The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 14th, 2013, 08:31 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
That'd be great if it looked like bug, which it... kind of doesn't. Everything else actually looks like its typing, unfortunately.
I am not excited about bug.I would prefer flying or fighting but this looks more like normal at first glance.

White 2:4814-8483-7594

3DS:4871 4138 8216
Old February 14th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
I can't see how it can fly or even glide. It may be the lightest eeveelution but it's still 23kgs/51lbs . It does not have an Aerodynamical body shape. Those ribbons can not lift that weight. Besides, don't the moves shown signal to Normal type ? It doesn't look like anything but Normal typed to me.
Old February 14th, 2013, 08:45 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mujahid View Post
I can't see how it can fly or even glide. It may be the lightest eeveelution but it's still 23kgs/51lbs . It does not have an Aerodynamical body shape. Those ribbons can not lift that weight. Besides, don't the moves shown signal to Normal type ? It doesn't look like anything but Normal typed to me.
I really hope it is not normal even thought at a point the normal eeveelution will be inevitable.

Old February 14th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
It could be flying type, it could also be a new type. They seriously are messing with our heads when it comes to Sylveon, and we likely won't find out till this summer. All we know is that Nymphs are the likely basis, and that's it.
Edit: It won't be normal type, and Eeveelutions will never get a normal type. The whole point of Eevee is gaining a new type for the environment its in, so yeah. Unless it becomes normal with multitype, so it can become an ultimate Eevee, and I doubt they'll do that.
Old February 14th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I'd be happy with any typing tbh, its a new eeveelution which is something we havent had for some time, regardless of what it turns out to be i'll definitely be using it.

Old February 14th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I'd be happy with any typing tbh, its a new eeveelution which is something we havent had for some time, regardless of what it turns out to be i'll definitely be using it.
Especially with a versatile moveset like it shows in the footage. Hopefully its indicative of what it can truly learn, cause for the story portion at least it could be useful in a team.
Old February 14th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
It doesn't need wings to fly though. Just ask Doduo and Dodrio.
Old February 14th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Raichu and Pikachu might have something to say about Flying as well.

In any case, it does look like quite the versatile pokemon, but then again, Flying type pokemon do have versatile movesets in general.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old February 14th, 2013, 09:17 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

I have a kinda weird idea.How about a Grass/Fire?How does this double typing sounds?
Unusuall but everything is possible.

Old February 14th, 2013, 09:18 AM
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Besides, don't the moves shown signal to Normal type ?
The rest I'll give you but to me it seems fairly obvious they gave it Normal type moves in the trailer so as not to give away its typing. If they had it using a move of any other type it would immediately be obvious what type it is, and they obviously don't want to reveal that just yet.

Old February 14th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
It doesn't need wings to fly though. Just ask Doduo and Dodrio.
Based on Pokedex description, Doduo and Dodrio have wings. They are just really small.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Raichu and Pikachu might have something to say about Flying as well.

In any case, it does look like quite the versatile pokemon, but then again, Flying type pokemon do have versatile movesets in general.
Pikachu/Raichu use balloons to fly. Hardly relevant.

The best relation is Landorus in Therian Form as its a quadruped that can essentially run on air.
Old February 14th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTheKing View Post
I have a kinda weird idea.How about a Grass/Fire?How does this double typing sounds?
Unusuall but everything is possible.
It doesn't look anything like that... at all. :x And it'd be using up previous typings :(
Old February 14th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
It looked like it used shadow ball in one scene.
...which is, like, totally inconclusive since even Eevee itself learns Shadow Ball.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Old February 14th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Based on Pokedex description, Doduo and Dodrio have wings. They are just really small.
Forgot about the old PokéDex entries. However, while true for Doduo, the same can't be said for Dodrio. There hasn't been anything as far I can recall that has stated Dodrio having wings of any kind unlike Doduo.

Regardless, if a Pokémon like Doduo and Dodrio can fly even with wings so tiny, I'd hardly say it would be out of this world for Sylveon to be a Flying-type. Perhaps its ribbons expand in air giving it the ability to fly similar to how Buizel and Floatzel's floats can expand in water.

Landorus' Therian Form is another good example though!
Old February 14th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Ok, I have to get it out of my system.

Why can't Sylveon pull a Tails(from Sonic), and just use it's ears to basically flap itself in the air??

This is probably the stupidest thing ever, but it has literally been on my mind since this Pokemon was released and speculation has been around concerning it's type. @_@;; That would be the only way I can picture it flying in any way whatsoever.
Old February 14th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Ok, I have to get it out of my system.

Why can't Sylveon pull a Tails(from Sonic), and just use it's ears to basically flap itself in the air??

This is probably the stupidest thing ever, but it has literally been on my mind since this Pokemon was released and speculation has been around concerning it's type. @_@;; That would be the only way I can picture it flying in any way whatsoever.
Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing that~ Though then again, Dragonair have wings on its ears, and while Dragonair can "glide" in the anime, it couldn't fly in the games.

So, maybe it can, maybe it can't, the jury's out on that one.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old February 14th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure

Gyarados doesn't have wings and even though it is based off a Large Dragon in Chinese Mythology, it's still Water/Flying. So I'd say not ALL Flying type Pokemon have to have wings to fall under that class.

Old February 14th, 2013, 11:18 AM
RandomDSdevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
Hm... speaking of birds, it would be nice to see a Hummingbird Pokémon in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. I don't think they've used that type of bird yet. I know they've used sparrows, pigeons, swallows, but not a hummingbird.
Wasn't Natu sort of like a hummingbird?

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.
Old February 14th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Esper

Sylveon? Gah! It's a nice name, but it doesn't definitively tell us the type. "Silva" as in forest suggests Grass- or perhaps Bug-typing. Would they really have two eeveelutions of the same time? "Silver" suggests a Steel-type, though it doesn't look very metallic. "Sylph," though not as close as words with a "v" sound, would strongly imply a Flying-type. It may not look like a Flying-type, but if it's based more on fairies and airy spirits then it's much easier to see in its design some 'airy' elements.

deviantart blog pair
Old February 14th, 2013, 12:10 PM
RandomDSdevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
If they announce the new Eeveelution on Pokemon Smash, I guess it means that Eevee will be obtainable in the games or something.

Let's hope they announce news that's worth waiting for!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I hope so, that will mean all the other eeveelutions will be in the game. I love having the option of choosing between them, even though I'll probably use a new eeveelution if one is introduced.
Actually, I wish Eevee was more common so that I could create an entire team of Eeveelutions just for fun even if it wouldn't turn out to be effective in battle.

NOTE: Please send me a private message if you have an extra copy of the special Mew that GameFreak distributed to owners of Generation III games on September 30th, 2006, and can think of a good place where we can meet for a trade.
Old February 14th, 2013, 12:29 PM
giratina11
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
If I had a 3DS this would be really exciting for me well anyway if I ever do get a 3DS I will choose... FENNEKIN :D
() ()
(. w.)
0( )0
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fennekin, Froakie And Chespin.jpg‎ (12.4 KB, 2 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old February 14th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Ripper
The Dark Knight

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ripper
It could be a new type... 'Fairy' or something to that effect?
Old February 14th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but if Gamefreak were to ever make a new type, this would be their opportune moment to do so, but it's highly doubtful at the same time. See, eeveelutions have to follow a certain pattern, and having anything other than flying(to me), would just ruin that relationship that it would have with the other eeveelutions. The only one that doesn't really have a counterpart is Jolteon, so chances are it might be flying more than anything else.
Old February 14th, 2013, 07:28 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
I would like that. If it does turn out to be flying, I think it'll have 130 base speed. It looks fast to me.
Old February 14th, 2013, 11:41 PM
Scripturient
I think I've lost it.

Nature: Mild
For some reason, I really want to say that Sylveon is just a Normal type evolution for Eevee. Something about the color palette and design screams "Normal". I know Eevee is normal already, but I wouldn't rule it out.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links