The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 30th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I wonder what will replace Dive if they don't plan to reinstate it into Pokemon X & Y, tbh I don't even know what the purpose was for BW. Up until the announcement of X & Y I thought it was the testing grounds for RS remakes but it really had no real use other than some ruins underwater. Anyway back to my point, it could either get replaced by either a previously used HM such as Flash, Defog etc or they will introduce something new which is more likely IMO.
The ruins was the reason they added Dive. They didn't need any other reason beyond that.

As for what I'm hoping for in the new games: Cut, Fly, Surf, Strength, Rock Smash, Waterfall, Rock Climb.

I wouldn't mind Defog/Flash as HMs or as new TMs again as I used both. Each game has a set of HMs that are fairly useless. Gen 5 Surf was fairly useless as you only needed it and Waterfall after the main game.
Old January 30th, 2013, 04:05 PM
zingzags
Creator or Pokemon Serenity

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
For once, I found a Pokemon generation that I'm not ready for. I'm hoping that as more Pokemon are revealed, I'll feel better about it. I can't say the same for gen V, since I avoided spoilers, but doing that on a Pokemon forum is hard so I won't do it this time. Seems like yesterday I just discovered Petilil though. :/ Time flies.

Anyway, I'm not really excited about these games yet. I think the starters, except for Fennekin, are uggggggg-LY. But the legendary mascots look amazing actually. So eh. But the way the game looks is deterring me away from it. I'm not ready for chaaaaaaange I'm content with the moving 2D sprites I'm not ready for 3D models. sob sob sob
It feels like yesterday I was given a pikachu by Prof Oak, (and that was when Yellow came out).
Pokemon ebony
and
Xenotime:
Old January 30th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingzags View Post
It feels like yesterday I was given a pikachu by Prof Oak, (and that was when Yellow came out).
If that feels like yesterday then waiting for these games certainly won't seem long (which is a really good thing for youuu).
Old January 30th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
HMs... probably would be required items in order to progress in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, like they were in previous generations. HMs have always indicated that they're moves that can be used outside of battle.

It would be interesting if they introduced more than 8 HMs in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 30th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
It would be interesting if they introduced more than 8 HMs in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y.
Nooooo! Please, no more than eight HMs in total. D:

While Black and White didn't utilize HM's as much, I appreciated them cutting it down to six. I prefer they keep the average 6-8 HMs while having other normal moves (i.e. Dig, Sweet Scent, Headbutt, etc.) available to use outside of battle without turning them into HMs.
Old January 30th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Platinum Lucario
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post

While Black and White didn't utilize HM's as much, I appreciated them cutting it down to six. I prefer they keep the average 6-8 HMs while having other normal moves (i.e. Dig, Sweet Scent, Headbutt, etc.) available to use outside of battle without turning them into HMs.
Maybe not for the main storyline, but I'm actually thinking about having extra HMs that are only obtainable after you've finished the game to access areas that aren't normally accessible during the main story of the game.

But then again, if we removed HMs alltogether... then it would be confusing to know which TM would be able to be used outside of battle. So HMs will have to return either way. ;)

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 30th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Hikamaru
it's too cold for you here
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post

I was actually quite happy that B/W and B2/W2 had six HMs instead of the traditional eight. It gave me much more room for decent movesets for my team.

For X and Y, I'd like to see them sorta have six HMs like B/W and B2/W2 had. Also, the use of moves like Sweet Scent and Dig were kinda handy at times.

Paired with AWsquared, Isaac and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

Old January 30th, 2013, 10:36 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Flash once was an HM. They changed it to a TM probably due to limited use. In fact, I replaced Psychic (a TM move) with Flash (a TM move) for exploration of Victory Road. Once you've explored fully, and never have to go back, you can restore Psychic.
Yeah, I knew that...

One thing I really want is to be able to view battle videos online.
Old January 30th, 2013, 10:46 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
Maybe not for the main storyline, but I'm actually thinking about having extra HMs that are only obtainable after you've finished the game to access areas that aren't normally accessible during the main story of the game.
Well, that could then turn into a 16 Gym quest, if you think about it.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 31st, 2013, 03:08 AM
Platinum Lucario
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Well, that could then turn into a 16 Gym quest, if you think about it.

Cyclone
Yep, something I'm also thinking about that might happen in X and Y, if it follows that same G/S/C kind of style.

Old January 31st, 2013, 03:22 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I would love for them to do another pair of games with 16 gyms and a multiple tegion but something tells me that was just a GSC exclusive.

Old January 31st, 2013, 03:31 AM
ppooookkkkkkk
Banned

Nature: Gentle
I wonder, if we get to move in all 8 directions. Since the game is 3d.
Old January 31st, 2013, 04:11 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppooookkkkkkk View Post
I wonder, if we get to move in all 8 directions. Since the game is 3d.
Unless GameFreak has finally decided to abandon the grid system, I'm kind of doubtful. From what we saw in the video footage awhile back, it didn't seem to look as though they made the games open fielded. Then again, we only saw so much, so I could be wrong.
Old January 31st, 2013, 04:24 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

Here is a fancy idea!Since the game is most likely to be in france we might have a gargoyle pokemon!What do you think?

White 2:4814-8483-7594

3DS:4871 4138 8216

Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old January 31st, 2013, 04:37 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

I want TM28 to be Tombstoner.

Cookies for anyone who gets it.
Old January 31st, 2013, 05:09 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I want TM28 to be Tombstoner.

Cookies for anyone who gets it.
Ah, Blaine's Gym Quiz thingy ;)

Old January 31st, 2013, 06:33 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTheKing View Post
Here is a fancy idea!Since the game is most likely to be in france we might have a gargoyle pokemon!What do you think?
Well I feel like we have had stuff along those lines before, with Crimgan um, I mean Druddigon having a design like that somewhat? Or at least iirc there was one of those already, maybe I imagined it. If not, seems suitable for this generation!
Old January 31st, 2013, 06:54 AM
Vapie
Togepi

Nature: Quirky
I would love a gargoyle Pokemon! And we need a wolf Pokemon too.
Old January 31st, 2013, 07:01 AM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

Yea cool, I was gonna give Druddigon a shoutout as well for potential gargoyle pokemon! His ability being rough skin and his design overall implies ruggedness. It'd be cool to see more gargoyles though
Old January 31st, 2013, 07:21 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Speaking of Druggigon, the linkage of gargoyles to France suggests this will be either its habitat (which brings questions where the few in Unova come from, but hey, we have a Riolu habitat in B/W/B2/W2) or it will be home to a legendary Pokémon that resembles a gargoyle. Mark one of those two things as likely.

Of course, I'm not on the inside...

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 31st, 2013, 07:49 AM
Forever
let it go

Perhaps Unova and this region (which I feel is likely to begin with the letter A, G or R for some reason) are linked through a special... device. idk, or maybe parts of Unova was just inspired by this region and Crimgan had a tough life in this region and some of them migrated to Unova for peace and calm idk.
Old January 31st, 2013, 09:56 AM
Esper

Hmm. Druddigons immigrating to Unova? There are lots of parallels to the real world there, like Europeans coming to the New World and building cities and such that resembled their old lives.

deviantart blog pair
Old January 31st, 2013, 10:39 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
Hmm. Druddigons immigrating to Unova? There are lots of parallels to the real world there, like Europeans coming to the New World and building cities and such that resembled their old lives.
There you go! You brought up something I didn't consider myself there! The ones in Unova were either on Victory Road or in Dragonspiral Tower; they don't have an actual habitat. I think a pre-evo to Druggidon can have a habitat in X/Y.

Cyclone

Old January 31st, 2013, 02:25 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

At first I thought, 'Here comes Nica and her cray Unova theories again' but then I remembered Corphish and how they weren't native to Hoenn and were an introduced pest, so it could happen...
Old January 31st, 2013, 06:00 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapie View Post
I would love a gargoyle Pokemon! And we need a wolf Pokemon too.
Except we have Mightyena, though I suppose some more wolf Pokemon wouldn't kill. :x
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links