Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread

Old January 22nd, 2013 (05:14 PM).
just a guy
, CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
If I was a betting man, I'd put my money on a new Eeveelution being revealed in the next Pokémon Smash episode. Then again I'm not, and with my luck I'd probably lose that bet. Welp!

Seriously though, the chances of them revealing a new Eeveelution and then having it show up in a new trailer for the upcoming Pokémon movie is a very high possibility given all of the Eevee promotion that has been taking place for awhile now.

Quote originally posted by Corvidae:
Just throwing this out there, but I really like the axis concept with X and Y. I wonder what Z is gonna look like? I'm thinking something in the water. Xerneas is land based, Yveltal is air based. Or it could be another land based creature considering how the Z axis works.
Something in the water is what I'd like to see. I deep sea serpent to be more specific. It could easily represent the Z-axis and signify depth while at the same time fit in with the much speculated Norse Mythology.
Old January 22nd, 2013 (06:03 PM).
Some Game Developer

Nature: Calm
Anyone else really, really wanting a pokemon-walking thing like in HG/SS? I fthey do, I'd like it to be the MD style sprites though.
Also, anyone have an idea what the price will be? I'm guessing $70 as per normal, but...
Old January 22nd, 2013 (06:18 PM).
Eye of the Storm

Send a message via Skype™ to Cyclone
Quote originally posted by Anglican:
Anyone else really, really wanting a pokemon-walking thing like in HG/SS? I fthey do, I'd like it to be the MD style sprites though.
Also, anyone have an idea what the price will be? I'm guessing $70 as per normal, but...
$70 for a 3DS Pokémon game? If that's what you'd pay, let me buy each and sell them back to you. I'll be happy to do business with you.

B2/W2 were available here for about $35 each (I think). On 3DS, they might be a little more ($40).

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 22nd, 2013 (07:06 PM).
Some Game Developer

Quote originally posted by CycloneGU:
$70 for a 3DS Pokémon game? If that's what you'd pay, let me buy each and sell them back to you. I'll be happy to do business with you.

B2/W2 were available here for about $35 each (I think). On 3DS, they might be a little more ($40).

Cyclone

Hmm... I wasn't aware they were that cheap. I bought black and white from ebay, so I didn't see retail prices for that. I just know that HG/SS when they came out were 60-70 dollars I think
Old January 22nd, 2013 (07:08 PM).
Eye of the Storm

Hmm... I wasn't aware they were that cheap. I bought black and white from ebay, so I didn't see retail prices for that. I just know that HG/SS when they came out were 60-70 dollars I think
You bought them from eBay? No offense, but that explains everything. I bought SS for about the same $40 or so.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 22nd, 2013 (07:10 PM). Edited January 22nd, 2013 by Xander Olivieri.

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
If you live in the US, the default price from Retail is $39.99 for 3DS games.

DS titles that are major titles like Pokemon or Mario are $34.99. HG/SS was $39.99 because of the Pokewalker. ($5 for a cheap piece of add on.)

They are sold the same way in Nintendo's main store. Amazon has those prices as well for current releases. Ebay is a horrible place to buy anything due to over inflation.

Quote originally posted by Pinkie-Dawn:
I'm still concerned about them not annoucing Gen VI's Lucario clone than announcing the new Eeveelution, which I know will be Dragon since all the Eeveelutions are based on former special types, or is Fennekin's evo going to be it?
Quote originally posted by PokémonShinySilver:
Hm... I wonder that too, I guess it's good to have a change to all of that. But if we do see a new Eeveelution and if it was Dragon-type, would it actually match the last character in the title of the short film? Seeing as that last character has two stars at the top.
Zorua/Zoroark aren't really Lucario clones. They don't have much in common with each other other than they were in a movie, but so were legendaries. Evolution methods are different, and so are level of exclusiveness. Zorua was pretty much Event only with no way to get one outside of trade while Riolu was easily available in its release game and a guaranteed prize. Only reason fans see them as clones are because of the movies.

If we wanna discuss clones, we need to see what Pikachu Clone they'll come up with. Gen 2 was Pichu/Marill depending on who you ask (Pichu a direct line to Pikachu and Marill being a similar base of Pikachu as well as the target of the Pikablu rumor from Red/Blue days.). Gen 3 had Plusel and Minun, two electric rodents (totally rabbits IMO) and mascots of the Double Battle feature. Gen 4 had Pachirisu, another electric rodent, who was given to the female protagonist. Gen 5 Emolga, flying electric rodent again given to the female protagonist.

Obviously its going to be an electric Rodent (Oh look something used MORE than Fire/Fighting that isn't whined about like its a sacrilege.)

Then you have our Normal type Rodent clones (rattata) and Normal/Flying typed bird clones (pidgey).

I'm way more interested in these. (Ya its not sarcasm for those reading it that way. Some of my favorites are the clones or cloned per generation. Pidgey/Bidoof)
Old January 22nd, 2013 (07:21 PM).
My life would suck without you
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I bought B2/W2 for like $40 here in Australia. Mind you there were places selling it for $60-$70.
Old January 22nd, 2013 (07:22 PM).
Eye of the Storm

Quote originally posted by XanderO:

DS titles that are major titles like Pokemon or Mario are $34.99. HG/SS was $39.99 because of the Pokewalker. ($5 for a cheap piece of add on.)

They are sold the same way in Nintendo's main store. Amazon has those prices as well for current releases. Ebay is a horrible place to buy anything due to over inflation.
The trick to using eBay is to know your market. I found a copy of Fortune Street there that I got for about $32 by the time I was done. If I'd bought it at Best Buy, or EB, or such, it would have cost me over $55 after taxes ($49.99 retail).

Cyclone

Old January 22nd, 2013 (08:16 PM).
Some Game Developer

...Doesn't help that I don't live in the US.... And I did do a price check. It was cheaper for me to get Black and White off eBay then to buy them at the store.
Also, when I said ~$70, I meant AU money. Sorry, I didn't realise the price difference
Old January 22nd, 2013 (08:30 PM).
Real Riders Wear Pink

Nature: Quirky
Obviously its going to be an electric Rodent (Oh look something used MORE than Fire/Fighting that isn't whined about like its a sacrilege.)
Nobody was complaining about the Pikachu clones because it's a tradition by GF like the regional rodent and bird. The Fire/Fighting thing was just a trend that lost its luster by the fans.
Old January 22nd, 2013 (08:36 PM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Nobody was complaining about the Pikachu clones because it's a tradition by GF like the regional rodent and bird. The Fire/Fighting thing was just a trend that lost its luster by the fans.
Could be a late tradition. Most annoying thing about Fire/Fighting, all the needless complaints. No one complains when other type comboes are done. Like Normal/Flying which is one of the most used. Only reason it gets so much flack is because its on a starter Pokemon. But then again we've had a bunch of pures who are only complained about when compared to the others.

I'm kinda hopin for Fire/Fighting mostly cause I don't want Fennekin to be Fire/Psychic, doesn't help that I'm expecting Fennekin to be a forbidden love child of Snivy and Flareon. Making it Fire/Psychic, possibility of Gamefreak trolling and making it Physical based Pokemon with hardly any worth while physical attacks, and completely ruining its stat/move lists making it look good only for pre-release and suck horribly upon use.

Another reason I hope Fire/Fighting...cause I really want Froakie to be Water/Flying.
Old January 22nd, 2013 (08:37 PM).
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Lonely
I actually kinda like the traditional rodents/birds. Most of em are pretty neet looking. And really i'm up for any type combo GF comes up with as long as they dont nerf the starters' potential with bad stats or movepool
Old January 22nd, 2013 (08:58 PM).
Eye of the Storm

...Doesn't help that I don't live in the US.... And I did do a price check. It was cheaper for me to get Black and White off eBay then to buy them at the store.
Also, when I said ~$70, I meant AU money. Sorry, I didn't realise the price difference
Ah. And of course, with region locking, you have to buy the version that costs more. That sucks.

I mean, our $39.99 game costs $41.81 there as of right now. But they will up the price to cover their shipping costs and so on, and by the time you're done, it's $70.

Cyclone

Old January 22nd, 2013 (10:30 PM). Edited January 22nd, 2013 by Hikamaru.
I just want to go home.
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by CourageHound:
I actually kinda like the traditional rodents/birds. Most of em are pretty neet looking. And really i'm up for any type combo GF comes up with as long as they dont nerf the starters' potential with bad stats or movepool
Yeah, they always like to include a traditional early-route rodent and bird like Rattata/Sentret/Zigzagoon/Bidoof/Patrat and Pidgey/Hoothoot/Taillow/Starly/Pidove before it.

Also, I'd love the 6th Gen starters even more if they get awesome stats and wide movepools. While the 5th Gen starters may look awesome, they were sadly nerfed with bad stats or movepools. *cough* Serperior *cough*.

Could be a late tradition. Most annoying thing about Fire/Fighting, all the needless complaints. No one complains when other type comboes are done. Like Normal/Flying which is one of the most used. Only reason it gets so much flack is because its on a starter Pokemon. But then again we've had a bunch of pures who are only complained about when compared to the others.

I'm kinda hopin for Fire/Fighting mostly cause I don't want Fennekin to be Fire/Psychic, doesn't help that I'm expecting Fennekin to be a forbidden love child of Snivy and Flareon. Making it Fire/Psychic, possibility of Gamefreak trolling and making it Physical based Pokemon with hardly any worth while physical attacks, and completely ruining its stat/move lists making it look good only for pre-release and suck horribly upon use.

Another reason I hope Fire/Fighting...cause I really want Froakie to be Water/Flying.
I guess the reason people got sick of Fire/Fighting starters was they thought Blaziken was awesome, Infernape was alright, but then when Emboar came, they thought the typing lost its luster and they thought Game Freak was favoring that combination for the Fire Starters' typing too much. Probably cos the Fighting-type cuts down the Stealth Rock weakness. But if they give Fennekin's evolutions part-Psychic it would have even more weaknesses than Charizard, but unlike Charizard it wouldn't have any nasty 4x weaknesses.

People were often expecting Snivy's line to be Grass/Dragon when Black & White information was still being revealed, they also wanted Tepig's line to be Fire/Dark and Oshawott's to be Water/Fighting. But sadly they got disappointed at the 5th Gen starters getting nerfed with terrible stats and movepools, and the fact that Snivy and Oshawott's line were given pure Grass and Water. This is probably why I see most people hating 5th Gen's starters more than other generations.

And making Fennekin's evos Physical-based Fire/Psychic would be a bit silly, it looks like it will be Special-based given the attacks Fennekin was using in the trailer. I'd probably imagine Chespin being Physical-based, Fennekin being Special and Froakie being mixed.
Old January 22nd, 2013 (11:43 PM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Hikari10:
Yeah, they always like to include a traditional early-route rodent and bird like Rattata/Sentret/Zigzagoon/Bidoof/Patrat and Pidgey/Hoothoot/Taillow/Starly/Pidove before it.
I just hope they're cute and not ugly :( I really didn't like Patrat at first and Bidoof doesn't really have a major um, appeal honestly lmao.
Old January 23rd, 2013 (02:37 AM).
we're beautiful now ♪
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Speaking of which, I'm looking forward to seeing the traditional bird. I've always liked how they portray different birds and so far, all their designs are great.
Old January 23rd, 2013 (03:21 AM).
→ wonderworldofart! »
Platinum Tier, CS

Nature: Quiet
Starly was literally the coolest early-game bird of all time. Mostly because of Staraptor and how badass it is, so I'd like something like that. XD

Old January 23rd, 2013 (03:51 AM).
I just want to go home.
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Twilight Sky:
Starly was literally the coolest early-game bird of all time. Mostly because of Staraptor and how badass it is, so I'd like something like that. XD
I want to see the new bird have good stats like Staraptor, that way I'd consider it for all my teams.
Old January 23rd, 2013 (04:14 AM).
just a guy
, CS

Stats like Staraptor, but suave like Pidgeot and Swellow. That's what I'd like to see in the new region bird. I was thinking, maybe it might be based off of the Common House Martin (picture below). It's one of the most common type birds found in Europe I believe; correct me if I'm wrong. Since Pidove is based off of New York's most common bird, the pidgeon, it's possible they may follow suit and do the same in this new region as well.

Old January 23rd, 2013 (05:50 AM).

Nature: Modest
I think my sig pretty much tells you what I think of the previous rats..Although Zigzagoon is still one of my favourite looking Pokemon (Linoone not so much) I mean Patrat looks like an upright Bidoof with red eyes. I would like to see a radical new take on the little guy in Gen VI, like making his evo Normal/Psychic or something awesome and different.

I'm fairly indifferent on the birds, but I haven't disliked any of them. (The Hoothoot/Noctowl line still being my favourite)
Old January 23rd, 2013 (06:47 AM).
Real Riders Wear Pink

I'm expecting a Finch pokemon based on the 2chan leak.

Quote originally posted by Hikari10:
People were often expecting Snivy's line to be Grass/Dragon when Black & White information was still being revealed, they also wanted Tepig's line to be Fire/Dark and Oshawott's to be Water/Fighting. But sadly they got disappointed at the 5th Gen starters getting nerfed with terrible stats and movepools, and the fact that Snivy and Oshawott's line were given pure Grass and Water. This is probably why I see most people hating 5th Gen's starters more than other generations.
That false assumption only proves the fan theory of secondary types for starters being only physical-based prior to Gen IV, but they couldn't give Emboar a Fire/Ground typing due to the 4x Water weakness and its base stats, so they have him a Fighting type rather than Samurott.
Old January 23rd, 2013 (06:47 AM).
The Legendary Master of Light!
Crystal Tier

Hm... speaking of birds, it would be nice to see a Hummingbird Pokémon in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. I don't think they've used that type of bird yet. I know they've used sparrows, pigeons, swallows, but not a hummingbird. :P

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm gradually learning to use Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 23rd, 2013 (06:49 AM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Aerilyn:
Stats like Staraptor, but suave like Pidgeot and Swellow. That's what I'd like to see in the new region bird. I was thinking, maybe it might be based off of the Common House Martin (picture below). It's one of the most common type birds found in Europe I believe; correct me if I'm wrong. Since Pidove is based off of New York's most common bird, the pidgeon, it's possible they may follow suit and do the same in this new region as well.

That looks like a good final evolution given its size, and for the first evolution maybe just a fatter Tailow...?
Old January 23rd, 2013 (07:35 AM).
→ wonderworldofart! »
Platinum Tier, CS

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by PokémonShinySilver:
Hm... speaking of birds, it would be nice to see a Hummingbird Pokémon in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. I don't think they've used that type of bird yet. I know they've used sparrows, pigeons, swallows, but not a hummingbird. :P
According to an old Gamefaqs thread I've just read, apparently Zapdos is a hummingbird?? I was kind of shocked when I read that, but eh. xD; I'm agreeing with you though, I wouldn't mind another hummingbird or anything like that. :3

Old January 23rd, 2013 (09:12 AM).
just a guy
, CS

I'm expecting a Finch pokemon based on the 2chan leak.
Given how no new information ever came out that week as was mentioned in the supposed leak, I'd say that the information off of there was likely fake after all. That said, I wouldn't be opposed to having a Finch type Pokémon.

Quote originally posted by Forever:
That looks like a good final evolution given its size, and for the first evolution maybe just a fatter Tailow...?
It may appear to be somewhat large in that image, it's actually a pretty small bird. Then again, it wouldn't be something new if GameFreak decided to make it a few sizes bigger.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)