The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Slateer21
Unhatched Egg

Advertise here
My main Thing is why do a 3DS Transistion which will totally overhual The Old Formula and do a New Generation at the same time? For one we know its not gonna be the best they can muster because They never start a Gen off Right or the best they can. Please the 3D Transiation. It may be too much change...

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android
Old January 9th, 2013, 01:23 AM
Mr. Downstairs
Community Supporter

The graphics themselves seem a little off to me. I was expecting much better, but I think that comes from my experience playing Ocarina of Time on the 3DS, which has the most beautiful graphics on a handheld system.
Old January 9th, 2013, 02:28 AM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
None. That's pretty much it, I like everything I've seen so far but I'm sure there will be a couple of disappointments as we discover more.

Old January 9th, 2013, 02:30 AM
Taro Tanaka
Do You Believe In Magic?

Nature: Timid
My only disappointment so far is the view of Legendary Y from the bottom, but with enough time, I know I'll be fine with it. Otherwise, everything else seems alright.

The only other disappointment is having to spend money on a 3DS after running out of money. I gotta get a job or something.
Old January 9th, 2013, 02:48 AM
Crimson5M
what
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Don't like male protagonist, that Chespin is not a reptile, or that now I need to save to buy a 3DS...

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
Old January 9th, 2013, 02:49 AM
razzbat
dancer

with all honesty there was hardly anything I was disapointed about. while I don't reeaally like the new protagonist, I like them more than all of the 5th gen protagonists so I can't say that it was a disapointment. I'm sure there will be some in the future, but for now everything is looking sweeet :D

raspberrybat
BLACK FC: 0132 0783 1389
SOUL SILVER FC: 5414 0665 8930

Old January 9th, 2013, 03:02 AM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Ω & α... Join the Bandwagon!

Send a message via Skype™ to Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Everything's looking good so far. The overworpd graphics are looking a bit iffy but it is heavily emphasised that it is not actual gameplay footage, so there is plenty of time for them to improve it. The starter designs look brilliant in my opinion, they are somehow a lot easier on the eyes than the Gen V starters. The male protagonist is a bit meh, but I'm sure we'll find away around that, whether it be player customisation or he is not finished.

Anyway, that's just nitpicking, no disappointments for me yet!
Old January 9th, 2013, 03:03 AM
The Amazing Justin
The Original Player

i don't like how the male protagonist looks, it's like they rushed his design.
Old January 10th, 2013, 03:30 AM
pokeReality
Unhatched Egg

Ok i was bored at school today and i was thiking about X and Y and i tought of something,maybe it is kind of announced already but the thing is :

- The sprites of the 6th gen pokemon wont appear on B/W2 ? So the wi-fi battling is going to change to only 3ds ?

- The sprites wont be able to be implented to showdown and PO ?

- It's a freakin' 3D game ? I hope the surf thingy you hop on is not a giant whale head!
Old January 10th, 2013, 05:52 AM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeReality View Post
Ok i was bored at school today and i was thiking about X and Y and i tought of something,maybe it is kind of announced already but the thing is :

- The sprites of the 6th gen pokemon wont appear on B/W2 ? So the wi-fi battling is going to change to only 3ds ?

- It's a freakin' 3D game ? I hope the surf thingy you hop on is not a giant whale head!
Moved the above quoted post into this thread, as it fits better.
Old January 10th, 2013, 05:59 AM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Nature: Jolly
The one thing that would really disappoint me is that they don't make 2D sprites beside the 3D models, 3D is cool and all but I would really love to see 2D sprites as well (maybe in the pokedex?).
Also the starters are... meh, but I'm still holding my breath for their evolutions.
Old January 10th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

People need to keep in mind that the graphics in the screenshots are not representative of what the game will be like on the actual system. Screenshots of 3DS games always look like crap because they aren't meant to be viewed that way.

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old January 10th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Eucliffe
E N T E R T A I N E R
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Eucliffe Send a message via Skype™ to Eucliffe
I myself am currently not disappointed in anything. I love the starters' designs, I love the protags.' designs (I'll admit at first I was a bit iffy on the female's, but after looking it over a few more times I don't have any qualms with it anymore), I love how the legendaries look and how one is based off a chital, and I love what I've currently seen so far!

That said, I'm hoping not to be disappointed by anything released later on, but you never know :C
Old January 10th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeReality View Post

1. Well you can't play B/W vs. D/P/Pt either. That's very normal haha.

2. I think as far as those things go, they'll probably either just take the front view of the 3D model or just use a fan sprite. There are already excellent fan sprites of the starters.

'Hoy, small fry!
Old January 10th, 2013, 10:45 AM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
The new male just has colors similar to hilbert IMO, I want someone to recolour him to different colors to prove he's different xD
Old January 10th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Atomic Pirate
I always win.

Nature: Impish
Wow, where to start? First of all, the three starters look absolutely horrific. The only one with even a fraction of substance is the Fire-type chihuahua thing, which, knowing GF's history, will most likely evolve into a Fire/Fighting type letdown. The squirrel is just ugly, and I don't even want to get started on the frog. Overall, the new Pokemon all exude a Fakemon-like quality that shouldn't be present in official designs.

Next, the male protagonist is only slightly less ridiculous than the one from B2/W2. Why is he wearing a blue tracksuit and "chick" sunglasses? And what's with the weird bucket hat? Is he supposed to be a 1950s baseball player? I am so confused.

Finally, the names and legendary motifs. Are they really so out of ideas that they resort to using letters of the alphabet as titles? I mean, seriously? As for the legendaries, they really, really, really look like Fakemon. And designing them around the letters X and Y certainly didn't help.

All I can really say is that I feel obligated to take back anything negative I have said about Generation V, as this one, judging by what I've seen, is far, far worse.

PM me if you add me.

My Friend Safari is Water-type, with Gyarados, Azumarill, and Octillery.
Old January 10th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Vehks

I'm disappointed that Pokémon didn't go full 3d a long time ago. Also, I'm not really digging the starters, maybe that will change when I see their fully evolved forms.

Other than that, we haven't seen enough of the game yet to form any real opinions. I'm gonna need more info, all we got was a quick reveal and a few short clips so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgyem View Post
the new Pokemon all exude a Fakemon-like quality that shouldn't be present in official designs.
Could you please explain this one to me? I mean what does that even mean? They look like fakemon? They shouldn't be present in the official design?

What determines the LOOK of a pokemon? Gamefreak themselves designed the new starters so by that fact alone wouldn't that make them official?

There is no set definition of what a Pokemon has to look like to my knowledge, and if there it is fan created and should not be taken very seriously.

Last edited by Vehks; January 10th, 2013 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 10th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Atomic Pirate
I always win.

Nature: Impish
I'm not even sure if I want to get either, judging by what I've seen. The 3D meshes lack the personality and uniqueness of the sprites, the graphics look like they would barely even be passable as a DS game, let alone a 3DS game, and the new Pokemon look horrific. And, judging by the (lack of) difficulty and (lack of) postgame in the previous games, I doubt that I would find these games worthwhile.

PM me if you add me.

My Friend Safari is Water-type, with Gyarados, Azumarill, and Octillery.
Old January 10th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Mochi
Formerly AzaleaLightning

Nature: Sassy
I think they're starting to recycle the main protagonist's look... The female protagonist almost always has a completely new look but they seem bored with the males.

Like Sydian mentioned it's probably going to be a pain to adjust to the 3D models as well but I thought navigating Castelia in BW would be difficult, but it wasn't as bad as I thought!

Elgyem, that seems really brash of you to down a whole generation based on five Pokemon and a very small handful of gameplay footage you've seen. I would hold the judgment before you have more content to base it on. Besides, people would get bored of the colors eventually.

From what we've seen, there really isn't a whole lot to be disappointed with...
Old January 10th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
There was one thing I was actually disappointed about, which was the fact that the games are still restricted to a grid-like movement of up, down, left and right.
I would've liked to see a free-roaming movement that allowed you to go anywhere and not be restricted to a grid movement anymore, it would've been alot easier on the circle pad and pretty much how the circle pad is meant to be used, otherwise you don't get that feeling of free-roaming.

That is... from what I've seen in the trailer.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 10th, 2013, 05:39 PM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

1. I won't be able to see my Pokemon following me.
2. Me having to buy a Nintendo 3DS (I'm not complaining about the game going to 3DS, it was bound to happen, just that I gotta waste more money now )
3. The protagonist looks kinda plain to me, comparing to the other ones.

And that's pretty much it. Not that much of a deal to make such a fuss about. I'm really looking forward to this game. I find it much better than Gen V imo.
Old January 10th, 2013, 05:56 PM
MegamanDX
Pokemon/Megaman fan

Nature: Hardy
Send a message via Skype™ to MegamanDX
I got one thing...

I like Pokemon X and Pokemon Y alot...Its so amazing that I thought my head was going to shoot off like a rocket...Then I saw the battle system....

Yuck! Its the same battle system recycled! Why cant GameFreak understand that Pokemon are not statues but living creatures that like to move around...even in battle!!! Dang!!!! Can you guys at GameFreak atleast make it turn based real time for once or even little bit Action based....pretty please!!! Pokemon move around in the shows,so why not in the games?
Old January 10th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
My only disappointment is that we can't have epic sprites like these:
Old January 10th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Gary0ak
TPP ROM Hacker

It Fennekin is a Fire/Fighting, I'm going to be very disappointed
Old January 10th, 2013, 06:27 PM
jgalvan100
*****monally Challenged

Nature: Naive
My only disappointment is that Pokemon X and Y looks like Dragon Quest 9.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here