Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread

Old January 26th, 2013 (05:35 AM).
luster purge
Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
I would be excited for new eeveelutions, but I'm still pretty overwhelmed by the amount we have already. XD; That and I'm pretty concerned about the type and name of said eeveelution...let's hope for the best, I suppose!
go ahead. fly. take flight. no one can tell you otherwise, right?
VMPMAMA
Old January 26th, 2013 (07:08 AM).
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Yeah, am hoping that a new Eeveelution gets announced too - I don't mind our current number! And hey, having an extended branch of evolution is a good thing!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 26th, 2013 (07:32 AM).
The Legendary Master of Light!
Crystal Tier

Nature: Calm
I'm really hoping for a Light-type Eeveelution. Knowing that the "Light-type" kind of thing is stuck in my head. xD

I'm kind of hoping it's some kind of Eeveelution with star patterns on it, like as the last Katakana character in the movie poster, which makes me think it'll be called... "Stareon". xD

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm gradually learning to use Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 26th, 2013 (08:25 AM). Edited January 26th, 2013 by Guy.
just a guy
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote originally posted by PokémonShinySilver:
I'm really hoping for a Light-type Eeveelution. Knowing that the "Light-type" kind of thing is stuck in my head. xD

I'm kind of hoping it's some kind of Eeveelution with star patterns on it, like as the last Katakana character in the movie poster, which makes me think it'll be called... "Stareon". xD
I'm doubtful about the whole "Light" type being introduced. It has been something the fans have wanted ever since Gen II introduced Dark types. With every new generation, it has been at the top of most speculations. I think Gen V would have been the perfect time to have introduced the Light type considering the Ying Yang theme, but alas, they chose not to. I'm just doubtful that we'll ever get it unfortunately.

Turning back to a new Eeveelution, I hope it's a Dragon-type. That's the last remaining "special" type that's left, and I think a Dragon type Eevee could look pretty wicked. Oddly enough, I'm not fretting over what the design or designs of new Eeveelutions might look like. They haven't disappointed me thus far, and there are already seven of them plus Eevee.
Old January 26th, 2013 (08:41 AM).
» sixteen in the middle of miami
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
IMO if they were going to add a Light type they would have in the previous generation which was the best opportunity to do so. We haven't had any new types for over ten years now and the reason why they introduced Steel & Dark was to balance the type advantages/resistances from Gen I.
Old January 26th, 2013 (08:56 AM).
entering snake habitat
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
Don't Light types resemble much of that of Normal types? As Suicune said, I think they're going to keep with tradition and not add any new types to the game. It'd be interesting to have more Eeveelutions, though. I think we're gonna see more Pokemon with more combined types (like Pokemon with three types), but I don't think we'll see any new types. You never know, though. It's fun to speculate, especially since unexpected curve balls have been thrown at us throughout the series.
Old January 26th, 2013 (09:02 AM).
just a guy
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote originally posted by Gyardosamped:
Don't Light types resemble much of that of Normal types? As Suicune said, I think they're going to keep with tradition and not add any new types to the game. It'd be interesting to have more Eeveelutions, though. I think we're gonna see more Pokemon with more combined types (like Pokemon with three types), but I don't think we'll see any new types. You never know, though. It's fun to speculate, especially since unexpected curve balls have been thrown at us throughout the series.
One could argue that the much popular "Light" type is represented by various types we have currently: Psychic, Fighting, and Normal all come to mind.
Old January 26th, 2013 (10:00 AM).
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
I never understood The whole "Light" type thing. Dark type represents use of cheap tactics and mischief. If light is the opposite of dark type, what will it represent ? Playing fair ? But isn't that EVERY other type except Dark ?
Old January 26th, 2013 (10:09 AM).
let it go
Battle Server
BS
CS

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
IMO if they were going to add a Light type they would have in the previous generation which was the best opportunity to do so. We haven't had any new types for over ten years now and the reason why they introduced Steel & Dark was to balance the type advantages/resistances from Gen I.
Just because they haven't added them in over 10 years doesn't mean they can't ever :3
Old January 26th, 2013 (10:37 AM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Forever's got a point, they can surprise us, after all it took them 12-13 years to make another pair of sequels. Plus what better way to evolve the game than to add new types and mechanics. I just hope I don't find myself calling gen 2 more of a evolution than this one like I did with gen III being more of a reboot than V which wasn't much of a reboot imo as it didn't add much to the battle system as either gen II (split of special stat,two new types), III (Natures, change to Ev system, added IV's, double battles), IV (split moves into special and physical oppose to having it depend on type), gen V (rotation,double).
Either way please give us a new eeveelution GF.
Old January 26th, 2013 (11:45 AM).

Question, when would you have prefered X and Y be released? I wanted it to be released in April like DPP
Old January 26th, 2013 (12:12 PM).
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Gold Tier

Nature: Serious
Well October is admittedly not the best time seeing as there's always a metric tonne of music coming out around that time (as well as, you know, presents to buy!) so my finances are more than a bit stretched, but the sooner the better for me so I'd take October 2013 over any time after that.

Old January 26th, 2013 (12:43 PM).
Platinum Tier

I'd prefer a Summer release because of the long wait we have ahead but at the same time it's fun to find out new information and speculate until the release.
Old January 26th, 2013 (02:06 PM).
Crystal Tier

Knowing that I've already pre-ordered Pokémon X and Pokémon Y at EB games today, I've got many things that I'm kind of speculating about, especially the "Light-type" that's still stuck in my head. And the only thing I can think about that is opposite to mischief and cheap tactics... is things that heal and help other Pokémon like moves such as Safeguard or Helping Hand.

Oh yes and speaking about the Eeveelution, I think everyone should turn on KeyHole TV onto TV Tokyo right now! 'Cause I'm pretty sure Pokémon Smash will be on very soon. ;)

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 26th, 2013 (02:56 PM).
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by PokémonShinySilver:
Oh yes and speaking about the Eeveelution, I think everyone should turn on KeyHole TV onto TV Tokyo right now! 'Cause I'm pretty sure Pokémon Smash will be on very soon. ;)
Completely forgot about Smash so thanks for reminding me! I'm watching it on ZephyrSonic's Youtube page, I'm hoping they reveal something but I'm just not sure if they will or not.
Old January 26th, 2013 (03:00 PM).
Mirai Nikki
Gold Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Zero°
I'd REALLY want to see a Tiger Pokemon, I've been wanting to see one for a while but it hasn't happened yet, but I feel that this generation is gonna bring a tiger. <3
Old January 26th, 2013 (03:12 PM).
Silver Tier

I doubt we'll get any news from it...though at least give us a outline of one or something!
Old January 26th, 2013 (03:29 PM).
Gaiden

Nothing new regarding X&Y from Pokemon smash...

And nothing new from Pokemon Smash regarding the Eevee family - only Umbreon and Leafeon appeared from behind the door. Although, ZS made an interesting point - they might screen case each Eeveelution from the past gens behind each door, so when they're all revealed, that's when the possible Eeveelution may be revealed?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 26th, 2013 (03:35 PM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Miss Doronjo:
Nothing new regarding X&Y from Pokemon smash...

And nothing new from Pokemon Smash regarding the Eevee family - only Umbreon and Leafeon appeared from behind the door. Although, ZS made an interesting point - they might screen case each Eeveelution from the past gens behind each door, so when they're all revealed, that's when the possible Eeveelution may be revealed?
I wonder which Eeveelutions they've already revealed other than Umbreon and Leafeon? I'm pretty sure last week they showed some other Eeveelutions, but I'm not sure which ones they are.

But yeah, I was thinking the same thing too, they probably will show the new Eeveelution for X and Y after they've shown all the other Eeveelutions.

Old January 26th, 2013 (03:48 PM).
Platinum Tier

I know they shown Glaceon last week but I only tuned in 20 minutes to the end so there could have been another before that.
Old January 26th, 2013 (04:42 PM).
My life would suck without you
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
If it is a new dragon type Eeveelution, I think It'll have 130 base attack, it seems the most sensible.
Old January 26th, 2013 (04:58 PM).
Silver Tier

Or 130 special attack if they decide to make it a special attacker dragon.
Old January 26th, 2013 (05:24 PM).
everything is purple
Silver Tier

Base 130 in Attk or Spc Attk, Base 110 speed.

Hello OU eeveelution!
Old January 26th, 2013 (07:02 PM). Edited January 26th, 2013 by Bluerang1.
pin pin

Rumor to sink your teeth into.

Spoiler:
Ryuusei on January 26, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Another rumor popped up on 4chan awhile ago, this one is less “ambitious” than the previous one I brought up, but slightly more believable as it deals with the Movie 16 “hidden Pokemon”.

————————

“This information was sent to me from a correspondent in Japan, who has obtained early information on what the next issue of CoroCoro will obtain, which focuses on Movie 16. This is a transcript of the information he provided me with.

First off, CoroCoro this issue mainly focuses on the star of Movie 16 alongside Genesect, the Superman Pokemon “Duskaman”. Duskaman is the romanized name that appears in CoroCoro (and will probably be similar to the English name like previous stars), and its raw Japanese name is Dasukaman (ダスカマン). Here is the information CoroCoro provides:

Species: “Superman” (Choujin ちょうじん) Pokemon.
Type: Dark/Fighting
Height: 1.9m
Weight: 78.4kg

My correspondent describes it looking very humanoid, with its main stream-lined body being mostly black apart from its white face, white hands, and white feet, and the front of its chest which has a red circle on its chest and another red crescent below it. It has horns on its head which fold back in a “V” shape, and it has a red Mohawk that comes from the back of its head and crosses between the horns and sticks out in the front. It has rather dull looking eyes, semi-circles with little black pupils in them. Finally, it has two red streamers coming from its back that resembles a scarf, but another picture of Duskaman shows that they can transform into wings.

There is the official Sugimori Art included, showing it striking a “Henshin”-style pose, and pictures of it drawn in anime form, including one showing how its scarf transforms into wings. There is also artwork showing it in winged-form flying away from the Genesect Army, as well as Ash and Iris riding Charizard and Dragonite and battling alongside him. CoroCoro talks about how Duskaman is the “night savior of the city”, and appears in a flash of crimson red to battle against the leader of the Genesect. There seems to be a connection between the two Pokemon as they’re both described as being crimson red. The new title is roughly “The Extreme Speed Genesect X Superman Duskaman (神速のゲノセクトX超人ダスカマン). The X is actually shining blue, resembling the Pokemon X logo, interestingly enough, while Genesect and Duskaman’s names are colored red.

Next issue promises more information on the film, and hints at revealing another Pokemon (unknown if it’s in the Movie, the Mini-Movie, or X/Y).

In terms of X/Y information, this issue is very sparse apart from showing the official artwork of the male and female protagonists, and some more screen-shots of them walking around the Paris-styled town, including visiting what appears to be a museum, standing atop the Eiffel Tower-like structure showing a nice view of the of the region, and walking alongside a beach. There’s also a look at the new battle screen, which shows that the HP Bars now appear on the bottom screen with little Boxsprites of the Pokemon next to them, and there’s two new buttons available as well on the menu which is “Call” and “P-Link”, although it doesn’t explain what these functions are for yet. There are a few battle pictures of the Starters battling, and also shows that Spoink and Paras are in.”

Actually sounds believable. Love the Pokemon's typing, will definitely use it if it's real. Though the Pokemon sounds a lot like the Steel/Dark Power Ranger from Unova.

Oh wait Scraggy etc. I used it though, shows I like the typing haha

But I'm iffy about the protagonists thing because I'm still holding out for player customization meaning that there won't be protagonists art this generation.
Old January 26th, 2013 (07:42 PM).
hoping senpai notices me

Quote originally posted by Bluerang1:
Rumor to sink your teeth into.

Spoiler:
Ryuusei on January 26, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Another rumor popped up on 4chan awhile ago, this one is less “ambitious” than the previous one I brought up, but slightly more believable as it deals with the Movie 16 “hidden Pokemon”.

————————

“This information was sent to me from a correspondent in Japan, who has obtained early information on what the next issue of CoroCoro will obtain, which focuses on Movie 16. This is a transcript of the information he provided me with.

First off, CoroCoro this issue mainly focuses on the star of Movie 16 alongside Genesect, the Superman Pokemon “Duskaman”. Duskaman is the romanized name that appears in CoroCoro (and will probably be similar to the English name like previous stars), and its raw Japanese name is Dasukaman (ダスカマン). Here is the information CoroCoro provides:

Species: “Superman” (Choujin ちょうじん) Pokemon.
Type: Dark/Fighting
Height: 1.9m
Weight: 78.4kg

My correspondent describes it looking very humanoid, with its main stream-lined body being mostly black apart from its white face, white hands, and white feet, and the front of its chest which has a red circle on its chest and another red crescent below it. It has horns on its head which fold back in a “V” shape, and it has a red Mohawk that comes from the back of its head and crosses between the horns and sticks out in the front. It has rather dull looking eyes, semi-circles with little black pupils in them. Finally, it has two red streamers coming from its back that resembles a scarf, but another picture of Duskaman shows that they can transform into wings.

There is the official Sugimori Art included, showing it striking a “Henshin”-style pose, and pictures of it drawn in anime form, including one showing how its scarf transforms into wings. There is also artwork showing it in winged-form flying away from the Genesect Army, as well as Ash and Iris riding Charizard and Dragonite and battling alongside him. CoroCoro talks about how Duskaman is the “night savior of the city”, and appears in a flash of crimson red to battle against the leader of the Genesect. There seems to be a connection between the two Pokemon as they’re both described as being crimson red. The new title is roughly “The Extreme Speed Genesect X Superman Duskaman (神速のゲノセクトX超人ダスカマン). The X is actually shining blue, resembling the Pokemon X logo, interestingly enough, while Genesect and Duskaman’s names are colored red.

Next issue promises more information on the film, and hints at revealing another Pokemon (unknown if it’s in the Movie, the Mini-Movie, or X/Y).

In terms of X/Y information, this issue is very sparse apart from showing the official artwork of the male and female protagonists, and some more screen-shots of them walking around the Paris-styled town, including visiting what appears to be a museum, standing atop the Eiffel Tower-like structure showing a nice view of the of the region, and walking alongside a beach. There’s also a look at the new battle screen, which shows that the HP Bars now appear on the bottom screen with little Boxsprites of the Pokemon next to them, and there’s two new buttons available as well on the menu which is “Call” and “P-Link”, although it doesn’t explain what these functions are for yet. There are a few battle pictures of the Starters battling, and also shows that Spoink and Paras are in.”

Actually sounds believable. Love the Pokemon's typing, will definitely use it if it's real. Though the Pokemon sounds a lot like the Steel/Dark Power Ranger from Unova.

Oh wait Scraggy etc. I used it though, shows I like the typing haha

But I'm iffy about the protagonists thing because I'm still holding out for player customization meaning that there won't be protagonists art this generation.
Spoiler:
Duskaman? Dark/Fighting? Night savior of the city? It's official, the Dark type specialist is going to be a Batman expy.

Sponsored Links