Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Old January 8th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
In generation 5, we've been introduced to Rotation, and Triple battles. Do you think or hope that more battle styles will be in Gen 6? If so, what do you hope those new battle styles will be like?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:22 PM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I hated Rotation and Triple battles so I definitely hope the keep it simple sweet by not implementing more.
moderator | lovely pair | PC live
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
I don't think anything else will come about really. I think the styles we already have are enough, and if you wanna be technical, there are TONS of styles if you count each Battle Facility gimmick as a style. I certainly would. So if there's some kind of Battle Frontier sort of thing with gimmicked battles like in the past, then that's enough styles being introduced.

paired to crono
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Sassy Milkshake
It's ok to cry.

Nature: Sassy
No thank you. Too many styles of battling exist, and I don't think you can implement anything new without making it overly complex.

Old January 8th, 2013, 04:31 PM
WinterKirby

Nature: Mild
New battling styles have only come every other generation. We'll probably have to wait for Gen 7 for a new battling style. (6 vs 6?)
X/Y Friend Code: 1349-5852-1728 | Pinkie | Flying | Hoot-Hoot, Pidgey, and Tropius

Old January 8th, 2013, 04:32 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I don't think we will get any new battle styles, as we have enough already. If anything, they might make a battle style that is just super sped up and where battle barely last any time at all.
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Echidna
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious. View Post
I hated Rotation and Triple battles so I definitely hope the keep it simple sweet by not implementing more.
I second this. We have way too many battle methods that it's getting kinda annoying. And yeah, Triple/Rotation battles really sucked u_u

Old January 8th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Forever
let it go

Yeaahh I don't want new battling styles. I'm fine with what we already have (and even competitively there should be more interest in what we have lol).
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Old January 20th, 2013, 08:44 PM
HaiImNate
Ice Cream

Nature: Jolly
I liek triple battles, but I didn't like rotation. I really hope that GameFreak does not implement a new battle style.
Old January 20th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Kaisersaur
Ranger

Nature: Calm
God please no! The triple battles are almost pushing it too far hahaha

Pokemon X FC: 3995 - 6607 - 6356
Old January 21st, 2013, 07:04 AM
Ichinish
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious. View Post
Exactly my opinion. It's just too much, mainly rotation battles.
Old January 21st, 2013, 07:14 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
I don't get the hate for triple and rotation battles, I honestly don't mind them, just like I never minded double battles.
Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Gym leaders with their own specific Battle styles.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old January 21st, 2013, 07:22 AM
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Lonely
Sigh, I wouldnt mind new battle styles at all as long as they wernt mandatory at some point in-game. All those who do could just avoid them I guess
Zi-Zi's Journey - Lindsey Stirling
Old January 21st, 2013, 07:24 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Eh, it's probably not going to change much this gen, but I would like to see more battle-style game play being used for gym leaders. Maybe something like 2 v 2 rotation battles? Although.. that'd be complicated. xD

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie

Last edited by Miss Doronjo; January 21st, 2013 at 07:36 AM.
Old January 21st, 2013, 07:47 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I would much prefer to just see the battle styles from previous generations. 'Cause there's already rotational battles as well as triple battles introduced in Pokémon Black/White.

But if I could think of any, maybe having a battle where you and the opponent send out a random Pokémon and then you attack and then you call back the Pokémon and have to send out another random one from your team and the opponent sending out a random one from their own team. I call it... a Randomized Battle.
[Platinum Lucario's Signature]
Researching the NDS ROMs...

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 21st, 2013, 10:32 AM
jellotime91

All I am really hoping for is co-op multiplayer with double battles. Other than that, it's all good Ninty.
Old January 21st, 2013, 01:02 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I hope not. I'm not a big fan of Triple / Rotational Battles. I felt like they were pushing it at that point. If we're to follow any sort of existing pattern, then it's likely we're not going to be introduced to any new battling styles. Frankly, I kind of hope Triple / Rotational Battles is as far as it goes in terms of how many Pokémon we can have out on the field at the same time. Any more than that and things just become to clutters and too complex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterKirby View Post
New battling styles have only come every other generation. We'll probably have to wait for Gen 7 for a new battling style. (6 vs 6?)
6 vs 6? But we haven't even gotten to 4 vs 4 yet. :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
I would much prefer to just see the battle styles from previous generations. 'Cause there's already rotational battles as well as triple battles introduced in Pokémon Black/White.

But if I could think of any, maybe having a battle where you and the opponent send out a random Pokémon and then you attack and then you call back the Pokémon and have to send out another random one from your team and the opponent sending out a random one from their own team. I call it... a Randomized Battle.
That just sounds extremely... tedious. D:
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here