The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Advertise here

Old January 16th, 2013, 11:02 AM
KingKaos
Non-legendary Pokemon FTW!

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
I just wanted to know will we just have one digimon throughout the whole story or will we be able to recruit more digimon to our team and switch it up? So I guess with that I have to ask are we using digivices from dawn and dusk or xros loaders which would allow us to digixros? Sorry I'm asking so many questions

Full Power comes from their hearts!
Old January 16th, 2013, 11:59 AM
TheUglyDucklett
Quack.

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to TheUglyDucklett
@HTS: You should be fine; just make sure your character doesn't die in-game :b

@KingKaos: While it'll be up to what other people will want to do in terms of numbers, I'd rather keep it to one "real" partner digimon. I won't say no to recruiting some digimon to aid the Earth campaign, and they might be more loyal to certain people than they are to others, but I am going to say no to multiple tamed digimon that the tamer can xros or digivolve with one device.

Recruited digimon can digivolve, since they are still digimon, but without a tamer they can't advance/revert without gaining/losing energy. Not to mention that a majority of the digimon that are going to be encountered are corrupted. The obvious spoiler is that the corruption can be purified, but it's much harder to encounter outside of the tamed digimon (the corrupted digimon and the tamer have to have a genuine heart-to-heart connection for it to work).

But I am fine with questions :b

Last edited by TheUglyDucklett; January 16th, 2013 at 12:13 PM.
Old January 16th, 2013, 12:07 PM
<Challenger>
Wake me when you need me.

Nature: Jolly
Excellent! We shall have a small task force composed of our guys and some strays! xD

@Ducklett: You won't have to worry about Bakura. Gil's got his back.
Old January 16th, 2013, 01:13 PM
KingKaos

Ok I just wanted to know because I think Kaiba would at least want Draco then two more subjects/servants under him in order to create a "throne" and "kingdom" for himself. I was just curious to what freedoms I would have in regards to that kind of stuff.

But you are saying we could digixros? Or is that a no?

Last edited by KingKaos; January 16th, 2013 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 16th, 2013, 01:41 PM
TheUglyDucklett
Quack.

I'm saying if the xrosed digimon are tamed then no. But I guess if they just happen to be able to tune together then fine. I'm not that familiar with that season so I think you should make the choice of either skipping out on biomerge in favor of xros or the xros is not as powerful as the biomerge (so that will be an "ultimate" form). And I'm going to say biomerge-xros is going to be a no-go. Interesting idea, I'm not going to lie, but that's jumping the shark and doing it again just for the lols.
Old January 16th, 2013, 02:47 PM
KingKaos

Well digixros is equivalent to ultimate or mega level depending on how many digimon are a part of the fusion. But I understand I think I will go with having wild digimon I befriend but not tame. That should be ok, right?

Old January 16th, 2013, 03:08 PM
TheUglyDucklett
Quack.

@KingKaos: Yeah that's okay

@Puppeteer Mask: Hey, still interested in joining the RP? You can always place your SU here in installations if you have stuff you want to put down :0

EDIT: We are LIVE!! The IC is now up and ready for play :3

Last edited by TheUglyDucklett; January 16th, 2013 at 03:49 PM.
Old January 16th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Puppeteer Mask
Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!

Nature: Sassy
Yeah, I'm still interested. The issue is that for today and tomorrow I'm working late shifts that make it difficult to get large posts upand hamstring my internet time greatly. I will try to get a profile up in increments, but worst case scenario my profile will be up either tomorrow night or Friday. Thankfully from Friday on my schedule is much more flexible. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Old January 16th, 2013, 05:33 PM
<Challenger>

I'm working on my post now. I apologize if the language is a little intense. He's an angry New Yorker....or his care-free acts like it. He has the reigns right now, so this will be an interesting post.
Old January 16th, 2013, 05:40 PM
TheUglyDucklett
Quack.

@Puppeteer: I understand; thanks for letting me know, though c:

@HTS: I believe we have to censor ourselves for the more cruder language, but intense language isn't bad if used with purpose. Go for it :b
Old January 16th, 2013, 09:15 PM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Nature: Modest
Hi, so I'm really interested in joining this RP, but honestly I havn't watched or been actively in Digimon since the 3rd Season, would it be best if I just sat this one out?
Old January 16th, 2013, 10:37 PM
TheUglyDucklett
Quack.

@David: Other than KingKaos' alternative xros-digivolution (fusion digivolution that can involve 2-3 digimon) I would think that the biggest thing that may throw you out of the loop is unfamiliar digimon. Some simple googling might help when you come across that problem, but if you feel like that'd be more work than play I understand. If you join now but change your mind later there's always the choice of dropping out. Your characters die, though.

The other option you have is to volunteer to be NPC Aid; a more casual spot. Basically that's a position to help control plot-point NPC's (bosses, "quest givers", etc). It's a bit simpler and doesn't require an SU or participation requirements, but for the most part your NPCs won't be fully protected by the bunnying (manipulation of other players' characters) and godmodding rules. Aka if we've waiting for you and it's been a day or so since the last post we will have the right to move on (either another Aid or I will take control). A decent amount of the time though you'd be a boss (or perhaps a set of them; situations depending) so we couldn't just steamroll through you anyway.
Old January 17th, 2013, 02:14 AM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

@Ducklett, I'll give it a shot, at worst, I'll die off and maybe take your offer for NPC Aid

I'll have a full SU up later this afternoon

SU:David The Dead Philosopher
Tamer
Name:Miles Forrester

Appearance: http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl...11&tx=56&ty=82

Miles is 5'11 and 200 Pounds. He has a sturdy build, not quite what you would consider athletic, but no where near out of shape. He usually prefers to wear sport coats with either a white or black undershirt. He wears faded relaxed fit-Blue Jeans and large black boots. He is carrying a very plain black shoulder bag.

Personality: Miles is a very quiet, not to be mistaken for shy. He just prefers not to be included in social matters. An extreme introvert, He can come off as unkind and uncaring. He's also blunt. Willing to immediately point out the "elephant in the room". He the last person to act in a situation, preferring the sidelines whenever possible. He prefers neutrality in almost all cases. He doesn't carry a cellphone or any other device of that kind. He only uses the internet to check his email.

History: Raised by his mother, never knew his father. Miles was immediately interested in the beauty of the world, but not the people in it. His Mother taught him how to draw, write, and see the world from a different perspective. She was also a very disconnected women. He lead a small quiet life, in a small quiet town. Excelling in art, he stayed mostly to himself in school. By the time he entered High School he was a very talented artist. By his Senior Year he received a Scholarship to attend a Fine Arts College in New York City. During the attack, he was calmly (but hurriedly) making an attempt to leave the city.

Digimon
Species: Data
Nickname:Cinni
Digivolution Route: (KoKomon --> Lopmon --> Turuiemon --> Antylamon --> Cherubimon)
Personality: Cinni is erratic and quick tempered, but still mainly pleasant and cheerful. Cinni is a mood swinging, hyper active, lovable mess. Carefree, but still full of conviction. Cinni acts first and think about what he did on the 5th of Never. He wants to be friends with everyone, but is willing to change his mind (and opinion) about a person in a heart beat. The type to get into a fit of laughter over nothing, or try to make you play a game with rules he made up, and results in him winning.
Corrupted, not much changes, although his quick temperament turns into pure hostility. He will no longer have any patience (what little he had already) for anything. Any reservations he once had will be gone. Only a deep desire to act, destroy, and react.

History:Cinni also lived in a small village, and by small, I mean a few shacks at the edge of the sea. He lived a carefree life, but was also unmistakably the most powerful and developed Digimon of his group, making his way into Rookie and eventually into Champion form, surpassing everyone in his village. There were no leaders in that group, but he was their defender. When the Corrupted first started to show, he defended his village proudly.

Before the major outbreak, A Wizardmon came into the village carrying with him a digivice, searching for Cinni. He told Cinni that he was one spoken from prophecy, and that he must leave the Digital World to find his chosen partner. Cinni outright refused at first, however the Wizardmon had things to show him. Using his abilities, the Wizardmon showed Cinni of the havoc, and destruction that 4 very powerful Digimon were causing. Cinni knew that he wouldn't be powerful enough to face this threat as he was now. He accepted his role in fate. Wizardmon made a promise to protect the village in Cinni's absence, and created a portal in which to travel out of the Digital World. The process of travelling however, degraded him back into his previous form. He landed in the middle of what was to be the attack on New York. As the attack started to carry out,Cinni made his way towards the only person in the screaming crowd that seems to have any composure, assuming that he was the one he was told to find.

Last edited by DavidtheDeadPhilosopher; January 17th, 2013 at 02:03 PM. Reason: I finished teh SU
Old January 17th, 2013, 12:21 PM
TheUglyDucklett
Quack.

@David: I put you down as reserved for now. Except for that part you have blank your SU seems to check out, so just get that part done and I'll call it accepted.

As of right now I'm thinking about the identity of the four Corrupted Megas. I know I definitely want Sleipmon as one, Grankwagamon maybe, but I'll open the other two up for debate. As long as all four aren't dark-attribute I'm cool with suggestions.

I'd also like to know who has decided that their digimon can/will digivolve to Champion right away. I might if no one else decides to, but I may also do it even if someone else wants to :b
Old January 17th, 2013, 12:25 PM
<Challenger>

Could Gil digivolve, since He and Bakura already encountered the corrupts?
Old January 17th, 2013, 12:40 PM
TheUglyDucklett
Quack.

I would say that right now it's not about their experience with The Corrupts (I'm using that now because that was a good idea; thanks!) more than it is their capacity. Just to remind you, though, that if you choose instant access to Champion then [stable] digivolving to Ultimate will take longer for you than it does for people that choose not to. It won't affect when you get access to Mega-level, though.
Old January 17th, 2013, 12:47 PM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

I'll volunteer for the insta-champion, since my character's ultimate and Mega's are particularly powerful. It will help me finish up the back story.
Old January 17th, 2013, 01:11 PM
<Challenger>

It's no problem, and I think Gil can tough it out for a little longer. Btw, I was wondering. Could Bakura do a little hand-to-hand combat?
Old January 17th, 2013, 01:47 PM
TheUglyDucklett
Quack.

@David: So I take it Cinni digivolves to Cherubimon(Dark)?

@HTS: If you and David are going to there's no point in making it half of the tamers able to do it, so unless we make instant-Champion (from Folgers; patent pending... no not really) the majority I'll hold off for now. If either of you decide not to though I'll do it.

But yes tamers are free to fight how they see fit-- if at all. Just remember that this isn't Data Squad, so going up against something higher than Champion fists-blazing will probably get your character killed :b
Old January 17th, 2013, 01:52 PM
<Challenger>

I'm gonna go with staying Rookie right now. Guilmon is good enough. Growlmon can wait. Anyways, I'll make all of the Corrupts Rookies since we're just starting. I'll make my post after either Fuyu...or KK...or David....I'll just post after who ever is next.
Old January 17th, 2013, 02:10 PM
TheUglyDucklett
Quack.

Seeing as everyone just started it'd be kinda cruel to set them up against champion-level corrupts as the beginning standard. Rookie level is fine though; for this first part the bond between tamer and digimon makes the digimon stronger than the horde of digimon. The boss at the end? ... you'll see :b
Old January 17th, 2013, 02:14 PM
<Challenger>

Dang...I can't wait for that. *Says with voice full of sarcasm* Let's focus on not dying before that.
Old January 17th, 2013, 02:39 PM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

@Ducklett

I was shooting for Light actually, otherwise his champion level would of been Wendingomon. (However if we are throwing Dark Digvolution into the mix it could be a possiblilty, but that would revolve around storyline triggers right?)

Also, I think I might of misunderstood something, when digivolving, are we talking Digmon World style where they remain that level, or Digimon Adventures where they revert back into their base form (Rookie or sometimes even In-Training)
Old January 17th, 2013, 03:03 PM
TheUglyDucklett
Quack.

Ah, my bad. I'm used to Digimon World: Dusk, so there's the chance of going to either from Antylamon. It's funny though because the chain in that game is Lopmon --> Wendigomon, and it's a really different style between the two.

As for digivolution, it depends on the kind of digimon. Tamer digimon can digivolve to a level that their tamer wills them to (as long as it is a viable capacity. otherwise it could lead to dark digivolution or even corruption; spoiler!), and revert back either by command or when tired. Recruited digimon, on the other hand, are not going to get those benefits; they can only digivolve when they have the strength and capacity to do it on their own stage-by-stage (in other words growth without a digivice as a catalyst). I suppose it's possible for them to revert back by suppressing their power, but generally I would think most opt for the stronger level unless forced to by stamina, personal preference or a command by someone they respect.

Be mindful that they start off as rookies in the human world, though. But I do see that you completed your SU. Accepted!

Last edited by TheUglyDucklett; January 17th, 2013 at 03:57 PM.
Old January 17th, 2013, 04:00 PM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

@Ducklett
Ok, cool, I've re-edited my SU, so as long as you accept the additions, I should be able to come up with a post later tonight, or perhaps sometime over the weekend, depending on work and blah.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here