The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
The game have only just been announced and we have only seen one trailer yes, but, is there anything that you feel disappointed with so far?

For example, I've been a little 'iffy' about the new male protagonist's design since he looks... an awful lot like Hilbert.

I expect that more disappointments will appear over time as more news comes out… so maybe come back here to rant about those, too!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie

Last edited by Miss Doronjo; January 8th, 2013 at 02:15 PM.
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:00 PM
BanditThePikachu
The Raichu of awesome

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to BanditThePikachu
The starters look kinda lame in my opinion. :/
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
So far my only disappointments are some of the complaints that people have...of course, people have a right to not like what they want, but some of the complaints I'm really just not getting. Like, I really don't think the male protagonist looks like Hilbert at all, and the same goes for Chespin and Oshawott. And does it really matter that the games are named X and Y?

The game itself really hasn't presented anything for me to be disappointed about, and I hope it stays that way!
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Hamilton
*Creative Quote Goes Here*

Nature: Calm
My only real complaints are the Male Protagonist, and the overworld on what i'm assuming is Route 3. The other overworlds look really pretty so far, but Route 3 seems sort of.. fake..

Also I'm a bit upset that they showed the starters so early. My favorite part is always the fanart of what the silhouettes might be.

~Back from the dead~
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:12 PM
rosehaka
Unhatched Egg

only thing i'm ticked about is i can't walk with my pokemon again
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

Nature: Timid
Not fond of the male protagonist either, Shawn. He does look like Hubert and Nate. :( ...Nate was B2W2 male right? lmao

Anyway, not a disappointment per se, but it's hard for me to adjust to the 3D models instead of the 2D sprites. And the way the battles are animated. There's so much going on and idk. It's just strange, but I got used to plenty of "strange" things in generations past, surely I can adjust to what is just beyond the horizon.
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Keyaki

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Keyaki
Aside from not seeing a remake of Gen III, nope.

No disappointments.

Quote:
only thing i'm ticked about is i can't walk with my pokemon again
Well, okay this too.

But the starters are the weirdest ones yet.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:18 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Aside from the male protagonist, no complaints from me. I hope a choice of clothing will solve this problem.
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Dalek_Kabu
Resident Fossil

Send a message via Skype™ to Dalek_Kabu
not to thrilled at fennikin or chespin but im loving froakie
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:20 PM
BLOOOD-La-ti-
This is the place to try!

So far I only have one,
The character designs sucks,I think they're designs were rushed.
They're even worse than the other protagonists,even worse than Nate despite that hair.
But idc about character designs or whatever,I just want to enjoy the game.

oh check this out:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=373174
My new account. :3
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:22 PM
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Relaxed
So far everything looks pretty good. Nothing to be disappointing about yet really. Only thing is the male protagonist in the overworld seems kinda weird...Idk gotta look back at the trailer.
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

For now, I just see the game is still in development and that they're trying to jump from 2d to 3d to adapt to the 3ds; but everything looks interesting so far.
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
Yeah, What I have to say echos the others here: mediocre design. Don't really like the starters.. they are missing that old charm that the originals had.. if only they went back and took some elements from that style..

Old January 8th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I expected that the male protagonist would at least look a bit more different than he currently is, but I'm fairly indifferent, it seems that they at least changed his hairstyle, I think? XD

Other than that, no disappointments so far~
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Sabrewulf238

There isn't a whole lot to be able to be disappointed over really since it was just one trailer.

That said....I really like the new pokemon so that's off to a great start, I like the idea of the region being based off France/Paris, I really like how the battles and pokemon models look.

The only thing I'm feeling iffy on and others have mentioned it too is the overworld doesn't look that good. I think I'd live with it but it could be a lot better. On the topic of the overworld, maybe it's just me but it seems extra strange seeing npcs just standing there looking straight ahead now....they look more like lifeless dolls now that they're no longer sprites.
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Nintendofox3d
Watch Pokemon Cyclone Saga!!

the male protagonist looks kinda like a girl, but i think characters are customizable.
Oh and I absolutely hate froakie, that thing is as ugly is F***. And the characters are all small. They should be like in pokemon xd gale of darkness/collessuem... And the pokemon seem to fake...I don't know, it kinda looks like some fakemon someone made...
But you know, this is a very early trailer, and things are likely to change, the graphics will improve, hopefully all the things we don't like will improve...
Who knows maybe nintendo is reading the feedback they get, and will consider it, to appeal to all audiences... One more thing
Pokemon x and y?? seriously?? whats next? pokemon square and circle??

Pokemon Cyclone Saga
-The Pokemon Series-

Watch It Here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/iNeonFox
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:49 PM
masaru3
Chespin, I choose you!

Nature: Timid
My disappointment so far are the legendaries. Why did they have to exaggerate them so much. I mean, look at the Deer's antlers?! And the size of the Bird's wings and tail? I'll get over it, just like I did with my disappointment with Samurott and Kyurem xD
Black 2:
5244 5521 1042
◄ Masaru's Dream World Shop ►
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:52 PM
PikachuAddict
Mime Jr.

Nature: Naughty
My dissapointments are the designs for the new Pokémon. I'm honestly not feeling them at all.
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:55 PM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Careful
I've got quite a few to be honest. One being the OW graphics. They're shaggy and seriously lack in detail. (I know there's still 10 months for the developers to improve them, but as of now, they're really off-putting). Another one being the protagonist. I feel the male protag looks like Hilbert far too much, while the female protag looks like Pokemon Trainer Leaf far too much. I also don't really like the look of the Elk Legendary. It looks too much like a cross between Virizion, Dialga, Stantler and Sawsbuck.
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious. View Post
I've got quite a few to be honest. One being the OW graphics. They're shaggy and seriously lack in detail. (I know there's still 10 months for the developers to improve them, but as of now, they're really off-putting). Another one being the protagonist. I feel the male protag looks like Hilbert far too much, while the female protag looks like Pokemon Trainer Leaf far too much. I also don't really like the look of the Elk Legendary. It looks too much like a cross between Virizion, Dialga, Stantler and Sawsbuck.
These are basically the exact same feelings I have towards what I've seen so far. Granted, we've seen basically nothing compared to what we'll find out between now and October, so I'll try to remain optimistic about what's to come.
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

Honestly? My complaint is the switch to 3D.

Yes, graphics, et cetera, but the obsession with improved graphics has been damaging the integrity of games since the latest generation; sacrificing things like story, actual graphics design, and, worst of all, actual gameplay to make room for lens flare and uber-realistic textures.

There are lots of ways the Pokemon games could improve, but the one chosen was...graphics. Now, maybe they're improving on other things in Generation VI, but the fact that 3D has been showcased doesn't bode well for me.
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Lugiaz Soul
I support Crystal Dust

Nature: Naughty
I'm disappointing that they didn't make a game for hardcore Pokemon fans that have been with the series from the start. And that the characters still run updownleftright. that is dumb.
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:09 PM
SaniOKh
The Cynical Completionist

Nature: Lonely
The one thing I didn't really like, and I know it's gonna sound weird and I sorta understand why they did this for the trailer, but I really didn't want to see any of the old Pokémon.

Thing is, a major reason why I liked B/W a lot is because none of the old Pokémon were in the main story, so during the badge hunt it felt a lot like I was playing the series for the first time all over again: all monsters were new, none of them annoyed me (unlike a certain eyeless blue bat, for example ) , I really felt like I was discovering something entirely new, and it was great (also, personally, I can't stand Pikachu ) . I hoped Gen 6 would do this too.

It's too early to say though, maybe they are showing us the old Pokémon because we know the data for them will be in the game and to avoid more spoilers.
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:13 PM
scprepschool

Im welcoming everything.
The parts that i was kind of worried about i know ill grow to love.
I do however have on gripe
The grass starter
Dont like it
I know that hes kinda got the scraggy thing going on
And theres alot of outfits in japan and at comicon that are hooded costume jumpsuits that people are getting into and it kinda looks like a chipmunk with one on
But in comparison to the frog and the fox, the grass falls way behind
Imo

you gotta know that I adore you
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Arlo

No disappointments at all, and if I might be so bold, I'd say that anyone who is already disappointed with the tiny little bit of hard information we actually got is bringing most of it on themselves. The deluge of speculation, cheers and complaints here and elsewhere notwithstanding, we actually weren't given enough real information to make any sort of valid assessments, positive or negative. At this point, it's almost all guesswork, and basing disappointment (or praise, for that matter) on mostly guesswork doesn't even make sense.

Presuming no unpleasant surprises, the only thing I'm concerned about is the switch to 3D, and I was already concerned about that when I was just presuming that that was the way the next gen was going to go. I want pokemon who are interesting and compelling and attractive (or disturbing or frightening or adorable or whatever, as the case might be) and I couldn't care less if they're rendered as sprites or meshes. I'm concerned because it's often the case, and self-evidently with past Pokemon games, that 3D meshes are not interesting and compelling and whatever - they're just distractingly poor 3D meshes. They don't look like pokemon - they look like 3D meshes. For that, I'd rather have sprites - 2D or not, at least they actually look like pokemon rather than looking like something somebody cobbled together after watching half of a Blender tutorial.

That said, the pokemon models in the teaser we saw were pretty good, though the overworld player model was only so-so. But it's significant (and generally ignored) that the teaser said repeatedly that that was NOT actual gameplay, so we won't really know until we see actual in-game footage. So, in my opinion, it's too soon for disappointment or relief, but at the moment, that's my only concern.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links