The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:09 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by XSky RiderX View Post
I sort of doubt there will be new natures. If there were, I could possibly see them adding a whole new set of them that alter the HP stat, since it's the only stat (other than accuracy/evasion, but those shouldn't count) that isn't affected by natures. Which would be interesting for Pokemon that need the extra HP if 252 EVs wasn't enough.
Yeah I'd agree with Sky Rider, I'd like to see a nature that boosts HP, heck we can even call it creative just to add both your ideas xD
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Ω & α... Join the Bandwagon!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Maybe we could have Double Natures, lowers two stats and raises two. That would be interesting.
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:12 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Wouldn't that also bring about abilities that lower HP as well? I guess it'll be nice for pokemon that have lots of Hp already but needs a nature to up another stat like say Defense or Speed.
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
If there were ever new natures, then it would be only 10 new natures regarding HP. Unfortunately, there may be less than 10 natures GF haven't pick, which pretty much sealed off this unlikely inclusion.
Old January 11th, 2013, 04:24 PM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
Hmm, having natures that lower or raise HP is actually a pretty reasonable idea...I'd love to see that.

I doubt GF would add them this late however.
Old January 11th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Sirius
Wrong Thread.

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by .EJ View Post
Hmm, having natures that lower or raise HP is actually a pretty reasonable idea...I'd love to see that.

I doubt GF would add them this late however.
This. Even just new clone natures but with different labels such as how Hardy and Serious are the same thing could be cool. Honestly, though, I don't see GF adding anything like new types, natures, ect this late in the game's timeline.

Old January 11th, 2013, 04:35 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
It would make the game incompatible and potentially disallow Pokémon transfers from older generations, so I'm against it.
Old January 11th, 2013, 04:42 PM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
It would make the game incompatible and potentially disallow Pokémon transfers from older generations, so I'm against it.
The game is already going to be incompatible due to the fact that it's a 3DS exclusive. How the pokemon from older generations get transferred over is an entirely different subject.
Old January 11th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Sirius
Wrong Thread.

Quote:
It's already incompatible considering it's on the 3DS and the only Backwards compatible pokemon game there's been was G/S/C. And when I say backwards compatible, I mean being able to trade your pokemon from an newer generation to an older one, such as from Gen 5 to 4.

Old January 11th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Arlo

If they added new natures including HP, it'd take 11 more to complete the set, and that's because the neutral natures like Hardy and Serious aren't actually clones of each other. ALL of the natures, including the neutral ones, raise a stat by 10% and lower a stat by 10% - it's just that the neutral ones raise and lower the same stat, so it works out to neutral.

So there'd be 11 additional natures - one each to raise HP and lower one of the other stats, one each to lower HP and raise one of the other stats, and one to lower and raise HP (neutral).

I don't think that older pokemon would be any problem (or at least more of a problem than they're going to be anyway on a different platform), since the existing natures would probably be the same and they'd still have their existing natures. Though it would make it so that older pokemon caught in the new games would potentially not be tradeable to older games, but I wouldn't be surprised if that'll be the case anyway, with or without new natures.

I would sort of doubt that they'll do it just because that's 11 new natures - almost half again as many as currently - and for only situational gain. And the gain would be a bit unbalancing in some cases - imagine a Blissey with an HP enhancing nature, for instance.

All that said, I wouldn't mind seeing more natures, just for the variety. And as I mentioned somewhere else, I'd like to see the effect of natures reduced a bit, so that it would be more feasible to use pokemon with natures that aren't necessarily statistically beneficial, but just seem aesthetically appropriate. Take some of the pressure off and make the game more fun.
Old January 11th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Pingouin7
¬‿¬
Community Supporter

Quote:
Why would that prevent transfers from Gen V, if I may ask?
Old January 11th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

Nature: Timid
I agree with adding an HP+ and HP- natures. I mean, it's a stat too, and it gets IV and EV input, so why not a nature to help or lower it? Though I don't imagine a lot of people would be using HP- natures, lol. But still! You need to have HP- natures to balance it out (all other states have + and - natures sooo).
Old January 12th, 2013, 02:57 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I highly doubt that they'll change the EV/IV system, but that's just me @___@; EV'ing takes forever for me, and unless they're making it easier somehow, I don't necessarily see that changing, and I echo many people's sediments here when I hope it doesn't change at all.

Quote:
I agree with adding an HP+ and HP- natures. I mean, it's a stat too, and it gets IV and EV input, so why not a nature to help or lower it? Though I don't imagine a lot of people would be using HP- natures, lol. But still! You need to have HP- natures to balance it out (all other states have + and - natures sooo).
This too! Sometimes there are certain Pokemon with pretty balanced stats, and you wouldn't know which stat to increase or which stat to decrease, so having an option to at least decrease HP(even though that would be a risky move) would be something ideal. XD
Old January 21st, 2013, 06:24 PM
OrangeNess
Layton Lover

Nature: Docile
So, I was thinking of what would happen if they siddenly got rid of EVs and IVs in Gen 6. What would happen to competitive battling? How would you react? If not, whould they add an easier way to EV/IV train/breed? I, personally, would be so happy to hear this, because EVs and IVs are confusing to me, and non-EVed or IVed pokemon stand no chance at beating a competitive pokemon. Of course, that's just my opinion. But honestly, how would you react?
Old January 21st, 2013, 06:37 PM
Azire
Mr. Premier Ball

Terrible idea. What would be the purpose? How do you think they're confusing?

2 IV = 1 Stat Point
4 EV = 1 Stat Point
Please Leave A Review If We Trade
Trader Review Thread
Pairs: Champion Lunis
Old January 21st, 2013, 06:39 PM
tj4bigred
Instant Classic

Nature: Quiet
The thing that's great about EVs and IVs as it is right now is the fact that they're easy to understand, hard to master, but not forced upon the player. I think we can expect the current system to stay similar, but maybe with more items and breeding options to make it more convenient for the player.
Old January 21st, 2013, 06:44 PM
OrangeNess
Layton Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAzire View Post
Terrible idea. What would be the purpose? How do you think they're confusing?

2 IV = 1 Stat Point
4 EV = 1 Stat Point
They're not that confusing, just difficult to master and annoying to go through. I would find it to be cool if they added something to do it faster. I'm not talking about items, I mean like a minigame or something.
Old January 21st, 2013, 07:03 PM
Azire
Mr. Premier Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeNess View Post
They're not that confusing, just difficult to master and annoying to go through. I would find it to be cool if they added something to do it faster. I'm not talking about items, I mean like a minigame or something.
The only problem I have with IV and EV is the fact we can't easily check them without cheats. AR can give us what we're looking for so why not the game itself? We should be able to check them like we can our Pokemon stats. Besides for that I can agree they can be hard to master. To be fair though only one Pokemon on my team has anything other than a 252/252/4 spread.
Please Leave A Review If We Trade
Trader Review Thread
Pairs: Champion Lunis
Old January 21st, 2013, 07:06 PM
OrangeNess
Layton Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAzire View Post
The only problem I have with IV and EV is the fact we can't easily check them without cheats. AR can give us what we're looking for so why not the game itself? We should be able to check them like we can our Pokemon stats. Besides for that I can agree they can be hard to master. To be fair though only one Pokemon on my team has anything other than a 252/252/4 spread.
I agree, and in the Pokedex they should tell us what pokemon gives us what IV. It would certainly help me understand it more.
Old January 21st, 2013, 08:42 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

I merged this into the existing discussion about EVs/IVs.

I would like the EV/IV/nature system to stay like it is. I've learned it since 3rd gen, where I used daycare + some rare candies to determine a hatchling's IV ranges by level 15. The current system is fine; it's the bread and butter of battle and trade. :]
Old January 23rd, 2013, 05:55 AM
wygar
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeNess View Post
I agree, and in the Pokedex they should tell us what pokemon gives us what IV. It would certainly help me understand it more.

i think you meant "what pokemon gives us what EV" =P

i don't think there is any need to modify the current system but i agree that the information should be easily obtained in-game. especially EVs.
like i said in another topic, the developers shoud make the game as self-suficient as they possibly can when it comes to such vital things.
it really is wrong to think "why bother when there are plenty of UNOFFICIAL guides nowadays?" when developing a game.

this is especially true seeing as the main series are meant to be portable, which means there is no way to guarantee that the player will have access to the info they need to obtain out of the game every single time they need it.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links