The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central > Spinoff Games

Notices

Spinoff Games If it isn't in the main series of Pokémon games, it goes here (games such as Mystery Dungeon, Colosseum, XD, and so on.)

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 10th, 2013, 06:47 PM
BlockedHeart
Pokemon Master

Nature: Brave
Hey Everyone! Before I begin, please note that this is only an idea that I had, nothing legit, and it probably won't happen, but based on what we know so far about Gen 6... Anything is possible. Anyways, I was thinking about how grand and flashy X & Y look compared to the older games, and how much better the Pokemon look in 3D. The art style instantly reminded me of a higher resolution version of the old N64 games... Which later brought me to Pokemon Snap. (My mind was all over the place with excitement.) Since Nintendo/Gamefreak has gone for this new FOV I guess you would call it, where it less top down and more behind our character, and everything looks really great in 3D, I'm hoping that maybe, just maybe, we'll be able to get a Camera of some sort as a key item, or have it added to the PokeGear, CGear, etc. and be able to take picture of Pokemon when we encounter them in battle. I know it sounds out there. But the way the battle begins with a close up of your encounter, and the grass shifts to the side, (review the trailer.) or how all this dynamic camera and angle work is being used. Idk, this idea is stupid, but it sounded good before I started writing it... so, input please :D Do you think it's a possibility? Do you see how I'm making this connection? Do you know how awesome this would be? If they don't a Pokemon Snap 3D better be coming next year... or else.
Old January 10th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Nah, Hal Laboratories has been focusing on the next Super Smash Bros for a Wii U and 3DS. So I highly doubt there would ever be another Pokémon Snap, and in fact... I think The Pokémon Company have already stated that they have no plans to make another Pokémon Snap. There's been so many people speculating about this, despite what The Pokémon Company have already said. xD

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 10th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Vehks

Can someone explain to me what the big draw is for pokemon snap? I played it on the N 64 like everyone else, but I thought it was just ok.

I just don't see what is so exciting about simply taking pictures of pokemon... I guess throwing fruit at them was pretty funny, but other than that I don't get it.

You can't even explore, you are stuck in a little cart for the whole game.
Old January 10th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Castform
Fortune doesn't favor fools!

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
Yeah, I dont think we will ever get another game like Snap. It just wasn't that good, IMO and I think a better spinoff would be a game like Pokemon Stadium with all the Pokemon.

Old January 10th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Hamako-chan
Our unbreakable bond...

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Hamako-chan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hamako-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Hamako-chan
I don't think they'll make another Pokemon Snap, it isn't that fun in my opinion. It was fun the first time around when I was a child but wouldn't appeal much to older kids. I'm just waiting patiently for Super Smash Bros Wii U and hope they aren't wasting their time on anymore SpinOffs!

White FC: 2881 2384 3038
Platinum FC: 4082 4798 2423
Old January 10th, 2013, 10:36 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
Not quite a thread on the main games themselves, so I've moved it.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links