The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Not sure if many of you would know this, but since Pokemon X&Y will be on 3DS, that means there will NOT be any RNG abuse for quite some time. I've spoken with quite a few experts on the subject that I keep in my company, and the 3DS has NOT been cracked yet and the ROMs are encrypted. There is no emulator for them to RAM watch in.

How will this affect you? Will it make you more likely or less likely to enjoy the game?

Thoughts?

Last edited by Cordelia; January 9th, 2013 at 08:27 AM. Reason: EDIT: Typo ;-;
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
I've never really RNG'd much to begin with, so this won't interfere with my enjoyment of the game~

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I never bother with Shinies or IV's anyway so this doesn't really affect me but I can imagine it would spark some controversy for Shiny Hunters.

Old January 9th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Forever
let it go

I don't RNG but I don't think this is a good thing. :( I mean, it'll change DS competitive completely, because unless you're extremely lucky you aren't going to get good IVs. Perhaps it'll make more people revert to simulators. it'll also make my good IV but not perfect mons seem okay if I traded them to gen 6!!!
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Woot? Seriously? RNGing for in-game? There's no point at all.

When we talk about competitive... I hope we'll get some evolutions of Pokemon that had been already released so I won't bother with 6th Gen RNG for quite a bit. Also, seeing how RNG mechanics got easier in BW and BW2, I think this will be the case in 6th Gen so it will stay easy.

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family

Last edited by Gonzo; January 9th, 2013 at 08:55 AM. Reason: typo
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:53 AM
TheGr8
lovely pair<3
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Jolly
This greatly affects me for the time being, mainly because of playing in VGCs which you need flawless mons to even stay competitive. I'm sure they will figure it out eventually, it's going to really take some time but I'm sure some of the people that I know will figure out how to crack it. Also because it is a world wide release, we don't have a shot of doing it before like we have in the past. Meaning the first time we get to see any type of RNG is when the game is released, and that's not just here in the US it's anywhere. I'm sure eventually they will crack it, I have faith in OD (Omega Donut).

Youtube | Twitter | VGC| Pair

Signature by Khalei

Old January 9th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Necrum
The most dapper evil genius

Nature: Adamant
Competitive will take a hit, but there are still flawless Ditto you can import (assuming we can import) so IV breeding will become a much more viable option when trying to use 6th gen mons. Otherwise, all the existing Pokemon can still be RNGed. I don't really RNG, but I do see the potential for this to ruin CB for a while.
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:57 AM
IStreamSandwich
Karen Gillan <3
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Timid
If they introduce a way to transfer GenV to GenVI then Pokemon could be RNG'd on there (With the exception of GenVI Poke's)
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Up the traffic in trade corner, yes yes? /rubs hands eagerly

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Nope~! I tried RNGing a few times, found out that it just wasn't for me. XD So I don't think it'll really affect me a bit~
Old January 9th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffinbane View Post
Up the traffic in trade corner, yes yes? /rubs hands eagerly
Indeed, this could very well help revive trading. I'm very excited about it -- Blade and I have spoken at length on the subject already!
Old January 9th, 2013, 09:20 AM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

While I RNG, this shouldn't affect me too much. I'm already quite satisfied with Gen V RNGing. Like what Griffinbane and Mac has said, because of this, more people should start coming by the Trade Corner, which is something I would be looking foward to.

Also I'm long overdue when it comes to learning IV breeding anyways. Though I could wait until Gen VI to learn.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].

Last edited by tabor62; January 9th, 2013 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Grammar error corrected
Old January 9th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
It pretty much means back to IV breeding new pokemon for all of us, yay! But since we can still RNG the old ones, gen 5 will still be widely used, I'll bet. Still, this sorta disappoints me because with new gen already coming out (BW didn't come out THAT long ago!), gen 5 battles and rulesets and EVERYTHING official wifi is already defunct.

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old January 9th, 2013, 12:21 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
I breed for IV all the time. Much easier than RGN. That stuff will melt your brain just reading about it! Too complex for me.
Old January 9th, 2013, 12:27 PM
이큐리
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
At first I didn't care about it and then I saw the trailer...
Now I'm really sad I won't be able to RNG some Gen 6 cuties.
I have IV bred before and will do it if I have too. :/
Old January 9th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Nature: Quiet
I still have no idea how to RNG exactly, so I don't have much problem with it. However, I understand that it's one of the most significant ways to get ideal Pokemon for competitive battling, so I do feel for those people.
Old January 9th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Pingouin7
¬‿¬
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGr8 View Post
This greatly affects me for the time being, mainly because of playing in VGCs which you need flawless mons to even stay competitive.
If nobody has access to PRNG abuse to get perfect Pokémon, then why would you need to have access to that to compete in tournaments?
Old January 9th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Deokishisu
Mr. Magius

Nature: Relaxed
As long as we can still migrate forward, we can have perfect Pokemon from every generation but this new one. Could that affect the usage of the newer Pokemon as not everyone will be able to make them super awesome? Maybe.

Then again, if they can't fix the GTS exploit, people can make perfectly legal looking Pokemon on their computers and "trade" them into their games, so it probably won't make a difference. If people want to stay competitive but can't RNG, they'll migrate forward and GTS exploit in those they can't.

Last edited by Deokishisu; January 9th, 2013 at 12:50 PM.
Old January 9th, 2013, 12:47 PM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I never used RNG in my life and I don't plan to. So this really don't affect me at all
Old January 9th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I actually have no idea what RNG abuse is and what it entails. The only thing I ever really do is soft reset for shinies (with no hacking device, because they are ew), so as long as it doesn't interfere with that I won't be bothered in the slightest bit.
Old January 9th, 2013, 02:55 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
If nobody has access to PRNG abuse to get perfect Pokémon, then why would you need to have access to that to compete in tournaments?
He didn't say you that need them to be in the tournament themselves. You can go compete with normal or IV bred Pokemon if you wish to do so. What he meant was that in order to have a higher chance of winning or qualifying for any higher tournaments, RNGed Pokemon are ideal since they have the upper hand in terms of IVs and such.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old January 9th, 2013, 03:02 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
It kinda sucks that I won't be able to RNG all the new Pokémon. I guess it will be more simulator battling for everyone then.
Old January 9th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
Same with some of the others here.. I don't really know how to RNG and don't REALLY know how it even works.. so this isn't gonna affect me at all :3
Old January 9th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Deceit
Toxic.

I haven't RNGed since Diamond and Pearl, so I guess I'm OK with it. But this probably will be sad for some people who really want a pokemon shiny, or RNG for competitive battling.
Old January 9th, 2013, 04:31 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
Yeah I'm ok with it too as I've never RNG'd and it might be sad for those who want a shiny, but I think they should be randomly found not like "oh here's one, and here's one and there too!" xD but for competitive battling, that might suck for people since it might take forever to get a pokemon with all 31 IV's

Sponsored Links