Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 4th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Why not call the proffesor Pea after the plant Mendel observed genetics on. Thoguh when I think of Proffesor Pea I think of a short kid...
Say the name aloud while over a toilet.

No way.

Cyclone
"Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old February 4th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Yes, we've noticed this too and even had a discussion at one point about what the new professor's name will be. We've had Oak, Elm, Birch, Rowan, and Juniper. We also have Ivy...

(Brock: "DON'T MENTION THAT NAME!")

...sorry! I mean, we have this Orange Islands chick who used to be Brock's love interest. She is an anime exclusive as far as I know.

Back to Gen. VI. Professor Pine is an option, as the Swiss Pine is apparently a common tree in France. In fact, I'm going to say this is as good as money in the bank. My call is Pine.

Nope. Here's a list (Gym locations italicized):

- Littleroot Town
- Oldale Town
- Petalburg City
- Rustboro City
- Dewford Town
- Slateport City
- Mauville City
- Verdanturf Town
- Fallarbor Town
- Lavaridge Town
- Fortree City
- Lilycove City
- Mossdeep City
- Sootopolis City
- Pacifidlog Town
- Ever Grande City

I defy you to find a name based on a colour.

Cyclone
Hoenn doesn't really look like it has a defined theme, but Slate, Lilly, Moss, Mauve, and Rust are all special name colors. Generally paired with a common named color for specific representation with exception to mauve which is pale Lavender/Lillac (look colors named after flowers XD)

Rust Red/Rust Orange/Rust Brown
Lilly White, Lilly Pink
Moss Green, Moss brown
Slate Gray.

A lot of defining characteristics can be used for colors.
Old February 4th, 2013, 04:32 PM
ilovejirachi123
Unhatched Egg

its not that the city itself is named after a color but the name has a color in it.

off topic but you know how the 5 gens region was baced on the U.S. well do you think any other regions are based off anywhere in the world. if not why this world?

this region will be based off Europe so why do you think they would star basing the game off of real places now?
This signature has been disabled.
Signature image far too large.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by ilovejirachi123; February 4th, 2013 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 4th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejirachi123 View Post
its not that the city itself is named after a color but the name has a color in it.

off topic but you know how the 5 gens region was baced on the U.S. well do you think any other regions are based off anywhere in the world. if not why this world?

this region will be based off Europe so why do you think they would star basing the game off of real places now?
The general assumption is that the X and Y region will be based off of France or more specifically Paris due to Pikachu thunder bolting the globe from the top of the Eiffel Tower and the Eiffel Tower replica seen in the game footage. However, I'm hoping other European influences are incorporated into the region as well.

So far every region we've had has been based off of an existing location. Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Orre, and Sinnoh are each based off of different places in Japan. You can see that in the image below. And as you pointed out, Unova is based off of the US, or more specifically, New York.

Spoiler:
Old February 4th, 2013, 04:44 PM
BloodyRoyaltyandNarwhals
Normal with a hint of oddity.

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to BloodyRoyaltyandNarwhals
I'm really excited for this game. Hopefully, the villainous team will follow in Team Plasma's footsteps and be really developed. I really don't find anything that bugs me except Froakie. I just really don't like frogs. Or frog Pokemon for that matter. :/
"And then grandpa combusted into flames."
-A Great Woman
Old February 4th, 2013, 04:54 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Why not call the proffesor Pea after the plant Mendel observed genetics on. Thoguh when I think of Proffesor Pea I think of a short kid...
Yeah, you're right, that does have a childish sound to it. I also think any alliteration sounds strange also.
Old February 4th, 2013, 05:19 PM
RandomDSdevel

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I really like them both but I prefer Xerneas but I prefer Yveltal as a Pokemon in design ;__; So unfair AREN'T YOU LIFE??
How about 'Kser-knee-ous' and 'Ih-vel-tahll?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapie View Post
That would be so... awkward lol. I like Cedar or Pine. Evergreen has a nice ring to it too, but it's a bit long. What if there is no professor..... O.O
I'm reserving 'Maple' for my un-posted Fakemon project.

Last edited by RandomDSdevel; February 4th, 2013 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 4th, 2013, 05:43 PM
zoroarkrules25

I think mendel or swiss would work best here. If it is mendel maybe they are trying to make new berries to help trainers.
Old February 4th, 2013, 06:56 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Maybe they could be cross breeding berries and they could have come up with a Lum-Sitrus Berry combo that restores status and heals.
Old February 5th, 2013, 02:46 AM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Speaking of Berries, please bring back Berry Trees.
Old February 5th, 2013, 02:57 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
Speaking of Berries, please bring back Berry Trees.
I wonder how the berry trees will look like in 3D...
Old February 5th, 2013, 03:00 AM
Forever
let it go

n lum-sitrus would be bad imo. I mean things like Exeggutor would love it but... I think the current berry system is muuuuuch easier. :x
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Old February 5th, 2013, 03:06 AM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Or Berry Pots like in HGSS, I had so much motivation to actually grow and collect Berries in those games.
Old February 5th, 2013, 03:28 AM
ilovejirachi123
Unhatched Egg

bring back the berry trees but please don't bring back those silly acorns. plus wouldn it be cool if they used them in a different way then healing and raising friendship statis. maybe it could be like an iorn or a HP UP [iron= defense going up HP UP= health going up]. also earlier in the conversation you guys were talking about a friendship bar well they could also raise that don't you think.
This signature has been disabled.
Signature image far too large.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 5th, 2013, 03:40 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
Or Berry Pots like in HGSS, I had so much motivation to actually grow and collect Berries in those games.
Nah, not Berry Pots. I'd like a Villa again where I can grow some pretty berries outside.
Old February 5th, 2013, 04:11 AM
MrDollSteak
Formerly known as 11bayerf1

I'm excited about the way in which competitive battling will go.
Considering there was such a huge powercreep in Black/white,
imagine some of the insanely powerful pokemon we'll find in this
game. Either that or they just make everything average again /shrug
Old February 5th, 2013, 04:18 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejirachi123 View Post
bring back the berry trees but please don't bring back those silly acorns. plus wouldn it be cool if they used them in a different way then healing and raising friendship statis. maybe it could be like an iorn or a HP UP [iron= defense going up HP UP= health going up]. also earlier in the conversation you guys were talking about a friendship bar well they could also raise that don't you think.
So far apricorns have been only exclusive to GSC/HGSS. Unless they decide to bring it back in X and Y, we probably won't see them again. I would very much like to have berries and berry trees back again though. I didn't like how in Gen V, you could only plant and grow berries from the Dream World. That was a bit unfortunate in my opinion, especially for those who didn't go into the Dream World very often... or at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
Nah, not Berry Pots. I'd like a Villa again where I can grow some pretty berries outside.
I liked Berry Pots for its quick and easy use. Plus it was always with you, so you never had to backtrack to obtain any berries you planted a few days before. However, it was limited unlike the numerous locations we could have planted berries outside in RSE and DPPt and while I wouldn't mind seeing it again, I'd rather they go back to the original roots in berry picking/growing. It's a lot more fun that way.

I like the idea of berry blending though! Or in other words, combining two berries to create a whole new type of berry with added effects. In a lesser way, it also goes along with the whole idea of genetics. It's already a thing in real life, so it could always be possible.
Old February 5th, 2013, 04:33 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

I really want to see like a berry farm, that'd be awesome. And it goes with Nica's farm idea.
Old February 5th, 2013, 04:36 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Perhaps there will be new types of Fruit?

I did hear that grapes were quite common in France.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old February 5th, 2013, 04:39 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post

I'd like to see new berries based of common french fruit.
Old February 5th, 2013, 04:55 AM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

They could introduce Vineyards, they're commonly found in France.
Old February 5th, 2013, 05:13 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post

New fruit is good as opposed to just berries. They can get very creative in regards to what fruit could improve/enhance for the Pokemon it's being given to, or maybe even the trainer just as a treat idek.
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Old February 5th, 2013, 05:20 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Hm... I would really like to see many new types of berries in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, and I would love to see them return as being able to grow them as trees.

Maybe your player's home might have a garden where you can grow berries as well? That would be so cool, considering that previous Pokémon games never had houses that had backyards.
[Platinum Lucario's Signature]
Researching the NDS ROMs...

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old February 5th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

I don't think they need to introduce any more Berries, what further use could they provide? We have PP boost, HP boost, Resistance against every type and more.
Old February 5th, 2013, 06:33 AM
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
No one wants Apricorns ? I would LOVE some Apricorns. This is one thing they have barely touched since their inception.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here