The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 24th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Kouzan
When did the sky turn black?

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Kouzan
I'm not watching it , cause award shows never really interested me. However I just heard Brave won Best Animated Movie and not Wreck-It Ralph like I was hoping what would win.
That really disappointing cause that movie was really good looking.Though I've never seen most of the nominees so I can't really care for anything else really.

Oh oh these are beautiful times.
Clubs: Dark Type Club | Adventure Time Club
EGC | BMGf | DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old February 24th, 2013, 09:30 PM
White Mage
ノクティス

Nature: Timid
Just wanted to say that Life of Pi should've won Best Picture. But then again, I've never even seen Argo.
And yeah, I'm pretty mad that Wreck It Ralph didn't win Best Animated Feature.

Formerly Keyblade/Ðelta
Old February 25th, 2013, 12:24 AM
Hikamaru
→ étoile brillante

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWsquared View Post
I'm not watching it , cause award shows never really interested me. However I just heard Brave won Best Animated Movie and not Wreck-It Ralph like I was hoping what would win.
That really disappointing cause that movie was really good looking.Though I've never seen most of the nominees so I can't really care for anything else really.
I sorta saw it coming for Brave winning, I know that Pixar films tend to be successful in that category. Never watched Brave but I have to say it had a good protagonist in Merinda. Not to mention it broke Pixar's trend of normally having male characters as the lead protagonist in their films.

Wreck-It Ralph was good as far as looks go, the characters were fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ðelta View Post
Just wanted to say that Life of Pi should've won Best Picture. But then again, I've never even seen Argo.
And yeah, I'm pretty mad that Wreck It Ralph didn't win Best Animated Feature.
Argo has been very successful recently despite its director (Ben Affleck) being a first-timer in the field. I never saw this movie, but there must be some charm that made it so successful.

I was sad all the Aussies up for awards got snubbed again, it's happened several times and given most of their competition were heavily favored. I knew Daniel Day-Lewis would win Best Actor for that portrayal of Abraham Lincoln in Lincoln. At least these Oscars had the youngest-ever Best Actress nominee in Quvenzhané Wallis (how do you even say that name?), she was not too bad despite her really young age.

pairs | showdown | tumblr | vm

Old February 25th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Esper

Looks like Daniel Day-Lewis, Jennifer Lawrence, and Anne Hathaway won. Ho-hum. Not surprised in the slightest. The only thing more expected was Adele winning best song.

That said, looking over the wins, I'm kinda glad that they spread the awards out over several movies. Ang Lee got the directing award for Life of Pi. Hathaway, Lawrence, and DDL got wins for their movies. Argo got best picture. Amour won best foreign language film. No out-and-out sweep. A little love for (almost) everyone.

deviantart blog pair
Old February 25th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Vader
League Champion

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Vader
I never really cared much for Argo, I would have preferred Silver Linings to win. I am very glad that Christoph Waltz won again for Best Supporting Actor in Django Unchained.
Old February 25th, 2013, 06:06 PM
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness

Nature: Quiet
It was really boring night. Nothing terribly unexpected. Didn't like Seth very much. I like him normally (him, like when he's doing the talk show circuit. Not a fan of his shows), but a lot of his jokes fell flat. And the ceremony overall just felt poorly produced.
Old February 26th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Solace
simon ferocious

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Solace
Agh, it turns out I happened to not see Argo, but it won Best Picture so that must mean something, right? Haha, we'll see when it comes out on DVD and I feel lonely and end up pushing myself to go out and rent it from Hastings. I was so happy Lawrence won Best Actress. That just put a huge smile on my face, you don't even know. And Ang Lee went on and on when he won his award, aaah.

All in all I'm not too surprised about anything except Brave taking Best Animated Film. Like... what!? Wreck-it-Ralph was so obviously better than Brave.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links