Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
I'm sure they will. Like I said, they're pregnant with a game. They'll get really hormonal as we get closer to the birth.
And the baby has 10,000,000 fathers?

Cyclone
"Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 8th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
And the baby has 10,000,000 fathers?

Cyclone
It's understandable that all the game developers are parents of the game itself, especially how X and Y is going to be born from Game Freak soon. xD
[Platinum Lucario's Signature]
Researching the NDS ROMs...

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Sarah Morgan
Mime Jr.

I'm so excited this is the best new I've heard all week
Pokemon White 2: Sarah
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:36 PM
kelario27
20% Cooler
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to kelario27
My prediction:

X and Y will be released. Sales will be great to begin with, but people will find that what little they left in B/W after removing all the cool stuff from Gen IV has been removed as well. Sales will drop dramatically after people who bought it begin badmouthing it to their friends.

Game Freak will release a third version, Z, which in an attempt to try and save face, will bring back the Emerald Battle Frontier in a new layout, as well as some Gen IV elements removed in B/W. People will be enticed by this, but will, as with X/Y, begin badmouthing it to their friends because though they put the Battle Frontier back, it's severely limited/difficult and pretty much pointless.

In response to some fans' wishes for an R/S remake just 'cuz, they will release Pokémon Gemerald, a remake of Emerald (portmanteau of Gem and Emerald). No one will buy it because no one actually liked Gen III. The genwunners will win the gen war, and Pokémon sales will, for the rest of existence, be limited to eBay.
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelario27 View Post
My prediction:

X and Y will be released. Sales will be great to begin with, but people will find that what little they left in B/W after removing all the cool stuff from Gen IV has been removed as well. Sales will drop dramatically after people who bought it begin badmouthing it to their friends.

Game Freak will release a third version, Z, which in an attempt to try and save face, will bring back the Emerald Battle Frontier in a new layout, as well as some Gen IV elements removed in B/W. People will be enticed by this, but will, as with X/Y, begin badmouthing it to their friends because though they put the Battle Frontier back, it's severely limited/difficult and pretty much pointless.

In response to some fans' wishes for an R/S remake just 'cuz, they will release Pokémon Gemerald, a remake of Emerald (portmanteau of Gem and Emerald). No one will buy it because no one actually liked Gen III. The genwunners will win the gen war, and Pokémon sales will, for the rest of existence, be limited to eBay.
I don't think so. People loved B/W and even got B2/W2 without all the fancy things, and who says X&Y won't get them either?
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:41 PM
kelario27
20% Cooler
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to kelario27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I don't think so. People loved B/W and even got B2/W2 without all the fancy things, and who says X&Y won't get them either?
Well as I said, it's just a prediction. I can't prove it's gonna happen. But I won't be surprised if it does.
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:54 PM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher

Guys, I think I found my new favorite legendary Pokemon.

Many fans were thinking of genetic mutation as X and Y may point to the human chromosome. I think it is a possible conflict led by the villainous team. What do you think?

X and Y will open new horizon for Pokemon like what DPPt did for the physical/special split. X and Y will usher in a new era, that I am sure.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:55 PM
Echidna
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
No offense, but this isn't true. A lot of people loved Gen III. ;p

Old January 8th, 2013, 11:02 PM
Urugamosu
Smiles are free, you know~
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
True, and to date the Gen 3 titles are still my favorite.

Adventures, are sometimes even the simplest things.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:05 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEDRO12 View Post
No offense, but this isn't true. A lot of people loved Gen III. ;p
I agree, they were some of my favourites. I think that X and Y will end up being one of the biggest sellers on the 3DS and boost their sales even more.
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:12 PM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
My prediction:

As someone who's seen the release of every generation of Pokemon, I doubt it - people always have things they dislike about each generation, but people keep getting the games because there is something magical about Pokemon even with imperfections here and there.

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Didn't know where to post this link, but its interesting find by a friend.

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/01/09...ional-details/

Quote:
Yesterday, Nintendo revealed two brand-new Pokémon games – Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, which are exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS and will be launching worldwide this October. Pokémon Company President Tsunekazu Ishihara shared several tidbits on the upcoming games, which can be read below.

In addition to existing Pokemon, there will be a large number of completely new Pokemon. The additions will bring the total number of Pokemon in the franchise from the current 649 to over 700.
Because of Pokemon X and Y, the Pokemon anime, movies, card game and merchandise will “break into a new dimension.”
People around the world will be able to simultaneously experience “Real Play.”
The game will utilize the Nintendo 3DS to its maximum abilities to leverage its overwhelmingly beautiful presentation.
The game uses an innovative communication system that makes it feel as if you are playing with other players around the world.
The bonds between players and Pokemon will deepen, and Pokemon will become stronger with the new battle structure.
Everyone will enjoy the game’s scenario and music.
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:21 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

As someone mentioned before, it'll be interesting to see what happens with the anime. The time difference will be all muddled up with the worldwide release.
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:27 PM
Vintage Arachnid
im always watchin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Vintage Arachnid
Over 700 hundred, eh? Can't wait to see those.

"The bonds between players and Pokemon will deepen, and Pokemon will become stronger with the new battle structure." I'm interested in seeing how this will work, how the bonds will "deepen".

THE EXTREMELY JEALOUS PAIR OF CAREFULWETPAINT
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:32 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Maybe the anime will have 3D animation...
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:55 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post

I like the extra stuff. Even if it's not 800 or something, over 50 mons for sure is p good really considering MOST PEOPLE were going with the Rainbow rumour of 20. So scary.
Old January 9th, 2013, 12:32 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
I like the extra stuff. Even if it's not 800 or something, over 50 mons for sure is p good really considering MOST PEOPLE were going with the Rainbow rumour of 20. So scary.
I still can't believe that people thought that was real. It was so Farfetch'd. :3
Old January 9th, 2013, 12:55 AM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post

So, it is going to be just over 51 new Pokemon? That is pretty low, considering how many are normally added each Generation.
Maybe they are concentrating on content and going down the whole 'quality not quantity' route, which would make me happy.
Old January 9th, 2013, 01:13 AM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I agree, they were some of my favourites. I think that X and Y will end up being one of the biggest sellers on the 3DS and boost their sales even more.
Well, I think it'll be the boost people need to actually purchase a 3DS. The majority of DS users play Pokémon, and an overwhelming majority of those people who play it play it in part due to loyalty to the franchise. I suspect that'll be the only reason that the 3DS will get a sales boost given that, for most people (the ones that I know, anyway), there aren't that many games that interest them on the 3DS yet. If someone were to buy a system for a single game, Pokémon would definitely be the most likely to encourage people to do so. But either way, people couldn't have expected them to stay on the DS after it's been out for, what? Six, seven years? I mean, come on...
Old January 9th, 2013, 01:33 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Fabio View Post
So, it is going to be just over 51 new Pokemon? That is pretty low, considering how many are normally added each Generation.
Maybe they are concentrating on content and going down the whole 'quality not quantity' route, which would make me happy.
I don't think just that much, there will probably be below 800, but over 700, so around 100 or so really.
Old January 9th, 2013, 01:36 AM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Quote:
I don't think just that much, there will probably be below 800, but over 700, so around 100 or so really.
Yeh, I think it would be more around 100, if not spot on. It is going to be difficult to 100% this game, due to the mass number again! -___-
Old January 9th, 2013, 01:37 AM
Forever
let it go

Honestly I think I might be a little disappointed if it's exactly 100, especially after Unova bringing 150. I like change, I like new Pokemon. XD;
Old January 9th, 2013, 01:38 AM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

New Pokémon is what makes new Pokémon games so exciting. After all, the plot is pretty recycled and if you play for plot, you pretty much only really need to play one game to get the gist.
Old January 9th, 2013, 01:40 AM
Forever
let it go

Ya totally. Not the amount though but the hype and lead up in general to each announcement of new Pokemon is what I care about I just hope there's a lot of Pokemon announced not really the number but 100 still is low :x
Old January 9th, 2013, 01:40 AM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Do people not think that getting closer to 800 is starting to get excessive? Yes, they are new games but! O_O
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here