The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 28th, 2013 (11:21 AM).
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
Yea I think the names are pretty much done by now....man when do we get new info? I'm starving~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozartm99 View Post
This is off subject, but in the trailer, who realized that the main character was roller skating at one point? I wonder if this is replacing the bike or running shoes, or if it is just gonna be a third option.
Yea we've talked about it before. Some of us think it might replace the shoes, bike, or like you said maybe just a third option. We did notice but just not enough data to go off on and come up with theories lol.
Old January 28th, 2013 (11:24 AM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I highly doubt that'll ever happen. All starter Pokémon have been able to walk on land at this point, and well a dolphin (unless they do something weird to it) a can't.
There's no set pattern for the starters. Besides for the past five generations we got a lizard of somekind for grass but now it seems we've got our first mammal grass starter. Last generation we got our first water mammal, and in the one before that we got our first fire mammal (hey they made a mammal starter pattern...)
So maybe we will get legless starters next (barring Serperior as it had legs as Snivy as you said).

Anyways on this generation I'm looking forward to seeing how they'll do cutscene's, hope they don't cut off the characters like in EBWB2W2s.
Old January 28th, 2013 (11:27 AM).
mozartm99

Nature: Lax
One thing that I always wished they would improve in these games was the pokemon noises. Why can't they take the same sounds from the show and use those for the games?
Friendship dies and true love lies
Night will fall and dark will rise
when a good man goes to war
Demons run, but count the cost
the battle's won, but the child is lost.
Old January 28th, 2013 (11:41 AM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozartm99 View Post
One thing that I always wished they would improve in these games was the pokemon noises. Why can't they take the same sounds from the show and use those for the games?
Would you prefer more things to do in-game or more Pokémon noises? Personally, I choose the former.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 28th, 2013 (11:44 AM).
.EJ
Arrow<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Would you prefer more things to do in-game or more Pokémon noises? Personally, I choose the former.

Cyclone
Considering they'd just be sound clips I don't think it'd be a problem. The "stuff to do" in-game has always been relatively uninspired so it wouldn't be too much of a hassle to add in sound clips. Do you really consider calling in (for example) a Rhyhorn in its full 3-D glory and then hearing his mediocre Generation I sound appealing? Haha something to think about.
Old January 28th, 2013 (11:44 AM).
mozartm99

Nature: Lax
I guess, but why not both?
Friendship dies and true love lies
Night will fall and dark will rise
when a good man goes to war
Demons run, but count the cost
the battle's won, but the child is lost.
Old January 28th, 2013 (12:08 PM).
Sirius
Wrong Thread.

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post

Cyclone
The 3DS game cart can hold up to 8GB and considering they would be replacing the current "cries" with another sound clip, it wouldn't be taking up any more space than already being used, or at least hardly more. As for in-game content, do you really think Game Freak will put 8GB worth of data on a $40 game? Not really. A company won't put more work than necessary into a game because in the end it's still a product of a business and profit is what they're looking for. Even if they would revamp and have the pokemon say their names instead of having cries, it still wouldn't be the best of quality sounds to keep it about the same sizes as the current sound data.

Old January 28th, 2013 (12:37 PM).
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I highly doubt that'll ever happen. All starter Pokémon have been able to walk on land at this point, and well a dolphin (unless they do something weird to it) a can't.
Why? Do you have any proof they won't? Show me proof and I'll believe you. Everyone's entitled to believe whatever the heck they want whether it's right or wrong. And who says they can't make it walk on land. The starter Totodile, walks on two legs and it's based off an alligator that walks on 4 legs. So, they could do the same thing with a dolphin.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old January 28th, 2013 (02:15 PM).
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I can see a Dolphin Pokemon being more of a stand alone Pokemon with no evolutions, similar to Qwilfish, Tauros, Maractus, Miltank etc.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old January 28th, 2013 (02:42 PM).
Community Supporter

Same here, unless they do a baby dolphin.

Speaking of evolutions do you think we'll have another
Octillery/Masqerain line evolution where a pokémon turns into an entirely different species.
Old January 28th, 2013 (03:10 PM).
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Same here, unless they do a baby dolphin.

Speaking of evolutions do you think we'll have another
Octillery/Masqerain line evolution where a pokémon turns into an entirely different species.
It's definitely possible~

You know what? I actually love to see more evolutions like that; it's like, expect the unexpected, you know? Like it blewwwwwwwwwww my mind when I found out that Trapinch can evolve to Vibrava; I'd love to see more unexpected evolutions!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 28th, 2013 (03:22 PM).
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Hope will never die! ~Lucina

Nature: Quiet
Yeah, sometime the unexpected evolutions are the coolest. Like from going from Drantini to Dragonite. They look nothing alike. It adds a surprise. But they can't just get a bird and evolve it into a lizard, there has to be some reasonable thought behind it or it just looks silly!
Old January 28th, 2013 (03:39 PM).
TheRiddler
Rouge

Nature: Adamant
I was so upset when Tauros didn't evolve into bouffalant I hope they do not do that again
Old January 28th, 2013 (03:53 PM).
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I reaaaally like this idea, although it's not likely it's still a really neat evolution line.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old January 28th, 2013 (04:05 PM).
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRiddler View Post
I was so upset when Tauros didn't evolve into bouffalant I hope they do not do that again
I'm pretty sure Bouffalant is an entirely different animal that it's based on, where as Tauros was based off a male cattle.

Either way, Samurott is actually a fusion between a seal and an otter in Generation V. I surely hope nothing like that happens again to the starters. :P

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 28th, 2013 (04:16 PM).
TheRiddler
Rouge

I also want to know what new Eevee evolution we are going to get, seeing all the speculations online I hope it is either flying, fighting, or dragon. That would be so BA to see a dragon Eevee
Old January 28th, 2013 (04:22 PM).
Charlie Brown
twisted logic
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRiddler View Post
I also want to know what new Eevee evolution we are going to get, seeing all the speculations online I hope it is either flying, fighting, or dragon. That would be so BA to see a dragon Eevee
The whole thing with Eeveelutions, though, is that they adapt to their environment - that's what the Eevee line is all about. There isn't really an environment that an Eevee could adapt to that would make it evolve into a Fighting- or Dragon-type Pokemon, I'm afraid. (That said, there are environments that could result in Poison- or Ghost-type Eeveelutions, imo)
Old January 28th, 2013 (04:22 PM).
.EJ
Arrow<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konekodemon View Post
Why? Do you have any proof they won't? Show me proof and I'll believe you. Everyone's entitled to believe whatever the heck they want whether it's right or wrong. And who says they can't make it walk on land. The starter Totodile, walks on two legs and it's based off an alligator that walks on 4 legs. So, they could do the same thing with a dolphin.
In Totodile's case they based it off an animal that already has legs and made him a bipedal aka why Feraligatr still has four legs yet can walk on two. In the case of this Dolphin starter...there are no legs and it'd be a pokemon forced to live in the water.

This defeats the point of a dolphin ever being a starter pokemon for children because in the Pokemon canon the starter pokemon are supposed to be easy to train while pokemon based on fish/aquatic animals are limited to being near a body of water, or in it!

Dolphins don't live outside of water lol
Old January 28th, 2013 (04:56 PM).
RandomDSdevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Storm View Post
I'll probably be one of those people who will preorder it, but I still need to play Black 2 first...and get a 3DS too. xD

I'm actually excited about these games!
Yeah, me too (except that I haven't even played Black much yet even though I have both it and its sequal and am kind of in the middle of playing through all of the regions in order, starting with Kanto via FireRed.)
Old January 28th, 2013 (04:57 PM).
Sirius
Wrong Thread.

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konekodemon View Post
People can believe anything they want, whethere they're right or wrong, like you said. In this case you're wrong. Like others have stated, an alligator already has legs and therefore it's not a drastic change to make it just stand up on 2 and have the front legs become arms. As for a Dolphin to grow legs, that would be completely redundant as it would be evolving backwards in time and wouldn't even be a dolphin at that point. If they based the pokemon on a dolphin's ancestors that have legs, that would make sense, but having one that is simply a dolphin with legs, that wouldn't make any sense at all.

Old January 28th, 2013 (05:00 PM). Edited January 28th, 2013 by RandomDSdevel.
RandomDSdevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Well, that's interesting. Maybe it could take place in a region similar to Unova, perhaps? I do find that quite interesting, though..
I don't think so: the Eiffel Tower is presented prominently both at the beginning of and later on in the trailer; Pikachu fires his electric apocalypse attack from on top of it or a similar structure, and the male protagonist is later seen skating away from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro Bug View Post
Over 700 hundred, eh? Can't wait to see those.

"The bonds between players and Pokemon will deepen, and Pokemon will become stronger with the new battle structure." I'm interested in seeing how this will work, how the bonds will "deepen".
Maybe through a player level-up system similar to the Kanto badge 'controllable Pokémon level' limits? Though it'll probably be something more…
Old January 28th, 2013 (05:49 PM).
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
The whole thing with Eeveelutions, though, is that they adapt to their environment - that's what the Eevee line is all about. There isn't really an environment that an Eevee could adapt to that would make it evolve into a Fighting- or Dragon-type Pokemon, I'm afraid. (That said, there are environments that could result in Poison- or Ghost-type Eeveelutions, imo)
An Eevee can adapt into being a Dragon as Dragons are highly resilient. A Dragon typed Eevee would pretty much be an end all change really as Dragons can survive in roughly any terrain except Snowy terrain base on Pokemon's Logic. They can Adapt into Steel, Rock, Ground, roughly any type really. To adapt into a Fighting type it would have to live in an area where it has to pretty much fight for its life on a constant cycle.

Eevee doesn't really "Adapt" to anything when it becomes Psychic during the daytime. Night time you can say it adapted because there are drastic changes between Day and night and unless Eevee was strictly Nocturnal which defeats the purpose to "adapting to night".

Adapting is to change to your surroundings. There are manythings Eevee can do to adapt and evolve based on every type currently in use and not yet used.
Old January 28th, 2013 (06:35 PM).
Community Supporter

That's right, Espeon's adaption isn't much of a change.
Steel, maybe evolve it in a new location with lots of ore,and Dragon (meteor location?) are what I currently want to see for new eeveelutions. However the sad thing is these two plus Sinnoh's will likely not appear in the remakes as thus far post the generation remade they been left out (2nds in FrLg, qnd 4ths in HgSs).
Old January 28th, 2013 (09:46 PM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
That's right, Espeon's adaption isn't much of a change.
Steel, maybe evolve it in a new location with lots of ore,and Dragon (meteor location?) are what I currently want to see for new eeveelutions. However the sad thing is these two plus Sinnoh's will likely not appear in the remakes as thus far post the generation remade they been left out (2nds in FrLg, qnd 4ths in HgSs).
I think they will give a way to evolve Magneton, etc in all future games. Just for conveniences sake.
Old January 29th, 2013 (03:48 AM).
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I kind of think that Generation VI will only introduce one new Eeveelution, from what most of us have speculated on that short movie poster, from the last Katakana character in the title.

But I'm kind of getting this feeling that there might be two, like previous generations. But I think it would be nice even if it was just one new Eeveelution, as long as it's an Eeveelution.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links