Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 27th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
I wouldn't necessarily call two movies (Lucario and the Mystery of Mew and Zoroark: Master of Illusions) starring a Pokémon similar to Lucario a tradition. While I would like to see a Pokémon like this again, in no way is it needed in my opinion. To be honest, it sort of lacks creativity on their behalf if they're just to make a Lucario clone for each generation now.
Yet starter trios, regional rodents/birds, Pikachu clones, legendary trios, pseudo-legendaries, mascot legendaries, mirage/event legendaries aren't?
Credit goes to KhanadianDaleks of imgur for the gif
Old January 27th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
Yet starter trios, regional rodents/birds, Pikachu clones, legendary trios, pseudo-legendaries, mascot legendaries, mirage/event legendaries aren't?
We've had more than half of those since the start of Pokémon. Those are what you'd call a tradition since they've been carried on through every generation thus far. It's become something we can expect to see. Whereas Lucario was only introduced in Gen IV and Zoroark in Gen V. It's not something we can say is a tradition that we can continue to expect as of yet or something that necessarily warrants need as you said.
Old January 27th, 2013, 11:43 AM
iTeruri
iAm

Nature: Relaxed
I hope that for this game they'll finally let us choose between the metric and imperial systems when viewing Pokémon data in the Pokédex. Seems like a small thing to do, but it helps a lot. I don't want to sit there trying to figure out how tall/heavy a Pokémon is, converting feet to centimeters and trying to remember how long an inch is, etc. Instead I just look it up on a site like Bulbapedia, which thankfully shows both.
Old January 27th, 2013, 12:39 PM
RandomDSdevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manipulation View Post
I wonder what the 'Pikachu' type Pokémon of this generation will be like. (I mean as a mascot.)
Let's see: we've had Pikachu and Raichu from Generation I, Pichu from Generation II, Plusle and Minun from Generation III, Pachirisu from Generation IV, and Emolga from Generation V. So, GameFreak has introduced electric mice, electric mice/rabbit/chipmunk things (what exactly are Plusle and Minun again?), and electric flying squirrels into the Pokémon series. What kinds of rodents does that leave us to want to see electrified by GameFreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
If there is one I wonder which will be the next Eeveelution type, I can't see them leaving it out for another generation.
Speaking of types, having the 17 of them is kind of odd, don't you think? Maybe they should add one or three (not two, that'd give us another odd number!) new types to make the number of types nice and even. Maybe that's just me, though, 'cause 17 is prime, so I guess that's special, mathematically speaking. Wait, maybe it doesn't really matter unless you're a math geek–eh-heh, oops…

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post
I'm genuinely surprised that we haven't had more Eeveelutions yet. I'm expecting Dragon to be the next one tbh. I really want a Poison and Ghost one though. <3

Also

This literally looks like the product of Virizion and Keldeo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchisou Yutohru View Post
Looks more like a Sawsbuck meets Dialga meets Virizion.
Actually, the legs reminded me of Deoxys, and Sawsbuck is a deer, so…Sawseoxys/Deoxibuck?

Last edited by RandomDSdevel; January 27th, 2013 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 27th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

One thing that I'd love to see in X/Y is more dynamic music. One of my favourite memories from B/W was talking to the people in Accumula Town and hear how the background music changed. Village Bridge is also epic when you get all four musicians up and playing.

I mean, imagine a place in a major city. A place you visit often, such as Nimbasa City in B/W or Goldenrod in G/S/C. When you first arrive, a single guy stands there, softly playing his trusty violin. It may be in a silent place (empty building) or on the street, playing in tandem with the city background music. He is lonely because he has nobody to play with, and ask you, a traveler, to ask around in the region for other people who like to play music.

In the next town, you find a guy with another instrument (flute, clarinet, trumpet, bass, what have you), standing silent because he has nobody to play with. When you talk to him, you tell him about the other musician, and he heads to the city to join him. The next time you visit the place, the two stand there, playing their song together.

And so it goes. In the cities, at landmarks, inside forests and caves ("I came here to practise. I wish I had somebody to play with."), even at the Pokémon league. All over the region, there are people with a desire to join a band, each with a different instrument (some instruments might show up twice). Some could even be version-exclusive, and appear in Pokémon centres after you trade/battle with people who own the other version. Perhaps some could also be event-exclusive!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 27th, 2013, 01:35 PM
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
So who's up for the sexy beast on the right of this photo finally becoming reality?
Old January 27th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
One thing that I'd love to see in X/Y is more dynamic music. One of my favourite memories from B/W was talking to the people in Accumula Town and hear how the background music changed. Village Bridge is also epic when you get all four musicians up and playing.

I mean, imagine a place in a major city. A place you visit often, such as Nimbasa City in B/W or Goldenrod in G/S/C. When you first arrive, a single guy stands there, softly playing his trusty violin. It may be in a silent place (empty building) or on the street, playing in tandem with the city background music. He is lonely because he has nobody to play with, and ask you, a traveler, to ask around in the region for other people who like to play music.

In the next town, you find a guy with another instrument (flute, clarinet, trumpet, bass, what have you), standing silent because he has nobody to play with. When you talk to him, you tell him about the other musician, and he heads to the city to join him. The next time you visit the place, the two stand there, playing their song together.

And so it goes. In the cities, at landmarks, inside forests and caves ("I came here to practise. I wish I had somebody to play with."), even at the Pokémon league. All over the region, there are people with a desire to join a band, each with a different instrument (some instruments might show up twice). Some could even be version-exclusive, and appear in Pokémon centres after you trade/battle with people who own the other version. Perhaps some could also be event-exclusive!
While the dynamic is perfectly fine, and I wouldn't mind some of it myself, the real question to be asking is if they're gonna bring back ambient sounds. HGSS was brilliant in that regard, and I loved how you can hear the water sloshing about, or the faint noise of your footsteps changing depending on the terrain.
Old January 27th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Jim Boob
Freelance Mapper

Send a message via Skype™ to Jim Boob
I agree the sounds on black and white were comparatively poor, looking forward to being able to listen again.
Happy to help mapping & scripting.
My Maps -
Deviant art
Old January 27th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I like how they introduced vocals into the soundtracks in BW & B2W2, especially in Roxie & Elesas' Gyms. I'm hoping they carry this over to these games, it's certainly something different to the previous generic soundtracks and can be expanded upon too.
Old January 27th, 2013, 03:18 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I always saw Lucario as the Togetic of it's generation, having a baby form than evolving with happiness. Zoroark is kind of similar except it has a set level. I do hope we get a brand new line with a baby and one evolution. Also a Lucario evolution would be nice.
I wouldn't say Togetic, after all, we didn't see one in the anime until Hoenn.
Old January 27th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by François View Post
So who's up for the sexy beast on the right of this photo finally becoming reality?
That makes me think, imagine how bizarre it would be if they leaked a rumour about a pokemon with a picture during the lead up to one of the older gens with the intention of it being found as a fake...

and then a few generations later they reveal it as a real pokemon, just that it was revealed very early.
Looking for X & Y friends, friend code is: 2964-8571-0102
Send me a pm if you add me.
Old January 27th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
I like how they introduced vocals into the soundtracks in BW & B2W2, especially in Roxie & Elesas' Gyms. I'm hoping they carry this over to these games, it's certainly something different to the previous generic soundtracks and can be expanded upon too.
YES! I thought that adding vocals into B2W2 music was such a step forward for GameFreak. I might be disappointed if they don't carry this over into X and Y. After all, the 3DS would be a much better system for this since they can operate with higher sound quality.
Old January 27th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Hikamaru
I have not had my teeth whitened!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Yeah, I did love the whole B/W and B2/W2 soundtrack in general. Let's hope the X/Y soundtrack isn't a major disappointment.
Old January 27th, 2013, 04:50 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

I'm sure it'll be wonderful, the Pokémon soundtracks always are.
Old January 27th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Rϵd
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
You guys are talking about soundtracks? The mystery dungeon soundtrack is the best soundtrack in my opinion. I like the Heart Gold/Soul Silver vs Red/Lance too. I hope they make cool soundtrack like those in X and Y.

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server

I am gone bye
Old January 27th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by François View Post
Oh so THIS is why. Ya no definitely no make it never any sort of reality EVER. :( I would be so disappointed lmao.
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Old January 27th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
That's another feature I always look forward to in new games, music. Theres always that one soundtrack that I love when a new game comes along and from all the games, there isn't one soundtrack that I dislike.
Old January 27th, 2013, 06:31 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

I wonder if they'll have one dominant instrument like Hoenn which had an ambudance of Trumpets equal to it's amount of water.
I hope the champ's theme isn't cutesy...I want something like the pre gen V champs.
Also the E4 should have it's theme turned up to 11. I always look forward to the league's themes (champ and E4) and the legends.
Stand for Life
Old January 27th, 2013, 06:38 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

I liked the B2/W2 Champion music.

I hope they how some sort of Jukebox feature, where we can listen to music from other games too.
Old January 27th, 2013, 07:47 PM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

The B2W2 Champion music was neat...hopefully X/Y will keep it up.
What is this, some sort of basketball manga?
Old January 27th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I liked the B2/W2 Champion music.

I hope they how some sort of Jukebox feature, where we can listen to music from other games too.
I'd not mind this, because really I'd love to listen to Unova again. But based on how awesome Unova was, it's likely that this region in terms of music will be just as amazing. n_n
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Old January 27th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Hikamaru
I have not had my teeth whitened!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by .EJ View Post
The B2W2 Champion music was neat...hopefully X/Y will keep it up.
Yeah, I loved that music from the Champion Iris battle, it sounded nothing like your stereotypical Champion battle music.

And the idea of a Jukebox for previous gen music would sound nice, especially if all the older gens' tunes are remastered cos I want to see what all the old music would sound like with the new technology.
Old January 27th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Oh my, the Iris Battle Theme! xD

Wow it was brilliant! Some Champion Battle theme similar to that in Pokémon X and Y might make it even better, depending on how the Champion's room looks like. 'Cause as for Iris in B2/W2, it was more a space-theme, so whichever music that would fit the room that the champion is in would make the battle x10 better.

So it makes me wonder... I wonder what kind of theme would the Champion's room have in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y? I better hope it's something even more spectacular. xD
[Platinum Lucario's Signature]
Researching the NDS ROMs...

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 27th, 2013, 09:15 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

It was too happy for my taste. Hope the champion is a girl to help balance out the champions gender ratio. Maybe she's the proffesor! That'll be a shocker...

I'm hoping the music will be more like Sinnoh's.
Stand for Life
Old January 27th, 2013, 11:49 PM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Hope will never die! ~Lucina

Nature: Quiet
I'm hoping for a cool looking calm headed male champion, who is smart and uses strategies and stuff like that. I hope this doesn't sound sexist, but I feel like I've had enough of female champions for now. I know only 2 out of the 3 latest games have had female champs, and all the games before had males, but I wasn't a fan of Alder and they have used Cynthia like butter on bread, and Iris has shown up heaps too. I would like a Champion like Steven. Cool, calm, collected, intelligent and uses great strategies and has a tough team. I'd like someone who you feel like you could really look up to.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here