The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 11th, 2013, 09:20 AM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
I'd be too mesmerized within the battles to actually care whether or not the battles themselves have actually slowed down, to be honest. .___. Would it really be that bad, though? I'm hoping the 3D battling wouldn't come with such a heavy price, after all...
I think it's something we've all been ignoring but could very well be an actual fault of Gen VI. Those battle sequences looked awesome and flashy but they took forever. Imagine grinding just before the Elite 4 with that kind of stuff, or going into a cave and running into a lot of Pokemon....

OH DEAR LORD

Old February 11th, 2013, 09:23 AM
PrimalDialgasaur
Primal Sauropod

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Except Kyogre and Groudon would forever at least be mortal enemies, so I don't really see that happening. XD Same thing with Dialga and Palkia. I think Reshiram/Zekrom are more like....old friends or something, rather than rivals, like the old legendaries? At least imo, that what would make the fusion possible, other than the fact that they used to be merged anyway.
Well...once calmed by Rayquaza, Kyogre and Groudon seemed to tolerate each other... and aren't Zekrom/Reshiram two separate halves, symbolizing the opposite of the other?

ALSO-me still want Primal Dialga/Shadow Lugia/Shadow Pokemon...

Last edited by PrimalDialgasaur; February 11th, 2013 at 09:24 AM. Reason: ...
Old February 11th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Thank god for repel, eh? Especially now that you can chain them.
Old February 11th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by .EJ View Post
I think it's something we've all been ignoring but could very well be an actual fault of Gen VI. Those battle sequences looked awesome and flashy but they took forever. Imagine grinding just before the Elite 4 with that kind of stuff, or going into a cave and running into a lot of Pokemon....

OH DEAR LORD

....Now you just terrified me for life. XD Especially during really long caves like Victory Road. @_@ I don't think they'll do that to us....at least, hopefully not...
Old February 11th, 2013, 09:39 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Except Kyogre and Groudon would forever at least be mortal enemies, so I don't really see that happening. XD Same thing with Dialga and Palkia. I think Reshiram/Zekrom are more like....old friends or something, rather than rivals, like the old legendaries? At least imo, that what would make the fusion possible, other than the fact that they used to be merged anyway.
Actually Dialga and Palkia aren't enemies, that was an anime thing...another common confusion people have between the games canon and anime canon. The two would've fought it out in Mt.Coronet if they were.

You're right about Reshiram and Zekrom though, those two seem to friends, the same with Kyurem and them seeing how they felt what it felt.
I'm also terrified...victory road will certainly take awhile, now I'm hoping that the first route isn't too long or it'll take some time to get to the first new city...
Old February 11th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
I've always thought that Zekrom and Reshiram were sort of two sides of the same coin. They both had specific yet conflicting ideals, but they were both right in their own way. That's what I'm sort of betting on with Xerneas and Yveltal. Did they both have conflicting yet correct ideals? Were they destined to fight? I guess that remains to be seen.

Thinking about it, legendary pokemon are quite complex beings, you know? Not for their strength, but for their way of thinking compared to the other majority of pokemon. Could these new legendary pokemon manifest a willpower that would not appeal to ethical tastes? I do wonder what Xerneas and Yveltal will represent in terms of the pokemon world and X & Y story.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old February 11th, 2013, 11:33 AM
.EJ
Arrow<3

@Elendil: yea, time to stock up on repels, super repels, and max repels.... hah

Quote:
....Now you just terrified me for life. XD Especially during really long caves like Victory Road. @_@ I don't think they'll do that to us....at least, hopefully not...
It's scary to think about but it's something to consider sadly ;_;
Old February 11th, 2013, 01:12 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
If the battles are slow again, I'll cry. At first we won't notice, but once we play a faster game for a bit, it'll become painfully obvious. I find it a lot harder to play Diamond and Pearl after playing B2/W2.
Old February 11th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Odds are that they're going to be slightly slower than BW, or at least have some sort of lag. It's a whole new handheld and with these games being the first for the 3DS, I'm sure there's going to be a few problems that arise.

Old February 11th, 2013, 01:22 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
Odds are that they're going to be slightly slower than BW, or at least have some sort of lag. It's a whole new handheld and with these games being the first for the 3DS, I'm sure there's going to be a few problems that arise.
All that I hope is that they're not as slow as D/P. I like to be able to blitz through battles if I want to.
Old February 11th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
If the battles are slow again, I'll cry. At first we won't notice, but once we play a faster game for a bit, it'll become painfully obvious. I find it a lot harder to play Diamond and Pearl after playing B2/W2.
I think there will be an option to toggle on and off the battle cinematic so that everything will run faster or smoother. Or at least, make them faster. I mean, they've done it with all the previous pokemon games, they could do it again with this one.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old February 11th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
All that I hope is that they're not as slow as D/P. I like to be able to blitz through battles if I want to.
This. Though as Suicune pretty much already said, being the first Pokemon game on the 3DS, we shouldn't really expect everything to be perfect! Assuming that there's another Pokemon game after these(which, chances are, there will be), that's where these issues would be fixed, methinks. n_n; At least, that's what happened with 4th gen, when Platinum came out(at least, I think)~!
Old February 11th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Pokefanmaster101
Pokemon Fan 1

I heard some rumours that this generation would be Pokemon X, Y & Z. But I do know that when they remake Ruby & Sapphire they are taking some Pokemon out of these games to put into the remade version of the games.
Old February 11th, 2013, 01:52 PM
.EJ
Arrow<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokefanmaster101 View Post
I heard some rumours that this generation would be Pokemon X, Y & Z. But I do know that when they remake Ruby & Sapphire they are taking some Pokemon out of these games to put into the remade version of the games.
Ehhh, why?

FireRed/LeafGreen didn't have Gen III pokemon, HeartGold/SoulSilver didn't have Gen III/IV pokemon...why would, if we even get them, remakes feature Pokemon not native to the region?

And also it's more likely that X & Y refer to Genetics/DNA.
Old February 11th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

It would be nice for them to include some sort of Speed Up feature similar to Emulators, but I highly doubt it.

Old February 11th, 2013, 02:30 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Actually HgSs did have Gen IV pokémon at least in it's dex, the evolutions of gen II pokémon. It's possible they'll do the same with Hoenn but we're getting ahead of ourselves as we don't even know if this generation has evolutions of past generations.

A speed up would be nice. Hopefully GF will speed up the animation of the final product.
Old February 11th, 2013, 04:10 PM
PrimalDialgasaur
Primal Sauropod

Announced now, Coro-Coro scans and a new Pokemon Smash coming this week are revealed to include an Eeveelution (at minimum) from the latest episode of Pokemon smash, all cast members were wearing Eevee and it's evolution's costumes, and they said something new for X/Y was coming...
Old February 11th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Interesting, if its not a new Eeveelution then thats just the biggest anti climax ever. Either way it should be exciting, finally some more X and Y news!

Old February 11th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Mmmmm....I bet the question on everyone's mind is "what type is this new eeveelution going to be??" XD
Old February 11th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

True, im hoping for a Flying type, that would just be perfect. If not then either a Poison or Dragon type.

Old February 11th, 2013, 04:18 PM
PrimalDialgasaur
Primal Sauropod

I personally want a flying/rock/steel/or poison type. Ghost would be cool as well.
Old February 11th, 2013, 04:21 PM
sonicshuffler42
Unhatched Egg

Sooooo
Who here is waiting for them to start using letters for the greek alphabet?
*sits and plays his pokemon alpha and omega versions*

Also.....please......no more freaking new pokemon next game ._.
Except maybe legendaries and a few generation exclusives.
Seriously.....what the hell....were already at like what 700??

We need more Eeveelutions :3

Electric/Flying
Fire/water
Banana/Strawberry (Those aren't pokemon types but hell yeah :D )

WAIT!

we need a NORMAL type eeveelution! o.o

yeah, it'd just be a 'grown up' eevee....but come onnnnn :3
Old February 11th, 2013, 04:22 PM
PrimalDialgasaur
Primal Sauropod

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimalDialgasaur View Post
I personally want a flying/rock/steel/or poison type. Ghost would be cool as well.
There has been some AMAZING fan art for flying and ghost though...
Old February 11th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Personally, I've always thought that the Eeveelutions represented elements in their own right, so, maybe the next one will be a ground type?

It's actually quite amusing the amount of speculation of possible new eeveelutions. <3

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old February 11th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

I always imagined the flying type eveelution having really pretty wings, and having a light blue kind of color, kind of like Glaceon's shade, maybe?

If there's a ground-type eeveelution, I imagine it to look kind of wolf-ish, light brown shade, something like that. @_@
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links