The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 9th, 2013, 10:02 PM
.EJ
Arrow<3

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Also, the starters' final forms are Grass/Rock, Water/Flying, and Fire/Fighting.
Now see, the whole thing screamed fake but then I saw this and started laughing. This is yet another fake rumor meant to piss people off in /vp/ hahahaha.
Old February 9th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
See that big image some three posts above mine.

Cyclone
The fake Coro Coro scan I posted? There are no evolutions on there.
Old February 9th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
The fake Coro Coro scan I posted? There are no evolutions on there.
I thought he was talking about Suicune's post. o.o
Old February 9th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Archeops12354
Smoochum

I hope they make a ghost/steel type pokemon with the ability levitate, there for it will only have one weakness - fire. And unlike some pokemon with one fire weakness (scizor) will actually be able to survive a fire attack because it only does 2x damage as oppose to 4x damage. And with bonus steel defenses, I'd say this would have to be the best typing of any pokemon, even outclassing ghost/dark typing! Shame it hasn't been done yet... -__-
Yet another reason for looking forward to X and Y, the hope of a ghost/steel pokemon with levitate.
Who agrees?

Speaking of pokemon, gen 6 starters!
My fav is fennekin, hopefully a fire/psychic type!!

What's your fav?

Last edited by Archeops12354; February 9th, 2013 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 9th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
I thought he was talking about Suicune's post. o.o
Mine is three posts above his, not that it matters as Suicune's post doesn't have any Pokemon in it at all XD
Old February 9th, 2013, 10:55 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

In that case, I don't see any evolutions either, so I was kinda confused myself. XD
Old February 9th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Zupplu
Hey Listen! ~Navi

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Zupplu
Those rumours better be fake. Gamefreak would be trolling to make another Fire/Fighting.

E M M E R Y N
Old February 9th, 2013, 11:08 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zupplu View Post
Those rumours better be fake. Gamefreak would be trolling to make another Fire/Fighting.
To be truthful, part of me hopes some of these rumours are true(I mean, the new types sound interesting but it would honestly and truly screw up the entirety of competitive battling as we know it), and yet part me doesn't, especially the Fire/Fighting part.

Most of these rumours just don't sound like moves GF would make, really...
Old February 9th, 2013, 11:23 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
To be truthful, part of me hopes some of these rumours are true(I mean, the new types sound interesting but it would honestly and truly screw up the entirety of competitive battling as we know it), and yet part me doesn't, especially the Fire/Fighting part.

Most of these rumours just don't sound like moves GF would make, really...
When I started to read that, I though you wanted another fire/fighting starter. I was planning to yell at you until I read the rest.
Old February 10th, 2013, 12:09 AM
Khrysta

Other than the Starter types, I'm hoping its fake.

I have no problem with Fire/Fighting as there isn't anything wrong with the typing. There is no valid reason for it to be hated as much as it is. There are other things done more often than the Fire/Fighting combo. If Tradition pops up, well you can start a tradition at any point and time. Maybe Fire/Fighting is a new tradition they started.
Old February 10th, 2013, 12:17 AM
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Quote:
Other than the Starter types, I'm hoping its fake.

I have no problem with Fire/Fighting as there isn't anything wrong with the typing. There is no valid reason for it to be hated as much as it is. There are other things done more often than the Fire/Fighting combo. If Tradition pops up, well you can start a tradition at any point and time. Maybe Fire/Fighting is a new tradition they started.
Disagree. It's not about the type. The think people hate is the Lack of variety for the Fire starters. Starter is a pretty big part of the game. The problem is we've been having a Fire/Fighting starter for Ages now. It kills the excitement of evolving your Fire starter.
Old February 10th, 2013, 12:18 AM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
^Fake because Fennekin's final form is said to be Fire/Fighting, which IMO is unlikely.

Gamefreak, if you ever read this, I want to know why you troll Pidgeot. Talonflame has Gale Wings, Staraptor has good stats and Close Combat, Swellow has Guts, even freaking Fearow has Drill Run. And you troll Pidgeot with Big Pecks, Hurricane, and 10 measly base Speed points. Why, Gamefreak? Is the original bird not good enough for you?
Old February 10th, 2013, 12:26 AM
Victini
¡¡sɯooɹɥs ♥

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Victini
That fox is not gonna be Fire/Fighting, period. Froakie was the only one shown doing a physical move for goodness sakes.
Fennekin is not physical at all, clearly. It was pretty obvious to me that he used a Psychic move in the trailer.

In any case... Light and Shadow make sense as types, but Sound and Toxic do not, to me. So I'm gonna call fake on it, although it was obvious enough already.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 10th, 2013, 12:58 AM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victini View Post
That fox is not gonna be Fire/Fighting, period. Froakie was the one shown doing a physical move for goodness sakes.
Fennekin is not physical at all, clearly. It was pretty obvious to me that he used a Psychic move in the trailer.

In any case... Light and Shadow make sense as types, but Sound and Toxic do not, to me. So I'm gonna call fake on it.
It wasn't obvious what Fennekin used in the trailer. Some thought it was a psychic attack, some thought it was a ghost attack, and recently some said it was growl cause the animation surrounding Kirlia looked like a stat down animation to the one who mentioned it.

Other than that, Fennekin can be physical or special bases regardless of what it evolves into. Fire/Fighting we could get a Special Attack Fennekin. Fire/Psychic we can get a Physical Fennekin.

As for "excitement", that's an even lamer excuse than tradition. We know its going to evolve. We know it remains Fire typed when it evolves. Gaining a secondary type adds a whole bunch of weaknesses to limit your use of Fennekin even more. Sometimes it offsets by adding some good perks.

Fire/Psychic is weak to 5 types. Ground, Rock, Ghost, Dark, and Water
It resists 6 types: Fighting, Steel, Fire, Grass, Psychic, and Ice.

Fire/Fighting is weak to 4 types. Flying, Ground, Water, and Psychic.
It also resists 6 types: Bug, Steel, Fire, Grass, Ice, and Dark.

We're asking for Fennekin to be ruined for battle by wanting it to be psychic. Competitively its a lot weaker than Blazekin, Infernape, and Emboar. They share 2 Weaknesses between them. Psychic adds Stealth Rock weakness, and opens it to Ghost and Dark Weakness, One more common than the other. Both Psychic and Flying aren't as common, but still usually represented in most teams.

Resistance wise; Steel, Fire, Grass, and Ice are the only commons. Fire/Fighting resists Bug and Dark while Fire/Psychic resists Fighting and Psychic. If Fennekin were Special based with low to average defense as most psychics have, then resistance to Fighting wouldn't mean much.

Fire/Psychic looks good on paper, but it is not better than what we already have. Nor does it take away from the excitement of evolving. If that is the only reason you won't evolve it, then you shouldn't pick it as your starter. There are many other benefits to evolving the Pokemon not to mention the change in appearance is really the only excitement involved with evolving Pokemon.

EDIT:After looking over the Starter's types as a whole, the one with the greatest benefit is Chespin definately. Being Grass/Rock gives it a pretty good advantage over both Froakie and Fennekin. While being part rock loses its resistance to water, it also loses its weakness to Fire. Being a Rock type it is also good against Froakie's supposed Flying type and Fennekin's Fire type. So Chespin would be the definite best of the region.

Froakie being Water/Flying gives it only two weaknesses. A crippling x4 to electric, but there are things that can be done to ease that a bit, and a x2 to rock. It loses Grass Weakness but stays weak to Chespin while retaining its advantage over Fennekin.

Fennekin, unless made into Fighting type will lose to both Froakie and Chespin in match up. While as a Fighting type it can retain advantage over Chespin, but has a double disadvantage under Froakie. If Fennekin is Fire/Psychic it loses to Chespin's Rock and Froakie's water and has no advantage against either one based on typing alone. Either way, if Chespin is rock, Fennekin will suck compared to the other two. So if Froakie and Chespin get their proclaimed types, Fennekin is definitely the Snivy of this generation.

Last edited by Khrysta; February 10th, 2013 at 01:35 AM.
Old February 10th, 2013, 01:28 AM
Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
Has anyone heard about this rumor yet? It's yet again from 4chan:

Some of these rumors better be fake.
please please please please be fake. shadow pokemon are okay, but the toxic type seems completely useless/pointless given that there's a poison type already. :(
Old February 10th, 2013, 01:39 AM
Charlie Brown
twisted logic

Nature: Sassy
1. The fact that people are even thinking for a moment that those rumours are true is shocking. Seriously guys, use your common sense :/
2. News never comes from 4chan.

Back! ...again.
Old February 10th, 2013, 01:42 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Personally, I'd rather pure fire over fire/fighting.
Old February 10th, 2013, 01:46 AM
Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Calm
The existance of a "Toxic" type is enough to alert everyone that it's fake...that and it coming from a highly unreliable source...
Old February 10th, 2013, 01:53 AM
Mujahid

Quote:
As for "excitement", that's an even lamer excuse than tradition. We know its going to evolve. We know it remains Fire typed when it evolves. Gaining a secondary type adds a whole bunch of weaknesses to limit your use of Fennekin even more. Sometimes it offsets by adding some good perks.
I don't know where you're going with this. I know how "excited" i was when prinplup turned into Water/Steel. Why ? Cause it was new and fresh. I was "excited" because it opened up a whole new Road for it's Moveset. Now, in the case of Pignite, I already knew what to expect. I am not talking about the competitive side of things. Besides. how many starters are there in OU with their In-game Abilities ? Starters have never been about Competitive play, At least not for me.
Old February 10th, 2013, 02:33 AM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mujahid View Post
I don't know where you're going with this. I know how "excited" i was when prinplup turned into Water/Steel. Why ? Cause it was new and fresh. I was "excited" because it opened up a whole new Road for it's Moveset. Now, in the case of Pignite, I already knew what to expect. I am not talking about the competitive side of things. Besides. how many starters are there in OU with their In-game Abilities ? Starters have never been about Competitive play, At least not for me.
So you are saying that just because they have the same type you can expect similar movesets? Then you must have found Wingull incredibly boring cause of Gyarados and Mantine right? Since they all have the same predictable moveset being Water/Flying types. Depsite a decent combination Empoleon is very boring as a starter. Out of all the water Starters, its 4th on my list. All I use are Water Starters.

As for OU starters, Infernape and Venusaur are on current OU tier list. Blaziken is on Uber. So 2 of the Fire/Fighting are top tier. I believe Emboar is NU, but it was ruined stat wise. Emboar outclasses both Infernape and Blazekin in Attack and HP, but falls short with Defense and Speed. He's closer with Special Attack and Special defense, but all three are physical based fighters. Blazekin and Infernape are used more because of their good speed. TM wise, I sorta just skimmed. They have a fairly similar set. From a quick count, Blazekin and Emboar have roughly the same number of TMs they can learn though both are fairly different. Infernape has a little bit more. Like at least 5 more and is somewhat similar to Blazekin's.

Egg Move wise, Blazekin has a large assortment. Infernapes was impressive but didn't shine a candle to Blazekin and Emboar is just sad in all honesty.

Tutor wise, Blazekin and Emboar tie with number, but Blazekin beat it with Quality while Infernape has a different list by a small amount and has a slightly higher number that it learns.

Even though they share type their attack lists are all distinct enough that you can raise them for the same role and have them all using variously different attacks. That hardly qualifies as something to be boring and unexciting.

As I said, if Fennekin is Fire Fighting it may be a Speed focusing Pokemon. It should have fairly low Special Defense, and with the luck we have, it'll be a fairly decent Special attacker rather than a physical one. (opposite for Fire/Psychic...weak defense but a decent physical attacker...just like Flareon).

Really if it is Fire/Psychic it probably won't be any more noticeable than Vulpix/Ninetales. It'll probably be a carbon copy of its basic movepool as well which makes it incredibly boring as a Pokemon.

If they switch up the typings, I hope they do something a little more dynamic with it. I know a few fans are hoping for Fire/Rock or Fire/Ground (something about Egypt...) I'd rather Fire/Electric just cause I haven't seen a normal Pokemon with that typing. Not counting Rotom cause of Form change needed. But there isn't any excitement regarding what types they choose. I'd be more excited about how their stats are and how different their evolutions' move pool is compared to their basic Move Pool.
Old February 10th, 2013, 02:49 AM
Mujahid

Quote:
So you are saying that just because they have the same type you can expect similar movesets? Then you must have found Wingull incredibly boring cause of Gyarados and Mantine right? Since they all have the same predictable moveset being Water/Flying types. Depsite a decent combination Empoleon is very boring as a starter. Out of all the water Starters, its 4th on my list. All I use are Water Starters.
My whole post was regarding Starters. I consider them apart from other pokemons and thus should not have repetitive typing.And we have different Opinions regarding Empoleon. It easily sits on Top of my list and alot of it has to do with the Unique typing.

Quote:
As for OU starters, Infernape and Venusaur are on current OU tier list. Blaziken is on Uber. So 2 of the Fire/Fighting are top tier.
Missed the part where i said "in-game abilities" ? Take away DW and they lie in UU except Infernape. Besides, as i said, This is not about competitive side of things.

Quote:
Even though they share type their attack lists are all distinct enough that you can raise them for the same role and have them all using variously different attacks. That hardly qualifies as something to be boring and unexciting.
You have a point there. However, repeating the same 'concept' again and again IS Mundane. By 'concept' i mean having a Flame breathing Fighter. All past three Fire starters fall in that category. I find that Boring and Uncreative.

Last edited by Mujahid; February 10th, 2013 at 09:03 AM.
Old February 10th, 2013, 04:04 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!

Nature: Calm
Do you remember this from the trailer?

Now compare this to the rumored image that recently appeared in /vp/ on 4chan about Fennekin's evolution.

This image rumor has been spreading around online much like a virus. It's obvious that it's fake, but many people have fallen for this image plenty of times. Even someone that I know actually fell for it too.

Do you know why I think it's false? Just take a look at the image that's from the trailer, where Fennekin is quite possibly using Psychic. That's where I believe that Fennekin's evolutions would be Fire/Psychic, not Fire/Fighting.

And wow, people are really trying hard to fool others on 4chan. That rumor from 4chan about introducing 5 new types... is really false and misleading. C'mon, 5 new types? Seriously?! Shadow and Toxic already have their types, Dark and Poison! If Sound-type was introduced, the only Pokémon that would be likely to get it would be Whismur, Loudred and Exploud. And really? No-type?! Sound-type if it was introduced would've fit the concept perfectly for having no weaknesses, resistances and immunities. And what if Absol became a Dark/Light-type? If Light-type is introduced, the only move that it would learn that would possibly become Light-type would be Flash... but Absol would remain as a Dark-type, even if Light-type was introduced, 'cause Absol doesn't learn any healing moves or anything like that... only just attacking moves and moves that are about sneaky tactics. Remember, looks are deceiving. ;)

And also... classic mode would cause alot of problems if it was put into a Pokémon game, since it would only feature the old types. If new types really do get introduced, a classic mode having just the old types would ruin the concept for battling if someone had classic mode enabled and was battling against someone that has classic mode disabled... it would put the person with classic mode turned on at an unfair advantage and quite possibly might end up causing the whole game to crash.

I'm going to say this again, never trust anything from 4chan, everything that has come from that site has been confirmed false, even back in the days of Black/White. ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
1. The fact that people are even thinking for a moment that those rumours are true is shocking. Seriously guys, use your common sense :/
2. News never comes from 4chan.
That's exactly what I've been trying to explain. lol

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old February 10th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
King of Kaiju

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mujahid View Post
Missed the part where i said "in-game abilities" ? Take away DW and they lie in UU except Blaziken. Besides, as i said, This is not about competitive side of things.
No, that would be Infernape due to his near game-breaking stats and movepool. He'll still outclass Blaziken.

Quote:
You have a point there. However, repeating the same 'concept' again and again IS Mundane. By 'concept' i mean having a Flame breathing Fighter. All past three Fire starters fall in that category. I find that Boring and Uncreative.
But it is a necessity because GF doesn't want to repeat the same mistake with Charmander back in Gen 1.

Credit goes to anon from JoyReactor.com for the sig he posted
Old February 10th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

Quote:
We're asking for Fennekin to be ruined for battle by wanting it to be psychic. Competitively its a lot weaker than Blazekin, Infernape, and Emboar. They share 2 Weaknesses between them. Psychic adds Stealth Rock weakness, and opens it to Ghost and Dark Weakness, One more common than the other. Both Psychic and Flying aren't as common, but still usually represented in most teams.

Resistance wise; Steel, Fire, Grass, and Ice are the only commons. Fire/Fighting resists Bug and Dark while Fire/Psychic resists Fighting and Psychic. If Fennekin were Special based with low to average defense as most psychics have, then resistance to Fighting wouldn't mean much.

Fire/Psychic looks good on paper, but it is not better than what we already have. Nor does it take away from the excitement of evolving. If that is the only reason you won't evolve it, then you shouldn't pick it as your starter. There are many other benefits to evolving the Pokemon not to mention the change in appearance is really the only excitement involved with evolving Pokemon.

EDIT:After looking over the Starter's types as a whole, the one with the greatest benefit is Chespin definately. Being Grass/Rock gives it a pretty good advantage over both Froakie and Fennekin. While being part rock loses its resistance to water, it also loses its weakness to Fire. Being a Rock type it is also good against Froakie's supposed Flying type and Fennekin's Fire type. So Chespin would be the definite best of the region.

Froakie being Water/Flying gives it only two weaknesses. A crippling x4 to electric, but there are things that can be done to ease that a bit, and a x2 to rock. It loses Grass Weakness but stays weak to Chespin while retaining its advantage over Fennekin.

Fennekin, unless made into Fighting type will lose to both Froakie and Chespin in match up. While as a Fighting type it can retain advantage over Chespin, but has a double disadvantage under Froakie. If Fennekin is Fire/Psychic it loses to Chespin's Rock and Froakie's water and has no advantage against either one based on typing alone. Either way, if Chespin is rock, Fennekin will suck compared to the other two. So if Froakie and Chespin get their proclaimed types, Fennekin is definitely the Snivy of this generation.
This, omg.

I'm going to tell you guys this right now, if Fennekin becomes Fire/Psychic, there is absolutely no way that it's going to become OU in any sense of the word. Shadow ball spammers are everywhere(read: Alakazam/insert other faster, more powerful psychic types here), and not only that, that would leave Fennekin completely walled by every single water type that exists. And not only this, but it would be walled by every single Pokemon that remotely resembles something like Blissey. It just wouldn't really be a good matchup at all, nevermind the stealth rock weakness. Plus, let's not mention the disappointing Dark weakness here.

Froakie.....Froakie I would say is really on that same scale, since it's a suicide move to put a water/flying type out there on the battlefield, electric types, although not SUPER commonplace, do exist after all, and there are even Pokemon that carry electric moves that aren't electric types(well, obviously), so that would be Froakie's biggest weakpoint.

And also agreeing with you on Chespin. The only things Chespin would be weak to would be fighting and Ground, and if I'm picturing it's supposed "evolution" correctly, then it would be a mix between Torterra and Carracosta, both of these Pokemon which aren't pushovers in the slightest, really. Chespin would also have a weakness to ice, but assuming it has something like Rock Polish, it wouldn't be that much of a problem, anyway. Rock-types aren't really known for being extremely fast, but with the assistance of aforementioned move, they would outspeed a lot of Pokemon in their tier, causing quite a bit of destruction.

In short, I think with Chespin, we might be having a similar Torterra on our hands, though that's just a guess more than anything else, really. /shrugs.
Old February 10th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
King of Kaiju

Nature: Quirky
If that were true, then I would definitely use Chespin as my starter for X, while I'll use Fennekin as my starter for Y.

Quote:
The only things Chespin would be weak to would be fighting and Ground, and if I'm picturing it's supposed "evolution" correctly, then it would be a mix between Torterra and Carracosta, both of these Pokemon which aren't pushovers in the slightest, really.
Grass/Rock is weak to Fighting, Ice, and Steel, which isn't too shabby, but it also only resist Normal and Electric.

Credit goes to anon from JoyReactor.com for the sig he posted
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links