The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 3rd, 2013, 02:55 PM
KJPokemon

Nature: Calm
I did not like the follow me feature in HG/SS. It was in fact my least favorite thing about the game and I wished they would have made it so you could turn it off if you want. Often times I thought it made things more cumbersome or laggy in HG/SS. I wouldn't mind seeing more Pokemon in towns or in the wild next to their trainers. Like the cutscene with pidove or swoobat on the rooftop in B/W
Old April 14th, 2013, 05:31 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJPokemon View Post
I did not like the follow me feature in HG/SS. It was in fact my least favorite thing about the game and I wished they would have made it so you could turn it off if you want. Often times I thought it made things more cumbersome or laggy in HG/SS. I wouldn't mind seeing more Pokemon in towns or in the wild next to their trainers. Like the cutscene with pidove or swoobat on the rooftop in B/W
I suppose I see what point that you're trying to make. Sometimes the Follow-me feature could be annoying, so you want it to be optional? I actually like this idea, I feel that this would be the best route to take for X/Y, should people become too overly annoyed with their Pokemon following them and just want the trainer OW sprite to display instead of the Pokemon's.
Old April 16th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to #18
I would love to have Arbok follow me, it's my favorite! <3

I said in my recent introductory thread that I had wished the follow me feature had been in more games.

❤ 18
Old April 16th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
While I don't see the follow-me feature returning, I would however like to see more Pokémon out and about like KJPokemon suggested. Although it would be a complete tease to those who do want the follow-me feature back.
Old April 24th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
While I don't see the follow-me feature returning, I would however like to see more Pokémon out and about like KJPokemon suggested. Although it would be a complete tease to those who do want the follow-me feature back.
A certain specific area where you could let your Pokemon out of their Pokeballs would do, really.
Old April 24th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Navy Blue
Artist

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJPokemon View Post
WHAT? I'd want my Pokemon to follow me all the time, I loved seeing how my Pokemon reacted to places, like my Unknown in the ruins (kinda creepy though, singing and talking to the air. 0.o)!

I would love for this to show up again, but unfortunately, I highly doubt it, but who knows, GameFreak has been leaving us in mystery. So many questions...

Good day.
Old April 24th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
A certain specific area where you could let your Pokemon out of their Pokeballs would do, really.
So pretty much bring back Amity Park, but allow anything to come out again? I'd be all for that honestly, seems like a fair concession to me. If they don't want to have Pokémon following you all the time then a single area would be nice.
Old April 24th, 2013, 10:37 PM
Naikado

Nature: Adamant
Arcanine. <3

As well as my other team members, but Arcanine is objectively the best, and I love him.
Old April 25th, 2013, 12:19 AM
shubham2207
Metallurgy Master (Excadrill)

Nature: Naughty
I really loved the follow me feature in hg/ss..
You knw, it feels like a bauss when mewtwo follows u...! ;-)
Old April 25th, 2013, 05:03 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubham2207 View Post
I really loved the follow me feature in hg/ss..
You knw, it feels like a bauss when mewtwo follows u...! ;-)
I oughta try that. Maybe I should return to that Gym challenge.

Personally, there are several Unova Pokémon I'd like to see follow me. Keldeo and Meloetta among them, but not so much Genesect or Kyurem (except having Kyurem following would make some feel omnipowerful as well, especially with, "KYUREM, RETURN!"

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 26th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
Yes please! I absolutely loved when my pokemon followed me around. It was adorable!

I hope they bring it back because I would love to see what the Unova pokemon look like outside of their pokeballs. And the new ones too! It is a great feature. It is one of the reasons why HGSS is my favorite version.
Old April 26th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Yes please! I absolutely loved when my pokemon followed me around. It was adorable!

I hope they bring it back because I would love to see what the Unova pokemon look like outside of their pokeballs. And the new ones too! It is a great feature. It is one of the reasons why HGSS is my favorite version.
I think we already know the answer to that. They look like themselves. I mean, we see all the artwork and avatars, so there ya go. Though I get that you mean the small sprite; however, with the new 3D aspect, we really should be interested in all 700 or 800 or however many Pokémon it will be now.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old April 26th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Playful_Weasel
I just want to play!
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
In the trailers for X & Y I seen Mienfoo, gives me 100% hope that Mienshao will be in the game, that's the Pokemon that I would love to follow me in 3D - I hope they do bring it back, or similar with Watchog (seen Patrat in the trailer too).
Watchog's #1 Fan!!
PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!
- FC on Trainer Card
Steel Safari: Magneton - Skarmory - Excadrill
Old April 26th, 2013, 01:28 PM
The Sly Fox
Community Supporter

I'd love for the follow-me feature to return, but I highly doubt it will. For X and Y anyway. I think it might make a return in the RSE remakes, whenever those may be.

Anyway, I would want to see Umbreon <3 My favorite. He'd look so awesome in 3D.
Old April 26th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshiro. View Post
I'd love for the follow-me feature to return, but I highly doubt it will. For X and Y anyway. I think it might make a return in the RSE remakes, whenever those may be.

Anyway, I would want to see Umbreon <3 My favorite. He'd look so awesome in 3D.
It makes sense to bring it back in the remakes. Upgrade the HG/SS engine to 3D, add another 250-odd Pokémon to the Follow list, create 3D models for everyone, and whammo. I'd love an anime-ish followme feature and the ability to choose who is always following regardless of who's leader.

Cyclone

Old April 26th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Giant Magikarp
I like Iris...

I'd like to see my Snorlax follow me in 3D because that would be awesome
Old April 27th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
I'd LOVE to have another house like in Humilau City, where you have to waste time walking around a Meinfoo until it's happy whilst the game gloats at you that it's capable of a follow feature, but they just thought, naahh...

Old April 30th, 2013, 05:00 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

I'd rather not see this feature return, I mean, it was cool when it happened, but, the novelty wore off fast and it actually got kind of annoying, especially when unlike Ranger, having your Pokemon out didn't do anything. So I'll be glad that they don't do it again, I prefer traveling with just the hero on screen.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old April 30th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAbusoru View Post
I'd rather not see this feature return, I mean, it was cool when it happened, but, the novelty wore off fast and it actually got kind of annoying, especially when unlike Ranger, having your Pokemon out didn't do anything. So I'll be glad that they don't do it again, I prefer traveling with just the hero on screen.
I think a happy medium would be having the option. Based on the trailers, however, there is no option; it's not there.

Hopefully it's a late surprise.

Cyclone

Old April 30th, 2013, 08:08 AM
metalhand

Nature: Relaxed
really like the follow me feature, and in models it will be awsome!
but i think a huge pokemon like wailord shouldn't follow you-they are too big to be in their full size and it weird to see them smaller.

i"ll be satistified if instead of follow-me feature we will be able to ride on pokemon, see the pokemon we are surf on, those who fly and maybe to see some sitiing on our shoulder like ash' pikachu
Old April 30th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
I think a happy medium would be having the option. Based on the trailers, however, there is no option; it's not there.

Hopefully it's a late surprise.

Cyclone
Actually having it as an option that you would be able to toggle sounds like a really neat idea. It pretty much satisfies both ends of the spectrum as far as people feel about it, plus it doesn't force anything on anyone.
Old April 30th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Autumn Reverie
The world bores you when you're cool.

Nature: Modest
I would really love for this feature to return! I really loved seeing my Pokemon follow me around out of its Pokeball, and I think the ability to interact with it and to see its various reactions in different places really cute. :3

As to which one I would like following me around, it doesn't really matter ahha. Any Pokemon will do! I expect the lead Pokemon would follow the player around, so I could always switch my team around to allow other Pokemon to experience it. Hmm.. If I had a Cyndaquil though, it would definitely have the first honour! <3

I would also love the player to be able to ride Pokemon that can be ridden! Imagine soaring through the air riding on the back of your all-powerful Dragon, or clinging on to the fur of your Arcanine as it races through the grass at breakneck speed. All in full 3D. <3
Old April 30th, 2013, 09:42 PM
shubham2207
Metallurgy Master (Excadrill)

Nature: Naughty
Well some like this feature and some don't like this. I think gf should give an option if the trainer want his/her pkmn to remain out of their pokeball or remains inside the pkbol.
Old April 30th, 2013, 09:59 PM
Birthday Thunder
Venus

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Birthday Thunder
I'd love if two or more pokemon could follow you around. heck, I wish they would bring back the follow me feature altogether. Judging by the trailers we have seen, it doesn't look like that will be happening. Well, I can still fantasize about my shuckle, milotic and shedinja following me around. ^__^

3DS FC for X and Y: 2766 8490 0653
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links