The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 1st, 2013, 06:41 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle

Advertise here
Yeah. .__. I mean, it's pretty questionable how Stunfisk is the only Ground/Electric type, and that it has a pretty decent typing I suppose, so I wouldn't mind another Pokemon like that. Other good possible type combinations could be Psychic/Ground(something that is not Claydol). Other than that, Ground pretty much got paired up with a lot of other types, sans things that it shouldn't be paired up with anyway, like Fighting, Dark(?) etc, since that'll add more weaknesses than necessary.
Old March 14th, 2013, 03:39 AM
Forever
let it go

How about more Psychic-types? I mean a lot of psychic-types make me think of DNA and altered DNA, and if DNA is a theme, could we expect more Psychic-types to appear...?
Old March 14th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
We still need more Fire types. The past two generations really haven't had anything going for them in terms of Fire types, and I'd love to see more. Also like to see less Bug types. They were rather prominent last generation in my opinion, so a smaller amount of them please.
Old March 15th, 2013, 07:23 PM
SunnyZ
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Jolly
I think more ghost types and dark types are needed; both types are somewhat uncommon out of the rest of the 17 types.

Oh ho ho ho ho ho, Baguette!
Old March 16th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Markopolo

The most common type of all is water. The last thing we need is more water type pokemon. What pokemon is lacking of is pure steel type (there's only 5), and pure flying type (there's only 1).
Old March 18th, 2013, 02:28 AM
Forever
let it go

I'd like to think that if there's more steels there would be more dragons in a way, to kind of even it up so that there's steel AND dragon, so the former cancels out the latter, etc, so we probably should expect more steels (and pure ones at that!)
Old March 18th, 2013, 04:54 AM
Archeops12354
Smoochum

All I really want is a dragon-type that you can find at the start of the game. :D

But I do agree that there should be more ghost, dark, and psychic types in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
We still need more Fire types. The past two generations really haven't had anything going for them in terms of Fire types, and I'd love to see more. Also like to see less Bug types. They were rather prominent last generation in my opinion, so a smaller amount of them please.
What do you mean - haven't had anything going for them? The fire types have been done extremely well in the past 2 gens, I'll have you know. We have Chandelure, Darmanitan, and Volcarona in gen 5 alone, I don't see why you think this way towards fire types. I believe fire-types should remain moderately rare, but powerful throughout the series. Bugs and water 'mons are very common, but generally very weak. Do you really want the fire type to be powered down in exchange for higher numbers and more convenience?

Gen 6.

Last edited by Archeops12354; March 18th, 2013 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 18th, 2013, 05:12 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archeops12354 View Post
What do you mean - haven't had anything going for them? The fire types have been done extremely well in the past 2 gens, I'll have you know. We have Chandelure, Darmanitan, and Volcarona in gen 5 alone, I don't see why you think this way towards fire types. I believe fire-types should remain moderately rare, but powerful throughout the series. Bugs and water 'mons are very common, but generally very weak. Do you really want the fire type to be powered down in exchange for higher numbers and more convenience?
Um, I disagree with that concept. You find a bunch of water types, and yet a good majority of them are pretty useful. Jellicent, Gastrodon, and Keldeo are good ones, to name a few. There's also Floatzel (who functions well in lower tiers). Seismitoad is somewhere in that area, too! I'm agreeing with Jake in that Fire-types are actually far and few between in terms of strength.

Think about it: This generation has brought us both Chandelure and Volcarona. You've made your point with Volcarona, who can be a formidable Pokemon in the hands of the right person. And of course, Chandelure is the same but...at the same time, people want variety, y'know? They don't want their choices to be limited, and let me tell you why: if you're going to use Chandelure, you're probably best off scarfing it for maximum potential. If you're using Volcarona, you'd probably best do a Chestorest set for outstalling or just go plain out offensive, but the problem with Volc is that you'd best have a spinner, because Stealth Rock is its worst enemy.

It's nice to have so much variety to choose from, and that's why water types are such a diverse and yet excellent type to choose from. It's like, you don't go without seeing a team that has at least one water type (competitvely, that is). Gyarados, Milotic (I would assume she's seen more on lower tiers), Quagsire (both low and high tiers), and the list really goes on and on. You have choices to choose from, and that's kind of what I'm hoping with this generation's fire types. Of course, an abundance of them probably would be asking too much, but it should be enough that people should be able to have good selection out of them.

I mean, good selection. Not things like Heatmor. I doubt people still remember that thing exists. .__.
Old March 18th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Archeops12354
Smoochum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Um, I disagree with that concept. You find a bunch of water types, and yet a good majority of them are pretty useful. Jellicent, Gastrodon, and Keldeo are good ones, to name a few. There's also Floatzel (who functions well in lower tiers). Seismitoad is somewhere in that area, too! I'm agreeing with Jake in that Fire-types are actually far and few between in terms of strength.

Think about it: This generation has brought us both Chandelure and Volcarona. You've made your point with Volcarona, who can be a formidable Pokemon in the hands of the right person. And of course, Chandelure is the same but...at the same time, people want variety, y'know? They don't want their choices to be limited, and let me tell you why: if you're going to use Chandelure, you're probably best off scarfing it for maximum potential. If you're using Volcarona, you'd probably best do a Chestorest set for outstalling or just go plain out offensive, but the problem with Volc is that you'd best have a spinner, because Stealth Rock is its worst enemy.

It's nice to have so much variety to choose from, and that's why water types are such a diverse and yet excellent type to choose from. It's like, you don't go without seeing a team that has at least one water type (competitvely, that is). Gyarados, Milotic (I would assume she's seen more on lower tiers), Quagsire (both low and high tiers), and the list really goes on and on. You have choices to choose from, and that's kind of what I'm hoping with this generation's fire types. Of course, an abundance of them probably would be asking too much, but it should be enough that people should be able to have good selection out of them.

I mean, good selection. Not things like Heatmor. I doubt people still remember that thing exists. .__.
Ha ha, Heatmor is so bad it doesn't even count as a fire-type.

Sorry, I was tired and I completely forgot about all the GOOD water 'mons! I even have a Gyarados on B2 as my water-type, the greatest (non-legendary) water type EVA. Heh, sorry for being ignorant BTW, water is a great and reliable type to have on any team.

However, there are still way too many water 'mons out there, maybe GF should scale the number down a few.

Gen 6.
Old March 18th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archeops12354 View Post
Ha ha, Heatmor is so bad it doesn't even count as a fire-type. :)

Sorry, I was tired and I completely forgot about all the GOOD water 'mons! I even have a Gyarados on B2 as my water-type, the greatest (non-legendary) water type EVA. Heh, sorry for being ignorant BTW, water is a great and reliable type to have on any team.

However, there are still way too many water 'mons out there, maybe GF should scale the number down a few.
Assuming that the Pokemon World shares the same bodies of water as our world, then that means that the majority of their world is covered in water too, so it would make sense why there are so many water types out there. It would make sense seeing more fire-types near Volcanoes, and things of that nature, but like I said, variety! Fire/Water, Fire/Dark, make fire types found in places where you'd never really expect them to be found, and I'd think that would make a good many a player happy really. It would appeal to me, at least. xD;
Old March 18th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Troye
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
Assuming that the Pokemon World shares the same bodies of water as our world, then that means that the majority of their world is covered in water too, so it would make sense why there are so many water types out there. It would make sense seeing more fire-types near Volcanoes, and things of that nature, but like I said, variety! Fire/Water, Fire/Dark, make fire types found in places where you'd never really expect them to be found, and I'd think that would make a good many a player happy really. It would appeal to me, at least. xD;
This is why I'd love a region where we can incorporate both the water elements that are surely to be there with a more varied landscape that would give us some more type variety. It's why I loved having Hoenn with Mt. Chimney and Fiery Path to give us some Fire types. The past two generations just haven't really had anywhere that would have a Fire type to appear naturally. I'd just love to see some more places where they'd appear.
Old March 19th, 2013, 12:54 AM
Archeops12354
Smoochum

Quote:
This is why I'd love a region where we can incorporate both the water elements that are surely to be there with a more varied landscape that would give us some more type variety. It's why I loved having Hoenn with Mt. Chimney and Fiery Path to give us some Fire types. The past two generations just haven't really had anywhere that would have a Fire type to appear naturally. I'd just love to see some more places where they'd appear.
I agree with you there, in B2 there is a place called reversal mountain, and even has magma pools inside! You'd think that there would be many fire types, right? Not the case, the only fire-types you can find are numel and camerupt (which are not very good fire types). I was just hoping for more fire 'mons in that place, why not be able to find a Magmar or Magby in there? There are tonnes of magma pools, and the 'mons even have 'magma' in their names. This just confused me.

Bottom line, I want more pokemon to appear in the appropriate environments.

Gen 6.
Old March 19th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Just making this comment here, but more electric types wouldn't hurt either. The only good (non-legendary) electric types as of fifth generation turn out to be either Zebstrika or Elektross, and I think it would help things a bit if there were more of them, perhaps?
Old March 19th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Magykx
It's too cold for you here.

Nature: Bold
I would like to see more Ghost types, simply because Ghost types >
Old March 19th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Scarecr0wFixatioN

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecr0wFixatioN
I really want more bug, fire, ghost, and dark types. Gen V handled bugs pretty nicely though, but I'd still like to see more viable ones.
Old March 19th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Some more Ghost types would be cool too, so I definitely agree with you there ^^; There should be some more bug types too, but I think the type that really needs the push here in this generation is Poison. Especially so since Poison hasn't really been getting much of a boost, so it'd be nice if there were at least somewhat more of them, hopefully good poison types, that is.
Old March 20th, 2013, 12:11 AM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Nature: Brave
I'd like to see more Dark types. There's too few of them imo compared to everything else, esp. Water types.

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
Old March 20th, 2013, 02:39 AM
Hoenn
➜is not the last B E A C O N

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
"Water, water everywhere, but not a single drop to drink".

This applies to each region. They might have had a huge amount of water types, but most weren't very strong and thus inflated the "Ooh, I can pick a lot of waters" balloon.

So I would like to see more Water types, but this time with good stats, movepools, etc. so that there would actually be some spice to the game.

Previously known as Elaitenstile 
Old March 20th, 2013, 10:47 PM
swift13
taylur swift

Nature: Relaxed
we need more flying types imo :/
b/w only had like 2 good flying types (archeops & sigilyph)
Old March 20th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Yeah but Hoenn had, like, Numel and Torkoal, and Slugma from Johto. The selection really sucked.

Sinnoh had a volcano as well but it was in the postgame unfortunately.

You don't need a volcano for Fire-types. Take Unova. Darumaka is in the desert, and Litwick is in the Celestial Tower. Growlithe and Magby are found in a workers' location. Usually the volcanoes have been home to really crappy Fire-type Pokémon like Torkoal and Slugma, so taking them as an example of good location for Fire Pokémon isn't a very good idea.

Everyone wants more of this and more of that, but there are types that should be rare. Ghost and Dragon are supposed to be rare Pokémon, so there are fewer of them. And they're usually very powerful anyway, unlike Water-types which are the most represented yet there's a huge amount of useless things among them.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Old March 21st, 2013, 04:33 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift13 View Post
we need more flying types imo :/
b/w only had like 2 good flying types (archeops & sigilyph)
I understand that this is more of a subjective matter, but I believe that there's more useful flying types than just those two! Swoobat (to some sort of extent) is decent, and Braviary is certainly not to be underestimated. The Kami trio are also a good pair of flying types, though that's if you're including legendaries. If not, the aforementioned before the Kami trio would suffice.
Old March 21st, 2013, 08:58 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Swanna was no push over either, but that's a topic that doesn't necessarily belong here. I don't think we need more Flying types per say, but stronger and more useful Flying types would be nice. Not counting legendaries, while each generation has had its own share of Flying types to count for, there have really only been a few that stands above the rest and is really used for competitive battling. The rest is usually just better suited for in-game play or lower tier brackets in the meta-game.
Old March 29th, 2013, 12:17 AM
Cossolotto32
Pokemon Collector!

Nature: Jolly
Fire and electric for sure. But some more really cool bug combinations would be nice! Bug/Dragon, Bug/Ground Anyone??
Old March 29th, 2013, 12:40 AM
silverwind93

I really hope they introduce some great new water types. With the exception of Alomomola and Basculin, I didn't care too much for the other water additions. Ducklett in particular just looked like a blue Farfetch'd.
Old March 29th, 2013, 05:24 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwind93 View Post
I really hope they introduce some great new water types. With the exception of Alomomola and Basculin, I didn't care too much for the other water additions. Ducklett in particular just looked like a blue Farfetch'd.
Water does have a lot to choose from though, and the point will come into question that if there's a lot of water types "where to go from now? will we forever be stuck with water overload?" I mean, it's only generation six, but after so little in generation five, if they go all out from that point I think they might annoy fans by ~overdose~.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here