Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2013 (06:43 PM).
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
*I know there are already threads talking about the various upcoming features of the games/the implementation of old ones. If this is too close, please merge or close. Sorry for the possible inconvenience!

So if gamefreak were to add any season-like feature to the games, what do you think it would be, and do you want a similar feature included in the games? Two instances I've heard of are the weather in game coordinating to the weather outside. So if your 3DS was somehow connected to the weather channel or something, and it said it was snowing, then it'd snow everywhere in game (don't know how feasible this is too be honest). Another similar thing to this is the inclusion of holidays. Since the game and 3DS are region locked/if you could input events into a calendar, I could see this happening. It could be a simple feature, with the NPCs of the game just partying and talking about whatever event was going on that day.

So, what do you think of the two ideas above? Would you want them to be implemented? Do you have any similar ideas of your own you think could/would be implemented into the games?
Old January 8th, 2013 (06:49 PM).
Castform
The Weather Pokemon

Nature: Modest
OMG that would be so amazing with the weather O.0. That is so cool I haope that that happens. As for the inclusion of holidays as cool as that would be I doubt it happens due to that fact there could be controversy over it because certain holidays might offend people, like Christmas. But I would be cool with it happening

A feature i think would be cool if for your family to throw you a birthday party each year. You could receive very useful items as gifts from gym leaders and friends.
Old January 8th, 2013 (07:58 PM).
Deokishisu
Mr. Magius

Nature: Relaxed
Back when weather was the new thing in Gen 3, little kid me was hoping there'd be some way for it to match the weather outside. I'd be soooooo happy if it became a reality here!

But really, what climate thing hasn't been done yet? I think that maybe in that respect, the environments are as real as they're going to get.
Old January 8th, 2013 (08:11 PM).
Gary0ak
TPP ROM Hacker

I think weather would be amazing. I think it would look something like this:

(Springtime Weather)
Old January 8th, 2013 (08:31 PM).
Alli
you smiled at me

Nature: Timid
That'd be a great feature @ weather. I wouldn't use that though. Alabama weather is...stupid. XD I wouldn't be able to deal with going from sun to snow in real life AND my game, haha.

paired with klippy
bae is abnegation
Old January 8th, 2013 (08:51 PM).
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
Quote originally posted by Sydian:
That'd be a great feature @ weather. I wouldn't use that though. Alabama weather is...stupid. XD I wouldn't be able to deal with going from sun to snow in real life AND my game, haha.
Where I live we basically go through that cycle once a day without the snow XD It's pretty crazy but maybe it would be cool if they did it right. They have overworld weather in past games, why not these! Though I do hope there's a snowy area, there's only really been mountaintops and I'd like to see something different.

Old January 8th, 2013 (10:27 PM).
Dillon_68
Lover of Winter

I think weather data for your zip code should be downloaded via spotpass.
Old January 8th, 2013 (10:37 PM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I would love a random weather pattern. I actually talked to Erica (Lightning) about it long ago. It'd be cool if you could like check the forecast on the in-game TVs.
Old January 8th, 2013 (10:42 PM).
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Hope will never die! ~Lucina

Nature: Quiet
I think it'd be cool to have all the weather features. I'd get a good mix because were I live it might be really hot one day then stormy the next. Although that could get annoying If you lived in a place that rained/snowed all the time.

It would be awesome if they celebrated your birthday! That would be awesome. How awesome would it be if you could see a fireworks display on New Years Eve? That would be amazing!
Old January 8th, 2013 (11:00 PM).
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
It would be nice to have dynamic weather that could occur erratically and not just in pre determined spots.
Old January 8th, 2013 (11:09 PM).
Forever
let it go

I'd rather not have it based on where we live. Maybe in general... the overall weather your state is having in general, so really sunny if it's over certain degrees or something, but nothing too crazy, tho I'd never get a snowy area ;__;
Old January 8th, 2013 (11:12 PM).
Playful_Weasel
can I have a Pokepuff?
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
Love the random weather idea, and also checking on the in-game tv for the forecast.

♪ Metal Fan - Thrash Metal - Folk Metal - Power Metal ♪
Old January 9th, 2013 (12:21 AM).
gimmepie
The Lightning Rod of Hate
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
I really hope that weather doesn't become based on irl locations... I love the Birthday thing though
Old January 9th, 2013 (12:50 AM).
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
My weather would be depressing; rain, rain, rain, clouds, rain. XD

It would be a nice feature, but I feel it would be a little redundant to some people, who wouldn't be able to see different seasons. I think, if they are going to have the seasons, they should just keep them to game seasons. Maybe keeping it to real life seasons, but nothing real time, in the sense of what is happened exactly there and then.
Old January 9th, 2013 (02:23 AM).
Naykd

Nature: Quirky
Would be pretty cool if they implemented the 'tsunami' into the game
Braixen

Pokémon White 2 FC:
4299 0983 9733

Pokémon Black FC: 2666 1560 0333
Pokémon Pearl FC: 0604 1377 2074
Pokémon HeartGold FC: 4942 0703 0914
Pokémon Platinum FC: 2622 8860 7175
Old January 9th, 2013 (02:26 AM).
Blue
corruption
Community Supporter

That would be a great feature! I could see them implementing some sort of Disaster system i.e Earthquakes, Volcanoes but I don't really know how it would have an impact on the game play.

Team Platinum
Old January 9th, 2013 (02:26 AM).
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by Naykd:
Would be pretty cool if they implemented the 'tsunami' into the game
Considering what happened a couple of years back, I doubt that would be put into the game...
Old January 9th, 2013 (03:23 AM).
BLOOOD-La-ti-
This is the place to try!

Nature: Jolly
That would be great,
and wat if ppl in the game would die?
o,o

oh check this out:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=373174
My new account. :3
Old January 9th, 2013 (03:43 AM).
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Hope will never die! ~Lucina

Nature: Quiet
^ Nah I'd rather that didn't happen, this is a kiddies game after all. I'd love to see NYE fireworks, that'd be amazing.
Old January 9th, 2013 (03:47 AM).
Forever
let it go

Oh I like the idea of fireworks based on the event. Considering what the region looks like I think it might be kind of likely to happen (or at least from the graphics it seems like fireworks could easily be implemented).
Old January 9th, 2013 (04:19 AM).
Mithel_Celestia
Alluring Illusion

Random Weather systems? Already have a thought of that. Every hour, There is a +50% for the weather of a city or route to be clear, while the other percentages is shared with other weather systemsand the possibilities of the weather changes depending on season and the time of day whether it is day or night. Imagine it like this. It is spring and a route has a possibility to rain of 40% while 60% has a possibility of clear weather. During summer, the same route will have an additional weather system harsh sun and has a possibilty to occur of 10% during the day. There is also 20% chance to rain (30% during the night) and 70% chance of clear weather.

This idea is great. It will make desert routes not only have sandstorms, but also harsh sun since a desert is known to have very hot temperature during the day.

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old January 9th, 2013 (04:31 AM).
Forever
let it go

Quote originally posted by Mithel_Celestia:
Random Weather systems? Already have a thought of that. Every hour, There is a +50% for the weather of a city or route to be clear, while the other percentages is shared with other weather systemsand the possibilities of the weather changes depending on season and the time of day whether it is day or night. Imagine it like this. It is spring and a route has a possibility to rain of 40% while 60% has a possibility of clear weather. During summer, the same route will have an additional weather system harsh sun and has a possibilty to occur of 10% during the day. There is also 20% chance to rain (30% during the night) and 70% chance of clear weather.

This idea is great. It will make desert routes not only have sandstorms, but also harsh sun since a desert is known to have very hot temperature during the day.
Still on the last point, what kind of Pokemon could appear? You wouldn't really find Chlorophyll mons in the desert considering they're p much all grass. :x
Old January 9th, 2013 (04:46 AM).
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
It would be great if there was a random weather effects set for any place. But I'm not sure if it will, since Generation V did have different weather effects already set for towns, but it was either mainly clear, rain or snow (if winter).

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm gradually learning to use Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 9th, 2013 (05:31 AM).
Paradise3
Unhatched Egg

If Christmas is offensive, change it to Arceusmas. XD

I think weather would be cool but I think it'd be kinda unfair if it's connected to real life because what if you live in a place that never gets snow but you can only get certain Pokemon in snow... That kind of thing. I just think it's best to keep it to in-game. Maybe certain cities or routes can have certain weather on certain days or months.
Old January 9th, 2013 (08:06 AM).
Gary0ak
TPP ROM Hacker

If weather was based on location, mine would be sun, sun, sun, sun, sun, sun, sun :C
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links