The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Old January 8th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here

It seems as though encountering wild pokemon has sorta changed graphic wise for this game. What do you think of this?

Perhaps they will stick to the traditional random encounter rates, but, do you think there will be more features? Would you prefer to be more of a way to encounter wild pokemon than the traditional ways? For example, maybe in specific places, you can encounter wild pokemon as you see them physically walking? Or maybe you prefer the traditional ways of random pokemon encounters?

One more thing: what are you hoping for in terms of encounter rates? Should they be higher? Lower? Should there be more of a chance to get certain pokemon, or would you prefer rarities?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Sassy Milkshake
It's ok to cry.

Nature: Sassy
I don't care what they do as long as they don't drastically slow down game play with a lot of like animation at the beginning of the encounter.

I like the idea of being able to physically see the Pokemon. Easier shiny encounters anyone?

Old January 8th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Elite Four Lucian
Elite Four - Psychic User

Nature: Brave
I hope they keep the encounter rate the same. I love how they even included Unova pokemon in the game, which seems odd to me seeing as how Unova was sooo isolated.

The Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Supporter Userbars were made by me, if you would like one to support your favorite version, gym leaders, or Elite Four member, message me and I'd be glad to make one for you.
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:36 PM
shengar
♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥

Nature: Lonely
If I have to went through some "cinematic" for every random encounter, I'll stop grinding. Seriously they should provide option to skipped it >__>

As for encounter rate, I though the current one is fine. Except for dungeon, they should turn it lower than grass.

Pokemon is a Japanese RPG Made By a Japanese Developer With Japanese Audience in Mind I tell You
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:40 PM
curiousnathan
woop woop

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Milkshake View Post
I don't care what they do as long as they don't drastically slow down game play with a lot of like animation at the beginning of the encounter.

I like the idea of being able to physically see the Pokemon. Easier shiny encounters anyone?
This. the improved graphics are all fine and dandy, but if they slow the actual encounter process along, I'll spit it. :P
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:41 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I think the encounter rate is fine as it is. But I agree with above, I think i'll get sick of having to wait through the cinematic opening to a wild battle eventually and I'll end up getting annoyed.
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
I think as long as it is the same speed as the normal encounter it wouldn't matter. However I would get sick of having to wait a long time for the pokemon battle actually start. This was my worry when I first seen the trailer. Would it slow down the game?
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Powalen

I hope the encounter rate is about what it is. You need encounters for leveling and catching the mons you want. I just hope it isnt super slow.

Old January 8th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Forever
let it go

I think I'd prefer the old system. If everything appeared like it used to be, in terms of encounter rates and isn't slow, I'll be happy, but still I like the old system of not physical encounters so I'll need to get used to that.
Old January 8th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I think they'll still be sticking with the traditional encounter rates and will indeed keep the encounter rates at the same level as it was in previous games. I'm sure nothing will change. ;)

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 8th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Deceit
Toxic.

Nature: Timid
I really care about how slow the battles take, as other users mentioned. It looks like it will take a while, considering the new 3D moves, and how the wild Pikachu appears. I'm hoping for the opposite, or maybe an option to speed up wild battles, as otherwise it looks like it would take a while to get through a small route without repels.

As for encounter rate, I think it should stay the same as the previous games, provided battles don't slow you down that much.
Old January 8th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Mama-Mamo
Togepi

Nature: Brave
I just hope they give us the option to skip the animation. I'm sure it's cool to watch the first couple of times... But then afterwards, it just gets tedious.

I think that the encounter rates are just fine as it is.

Yellow|HeartGold|Sapphire|Platinum|White

Working on HeartGold!
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I...really don't think it's going to be as slow as people make it out to be. o_O

As far as the encounter rate goes, good god don't make it go any higher! I can already see that making tons of people upset, like if they're in a rush to get to x town and a wild Pokemon keeps popping up every five seconds and all, it can get quite annoying and frustrating very quickly.

All in all, I'd like for everything to remain as it is, though I wouldn't mind if the chance rate(or whatever you call it) for certain pokemon would increase in certain areas. Like, chances of rare Pokemon appearing and whatnot. :3 It would be interesting!
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Sydian
I don't like frogs.

Nature: Timid
First I gotta say that is a CREEPY way to see new Pokemon. You get all up in their face and it would probably scare the crap out of me. It's gonna take some getting used to, honestly.

I'm sure things will generally run the same though. And I hope it doesn't run slow like DP. We don't need another slow running game. It doesn't seem that way watching the trailer though, but eh. It goes so fast in the 2D games, like RSE. But then compare that to playing Colosseum, it takes a while to get through your battles because each Pokemon has an animation they do for attacking and then the other one has an animation for when it's hit, and then the faint animation as well. So I'm a bit worried about that when I say I hope it doesn't go slowly.

paired to crono
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:42 PM
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Lonely
The wild pokemon scene looks pretty cool. I'm just wondering how larger pokemon would appear in such short grass. Anyway I agree that it would be slightly vexing if the oppening to the battle were extended to the point were you feel like spamming repls everywhere you go to avoid wild encounters. Which, I hope that's not the case due to how that would be counter productive seeing as how attractive the attractive wild encounters are, and how it seems to evoke the feeling of you wanting to go out into the grass.
Old January 9th, 2013, 04:27 AM
Hoenn
Asylum
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
It's about time they changed it and from the looks of things it looks much better!

Old January 9th, 2013, 04:29 AM
The Amazing Justin
The Original Player

Nice to see Pikachu might be obtainable early in the game for kids.
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:50 AM
awolfsquared
I like to do 'Garfield Mondays'
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
I'm gonna have to get use to it, but it looks pretty neat. I just wondering what it will look like when it's put together. Are you gonna be walking the grass and the usual music will play when you encounter a Pokemon and it'll zoom in on the grass? Whatevar happens, I just hope it doesn't slow down the speed of battling.

"I have no idea what I'm doing. but I know I'm doing it really, really well."- Andy Dwyer
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old January 9th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Raichupacabra
Villain

Nature: Hasty
I don't even care since I don't pay attention to little things like that. It honestly makes the game much better visually. But if I had to grind a team of six around eight levels each (I'm looking at you Diamond and Pearl), I'd get really annoyed.

Currently Playing: Pokemon X | 3DS Friend Code: 4313-1107-3365
(PM me with your Friend Code and tell me if you have added me)
Old January 9th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWsquared View Post
I'm gonna have to get use to it, but it looks pretty neat. I just wondering what it will look like when it's put together. Are you gonna be walking the grass and the usual music will play when you encounter a Pokemon and it'll zoom in on the grass? Whatevar happens, I just hope it doesn't slow down the speed of battling.
That'd be how I hope it is kind of. Or maybe it'll only zoom a bit, and if so, outwards to the field to battle.
Old January 10th, 2013, 01:18 AM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
I would love to see some pokemon, though it annoys me with the memes, where people assumed the grass was normal size, the tall grass where you encounter pokemon reaches up to your neck, you're telling me you burrow underground? xD But in all seriousness, I'd like to see the tall pokemon, same size or bigger than you be seen in grass sticking out and small like Joltick can't be seen.
Old January 10th, 2013, 01:47 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikakitten View Post
I would love to see some pokemon, though it annoys me with the memes, where people assumed the grass was normal size, the tall grass where you encounter pokemon reaches up to your neck, you're telling me you burrow underground? xD But in all seriousness, I'd like to see the tall pokemon, same size or bigger than you be seen in grass sticking out and small like Joltick can't be seen.
idk I figured they'd make the smaller ones like Joltik as you mentioned larger in the overworlds so that you can see "everything". Otherwise you might end up stepping on Pokemon (in terms of... reality...? I mean normal grass isn't very tall lmao).
Old January 10th, 2013, 01:53 AM
BLOOOD-La-ti-
This is the place to try!

Nature: Jolly
Maybe u can zoom it?
It would be better in XL,you know...Bigger screen.

oh check this out:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=373174
My new account. :3
Old January 10th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
What about in caves where there are Zubats, or any other bat pokemon? You know, where it seems as though every-single-step we make sets off a wild Zubat?

That'd be sure annoying if wild battles are cinematic. :x

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 10th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Hamako-chan
Our unbreakable bond...

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Hamako-chan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hamako-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Hamako-chan
I just hope the animation doesn't take too much time, if could be tedious running through a field of grass and constantly having to see a Pokemon pop up. There might be a feature that speeds up this process or turn it off completely, either way, I always carry a huge stock of max repel later in the game.
As for rarity, I always wished for a Pokemon game to include Pokemon variants, some Pokemon fan-games have that feature and it's brilliant. It adds a feel of variety and abundance in the Pokemon world. Also, make it easier to find shiny Pokemon!

White FC: 2881 2384 3038
Platinum FC: 4082 4798 2423
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here