends and I can't battle with anyone or going into Underground/Entralink with no one there, just to pick up items.

Quote originally posted by TaichiWind:
And for the 3DS? Do they just want to make more money? I can't afford a 3DS and I'm not planning to afford a 3DS anytime soon, let alone buy it.
I don't want to offend you, but that's your problem, not Nintendo's.

They were on a good path with the DS, I don't know what the hell happened all of the sudden.
3DS happened.
Wake up, it's 2013.
It's been eight years since DS was released. Eight. Years.
I was surprised BW2 wasn't for 3DS.

Although I admit the graphics are really top-notch (what less would you expect on a freaking 3DS), they can't really call it fully developed 3D models unless they're from all angles like in, for instance, Poképark.
I'm pretty sure the camera will rotate during the battle, like in Stadium/Colloseum/XD.

A little girl, a little guy · In a church or in a school · Little Jesus, are you watching me? · I'm so young, just 18...
Old January 22nd, 2013 (02:47 PM).
My life would suck without you
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I'm very happy about them using Eeveelutions for promos. More Vaporeon stuff then.
Old January 22nd, 2013 (02:55 PM).
Real Riders Wear Pink

Quote originally posted by PokémonShinySilver:
Hm... I wonder that too, I guess it's good to have a change to all of that.
But this is a problem, because, not sure if this is going off-topic, which Pokemon will represent Gen VI for the next Smash Bros. title now that Zoroark and the rest of Gen V are old news, especially if it's not going to appear in the upcoming Genesect movie like Pichu in the Movie 3 short and Lucario in Movie 8? The Eeveelution is unlikely despite its possible appearance in the Movie 16 short due to it being a quadpedal Pokemon thus limiting its fighting style, and we're not sure if Fennekin's evo will be bipedal and be another Fire/Fighting type nor will Chespin and Froakie join with it like the Kanto starters. That's why it's important to have a Lucario clone.

Quote:
But if we do see a new Eeveelution and if it was Dragon-type, would it actually match the last character in the title of the short film? Seeing as that last character has two stars at the top.
Dragon has a blue-purplish color scheme, though Ghost's color scheme is also purple.
Old January 22nd, 2013 (02:59 PM).
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Gold Tier

Nature: Serious
Quote originally posted by vaporeon7:
I'm very happy about them using Eeveelutions for promos. More Vaporeon stuff then.
I didn't have you down as a Vaporeon fan.
Old January 22nd, 2013 (04:47 PM).
Wild Duck Pokémon
Gold TierCS

Nature: Impish
Just throwing this out there, but I really like the axis concept with X and Y. I wonder what Z is gonna look like? I'm thinking something in the water. Xerneas is land based, Yveltal is air based. Or it could be another land based creature considering how the Z axis works.
Old January 22nd, 2013 (05:14 PM).
YouTuber & Hacker

Nature: Gentle
I Can't Wait! I Wonder What The Eeveelutions Will Look Like, How Many, And What These Awesome Starters Will Look Like. Personally, I Like Froakie
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)