The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Old January 10th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Forever
let it go

So in most games we've seen a boat we can travel in for short distances, sometimes aesthetic, sometimes for a good reason. It was made more appealing in Unova, however had less of a use than the boat did in Johto, for example. Do you think we'll see a boat like this again? With the new 3D capabilities, do you think they'll go all out and see it better than ever before? Or do you think they'll change how the appearance inside is, to be rid of the cabin idea and just have an open deck or something where you battle trainers in the open set to a real-time clock limit? Share your thoughts!
Old January 10th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I hope they do something similar but with an airplane! Something like you can fight the people in it or look out the window. I feel like that should have happened with other games but I want it forever and ever!
Old January 10th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

Nature: Timid
Hopefully the boat has something to do. I don't remember the boat in BW at all honestly lol. :( And then the boat in DPPt just went straight to wherever you were going. Sure it might be annoying to have to go to sleep, like in RSE's boat, to make time pass, but at least there were trainers you could fight. It'd be cool if the trainers were able to be rebattled or if they rotated out (like in HGSS).
Old January 10th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Yeah, or we might be seeing a rail system of trains, like in Gold/Silver/Crystal. Or we might be able to fly across to an entirely new region via a plane or something. Now that would be interesting. Probably also something that would be interesting to see would be a place that changes trainers every single day, I'm pretty sure we had something like that in previous generations, but I would like to see it again. :)

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 10th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Ohhh trains and airlines are nice ideas~ I think I'd lean towards an airplane since there can be loads of more space to look out views and battle, and I've mentioned this in another topic, but maybe a side-plot where the you can stop the 'evil team' from taking control of said plane~

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 10th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Eucliffe
E N T E R T A I N E R
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Eucliffe Send a message via Skype™ to Eucliffe
I'd like a train because TRAINS. And you could totally have a murder mystery (well, you can't do murder because it's Pokemon so maybe a kidnapping mystery?) on it, too 8) Or, if we had a plane, there could be Ekans on it that the evil team let loose that you'd have to KO.
Old January 10th, 2013, 10:04 PM
countryemo
The Day I've been running from
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to countryemo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell View Post
I'd like a train because TRAINS. And you could totally have a murder mystery (well, you can't do murder because it's Pokemon so maybe a kidnapping mystery?) on it, too 8) Or, if we had a plane, there could be Ekans on it that the evil team let loose that you'd have to KO.
I would totally dig a train! Walking down the train is full 3D. Yess....

Old January 10th, 2013, 10:08 PM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Careful
I would prefer to travel via train or plane because I think the concept of travelling to certain place via ship is getting a tad stale.
Old January 10th, 2013, 10:46 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
Yeah like everyone else said a train would be cool, or battling in a plane, though I think that's a tad bit too unsafe Curious xD
Pikachu used Thunderbolt!
We're all screwed. xD
Old January 10th, 2013, 11:48 PM
Forever
let it go

Well tbh this was more for if you wanted to see it, if not why not, and if so why, given that planes and such were discussed in another thread. For me I'm going to be the odd one out and want the boat back. I thought the views on The Royal Unova were amazing, and I'd love to see more of stuff like that except fully 3D. Imagine what they could do at sunset now!
Old January 10th, 2013, 11:50 PM
Elite Four Lucian
Elite Four - Psychic User

Nature: Brave
You know what would be epic? is if they had a plan you could battle on, that'd be sick! they could call it "The Battle Plane"

Wanting to Trade: An Elgato Game Capture HD for an Black or Red 3DS + Pokemon X or Y. Let me know if you are interested.
Old January 11th, 2013, 12:55 AM
BLOOOD-La-ti-
This is the place to try!

Nature: Jolly
Yeah trains and Planes would be great,
I'm getting tired of ships,it's always ships all the time.

oh check this out:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=373174
My new account. :3
Old January 11th, 2013, 01:49 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
Return of the Cable Car, I liked that in R/S/E, be nice to see it return

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old January 16th, 2013, 06:00 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I'd like it if they brought back a luxury liner to battle on. They could always have trainers from different regions to battle on it, like maybe gym leaders that are on vacation. Every day it could come from a different region and carry a few important characters to battle from that region.
Old January 16th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Wings Don't Cry
Maybe she's born with it
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naive
I can't believe no one has mentioned airship. Neo Team Plasma already introduced it to the series, so it shouldn't be considered impossible for the Pokemon games to feature to them any more.

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3990 - 6891
Old January 16th, 2013, 09:04 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

Nature: Timid
Quote:
I'd like it if they brought back a luxury liner to battle on. They could always have trainers from different regions to battle on it, like maybe gym leaders that are on vacation. Every day it could come from a different region and carry a few important characters to battle from that region.
I LOVE this idea! That could also tie in to the gym leader rematches. I think that'd be a wonderful and unique way to implement them, and add in past gym leaders to it as well. :) Great idea!
Old January 16th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Definitely loving the idea of bringing back the luxury cruise :3 Though I think someone else posted about battling trainers on airplanes as well, and I think that would be really cool, too!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links