The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 28th, 2013, 12:04 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I'd not mind this, because really I'd love to listen to Unova again. But based on how awesome Unova was, it's likely that this region in terms of music will be just as amazing. n_n
I'd like to hear music from all games. I liked how you could listen to the Team Rocket theme in B/W.
Old January 28th, 2013, 12:05 AM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I did like the fact they had female Champions in most of the recent games (girl power yay!) but maybe if we were to have another male, it should be someone more like Steven since most of the past male Champions were too similar in terms of character.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Old January 28th, 2013, 12:14 AM
Starry Windy
Show your Victory!
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10
but maybe if we were to have another male, it should be someone more like Steven since most of the past male Champions were too similar in terms of character.
Agreed. I think they should make one cool male Pokemon Champion if they want to make one.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old January 28th, 2013, 12:30 AM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Ω & α... Join the Bandwagon!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zupplu View Post
I'm hoping for a cool looking calm headed male champion, who is smart and uses strategies and stuff like that. I hope this doesn't sound sexist, but I feel like I've had enough of female champions for now. I know only 2 out of the 3 latest games have had female champs, and all the games before had males, but I wasn't a fan of Alder and they have used Cynthia like butter on bread, and Iris has shown up heaps too. I would like a Champion like Steven. Cool, calm, collected, intelligent and uses great strategies and has a tough team. I'd like someone who you feel like you could really look up to.
Like I said earlier, a Steven esque champ would be cool.
Old January 28th, 2013, 01:19 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

I think having the professor as the champion would be too confusing, an ex-champion however...
Old January 28th, 2013, 02:54 AM
Forever
let it go

Yeah the person telling you to go out on your journey just so they can beat you? Kinda doesn't make sense. :( This is mainly because I see the professor as more of a mentor than anything really
Old January 28th, 2013, 03:17 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Plus, I don't see the professor having enough time for both things.
Old January 28th, 2013, 03:22 AM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Nah, it doesn't suit the professor to have both roles of a Professor and a Champion. It's much more suited to a childhood friend/rival or someone who meets up with you several times throughout your adventure.

Old January 28th, 2013, 03:32 AM
Forever
let it go

Yeah plus it's more motivational if someone you watched grow and went with on a journey grew up to be the champion. :)
Old January 28th, 2013, 03:51 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

I don't want a repeat of R/B/Y again to be honest.
Old January 28th, 2013, 04:16 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
This may or may not resemble the events in Black and White where we had to battle N after he had defeated Alder, but what if we had the evil organization's leader as the region's champion?

It shouldn't have to play out the same way as Black and White. Instead, this champion ended up becoming corrupted at some point in his time as the region's champ and only wanted to grow more powerful. In doing so he formulated his own organization and searched out new ways for power - genetically enhanced ways. Maybe he had even grown up with a mother or father who was a scientist in Pokémon genetics. He plays nice with the people and the protagonist, but secretly he has been doing some very dark things behind everyone's back and it isn't known until we discover he's the leader of said organization.

Which probably wouldn't happen until after we defeat the Elite 4, because if it happened any time before that, then the League probably wouldn't welcome him back.
Old January 28th, 2013, 04:29 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
This may or may not resemble the events in Black and White where we had to battle N after he had defeated Alder, but what if we had the evil organization's leader as the region's champion?

It shouldn't have to play out the same way as Black and White. Instead, this champion ended up becoming corrupted at some point in his time as the region's champ and only wanted to grow more powerful. In doing so he formulated his own organization and searched out new ways for power - genetically enhanced ways. Maybe he had even grown up with a mother or father who was a scientist in Pokémon genetics. He plays nice with the people and the protagonist, but secretly he has been doing some very dark things behind everyone's back and it isn't known until we discover he's the leader of said organization.

Which probably wouldn't happen until after we defeat the Elite 4, because if it happened any time before that, then the League probably wouldn't welcome him back.
Idk, it feels too much like Pokémon Colosseum tbh.
Old January 28th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Forever
let it go

Hmmm this is unrelated to the champions, but I wanted to add in that I'm extremely excited about hearing more rumours, rather than actually information? I mean I love information and all, but the stuff that comes out of rumours and the things you can hope for is just so much more exciting. I mean, will we get Pokemon rumours? :3 And soon?? I love images of Pokemon rumours from like CoroCoro idc if they're fake but daym they're exciting. Actually I hope we get fake leaks or really early leaks of CoroCoro next month just because EXCITING.
Old January 28th, 2013, 08:42 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
The champs have been quite varied in personality in imo.
Blue- Jerkish childhood friend
Red-...
Lance- Calm but can kick butt when he has to (well all of them can)
Steven- Cool, and relaxed stone obsessive rich boy
Wallace- Likes beauty and elegance
Cynthia- Relaxed, likes myths and going to resorts
Alder- Is like a grandfather
Iris- Peppy, and cheerful but can get angry if one messes with Pokemon.

Maybe we can have a champ who's sort of a loner making the player want to learn more about her/him.
Old January 28th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I think it's intentional that they make the Champions with different personalities and background, it gives us more of a diversity mixture. It will be interesting to see how they decide to portray the new champion.

Old January 28th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I would love it if the new champion would be the leader of the evil organization! Though this adds the extra challenge of not only beating the elite 4, but the evil organization's leader as well~! Would this evil leader be another Giovanni, perhaps(since Giovanni was the last gym leader in Kanto)? Or maybe someone more sinister...
Old January 28th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Community Supporter

Maybe the champ will be King...though N was sort of like that seeing how he beat Alder in BW and called himself the new champion of Unova irc.
Old January 28th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Yeah the person telling you to go out on your journey just so they can beat you? Kinda doesn't make sense. This is mainly because I see the professor as more of a mentor than anything really
"I have to tell you, <player>...I was once the Champion! It didn't last long, the current Champion beat me two days later, so I became a professor! Now go out and squash him!"

Something like that?

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 28th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
I am angry! I want a dolphin water starter! And now I won't ever get one as this is probably the last generation.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old January 28th, 2013, 10:23 AM
RandomDSdevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinosaurus View Post
Graphics aside there's one thing I hope they fix: The encounters. I've said it in one thread, but they better get rid of random encounters. It's a dated and tired mechanics, one that has no purpose and is just annoying. They got 3D models, so it can't be hard to make them visible in the overworld. This way you get to choose if you want to fight them or not, without having to click the run button 10 times every 5 minutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
Random encounters is a common thing for JRPGs, and it also ruins the feeling of being patient to catch a rare Pokemon (not to mention game-breaker material).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinosaurus View Post
You ever played any modern JRPG? I'm 99% sure Pokemon is the ONLY RPG that still uses random encounters.

You don't need random encounter to get surprised of getting a rare Pokemon nor does do you need to it to reward patience. **** just seeing it in the overworld alone is a surprise on its own, and if they don't want you to catch it easily it can run away instead of trying to attack you. I know in Persona 3 when you find a rare shadow it'll run away right when it sees you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
It would be good to interact with Wild Pokemon rather than having encounters but from the images, it still looks like there are grass patches for it.
Why don't we compromise over this and think about what the Pokémon would be like if its monsters popped out of the overworld's grass just before the game switched into battle mode?
Old January 28th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konekodemon View Post
I am angry! I want a dolphin water starter! And now I won't ever get one as this is probably the last generation.
Why do you say that? If it remains popular, and there are still more ideas out there, there could be a 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th generation.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 28th, 2013, 10:55 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konekodemon View Post
I highly doubt that'll ever happen. All starter Pokémon have been able to walk on land at this point, and well a dolphin (unless they do something weird to it) a can't.
Old January 28th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomDSdevel View Post
Why don't we compromise over this and think about what the Pokémon would be like if its monsters popped out of the overworld's grass just before the game switched into battle mode?
It sort of looked like that's what was going on with the wild Pikachu in the trailer.

Yeah and I wanted a flightless Grass bird last gen, and a Fire snake for this one but I still have my hopes they'll come around...eventually, maybe not as starters but plain Pokémon.
Old January 28th, 2013, 11:09 AM
mozartm99

Nature: Lax
This is off subject, but in the trailer, who realized that the main character was roller skating at one point? I wonder if this is replacing the bike or running shoes, or if it is just gonna be a third option.
Friendship dies and true love lies
Night will fall and dark will rise
when a good man goes to war
Demons run, but count the cost
the battle's won, but the child is lost.
Old January 28th, 2013, 11:11 AM
RandomDSdevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyaki View Post
I just realized something.

The names for the starters are in English.

Since the they said worldwide in October, now I'm wondering how is Gamefreak actually working on this game in order to be able to send it out worldwide in the same month!?
Didn't they release every single regional name variant of the starters with the trailer? I noticed that screenshots of that point in the Japanese version of the trailer have the Japanese name in a bigger font at the top instead of the English name, so I think that GameFreak has every name for the starters finalized (or nearly so.)
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here