Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Old January 8th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Gen I, we only had the clothes on our back, and our trusty backpack. Gen II, we got a nifty little invention called the Pokégear, were we can talk with trainers like on a phone,as well as check the time, and listen to music on the radio! Gen III, we've gotten the PokéNav, where we registered trainers, check our Pokémon's condition, and check the map. Gen IV was the Pokétch, where it made quite an impact - there was different functions of it, such as making notes, a step counter, a happiness checker, a day care checker, and even a map where we can track down those legendary pokemon that.. have a habit of running away (eg. Mesprit, Cresselia). In Unova, there was the C-gear, whiiiich was like the Pokétch, but had other functions such as a transport to dream world function, and a nifty little function of connecting with people via Inferred.

Now, here we are in Gen 6. What do you think the technology for trainers will be like this time? Will we see the same options on it thank we've had for the Pokétch, or the C-gear? Perhaps an entirely new set of options, like maybe... more in-game shortcuts? For example, a point to point transfer of pokemon in our PC boxes? (although that's rather unlikely, it can be quite handy!)

Any other thoughts?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Sverige
#justiceforbionic 11.11.13

I hope the touch screen is used a lot more (out of battle). I've always felt it was often not used to its full potential.
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Well they did that with the menu in BW sorta. I think. I hope it's an 'actual' EV checker; something that actually reads to what your EVs to your pokemon are. OMG and an IV checker too...

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Air Lock
The Sky High Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Air Lock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Well they did that with the menu in BW sorta. I think. I hope it's an 'actual' EV checker; something that actually reads to what your EVs to your pokemon are. OMG and an IV checker too...
Agree agree agree

so much agree

I also like the "sending/withdrawing Pokemon from boxes on the go" thing, but let's take it a step further. How about a "reserve" party, where you can keep six extra Pokemon. They also gain exp, just not as much as all the other Pokemon. That way, GF can have their "six pokemon in active party" limit and we can take 12 Pokemon with us. :D
#386 Rayquaza
The Sky High Pokémon

"A Pokémon that flies endlessly in the ozone layer. It is said it would descend to the ground if and
were to fight."

Theme bystuffstuffstuffstuffstuff

Old January 8th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Elite Four Lucian
Elite Four - Psychic User

Nature: Brave
It depends on what the timeline is if it is in the future, I would assume holographic wrist watch xD

The Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Supporter Userbars were made by me, if you would like one to support your favorite version, gym leaders, or Elite Four member, message me and I'd be glad to make one for you.
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:08 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
6 for a reserve party is too much...maybe 3 instead. I remember Gen III was thinking of changing the number of pokemon in party but for some reason GF decided not to go ahead with that plan...

The device will proably have streetpass functions on it.
Stand for Life
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Deokishisu
Mr. Magius

Nature: Relaxed
Unless they change how Pokemon are saved in the boxes, there won't be a direct transfer from box to party, as health and status conditions aren't saved in the box. That's why if you deposit a Pokemon that isn't healthy in the PC Box, it comes out fine. Because it takes less space to save a Pokemon without that info, I doubt they'll change how its done.

And if they did change it, can you even imagine? When the going gets tough you just switch out your entire party for ones that are raring to go in an instant. All the challenge in actually going places and battling trainers on the way would be nulled out.

I honestly am hoping for a bottom screen start menu like HG/SS, complete with a clock, a Running Shoes toggle, and a button for the new tech on the menu. As for the new tech itself, I hope it's just an IR thing. I didn't use anything else on the C-Gear and even then, it wasn't used often enough to warrant the screen space.
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
I hope we don't have a C-Gear. A minor inconvenience is having to say no when you are playing BW(2) or accidentally saying yes and it activates and you have to turn it off. Minor, but still annoying. So whatever we get this gen, I hope it's not like C-gear. Poketch or PokeNav-esque things would be nice!

Oh. And whatever we have, I hope it doesn't have a phone feature. STOP CALLING ME. Maybe an email feature like in Pokemon Colosseum.

paired to crono & moderator of 3 & 5
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Air Lock
The Sky High Pokémon
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Air Lock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
6 for a reserve party is too much...maybe 3 instead. I remember Gen III was thinking of changing the number of pokemon in party but for some reason GF decided not to go ahead with that plan...

The device will proably have streetpass functions on it.
3 would be good, I agree with that. I don't use streetpass, i don't get out into the streets and pass people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deokishisu View Post
Unless they change how Pokemon are saved in the boxes, there won't be a direct transfer from box to party, as health and status conditions aren't saved in the box. That's why if you deposit a Pokemon that isn't healthy in the PC Box, it comes out fine. Because it takes less space to save a Pokemon without that info, I doubt they'll change how its done.

And if they did change it, can you even imagine? When the going gets tough you just switch out your entire party for ones that are raring to go in an instant. All the challenge in actually going places and battling trainers on the way would be nulled out.

I honestly am hoping for a bottom screen start menu like HG/SS, complete with a clock, a Running Shoes toggle, and a button for the new tech on the menu. As for the new tech itself, I hope it's just an IR thing. I didn't use anything else on the C-Gear and even then, it wasn't used often enough to warrant the screen space.
Yes. I never understood why they never put the clock into plain view. I mean, who uses the Pokegear anyway? :/

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
I hope we don't have a C-Gear. A minor inconvenience is having to say no when you are playing BW(2) or accidentally saying yes and it activates and you have to turn it off. Minor, but still annoying. So whatever we get this gen, I hope it's not like C-gear. Poketch or PokeNav-esque things would be nice!

Oh. And whatever we have, I hope it doesn't have a phone feature. STOP CALLING ME. Maybe an email feature like in Pokemon Colosseum.
You've got mail! You've got mail! You've got mail! /s

Speaking of mail, why not let people chat/send mail in real time, over the internet? Conducting trades would never get easier.
#386 Rayquaza
The Sky High Pokémon

"A Pokémon that flies endlessly in the ozone layer. It is said it would descend to the ground if and
were to fight."

Theme bystuffstuffstuffstuffstuff

Old January 8th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Deokishisu
Mr. Magius

Nature: Relaxed
I also want the clock in a 12 hour format. If my cell phone eschews military time, so can the Pokemon games. A little AM/PM indicator doesn't take up so much space that it can't be included.
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Deceit
Toxic.

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deokishisu View Post

You read my mind. Well for the bottom part. I really want the return of the HG/SS bottom, as that was really nice and easy to access. And if we have to have something like the C-Gear, I hope we can at least get an option to switch from it if we're not using it, to a menu like HG and SS.
Old January 20th, 2013, 09:02 PM
HaiImNate
Ice Cream

I think that we will get a completely new device. I liked the Poketech in B/w 2. I really liked how you could connect to the Dream World as well. I think that X and Y will allow you to connect to the Dream World (or if they call it something new), and allow you to do more in the DW. I also hope that you are allowed to interact with your technology more, and that 3D will play a large factor in this as well.
Old January 21st, 2013, 08:51 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I'm probably thinking there'll be an entirely new device in Pokémon X and Y that would do all kinds of different functions. Like you'd gain cards for the features and all that similar to how the Pokétch and PokéGear did, but it would have the Map, Video Chat, Radio (if the game is going to have radio return), and many more applications that the Pokétch would normally have, but very much improved.

Something like that would be amazing, especially viewing the map on the bottom screen while traveling rather than stopping and using a Town Map to view the map.
[Platinum Lucario's Signature]
Researching the NDS ROMs...

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links