The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 9th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Even if the Nintendo 3DS hasn't been cracked yet, I'm still getting Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. They're really excellent games, but the only downside is that all Pokémon fansites that list all the Pokémon won't even be able to know about the event Pokémon until they are announced by The Pokémon Company International.

Unlike with when Pokémon Diamond and Pearl were released, people at that time were able to hack the 3DS and find out about Shaymin, Darkrai and Arceus. But not this time... it's all going to be a surprise to everyone. D:

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 9th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabor62 View Post
He didn't say you that need them to be in the tournament themselves. You can go compete with normal or IV bred Pokemon if you wish to do so. What he meant was that in order to have a higher chance of winning or qualifying for any higher tournaments, RNGed Pokemon are ideal since they have the upper hand in terms of IVs and such.
No you misunderstand. If absolutely no one can RNG, then no one will have perfect Pokemon, which means perfect Pokemon will no longer be a "requirement" for a chance at the tournament because no one can have perfect Pokemon.
Old January 9th, 2013, 04:40 PM
latioslegends
What worries you masters you

Nature: Quirky
This may actually be a good thing. Having more uniquely spread IVs in the competitive environment may give newer players a higher chance of succeeding while also developing more creative strategies all around.

Besides is it really necessary to breed the most precious perfect Pokemon? Note, I do own a decent amount of RNG Pokemon.

D/P FC 4596-6614-8172
Old January 9th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Ω & α... Join the Bandwagon!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
It's not going to effect me, since I've never really been into it. Still, it really sucks for people who are into that sorta thing :/
Old January 9th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Jak
baby smod

Nature: Timid
That would SUCK. So bad. That's how I get my shinies! Cause PFFT. Shiny hunting and SRing. No thanks. Anyway, hopefully it gets figured out eventually, but even when it does, I imagine it's gonna be cryptic. :|

I haven't even RNGed B2W2 yet, so I'm not too fussed over this...but when it gets to be time for me to RNG, then yeah, I'll probably start getting antsy.

i'm gonna fly like a bird from the night
Old January 9th, 2013, 05:18 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I won't mind as I don't really RNG. Also it would give me a better chance at winning battles in competive battle!

ORAS have been confirmed Remakes by Nintendo, they aren't Sequels so let go of that idea people.
Old January 9th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Altix
Son of a Snivy and a Zoroark

Nature: Docile
what is rng guys? does this mean no shinys or no soft reset or what?
Old January 9th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
IF migration is possible, you'll still have "perfect" pokemon in the tourneys. It's just that you can't have "perfect" pokemon from gen 6 in that case. So unless we're all misunderstanding each other, both Tabor and thegr8 are right. It's possible, even likely to get away with not having RNG'd pokemon in the tourneys and scoring well (I didn't), but only as long as the right IVs are in the right places and they're not too terribly low. And Tom's a wee bit off, your pokemon doesn't have to be perfectly flawless. Eat Ludicolo and Staraptor, Tom.

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old January 9th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by latioslegends View Post
This may actually be a good thing. Having more uniquely spread IVs in the competitive environment may give newer players a higher chance of succeeding while also developing more creative strategies all around.

Besides is it really necessary to breed the most precious perfect Pokemon? Note, I do own a decent amount of RNG Pokemon.
It may not be necessary, but it's really fun for us. It'll change how we operate in Trade Corner, most definitely. A certain group of us all RNG abuse and will continue to do so on our DS lites for Gens 3-5.
Old January 9th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Quote:
"The bonds between players and Pokemon will deepen, and Pokemon will become stronger with the new battle structure." << Pieces of info from a Japanese press release
Got this off someone from TC's chatroom. Even if there will be no more rng, if the quote is true, we've all got some adapting to do.

- - - -
Old January 9th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

You should change your user title then because you're preventing our right to freedom of speech.

Anyhoo, unfortunately for me, I won't be getting XY because no 3DS, no money, blah blah. I'll still breed though, wheeeeeee! Maybe I'll buy the 3rd game for gen 6 if it comes out.

- - - -
Old January 9th, 2013, 05:52 PM
latioslegends

Quote:
It may not be necessary, but it's really fun for us. It'll change how we operate in Trade Corner, most definitely. A certain group of us all RNG abuse and will continue to do so on our DS lites for Gens 3-5.
Well I agree it must be fun I think we could go one gen without it. By all means I would like too see it continue in the fourth and fifth tier; thanks to it I've managed to obtain quite a few legit shinnies with awesome spreads! =D

D/P FC 4596-6614-8172

Last edited by latioslegends; January 9th, 2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old January 9th, 2013, 05:53 PM
M4
Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffinbane View Post
You should change your user title then because you're preventing our right to freedom of speech.

Anyhoo, unfortunately for me, I won't be getting XY because no 3DS, no money, blah blah. I'll still breed though, wheeeeeee! Maybe I'll buy the 3rd game for gen 6 if it comes out.
It's actually the other way around, the game Isn't even out yet. Why would you think rng breeding would be gone all of a sudden?

And you lost the game

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=286185
Old January 9th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by latioslegends View Post
Well I agree it must be fun I think we could go one gen without it. By all means I would like too see it continue you in the fourth and fifth tier; thanks to it I've managed to obtain quite a few legit shinnies with awesome spreads! =D
It will definitely make things more interesting. I'm actually pretty excited to make myself not rely on RNG and everything like I usually do. It'll make things fun.
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Oh, RNG will be gone temporarily for gen 6 at least because some of the folks from Smogon (I think he's from Smogon anyway) who was working on RNG said more or less "yeeeeeah no maybe later." Of course, there's people worldwide who's gonna be working on it but fact is it's been months (a year?) now since the 3DS has been released and no one's been able to crack it yet. Not only that, it'll take at least a few weeks for people to get their hands on a gen 6 cart to start cracking it, so yes, RNG will be kaput for gen 6 for at least a while. Hell, B2W2 breeding RNG hasn't even been cracked yet.

Besides, you didn't read the first post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Not sure if many of you would know this, but since Pokemon X&Y will be on 3DS, that means there will NOT be any RNG abuse for quite some time. I've spoken with quite a few experts on the subject that I keep in my company, and the 3DS has NOT been cracked yet and the ROMs are encrypted. There is no emulator for them to RAM watch in.
And what game?

- - - -

Last edited by Griffinbane; January 9th, 2013 at 06:10 PM.
latioslegends

Quote:
By all means I would like too see it continue you
I've been working on homework for too long....

Hopefully there will be easier methods to obtain a shiny within the game still.

D/P FC 4596-6614-8172
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I'm sure someone will work it out eventually. In the mean time, we can just use existing Pokémon. Unless all the tournament were like the ones at the start of B/W and only allow new Pokémon.
Old January 9th, 2013, 10:18 PM
Vehks

You mean RNG abusers will have to *GASP* play the game like it was meant to be played!?

THE HELL YOU SAY?! Dear Arceus, say it ain't so!
Old January 9th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Eucliffe
⟢ white dragon
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Eucliffe Send a message via Skype™ to Eucliffe
I suck at RNG'ing as is, so I don't mind this too much. However, I know there are a lot of people out there who enjoy doing it, so more than likely someone'll find a way to make it work eventually.
Old January 9th, 2013, 10:24 PM
Hamako-chan
Our unbreakable bond...

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Hamako-chan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hamako-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Hamako-chan
It wouldn't affect me and some of my friends much. Most of us (including myself) have little experience on the top of RNG. I read an article and guide about RNG last year but forgot everything I read.

White FC: 2881 2384 3038
Platinum FC: 4082 4798 2423
Old January 9th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
I haven't RNG'd yet but eventually I would like to know how, I actually think this might be good for gen 6! People might move from being interested in the inner stats of Pokemon and maybe the Pokemon themselves, or maybe we'll just have to learn how to IV breed
Old January 10th, 2013, 12:39 AM
이큐리
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
I think most RNGers already know how to IV breed. We just prefer RNG as it has better results.
I do not look forward to IV breeding again. >w>
Old January 10th, 2013, 12:53 AM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

While you can still easily get flawless Pokemon through IV breeding, you're stuck with a basic PokeBall. I don't think I can use a Pokemon if its ball doesn't match its sprite colors. Favorable Hidden Power spreads on new pokemon will also be a hot commodity.

GAME FREAK IF YOURE READING THIS ALLOW US TO CHANGE A POKEMONS BALL IN GEN 6, THXXXX.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old January 10th, 2013, 03:25 AM
Helios93

I dont care about RNG. I'm glad that RNG abused will be stop for a while for 3ds. I have a lot, well and legit breed pokemon with a range of 3-5 stats with perfect IV's. I got it mostly based on luck while breeding the pokemon I want. I took pride in breeding my pokemon. I could use them to chain breed pokemon in Gen 6.
Old January 10th, 2013, 04:29 AM
Axton
hear me roar

Huh, weird. I'm certain I RNG'd B/W on a 3DS... but then, I'm guessing that's because they're DS games? Idk how this stuff works haha. Also, do we know that there definitely won't ever be RNG abuse just because we don't have it yet?

Anyway, predictable response here: I think the people who did RNG abuse will miss it but I doubt it'd stop anyone from buying the game. Anyone determined enough to get what they'd get via RNG will do it manually or, failing that, via AR. As for me - I used to RNG abuse but not so much now. I won't miss it since I've no real use for it any more.

Sponsored Links