Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 26th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Forever
let it go

Advertise here
I like that rumour a lot. I also really like the name of said Pokemon in Japanese, tbh. I want it to be real (and idk it just -seems- likely?) Also even with customisation, protagonists still should have main artwork though imo. They can probably just change their clothing in regards to customisation. :x
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Old January 26th, 2013, 09:45 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Everyone seems convinced that there is an Eeveelution being hinted at. I want to point out something to help discourage possible disappointment: nothing is confirmed yet. Rather than speculate about this Eeveelution that some are absolutely certain is coming from this Japanese series I can't watch (nor would I understand it if I did), wait for them to at least ANNOUNCE that there is an Eeveelution coming. When they do that, THEN is the time to speculate about what it could be. At this point, many of you are setting yourselves up for absolute disappointment when the Eeveelution doesn't materialize.

Wait for news, THEN speculate.

Cyclone
"Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 26th, 2013, 10:46 PM
Forever
let it go

Nothing wrong with speculation in the X and Y chat and speculation thread imo. ;)

Plus if we want things hard enough they happen, or at least GF might see our pleas!
Old January 26th, 2013, 10:55 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I agree with Nica, the whole point of this thread is to speculate anything that may happen. If we were to limit it to what we already have confirmed, we would have very little to talk about. Also, in more agreeance (okay, so that isn't a word but...), GameFreak might take more notice if heaps of people want something.
Old January 27th, 2013, 12:05 AM
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
I am really disappointed with the lack of news. Now, i don't want a massive reveal yet but it's starting to dull out a little.
Old January 27th, 2013, 02:49 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluerang1 View Post
But I'm iffy about the protagonists thing because I'm still holding out for player customization meaning that there won't be protagonists art this generation.
They could always have art for the default looks. It could be what is considered canon (so they'll show up in the anime or be referenced in later games) but you can still customize them.
Looking for X & Y friends, friend code is: 2964-8571-0102
Send me a pm if you add me.
Old January 27th, 2013, 03:19 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mujahid View Post
I am really disappointed with the lack of news. Now, i don't want a massive reveal yet but it's starting to dull out a little.
I agree, they should just release a little something to give use more to talk about.
Old January 27th, 2013, 03:33 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluerang1 View Post
Rumor to sink your teeth into.

Spoiler:
Ryuusei on January 26, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Another rumor popped up on 4chan awhile ago, this one is less “ambitious” than the previous one I brought up, but slightly more believable as it deals with the Movie 16 “hidden Pokemon”.

————————

“This information was sent to me from a correspondent in Japan, who has obtained early information on what the next issue of CoroCoro will obtain, which focuses on Movie 16. This is a transcript of the information he provided me with.

First off, CoroCoro this issue mainly focuses on the star of Movie 16 alongside Genesect, the Superman Pokemon “Duskaman”. Duskaman is the romanized name that appears in CoroCoro (and will probably be similar to the English name like previous stars), and its raw Japanese name is Dasukaman (ダスカマン). Here is the information CoroCoro provides:

Species: “Superman” (Choujin ちょうじん) Pokemon.
Type: Dark/Fighting
Height: 1.9m
Weight: 78.4kg

My correspondent describes it looking very humanoid, with its main stream-lined body being mostly black apart from its white face, white hands, and white feet, and the front of its chest which has a red circle on its chest and another red crescent below it. It has horns on its head which fold back in a “V” shape, and it has a red Mohawk that comes from the back of its head and crosses between the horns and sticks out in the front. It has rather dull looking eyes, semi-circles with little black pupils in them. Finally, it has two red streamers coming from its back that resembles a scarf, but another picture of Duskaman shows that they can transform into wings.

There is the official Sugimori Art included, showing it striking a “Henshin”-style pose, and pictures of it drawn in anime form, including one showing how its scarf transforms into wings. There is also artwork showing it in winged-form flying away from the Genesect Army, as well as Ash and Iris riding Charizard and Dragonite and battling alongside him. CoroCoro talks about how Duskaman is the “night savior of the city”, and appears in a flash of crimson red to battle against the leader of the Genesect. There seems to be a connection between the two Pokemon as they’re both described as being crimson red. The new title is roughly “The Extreme Speed Genesect X Superman Duskaman (神速のゲノセクトX超人ダスカマン). The X is actually shining blue, resembling the Pokemon X logo, interestingly enough, while Genesect and Duskaman’s names are colored red.

Next issue promises more information on the film, and hints at revealing another Pokemon (unknown if it’s in the Movie, the Mini-Movie, or X/Y).

In terms of X/Y information, this issue is very sparse apart from showing the official artwork of the male and female protagonists, and some more screen-shots of them walking around the Paris-styled town, including visiting what appears to be a museum, standing atop the Eiffel Tower-like structure showing a nice view of the of the region, and walking alongside a beach. There’s also a look at the new battle screen, which shows that the HP Bars now appear on the bottom screen with little Boxsprites of the Pokemon next to them, and there’s two new buttons available as well on the menu which is “Call” and “P-Link”, although it doesn’t explain what these functions are for yet. There are a few battle pictures of the Starters battling, and also shows that Spoink and Paras are in.”

Actually sounds believable. Love the Pokemon's typing, will definitely use it if it's real. Though the Pokemon sounds a lot like the Steel/Dark Power Ranger from Unova.

Oh wait Scraggy etc. I used it though, shows I like the typing haha

But I'm iffy about the protagonists thing because I'm still holding out for player customization meaning that there won't be protagonists art this generation.
Hm... the rumor does actually sound more believable, but even if this does confirm that it's true, it won't be an Eeveelution. It'll be something more like how Lucario and Zoroark was like.

It would be nice for something like that to happen, but unfortunately anything that comes from 4chan is usually false. I remember the day when they revealed a screenshot of the English Pokémon names in the Pokédex with names like "Boarbecue" and stuff in Black/White.

There are some people on 4chan that do indeed love to spread rumors that they're imagining inside their head, they probably can't stop themselves and just love to speak out their imagination... which is nice, but I would appreciate it if those people said that they were speculating rather than claiming that they know about it.

And there will indeed be some rumors that the people would have worked really hard to make it seem like the real deal.

And wait, Charizard?! I have never seen Charizard in a movie since during the original series.

But anyways, if this does confirm to be true, then by the time the next CoroCoro is released, it'll appear on the official English Pokémon X and Pokémon Y website.
[Platinum Lucario's Signature]
Researching the NDS ROMs...

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 27th, 2013, 04:35 AM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
That rumor sounds interesting but I'm finding it hard to believe, especially with all those other rumors we had prior to the announcement.
Old January 27th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
That rumor is interesting, to say the least. I do like the sound of the Pokemon, its kinda like what they did with the Pawniard line, giving us a Human-esque design coupled with a very strong Kamen Rider reference. I do believe the juiciest bit of that rumor is the bottom screen, as the HP going down there sounds quite exciting, and I wonder what the P-Link is. Maybe its that bonding feature Masuda referenced? Like your Pokemon bonds allow for a stronger attack or something, like gang up...
Old January 27th, 2013, 06:20 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
That rumor sounds interesting but I'm finding it hard to believe, especially with all those other rumors we had prior to the announcement.
I find it hard to believe as well. Fun to speculate about though.
Old January 27th, 2013, 06:27 AM
SpitfireYoshi

What would be the type of the new eeveelution if their is one? Dragon? Fighting? Bug? Steel? Rock? They all sound weird for eevee. Only good ones would either be flying or ghost...
Old January 27th, 2013, 06:30 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitfireYoshi View Post
What would be the type of the new eeveelution if their is one? Dragon? Fighting? Bug? Steel? Rock? They all sound weird for eevee. Only good ones would either be flying or ghost...
I don't think steel, rock, ground or poison sound too weird. Bug is on the other hand.
Old January 27th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

It's from 4chan. I take information from there with a grain of sugar.

Cyclone
"Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 27th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Forever
let it go

Well despite it being from 4chan, this one does sound a little more likely than previous ones. :x
Old January 27th, 2013, 07:36 AM
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
You know, if that rumour is real, it might be the knight thing seen in that statue outside that castle-type building? You know, the one with the Eevee and stuff.

Old January 27th, 2013, 07:43 AM
scorched4lif
Unhatched Egg

has anyone wondered what the new battle mechanic Nintendo mention about the bond between your Pokemon will make it stronger will actually do
Old January 27th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil View Post
That rumor is interesting, to say the least. I do like the sound of the Pokemon, its kinda like what they did with the Pawniard line, giving us a Human-esque design coupled with a very strong Kamen Rider reference. I do believe the juiciest bit of that rumor is the bottom screen, as the HP going down there sounds quite exciting, and I wonder what the P-Link is. Maybe its that bonding feature Masuda referenced? Like your Pokemon bonds allow for a stronger attack or something, like gang up...
Even if this rumor does turn out false, I still believe the HP Bar being moved to the lower screen is a likely possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Well despite it being from 4chan, this one does sound a little more likely than previous ones. :x
Perhaps one could say it sounds a little too likely?
Old January 27th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
Yup, not trusting it. Has any 4chan rumor EVER proven true ? They've had some likely ones in the past too.
Old January 27th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mujahid View Post
Yup, not trusting it. Has any 4chan rumor EVER proven true ? They've had some likely ones in the past too.
Never really. Rumors this early never turn out true, be it 4chan or otherwise. Of course there was one exception on the internet with Smash Bros Brawl on gamefaqs, but that's it.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39.../gamefaqs2.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
Even if this rumor does turn out false, I still believe the HP Bar being moved to the lower screen is a likely possibility.
Yeah, that's kinda what I meant. The HP bar not showing up on the top screen from the trailer made me think that from the start. Perhaps also why the rumor can be further discredited, meaning the lack of an HP bar in the trailer could be the basis for it.
Old January 27th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
I sincerely hope the rumor is true, because we really need a Lucario clone in Gen VI for traditional reasons started by Movie 8.
Credit goes to KhanadianDaleks of imgur for the gif
Old January 27th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorched4lif View Post
has anyone wondered what the new battle mechanic Nintendo mention about the bond between your Pokemon will make it stronger will actually do
Yeah I do wonder what it means but if they add an extra "friendship" meter which increases attack power I'm not really a fan of that as I mentioned somewhere else.
Old January 27th, 2013, 10:14 AM
RandomDSdevel

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Fabio View Post
They need to keep using it and keep pushing it for the system to become a success though. However, it is exciting!
What I think is cool about Nintendo Direct broadcasts is that Nintendo posts archives of them to the 3DS's Nintendo eShop and the Wii's Nintendo Channel along with whatever their equivalent on the Wii U is after the live broadcast. That makes Nintendo news a lot more accessible, especially to 3DS owners whose device can't run videos inside their Internet Browser app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
Whoever owns this domain is probably gonna get a huge pay cheque from Nintendo.

Is it only me who thinks Froakie, or at least it's evolutions, are going to be Water/Electric? I'm pretty sure that move it uses against a Patrat in the announcement video is an electric type move.

I'd also reeeaaally be happy if they only introduced, say, 60 to 70 new Pokémon (not counting any possible evolutions or pre-evolutions).

Also, on the topic of (pre)evolutions, I kind of would like to see some Gen 4 and 5 (pre)evolutions. Something for Throh/Sawk would be cool, same with maybe Basculin and a pre-evolution of Cryoganol could be cool.
I think that it would be great if GameFreak started designing evolution chains that link the generations together. Also, why hasn't the company explained where the starters come from? Generation I had three elemental reptiles for its starters, so they could have a shared pre-evolution, but what about all of the other generatiion's starters? I guess Torchic and Piplup are kind of all along the same lines, but where's the grass bird? Maybe there could be some sort of Tropius pre-evo…?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Nintendo has moved on to the 3DS, so if anyone is surprised over that move, then...you really shouldn't be.

As for those legendaries, I'm quite impressed. And I hope to God they aren't Dragon types ugh. But they look unique compared to the last two generations and I hope any other legendaries that come around this gen are just are awesome looking. And I love how the mascots don't look a thing like each other. Most mascots seem to be connected in some way, bar Lugia and Ho-Oh (unless I'm forgetting something?), and these guys don't seem to be. I kind of hope they're not. The idea of the mascot Pokemon being in relation to one another is getting to be a tired idea imo, so it'd be great if they were unrelated. But that might be just me.
Weren't Ho-oh and Lugia both birds?

Last edited by RandomDSdevel; January 27th, 2013 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 27th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
I sincerely hope the rumor is true, because we really need a Lucario clone in Gen VI for traditional reasons started by Movie 8.
I wouldn't necessarily call two movies (Lucario and the Mystery of Mew and Zoroark: Master of Illusions) starring a Pokémon similar to Lucario a tradition. While I would like to see a Pokémon like this again, in no way is it needed in my opinion. To be honest, it sort of lacks creativity on their behalf if they're just to make a Lucario clone for each generation now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomDSdevel View Post
Weren't Ho-oh and Lugia both birds?
I think what Sydian meant by her remark was that Ho-oh and Lugia's mythology in their respective games aren't as linked or intertwined like most recent legendary mascots have been. They more or less stand on their own.

Last edited by Guy; January 27th, 2013 at 10:57 AM.
Old January 27th, 2013, 11:01 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I always saw Lucario as the Togetic of it's generation, having a baby form than evolving with happiness. Zoroark is kind of similar except it has a set level. I do hope we get a brand new line with a baby and one evolution. Also a Lucario evolution would be nice.
Stand for Life
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here