The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy

Advertise here
Weather based on location is a nice idea, but probably wouldn't work in practice because some people might NEVER see Pokemon based on certain types of weather (such as snow or something). It'd be a neat feature though in one place where all the Pokemon where static. I am curious to see what they change up with the Seasons.
Old January 20th, 2013, 09:04 PM
HaiImNate
Ice Cream

Nature: Jolly
Man, I really hope that the game has holidays! I'm not sure how the game would be able to correspond with the weather outside, but that would be really cool as well. If it doesn't then that's fine with me. I like the seasons as they are on the predecessor games anyway.
Old February 13th, 2013, 10:57 PM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Nature: Brave
i'm thinking one that makes it dark, possibly lowering accuracy of most pokemon and benefiting some dark moves.

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu

Last edited by roosterman; February 15th, 2013 at 12:58 PM. Reason: darn it, the search feature never works.
Old February 13th, 2013, 11:08 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Bringing back the Fog back from Generation 4 and actually making it a weather condition you can utilize in battle would be really neat. Especially if they make a new ability in which certain Pokemon aren't affected by the thick fog or benefit from it.

Another one could possibly be windy? Could be an interesting niche for flying type pokemon/moves.

Last edited by Sora; February 13th, 2013 at 11:20 PM. Reason: i meant 4 i swear
Old February 13th, 2013, 11:18 PM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryPeaches View Post
Bringing back the Fog back from Generation 5 and actually making it a weather condition you can utilize in battle would be really neat. Especially if they make a new ability in which certain Pokemon aren't affected by the thick fog or benefit from it.

Another one could possibly be windy? Could be an interesting niche for flying type pokemon/moves.
oops, forgot about fog already being a weather, is there really no move or ability that summons it yet though?

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
Old February 13th, 2013, 11:23 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nope. There are some effects of it (lower accuracy, Weather Ball being double damage, etc) and defog can be used to clear it, but other than that if you're not on the route it's on there is no way to summon Fog onto the field. And really only Castform benefits from it with its Weather Ball. So it's kind of a weather condition they just threw out. But while it was annoying to battle in if you didn't have defog on you I think it would be an interesting twist if a Pokemon can summon it in battle and use it to their advantage.
Old February 14th, 2013, 12:55 AM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Nature: Lax
How about a move called Acid Rain? It'd be a Poison-type move that could be an alternative to Rain Dance, and powers up Poison moves after using it.
I have made Facebook pages of all 721 existing Pokémon plus Mega evolutions. If you want to join them, search for them in this format: [Pokémon's name], Pokémon # [Pokédex number], or for Mega evolutions, just type in Mega [Pokémon's name]
Old February 14th, 2013, 02:30 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
Maybe a Galestorm weather effect that makes flying types faster and stronger, but also lowering accuracy as attacks can miss more due to Pokemon being blown off course.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old February 14th, 2013, 03:36 AM
Haza
☆A Life of Pokémon & Beyoncé ☆
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
I ran in here to say Acid Rain like I always have but I was beat to the punch. Hmmm. Lighting would be an awesome effect. Randomly striking pokemon from both teams, and could be cleverly used to benefit certain pokémon.

Δloyisious Divo |Haza D'Ξvil
The poison that is always fatal... yet the stinger won't stop stinging
Twitter
Facebook
Old February 14th, 2013, 04:35 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Oh yes! I would love to see a new weather condition in battle! How about Smoke? It spreads through the entire battlefield and lowers Pokémon's accuracy as well as make them lose HP gradually from asphyxiation. Only Poison-type Pokémon are immune to taking damage from the asphyxiation. Normally would occur in areas with bushfires (or so I mean "wildfires"). And if there's a move that would cause this, It would be nice to have a move called "Smoke"

And what about Thunderstorm? That has been seen outside of battle, but it hasn't become a real weather effect in battle as of yet. It would be nice to see something like this, lightning strikes the Pokémon each turn, but Electric-type Pokémon are immune to the effects of Thunderstorm. And what if there's a move that causes it called "Thunderstorm"? That would be so cool. ;)

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old February 14th, 2013, 05:11 AM
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I can't see them creating a move where pokémon set fire to nearby bushes and blow smoke in the direction of their enemies, myself.

Old February 14th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Schwan
Frontier Brain

Nature: Relaxed
Aha, two people beat me to Acid Rain. Also that Galestorm idea is awesome.

Do you guys consider those Room moves "weather"? I think a Room where they benefited/deducted the attack stats would be cool. Or switched them, or something I dunno lol.
Old February 14th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Faore
:D

It'd be cool if they put like windy weather there. It can lower accuracy of attacks but can also put up damage of gust or other moves that use the wind.
Old February 14th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwan View Post
Aha, two people beat me to Acid Rain. Also that Galestorm idea is awesome.

Do you guys consider those Room moves "weather"? I think a Room where they benefited/deducted the attack stats would be cool. Or switched them, or something I dunno lol.
You mean like Trick Room? Nah, they aren't really weather even though there's not much differentiating them from weather moves. If they would consider adding new type-enhancing moves or effects I'd hope they wouldn't limit it to weather though and possibly include some kind of 'room'-like move for those types who don't have obvious weather counterparts. You know, like some kind of "spooky ambiance" effect which would be good for ghosts. That's if they're going to add more weather-ish moves in the first place, which I don't think they need to do.

deviantart blog pair
Old February 14th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
If they were to add a new feature into the game to increase immersion my main hope would be that...

They create a system where npcs actually travel and are in different places at different times of the day and on different days of the week. Npcs that have places to go and not just walk back and forth on a path forever. Npcs that have their own problems and goals. (Kind of like in Xenoblade Chronicles where certain npcs had relationships and their own sidequest stories to follow)

If they can put that into Harvest Moon games from years and years ago they can do it in this game.
Old February 14th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Haza
☆A Life of Pokémon & Beyoncé ☆
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
A move involving complete darkness would be awesome. Blackout maybe? Where Dark-Types are benefited and accuracy is lost, or Pokemon will flinch or be immobilized out of fear.

Δloyisious Divo |Haza D'Ξvil
The poison that is always fatal... yet the stinger won't stop stinging
Twitter
Facebook
Old March 12th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Alright, so, birthdays. According to a source, the birthday of the player can be used to trigger certain in-game events.

The following is quoted form bulbapedia, but, these are some of the things that happened that was dependant on certain birthdays, or just things that are involving birthdays:

Quote:
In Generation I
In the Pokémon Project Studio computer design programs, there are various images and templates for birthday cards and invitations.

In Generation I and III
The journals found in the Pokémon Mansion on Cinnabar Island reveal that Mewtwo was born on February 6.

In Generation IV
The description of Gracidea states that it is sometimes given out in bouquets for birthdays.

In Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum:
After defeating the Elite Four, Lucas/Dawn in Sandgem Town will ask the player if it is his or her birthday.
Diamond dust appears in Snowpoint City on January 12, Junichi Masuda's birthday.

In Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia:
It is revealed over the course of the game that on Blake Hall's sixteenth birthday he drove his father, Brighton Hall from Altru.
The Go-Rock Quads rehearse on the grandstand at Altru Park for a performance to celebrate the opening of Altru Tower on Altru's Birthday.
After the ending, Melody asks the player to bring her musical Pokémon to help her perform a song to her brother Isaac for his birthday.

In Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky:
One of the personality questions that can be presented at the beginning of the game asks, The people at the next table are singing for someone's birthday. What do you do?

In My Pokémon Ranch:
Hayley's birthday is November 18.

In the Platinum update, a new toy was added for when it's the player's birthday, the Birthday Cake, when activated, confetti falls from the sky around it.

In Generation V

In Black and White and Black 2 and White 2:
The owner of the Pokémon Musical Theater will give the player the Prop Toy Cake.
The nurse in the Pokémon Center will ask the player if it is his or her birthday every time she is spoken to.
The mist on Route 14 and Route 15 will clear. (BW)
In Icirrus City, Aha, Wye, and Ditoh will give a special quiz. (B2W2)
On Pokémon Global Link:
From December 1, 2010 onwards, Japanese players could obtain Togekiss on the day registered as their birthday on the Pokémon Daisuki Club.
From September 1, 2011 onwards, international players could obtain Togekiss on the day registered as their birthday on their Pokémon Trainer Club account.
Now, knowing that sometimes pokemon games likes to play on certain things depending on who's birthday it is, or, if its our own birthday, how would you like Pokemon X and Y to celebrate birthdays? Could there be certain things and certain places you can go? Could there be small, certain changes to the region, according to whosoever birthday it is? What if it's your own birthday; what do you think Pokemon X and Y will do once it's our own birthday? Any other thoughts?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old March 12th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Honestly I liked the little things they've done with different developers, especially the crystal dust falling in DPP. As far as what they can give you on your birthday, it'd have to be something small so it doesn't affect gameplay at all, since certain people would obviously get it before others (since the release is in October and everything).

At the same time, I don't really think anything needs to happen on birthdays. I mean it is a nice little gimmick that it does that for the player, but I wouldn't be upset or anything if nothing was given to us.
Old March 12th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Merging this with the other thread, "The Next "Seasons"" since it covers the idea of birthdays as well.

Last edited by Guy; March 12th, 2013 at 06:46 PM.
Old March 20th, 2013, 05:41 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Going to more or less echo Jake on this one. I don't really mind if nothing was given to us (since it isn't hugely important in the long run), but yeah, I think having the Diamond Dust thing returning would be kind of neat, but otherwise, I don't really care much what GF decides to do on player's birthdays.
Old March 20th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

As far as the next seasons go, there's only one other step I could see them pulling off, and that's random weather effects. Depending on the time of year, it could be raining, be extremely sunny, snowing, etc. Not just dependent on the season though, like an actual forecast. It's not going to be sunny everyday on certain routes.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here