The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 9th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Forever

So in Unova we couldn't water them or grow them, and assuming the Dream World stays Generation Five, do you think they'll be able to be planted in this region once more? Or even in a pot plant, or something along those lines? Do you see it as something this region will include? Share your thoughts! If so would they change the original growth mechanics or not? As in what it takes to grow stuff, etc.

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old January 9th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Deceit
Toxic.

Nature: Timid
I think berries will be planted around the region, yes. It was easier before rather than to go onto some dream world thing online. I also liked planting berries, I remember how I used to plant berries wherever I could in R/S/E, it was fun. I think the original mechanics are fine, it shouldn't really be sped up, because that kind of makes it too easy.
Old January 9th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Well, in the trailer, there seems to be a lot of vegetation, like in grasslands, in jungles, and in forests, so, I do hope there will be nice soil to harvest berries. If not, maybe the dream world will provide that, assuming that dream world will still have the same mechanics.

Hm, maybe there is a key item like some sort of a greenhouse small pot full of soil, where you can take care and grow a berry plant morally? Alas, I think the growth mechanics will remain the same, but they can add in different types of items like different mulches and different fertilizers.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 9th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Jak
greatest of heroes

It'd be great if growing berries returned. I had a lot of fun with it in gen III and I don't use Dream World, so I didn't get any in gen V except what's given to you in the story. Being able to grow your own berries is just so efficient and fun. I hate that it got removed in gen V. Pleeeease bring it back, Game Freak. :(

Fouetté | Rygarde | Déesse | Parfum | Pamplemousse
pairs | super mod of challenges | avatar by kaori

alli: i don't feel like being the big bad bottle of orange juice today
Necrum: Is that a reference to your Smod color? lol
alli: yes
Old January 9th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Elite Four Lucian
Elite Four - Psychic User

Nature: Brave
I highly doubt this feature will come back. They tried it in 4th GEN and failed with it, so that is probably why you never saw it after that. That I can remember anyway.

Wanting to Trade: An Elgato Game Capture HD for an Black or Red 3DS + Pokemon X or Y. Let me know if you are interested.
Old January 9th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Vader
League Champion

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Vader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deceit View Post
I think berries will be planted around the region, yes. It was easier before rather than to go onto some dream world thing online. I also liked planting berries, I remember how I used to plant berries wherever I could in R/S/E, it was fun. I think the original mechanics are fine, it shouldn't really be sped up, because that kind of makes it too easy.
I think so too. Growing them, having certain patches where you could grow a ton, etc, was the fun part and gave you other things to do in your downtime.
Old January 9th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

Nature: Gentle
I'll say this:

I never used Dream World for growing berries in Gen V. Like, ever. .__. I actually thought that was kind of lame...so I do hope that you can grow berries in this game.

Not only that, but I hope that there are more kinds of berries, too! The fact that this is a different region might mean that there might be more varieties of berries~!
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Lady Gunner
☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆

Nature: Sassy
I hope they bring it back since berries actually adds a slight excitement to us... And planting berries kills time too... :3

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

gunnerpow7

☆ paired with MidnightShine, Twihiki_Amias, PachyfcgPC Showdown ☆ Lady Gunner ☆ defunct account ☆
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura
I killed Syd's bf

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Four Lucian View Post
I highly doubt this feature will come back. They tried it in 4th GEN and failed with it, so that is probably why you never saw it after that. That I can remember anyway.
They wanted the Global Link to thrive, so I suppose that's why berries were there. Bad idea.

I want my berries in-game. And I really hope they do, because getting them from random Rangers or random drops from Pokémon isn't exactly convenient. (Picking them from random spots would also be a regression.)

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!

Nature: Calm
I think growing Berries will indeed make a return. Maybe you'll be able to grow them in your garden in the player's house, that is if they include gardens in there. It would be also great to see berries appearing in the same way as they did in Ruby and Sapphire, as well as Diamond and Pearl.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Eucliffe
⟢ white dragon

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Eucliffe Send a message via Skype™ to Eucliffe
If they do make a return, I kind of hope they can be grown in portable Berry Pots like in HGSS, since that made it a lot easier to keep track of your berries, not to mention you don't have to fly all over to water them. And then maybe you could start with four pots and be able to acquire more later on? Idk XD
Old January 9th, 2013, 09:10 PM
pokemanmdj
Random Passerby

Nature: Relaxed
I hope berries return.

I really liked the Berry system. I didn't exactly like having to always go to the DW to always get a large amount of berries.

Speaking of stuff that needs to come back, you know what else should come back?
The trick master's house! I loved that guys house! And since it's supposedly based off of France, maybe he could speak all French-ish.
Old January 9th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Dillon_68
Lover of Winter

If there aren't berry trees, at least make those Join Avenue EV items easier to obtain.
Old January 9th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Pink Mommy
Pokemon Breeder

Berries should be back to the game and not stay in the DW. Not all of us have acess or time to be going there daily.
A whole generation without them and without being able to migrate them along with pokemon was enough of a torture. I hope they don't decide to do the same thing again.

Paired With LilJz123
Old January 9th, 2013, 11:09 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to pikakitten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deceit View Post
Yeah but I say that maybe if you're on the go, or want to make Pokeblocks on the road (because those are my favorite over poffins and juice xD)
Old January 9th, 2013, 11:12 PM
Pink Mommy
Pokemon Breeder

Yes, pokeblocks please.
I hate stirring that pot to make poffins!

Paired With LilJz123
Old January 10th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Cat

Send a message via Skype™ to Cat
I hope they re-introduce Berry Trees, although it's unlikely it would make collecting berries so much easier than going into the Dream World.

Old January 11th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!

So we've pretty much discussed about what kind of mechanism you'd like to see to grow berries in Pokémon X and Y.

But what about new berry types? Diamond/Pearl introduced several new kinds of berries which were added on from the berries that were introduced in Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire.

What would you like to see as new types of berries?

I'd certainly like to see some types of berries that cause status ailments like poisoning if eaten, but being able to increase some statuses like Attack or Special Attack.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 11th, 2013, 06:35 PM
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

Nature: Bashful
PLEASE have berries actually be of somewhat important significance this time around.

I do admit the fact Unova just did away with berries altogether peeved me a little. I dream of a game where Potions aren't so common and berries are the main method of healing (obviously, we'd need berries that can restore more HP, but that's easy to fix).
Old January 11th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by tente2 View Post
PLEASE have berries actually be of somewhat important significance this time around.

I do admit the fact Unova just did away with berries altogether peeved me a little. I dream of a game where Potions aren't so common and berries are the main method of healing (obviously, we'd need berries that can restore more HP, but that's easy to fix).
I'm sorry...but I have to say it.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

As for new berries, that would be cool. In the new evolution thread I posted something about a new cooking Mini-game similar to making Poffins. Other than berries you'd be able to use other ingrediants, but berries would still be one of the main uses. New food berries would be nice.
Old January 11th, 2013, 07:02 PM
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
I'm sorry...but I have to say it.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

As for new berries, that would be cool. In the new evolution thread I posted something about a new cooking Mini-game similar to making Poffins. Other than berries you'd be able to use other ingrediants, but berries would still be one of the main uses. New food berries would be nice.
I've never actually played Mystery Dungeon before! It's one of those things I haven't ever tried.

The cooking idea would be cool! I liked making Poffins. Generally, I like the cute minigames they have, like the Pokeathlon as well... it's a shame they don't have more minigames like those.
Old January 11th, 2013, 07:24 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
Merged these two threads on berries.

I would like berries to come back, but only if it is in the game itself (not in DW when you can only access them every 24 hours and not even every day), and also I would much prefer being able to grow berries in the wild. Heck, I''d even take the 'loamy ground' text again!

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Old January 12th, 2013, 02:18 AM
Forever

As for me, I'd like to see berries plant-able, somewhere. Maybe across that bridge thing near water within the trainer, it seems "loamy" as the games like to say, and seems like a kind of place for berries. idk from what I've seen it looks like a place where berries are very suited. :(

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old January 12th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Sassy Milkshake
It's ok to cry.

Nature: Sassy
I don't ever really use berries tbh, I always use different hold items and/or restoration items. But I think it'd be cool to have berries come back. I always enjoyed seeing what the trees looked like in gen 3 and 4.

Old January 12th, 2013, 11:22 AM
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell View Post
If they do make a return, I kind of hope they can be grown in portable Berry Pots like in HGSS, since that made it a lot easier to keep track of your berries, not to mention you don't have to fly all over to water them. And then maybe you could start with four pots and be able to acquire more later on? Idk XD
What if you were able to take the four pots with you for the four berries you'd find yourself using more often/you like the most while you can still grow the majority of them across the map? I think berries in the wild is best too and I honestly enjoyed them in Gen III that way.

The Dream World isn't bad, I just really don't like how much more of a chore it is to access. Too bad there probably wouldn't be a way to put the game on standby and access it through the browser...I wouldn't be as put off by it, though I'd still just rather they be ingame.

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.co...-map-251951922
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links