The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 7th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
It could be changed to like 'yup' and 'nah' etc instead of yes and no but I hope we don't get to choose much like phrases in the mall thing which we owned in b2w2 it was annoying :(
Ew that's gross. Not like phrases(I don't know why they even decided to go that route), but more like things that are traditional responses to questions, to give the characters some personality and whatnot. Like you said Nica, something like "yup" or "nah", or heck even "no thank you" would suffice I believe. XD

At least something to give the hero/heroine a personality of some sort~!
Old February 7th, 2013, 11:11 AM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
I like having vocal characters but only if it's done right like Commander Shepard in the Mass Effect series or Nathan Drake from Uncharted.
Old February 7th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Eh, having actual vocals might be a long way away in Pokemon's case, and I personally hope I don't see it happen because I know tons of people are pretty picky with vocals and it just wouldn't fit within the games at all. u_u
Old February 7th, 2013, 11:38 AM
.EJ
Arrow<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Eh, having actual vocals might be a long way away in Pokemon's case, and I personally hope I don't see it happen because I know tons of people are pretty picky with vocals and it just wouldn't fit within the games at all. u_u
It's one of those unspoken rules such as Link from LoZ never having a voice outside of screams/grunts/yelps. GF won't be adding a voice lol

>unspoken
hah!
Old February 7th, 2013, 11:40 AM
mozartm99

Nature: Lax
I think it would be cool to have the main character say something every once in while. Even if it is just text.
Friendship dies and true love lies
Night will fall and dark will rise
when a good man goes to war
Demons run, but count the cost
the battle's won, but the child is lost.
Old February 7th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Pokemaster234
Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Bold
Actually,they talk.But they never are shown in text. Like in BW2's anime trailer, the main characters
spoke. However,in the games,Nintendo places it like this because"we are the characters"and Nintendo
wants to "make us feel that".Same for TLOZ.

Pokemaster's firered nuzloke adventures:http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Fo...pic/8784761/1/
Old February 7th, 2013, 12:31 PM
.EJ
Arrow<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemaster234 View Post
Actually,they talk.But they never are shown in text. Like in BW2's anime trailer, the main characters
spoke. However,in the games,Nintendo places it like this because"we are the characters"and Nintendo
wants to "make us feel that".Same for TLOZ.
Yea that's been known...which is why (at least in my part) I disagree with our character having actual dialogue, unless it's done exceptionally well.

But we know GF doesn't change much.
Old February 7th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I much prefer being the strong silent type. It allows us to give the protagonists their own personalities and let's us imagine what they'd say if we were them. Which technically we are them, and that's something I think GameFreak has always aimed for since the very birth of the games. So I don't think we'll ever see prominent dialogue for them other than the basic "Yes" and "No" options and what happened in B2W2. I hope the latter doesn't happens again and is just something that suited that special occasion; fingers crossed.
Old February 7th, 2013, 12:50 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I think the only words we'll say will still be things like yes, no, go Pokémon, etc.
Old February 7th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Thinking about it, it has been a prominent thing in Pokemon games to always have that silent protagonists. I believe it would cause too much conflict within the fans if they gave the characters dialogue, because it would feel a bit too impersonal lol. @_@;

I also remember in the past(I think this was during 4th gen) I wanted something like, when you can partner up with a friend(either IRL or through wi-fi) and do Battle Tower and things of that nature. It really disappointed me that this feature didn't exist in B/W when concerning the PWT, but do you think it's possible that it might make a comeback? Would you want it to make a comeback? And what about having a friend help you out when fighting the evil team or something? Just an interesting thought.

...Though when I think about it, the latter would would a bit too MMORPG-ish. XD
Old February 7th, 2013, 12:59 PM
.EJ
Arrow<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I think the only words we'll say will still be things like yes, no, go Pokémon, etc.
The first thing I thought of was hahaha

Old February 7th, 2013, 01:08 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

I hope they include some better multiplayer minigames. Chasey or hide and seek would be fun to play with friends.
Old February 7th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Ah yes, that reminds me of the mini-games that Pokemon Stadium 2 had. Those were so much fun ;___; Hopefully something like that makes some sort of return?
Old February 7th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Can "Egg Emergency" make a comeback? I'd love to see more Stadium/Stadium 2-esque mini-games show up in X and Y. Being on the 3DS, it could work out really well.
Old February 7th, 2013, 01:16 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Ah yes, that reminds me of the mini-games that Pokemon Stadium 2 had. Those were so much fun ;___; Hopefully something like that makes some sort of return?
Yeah, something like that would be great. As long as they don't do what they did in B2W2 and make the person you're playing with invisible.
Old February 7th, 2013, 01:19 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

"Are you a boy or a girl?" "No."

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old February 7th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

lol I didn't even know/forgot that B2W2 even -had- minigames. Shame on me.

Also, Barrier Ball and Topsy Turvy should definitely make some sort of comeback. n__n Along with Clear Cut, as well~! Basically all of them please cause they were all so damn addicting ughhhh
Old February 7th, 2013, 01:26 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

I hope there are some banks in the games, it will make it feel more grown up. Could teach little kids to save money too (after they just spent their $50 on the game).
Old February 7th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

I guess it would depend...I mean, there are banks in the Mystery Dungeon games, so I suppose it couldn't hurt? n_n It's a nice idea nonetheless~!

I mean, thinking about it, a bank would have to be there in case you would lose your money, and in the main games, it's pretty damn hard to lose your money except when you lose and whit out(and even then, I think you only lose a small portion of it? I don't remember), so I don't think having one would serve that much of a purpose. u_u
Old February 7th, 2013, 01:32 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
I guess it would depend...I mean, there are banks in the Mystery Dungeon games, so I suppose it couldn't hurt? n_n It's a nice idea nonetheless~!

I mean, thinking about it, a bank would have to be there in case you would lose your money, and in the main games, it's pretty damn hard to lose your money except when you lose and whit out(and even then, I think you only lose a small portion of it? I don't remember), so I don't think having one would serve that much of a purpose. u_u
It used to be a lot easier to use all your money, but after B2W2, that never happens anymore. I remember how in G/S/C, I'd always use the money I saved with mum to buy the healing items for the E4.
Old February 7th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

That's more or less inevitable though, if you really wanted to be prepared for the E4 and if you had underleveled Pokemon/Pokemon that were around the level of the E4 though, because I used to(and actually still do) the very same thing myself. Whenever I got to the end of Victory Road, I would spend a ridiculous amount on Full Restores and Full Heals and basically be broke afterwards until I beat the E4 u__u.

Though I suppose that's why the Amulet Coin as well as a certain Incense(I don't remember which one) exists, so it's easier to make more money, which means it would be harder to really spend it all.
Old February 7th, 2013, 01:52 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
That's more or less inevitable though, if you really wanted to be prepared for the E4 and if you had underleveled Pokemon/Pokemon that were around the level of the E4 though, because I used to(and actually still do) the very same thing myself. Whenever I got to the end of Victory Road, I would spend a ridiculous amount on Full Restores and Full Heals and basically be broke afterwards until I beat the E4 u__u.

Though I suppose that's why the Amulet Coin as well as a certain Incense(I don't remember which one) exists, so it's easier to make more money, which means it would be harder to really spend it all.
The Luck Incense and Amulet Coin were too easy to obtain in my opinion. In B2W2, I would I a Lucky Egg on one Pokémon and those items on the rest. I quickly had an abundance of money.
Old February 7th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
The Luck Incense and Amulet Coin were too easy to obtain in my opinion. In B2W2, I would I a Lucky Egg on one Pokémon and those items on the rest. I quickly had an abundance of money.
But how else would you obtain them? It wouldn't really make any sense for them to make getting these items harder, at least to me.
Old February 7th, 2013, 02:04 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
But how else would you obtain them? It wouldn't really make any sense for them to make getting these items harder, at least to me.
Well they could make them obtainable later and not let you buy them after the 4th gym.
Old February 7th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Well they could make them obtainable later and not let you buy them after the 4th gym.
They would still be pretty easy to get though, even after beating a certain gym. The 4th gym isn't too far, and most players are too focused grinding their Pokemon to beat trainers on routes/gym leaders anyway. u_u

Though for me, the only thing I'm really waiting for is the kind of new moves they're going to make. It seems like a lot of moves are covered already, but what else can we see? More Poison-type moves? More Steel-types, and what kind, with that effects~? With so many moves that we know of already, what more could be available?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links