The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 3rd, 2013, 05:52 AM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure

Advertise here
There's always going to be some that people dislike to their design but then there will be many that people love too, it was exactly the same with Black & White.

Old February 3rd, 2013, 05:57 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
There's always going to be some that people dislike to their design but then there will be many that people love too, it was exactly the same with Black & White.
I'd say that's the way it goes with every new generation that comes by.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 06:03 AM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Exactly and besides, a majority of people start to dismiss any complaints they had about Pokemon designs once they've settled with the designs of that generation, I don't hear that many people complaining about the Gen V Pokemon now..

Old February 3rd, 2013, 07:15 AM
Sverige
#justiceforbionic 11.11.13

I hope they bring back Pokeball seals, as well as splitting the Pokemon Center and the PokeMart. I didn't like the combined one.

OH, and a department store. That Shopping Mall Nine (?) was really disappointing.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 07:27 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paparazzo View Post
I hope they bring back Pokeball seals, as well as splitting the Pokemon Center and the PokeMart. I didn't like the combined one.

OH, and a department store. That Shopping Mall Nine (?) was really disappointing.
I actually found it extremely convenient that they were in the same place. One stop shopping. In a place like Castelia City, I wouldn't have wanted to travel across the city just to find the other building!

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old February 3rd, 2013, 07:32 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paparazzo View Post
I hope they bring back Pokeball seals, as well as splitting the Pokemon Center and the PokeMart. I didn't like the combined one. :(

I also want Pokeball seals! I never really got into them but I liked the idea of making Pokeballs unique in a way :3
Old February 3rd, 2013, 07:46 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRforges View Post
I do like how the people who create the fakemons have better crativity then some previous real pokes (were all looking at you scraggy).
I find that hard to believe, because when it comes to fakemons, it's more difficult to find out which animal/plant/object/myth it's based off of. There's also a severe lack of hideous Pokemon (only furry-material fakemon).
Old February 3rd, 2013, 09:03 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
That's true, I remember hating Trubish. I can't think of an inanimate object worse than...okay now I just did. I hope the pokémon are more animalesk like Johto and Hoenn's.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 09:07 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
We will have some sort of idea what kind of Pokémon we'll get when it's announced just what the themes of these games are.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 09:18 AM
Forever
let it go

The themes probably won't be announced imo given that B/W's weren't iirc.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 09:20 AM
Community Supporter

I'm hoping for a defensive fighting Pokémon who can take more than one psychic attack before fainting, not sure what it'll be. Also a special oriented one would be good as it can take full advantage of focus blast.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 10:33 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

To be honest, I'm more concerned about GF trying to follow a theme for each region, as it's usually the reason why there's a lack of diversity on certain types and why some of the animals/plants/objects/myths we like to see as Pokemon are never picked. You have no idea how many people want to see a dolphin Pokemon, but no, because the region's theme somehow doesn't fit with the animal's appearance.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 10:40 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
To be honest, I'm more concerned about GF trying to follow a theme for each region, as it's usually the reason why there's a lack of diversity on certain types and why some of the animals/plants/objects/myths we like to see as Pokemon are never picked. You have no idea how many people want to see a dolphin Pokemon, but no, because the region's theme somehow doesn't fit with the animal's appearance.
The zoo theory could lead to its appearance...

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old February 3rd, 2013, 10:49 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
With that thesis, one could argue that Hoenn would have been the perfect region for a Dolphin Pokémon.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 10:49 AM
Esper

Quote:
I still think there's not been a dolphin Pokemon because in Japan some people still hunt dolphins and it's too controversial for Game Freak to want to get involved in. I don't think regions or generations or themes have much to do with what designs they go with.

deviantart blog pair
Old February 3rd, 2013, 10:59 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Idk why, but it feels like if there is a dolphin Pokémon, it will be a legendary.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 11:11 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
I still think there's not been a dolphin Pokemon because in Japan some people still hunt dolphins and it's too controversial for Game Freak to want to get involved in. I don't think regions or generations or themes have much to do with what designs they go with.
They HUNT dolphins? I am so saddened that such a beautiful animal could be treated in this fashion.

Cyclone

Old February 3rd, 2013, 11:37 AM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

Wait what, we're talking about dolphins again? Haha and yes, Hoenn would have been the perfect region for it.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 11:44 AM
Community Supporter

Right I saw that dolphin movie in science...it made me so...
But yeah Hoenn was the best in terms of climate for one...and technically Kyogre is an Orca which are related to Dolphins irc so Hoenn did sort of have one and it's a legendary too lol.

I'm hoping we get some river based creatures, I'll like to see several fish based Pokémon...that are useful. Also I see a return of Magikarp in the dex.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 11:57 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Right I saw that dolphin movie in science...it made me so...
But yeah Hoenn was the best in terms of climate for one...and technically Kyogre is an Orca which are related to Dolphins irc so Hoenn did sort of have one and it's a legendary too lol.

I'm hoping we get some river based creatures, I'll like to see several fish based Pokémon...that are useful. Also I see a return of Magikarp in the dex.
I see Magikarp's Revenge return to the Pokédex as well, especially as it was in the trailer.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 12:20 PM
gSpartan150
Intermediate Johto Trainer

Nature: Serious
I heard that there may be character customization, genetic changing, etc, etc. If you haven't noticed; in the Japanese logo has a gene-strand symbol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tshot1025 View Post
I also don't feel ready for this Gen.
I like the starters. Especially Froakie (why do they hate Froakie ;w
The good thing about this is the international release at around the same time.

I don't have a 3DS yet though, still with my Black DSi D:
Must save till then, I guess. I hope they release a 3DS - Pokemon X/Y bundle xD
Yeah I like Froakie too. I don't see why they hate Froakie. :D

Currently Playing:
Pokemon: Sapphire: I'm on Victory Road! Yay!
Friend: Codes:
Pokemon: White: 4384-6966-1020

Last edited by gSpartan150; February 3rd, 2013 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 01:23 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

I hope they include events like the Bug Catching Contest. Maybe a fishing competition?

And a park, a lovely park so I can frolic in the pretty flowers with my Pokémon and blah blah blah...
Old February 3rd, 2013, 03:04 PM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
The Bug Catching Contest? That could be interesting... I also would like the Pokemon Contest to make a return, because I haven't bought the DPP versions at all. So, yeah, more contests for the next generation would please me.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 03:13 PM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Maybe there could be some sort of Contest/Event that allow you to capture interregional Pokemon which occurs early in the game. Similar to the Bug Catching contest but allowing you to capture Pokemon from the other regions such as Cherubi, Sunkern, Tropius etc.

Old February 3rd, 2013, 05:02 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

As far as catching contests go, a fishing contest isn't too much of a stretch and hasn't been done before (we've only covered a bug catching contest for Gen II). However, this would also mean the return of those previous gen fish Pokemon besides Magikarp along with Gen VI's own fish Pokemon to unnecessarily increase the number of Water types in the regional dex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilurn View Post
The Bug Catching Contest? That could be interesting... I also would like the Pokemon Contest to make a return, because I haven't bought the DPP versions at all. So, yeah, more contests for the next generation would please me.
If there's any hope for me to see Dawn again in the anime, then that's what I want to see returned for XY.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here