The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 25th, 2013, 03:52 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy

Advertise here
If we get a special based Return, then can we get a special based Frustration too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I want special Return, ya, but physical Hidden Power probably won't happen, unless it's for fighting really, because it's a hidden "power", which'd imply not actually... attacking the mons physically. :x
I wouldn't say the word "power" implies to not being physical. Since it is possible for one to be physically powerful or have a physical power / strength. Perhaps the alternative move could be something like Secret Strength or something with a much better name than that.
Old January 25th, 2013, 04:02 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Eh...physical hidden power...I mean, I see that as kind of redundant, I suppose? u__u Not sure how to word it for why..but I agree with Nica, I don't really see it happening anytime soon, either. I find a special return more likely, if anything else. :x
Old January 25th, 2013, 04:12 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
One thing that comes to mind, however, is that there are a lot of decent to pretty good physical hitters that have such a poor physical attack movepool. While they're able to learn some great special attacks, they just don't have the stats to back it up. I feel like there needs to be a larger [and stronger] variety of elemental attack moves for Pokémon like this.
Old January 25th, 2013, 04:26 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Yes! I'd like there to be a lot more opportunities for Pokemon that don't really have that good of a physical movepool, but I'm more or less thinking of those physical attackers that can't really learn boosting moves like swords dance~ Not to sound like a parrot or anything like that, but yeah. xD;
Old January 25th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
One thing that comes to mind, however, is that there are a lot of decent to pretty good physical hitters that have such a poor physical attack movepool. While they're able to learn some great special attacks, they just don't have the stats to back it up. I feel like there needs to be a larger [and stronger] variety of elemental attack moves for Pokémon like this.
Wigglytuff and Dusknoir are good examples of this~

I'd like there to be stronger special moves too. But maybe not so widespread that every single special-oriented pokemon can learn it, but at least for the jack-of-all-trades and master of none pokemon. Like of course, Wigglytuff and Dusknoir.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 25th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Forever
let it go

Give random mons things they "need". Like... give Scizor Stone Edge FOR VOLCARONA. Totally needed. :3
Old January 25th, 2013, 08:47 AM
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Nooooo. We need something to kill that hunk of junk, don't take away my Volcarona!

As for pokémon getting things they NEED, nothing comes to mind before Flareon. I don't think it will be given anything though - I don't see any reason for GameFreak to be nice to it after five generations of making life for it as difficult as possible.

Outside of that? Give a few more Flying / Bug types Hurricane. That move is severely under-distributed.

Old January 25th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
They need to give some of the Bird Pokemon Acrobatics, i.e Swellow, Pidgeot, Unfezant etc. I can't see why they aren't able to learn it tbh ;;

Old January 25th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
They need to give some of the Bird Pokemon Acrobatics, i.e Swellow, Pidgeot, Unfezant etc. I can't see why they aren't able to learn it tbh ;;
Yeah, I do agree its distribution on Flying-types is a bit bad, the only decent one learning it is Archeops. Also, too many special attackers get in their movepool, which stinks.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

Last edited by Hikamaru; January 25th, 2013 at 03:28 PM.
Old January 25th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

They should give Grass types Nature Power, Natural Gift, Weather Ball, and Ground moves for decent coverage, and Ice types need Water moves as they're both relatable types like Rock and Ground.
Old January 25th, 2013, 03:54 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
Yeah, I do agree its distribution on Flying-types is a bit bad, the only decent one learning it is Archeops. Also, too many special attackers get in their movepool, which stinks.
I agree, it feels like it is wasted as a TM when so little Pokémon learn it that can use it.
Old January 25th, 2013, 04:01 PM
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Weather Ball is something I'd like to not be spread around, actually. I really like how exclusive it is, even if that's just because it means Roserade has her own sort of niche as a Grass type that can kill Fire types (or, alternatively, Steel, Ice & Bug types). I could go for it going to a couple of new pokémon but I wouldn't like it to be at all common.

Old January 25th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Yeahh! Brave Bird also needs more distribution imo. I mean it's really strong and not every single bird is using it (or maybe they are??) but still Brave Bird needs to go to every single flying thing, despite it saying "bird".
Old January 25th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I agree, it feels like it is wasted as a TM when so little Pokémon learn it that can use it.
Simisage, Simisear and Simipour get nice movepools to make use of their balanced Attack and Sp. Attack, and I love using Acrobatics on them since they can run mixed sets well.

Also, I do feel appalled that not every bird-based Flying-type gets Brave Bird.

Old January 25th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
Simisage, Simisear and Simipour get nice movepools to make use of their balanced Attack and Sp. Attack, and I love using Acrobatics on them since they can run mixed sets well.

Also, I do feel appalled that not every bird-based Flying-type gets Brave Bird.
Hmmm... Pidgeot, Dodrio, Skarmory, Swellow, Staraptor, Honchkrow, and Swanna all get it... Fearow isn't getting it, Noctowl doesn't need it... The only Pokémon which could benefit from Brave Bird is Unfezant, which in the eyes of Gamefreak might not need it because it learns Sky Attack (even though Sky Attack sucks).

I think Aerodactyl gets it too since it was the original protobird.

The legendary birds are Special based, so they benefit more from Hurricane.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Old January 25th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Speaking of which, I hope they introduce a couple more special based flying moves with decent power and accuracy. There's Air Cutter, Hurricane and Air Slash but with the majority of them being Physical based such as Aerial Ace, Acrobatics, Drill Peck etc it limits the special based flying types from using their full potential.

Old January 25th, 2013, 11:13 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Quote:
Speaking of which, I hope they introduce a couple more special based flying moves with decent power and accuracy. There's Air Cutter, Hurricane and Air Slash but with the majority of them being Physical based such as Aerial Ace, Acrobatics, Drill Peck etc it limits the special based flying types from using their full potential.
Yeah, and the only reliable one of those I bolded was Air Slash since the flinch effect is nice and it's the only one with respectable accuracy. Air Cutter sometimes misses often while Hurricane needs Rain in effect to be useful.

I felt sorry for Unfezant getting high Attack, but not the right moves to abuse it. And then Flareon is still lacking a decent physical STAB after five generations. Let's hope X & Y give some nice buffs and/or touch-ups to past gen Pokemon's movepools.

Old January 26th, 2013, 12:54 AM
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
Sorry to cut off the whole Attacks discussion but shouldn't we have Something new By now ?.. It's been quite some time since the starters reveal. Something on Smash this Sunday maybe ?
Old January 26th, 2013, 02:39 AM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Ω & α... Join the Bandwagon!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Hmmm yes. I am craving for new information. I presume we will be getting some fresh content soon. It is noticeable how much this forum has slowed down and people will begin to get disinterested if there isn't some news soon. Well that's just a gentleman's opinion anyway.
Old January 26th, 2013, 02:40 AM
Forever
let it go

Maybe, maybe not. I thought we were meant to get Eeveelution last sunday, idk anymore. However! We'll definitely get stuff around 12-15th in CoroCoro (going that long without new information would be insane lmao) which is only around 2 weeks away so that's a good thing :3
Old January 26th, 2013, 03:12 AM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

It does seem like a long time since we've had some news, I think that's because of all this speculation and our expectations. I think we'll get something on Pokemon Smash tonight, hopefully.

Old January 26th, 2013, 04:04 AM
Forever
let it go

The most I see us getting then is really just one Pokemon, really. Anything more I just don't see them doing until at least next month, given that when B/W were announced all we got was Zoroark/Zorua for like, a few months, then Reshiram/Zekrom, and we didn't even get the starters until four months later. :(
Old January 26th, 2013, 04:32 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Only 10 hours to go before Pokémon Smash starts! Starting from now! I'm excited!

It'll be really interesting to see if it's a new Eeveelution or just some other Eeveelution. Either way, if they announce it on Pokémon Smash, the official English Pokémon website will update showing information about it as soon as Pokémon Smash has finished in Japan.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 26th, 2013, 04:37 AM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

If they announce the new Eeveelution on Pokemon Smash, I guess it means that Eevee will be obtainable in the games or something.

Let's hope they announce news that's worth waiting for!

Old January 26th, 2013, 04:39 AM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

I hope so, that will mean all the other eeveelutions will be in the game. I love having the option of choosing between them, even though I'll probably use a new eeveelution if one is introduced.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here