The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Old January 9th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Haza
☆A Life of Pokémon & Beyoncé ☆
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
I'd like to see maybe a mermaid trio... like a beautiful mermaid, a wicked siren, and a Trident king.

Δloyisious Divo |Haza D'Ξvil
The poison that is always fatal... yet the stinger won't stop stinging
Twitter
Facebook
Old January 9th, 2013, 09:03 PM
pokemanmdj
Random Passerby

Nature: Relaxed
>X and Y represent chromosomes
>chromosomes dictate/are part DNA
>Deoxys's name come from DNA
>Deoxy is from 3rd gen
R/S/E REMAKES CONFIRMED AFTER X AND Y

I, personally, see this playing out like G/S/C. The legendary mascots don't seem to have much to do with each other. And, seeing as one is a bird and one is emerging from a forest, perhaps, this could partially dictate their types.
Old January 9th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Septentrion
Evilutionary biologist

Nature: Bold
I think they should be based on quantum particals.

Higgs Boson, Controls mass(Ghost/Dragon)
Nuetrino (Ghost/Normal)
Quarks (Rock/Ghost)
Old January 9th, 2013, 11:24 PM
Honeyman

I'm just going to dump some ideas for legendaries they haven't used yet.
4 elements of nature (fire, earth, wind, water)
The two main zodiacs(Northern/Chinese)
Heaven and Hell (this might not come to be, but it will be interesting)
Life and Death
Different ages (the regis covered stone, ice, and steel, so I'm imagining steam, industrial, and computer).

And I strongly support the idea of the Pegasi/Griffins and the such.

Supporter of crappy banners
Old January 9th, 2013, 11:32 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
I feel like they've been refreshing Pokemon alot now and making it into a new experience, so not anything we would expect, this is what I would like to see though.
A sort of mythological creature for each one, maybe horses, of some sort idk why xD
Old January 10th, 2013, 12:05 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeyman View Post
Yessss. While I can't really visualise on what this'd be (all I see is giant powerful beings), I think something like this would be pretty awesome to see (although somewhat unlikely I'd say as it doesn't really fit in with the DNA theme).
Old January 10th, 2013, 04:21 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Yessss. While I can't really visualise on what this'd be (all I see is giant powerful beings), I think something like this would be pretty awesome to see (although somewhat unlikely I'd say as it doesn't really fit in with the DNA theme).
I wouldn't say the Legendary Trio has to fit in with the DNA theme at all. RSE didn't make the Regis have anything to do with what was going on with Groudon, Kyogre, or Rayquaza. In the original GSC and the later HG/SS, Entei, Raikou, and Suicune had no ties to what Ho-oh and Lugia were. And I believe the same could be said about the genies and the three swordsmen from Black and White. They all stood on their own separate from the mascots.

There's the possibility that the new trio could have a connection to the mascots like how DPPt, more so Platinum, did with their trio, but overall I don't think they'll have to fit in with a DNA theme unless they're important to the main plot.
Old January 10th, 2013, 04:32 AM
Manganum
Your local sine wave

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeyman View Post
I'm just going to dump some ideas for legendaries they haven't used yet.
(snip)
Different ages (the regis covered stone, ice, and steel, so I'm imagining steam, industrial, and computer).
The Weather Trio covered the four elements. Groudon was fire/earth, Kyogre was water and Rayquaza was wind.
Also, steam and industrial are the same thing.
Old January 10th, 2013, 04:46 AM
BLOOOD-La-ti-
This is the place to try!

Nature: Jolly
I seriously have no idea,
Ghosts would be awesome since they haven't used them yet,
and yet 4 elements of nature is also good.

oh check this out:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=373174
My new account. :3
Old January 10th, 2013, 11:24 AM
davyddhowardii
Pokemon World Champion

Nature: Docile
Has there been any confirmations of new legendaries other than the mains?
Old January 10th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
We haven't seen any other new Pokémon besides the three new starters and the two mascots. But, I'm willing to bet that there will be other Legendary Pokémon included. For instance, the inevitable region's Legendary Trio as well as the baby-like legendary a la Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, etc. Plus, I'm sure GameFreak may have a few other legendaries up their sleeves for the new games as well. We'll just have to wait and see.
Old January 10th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Esper

It's really a shame they already did the musketeers since they'd be perfect for a region based on France.

So what are some French things that come in threes? Liberté, égalité, fraternité! Liberty, equality and brotherhood.

• Liberty could be of a type that represents spreading out and having freedom. Grass, which grows and spreads out wherever there is space; water, which flows into whatever space its in or like a river; or flying, as in the freedom to fly in the sky. It should be colored blue.
  • Equality should be a normal type, being the most balanced, and should be white.
  • Brotherhood I think might be well represented with a fighting type, since the martial arts aspect of that type puts me in mind of camaraderie. I suppose fire could also work in the sense that fire is like passion. I dunno. This one should be red regardless.

deviantart blog pair
Old January 10th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyddhowardii View Post
Has there been any confirmations of new legendaries other than the mains?
Nope there hasn't, although I don't think said trio will be revealed until MUCH later in the reveal process.
Old January 10th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
I was thinking that assuming that the whole DNA theme will be apparent, perhaps these three can have at least have the move Transform, or the ability Imposter?

As for the pokemon, since DNA is one of the fundamentals of life, perhaps these three legendary pokemon can have a theme that has something to do with life. Well, some say that life can go into three stages; take all life forms for example:

Life forms have a birth,
They age,
And then they die; or experience death.

Maybe the trio can represent that?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 10th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Eucliffe
E N T E R T A I N E R
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Eucliffe Send a message via Skype™ to Eucliffe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
I was thinking that assuming that the whole DNA theme will be apparent, perhaps these three can have at least have the move Transform, or the ability Imposter?

As for the pokemon, since DNA is one of the fundamentals of life, perhaps these three legendary pokemon can have a theme that has something to do with life. Well, some say that life can go into three stages; take all life forms for example:

Life forms have a birth,
They age,
And then they die; or experience death.

Maybe the trio can represent that?
Oh, I like this idea! And the first could be at least Normal, since babies start off fresh and Normal seems to fit that; the second could be at least Psychic, because Psychic = wisdom, which you acquire with age; and the last could be at least Ghost for obvious reasons. Or something like that XD
Old January 10th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

Nature: Timid
Personally, I think they should have kept the Musketeer trio for XY. Isn't the story of the Three Musketeers a French story? Oh well!

As for any speculation on this, idk really. I'm serious about the Musketeer trio though. Should have been for this generation. :(
Old January 10th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
I really want a pure ghost or pure Poison type legendary!

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old January 10th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Deceit
Toxic.

Well, I guess they might not have been thinking about Gen 6 being in France or something, idk. Otherwise the Musketeer trio would have been released now instead of B/W.

I was kind of thinking of having a situation similar to Mewtwo, where there were 2 legendary pokemon, but one had its DNA altered and managed to escape, but it changed and became more evil-ish. But that's kind of close to the story from Gen 1. And that doesn't make a trio. But the idea about life is pretty cool, they might try that.
Old January 10th, 2013, 07:32 PM
BlockedHeart
Pokemon Master

Nature: Brave
Not sure if this is really relevant at all, but when searching what DNA is made up of, I found that it is made up of three parts:

"The DNA, deoxyribo nucleic acid is a polymer of nucleotides.
The nucleotides are made up of three major parts.

1) Deoxy ribose(pentose sugar)

2) phosphate group

3)bases ( Purines: adenine ,guanine and pyrimidines: thymine and cytosine)

The base is attached to the pentose sugar by glycosidic bonds. The base and the pentose sugar together is called nucleoside.
Along with phosphate group nucleoside is called a nucleotide. ( eg :adenosine mono phosphate guanosine monophosphte etc)
The deoxy ribose sugar and phosphate group of the nucleotide are joined by phospho diester bonds

The DNA is a double helix structure containing two polymers of nucleotide chains.
the deoxy ribose sugar and phosphate group of the nucleotides in both strands of DNA makes the back bone of the DNA. This backbone is hyderophilic in nature .
The inner core of the DNA contains the bases which are attached to the backbone. (ribose sugar)
The base molecules of each nucleotide in each strand is bonded in the inner core of the DNA through hydrogen bonds.
The purine bases A and C bonds only with the pyrimidine bases T and G respectively. Thus the bases in the nucleotides in each strand makes complementary base pairing in the inner core of the DNA. These bases are bonded to each other through hydrogen bonds."

Not sure if anyone else has picked up on this yet, but if the whole Chromosomes speculation is correct, then I think the three will possibly have something to do with DNA makeup... Which I think would be pretty awesome. Pokemon that could shapeshift, or have an ability to be used together to form different forms at anytime possibly? This could be interesting. Again, not sure if this is relevant at all, but thought that it was interesting that I came across this factoid.

In my opinion, I'd love to see some more legendary birds... To many four legged creatures these days :D They'd have to be pretty unique though. Maybe Flying/Fire, Flying/Water, Flying/Grass? (Even though we've had these before, not necessarily as powerful as a legendary.) Those could be great. Probably not happening, but it's what I'd like to see. I really think they should make the legendaries, whatever they end up being, Fire, Water, Grass... Back to basics. When I saw this game for the first time a few days ago, I thought it looked like the absolute stupidest thing I'd ever seen, and that Pokemon would be ruined, but then I saw the trailer, and it looked great... The only problem is, they are stepping way out of their comfort zone, and having some simplistic aspects to the game might allow them to stay at least a little closer to home, just my opinion though.
Old January 10th, 2013, 07:49 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
The Muskeeters and Deoxys, Mew, and Mewtwo and Kyurem would fit nicely in these games...maybe they could add them into post game or something...

On topic: I think the life trio will be reserved for the main legends trio or at least that's how I see it...we might be wrong though as many of us thought Reshiram and Zekrom represented Nature versus Technology (though they did use that them for the exclusive locations).
They could make a trio of unconnected types for once such as Rock, Psychic, and Water.
Old January 11th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Digimon Kaiser
White and Nerdy

Nature: Adamant
I know the region is France-based, but how about the Four Holy Beasts of Ancient China?

Blue Dragon (Grass/Dragon)
Black Turtle (Water/Dark)
White Tiger (Steel/Psychic)
Red Phoenix (Fire/Flying)

and a Ground/Electric type Golden Unicorn could be their leader!
-Vladimir Lenin
Old January 11th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Arlo

I think it's long past time for legendary cats.
Old January 11th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Frost Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
I think it's long past time for legendary cats.
I concur. x) Although through all of the Eeveelutions and the Beast trio, I don't know how possible it is that they would use cats for reference.
Old January 11th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

Quote:
I concur. x) Although through all of the Eeveelutions and the Beast trio, I don't know how possible it is that they would use cats for reference.
A lot of people see the Eeveelutions as fox/wolf Pokemon more than cats, I've noticed. And the legendary beasts of Johto I see referred to as dogs more than cats. It would be nice to have a legendary trio that are obviously cats. XD They do like cats in France, right!? Le chat!
Old January 11th, 2013, 06:06 PM
ThatSuperHappyCloud
Cloud

Nature: Serious
i sure like the sound of legendary horses, but im just hoping they dont put to many lengends in this time, just the 2 main lengends (x and y) then a trio. and then maybe a event legend like victini and shaymin were

sorry for double post but if they decide to release a 3rd game later down the line like they did with Emerald and Platinum and Crystal, what would that legend be? probably something to do with "Z" but who knows......

http://www.youtube.com/user/JrLxGaming?feature=mhee

signature and avatar made by me

Last edited by ThatSuperHappyCloud; January 11th, 2013 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links