Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 13th, 2013 (12:05 PM).
Jaysfinest1
The Original

Nature: Brave
in all reality, these games would never die, and expecially the heart gold, and SS.

and coming from the old timer, i i remember when gold and silver originally came out (remind you, if you ask any old timer 80% of them will tell you that Gen 1 and 2 we're the greatest out of the games). and these games we're just unimaginable to their extent.

So when red and blue originally came out, these we're the most unique games of it's time.. For playstation you had Final Fantasy 7 and Xenogears.. for game boy, you had pokemon or pacman or bomberman. and pokemon clearly hit the charts destroying everything in it's path. a Unique RPG where you can see your pokemon level up and take them through a journey of a game that takes forever to beat? it was un-herd of for it's time.

When silver and gold hit the market, whole new beginning (with the best pokemon class IMO) and it was amazing, alot more free-space, bigger map, new adventure, new hms tms etc you name it was there. When you got done with the game, game is usually over right? No.. they re-introduced red and blue BACK into the story mode with silver and gold.. there is just no comparsion to it and i wish they would do this with the newer pokemon games as well.

So all in all to your question, these games will never die. EVER.
Old March 13th, 2013 (02:34 PM).
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
^ You almost made me cry Jay, couldn't have put it any better!

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 13th, 2013 (02:39 PM).
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
Heck, I even play Red and Blue once in a while.

I play all of the games a lot XD My least-played generation is probably Gen II because of the battery issue, and I only have one working cartridge which sucks because I like trading between my games throughout the storyline to get Pokemon otherwise unobtainable.

But, I still play Gen IV a lot now and plan to do so more in the future when I pick up Battle Revolution.
Old March 14th, 2013 (11:41 PM).
Charizardguy

I will definitely keep playing my SoulSilver. I was really disappointed when I bought Pokemon Black. I honestly can't remember much of the game - story, setting and pokemon. I played the game through once and it too straight forward to enjoy. Couldn't find anything to do after the Elite Four.

You never know, though, the new games could be quite enjoyable. I never had any hopes for Diamond or Pearl. I didn't buy a copy of Diamond until a year and a bit after it was released. When I bought it, I found it was a pretty awesome game. I'm hoping the same for X&Y.
Old March 15th, 2013 (01:44 AM).
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Quote originally posted by Charizardguy:
I was really disappointed when I bought Pokemon Black
I was too, but i think Black2 and White2 made up for that since they are AWESOME!
And I'll pretty much replay every Gen now and then, sometimes for challenges, sometimes for fun.
Heck, sometimes i start playing Red again just to listen to that awesome soundtrack! :D

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 15th, 2013 (02:56 AM).
Correspondence

Well i most likely won't be able to get the 6th Gen games for a while so what better to do than to revisit the older gens.
Old March 15th, 2013 (07:19 AM).
Warship
異議あり!

Nature: Jolly
i definitely will pearl was my very first game and i wont ever forget it in fact im still trying to make a good team from scratch
Growlithe - Charmeleon - Braixen
Old March 17th, 2013 (09:39 PM).
Altair
Willpower

Nature: Quiet
I'll definitely still be playing the fourth gen. I have all the fourth gen main games, however I've just started them last week. (I've finished Diamond in 2007 but traded it in) ... So I'm working on D/P/Pt and HG/SS, I'm also playing through the fifth gen games too, finished Black last year but traded it as well. -_- ... My goal is to at least finish 4th gen games before October 2013. I'll still play them though after finishing them... Maybe. ;P
Old March 19th, 2013 (04:54 AM).
Princess Sandshrew
PokéRespect

Nature: Docile
I will still play gen 4 games, but much less so I feel. I put most of the time I play pokemon into the newer games, but I do still play all the generations of games (mostly for a nuzlocke challenge).
Right now I play gen 3 and 5 mostly, so maybe it'll become gen 4 and 6 next. Though I doubt it, since gen 3 still feels special to me.
Old March 19th, 2013 (05:05 AM).
Diversion
Mega Aerodactyl.

Nature: Serious
Of course I will!
No matter how old they get, I will still play them.
Since they were very fun to play, and I could use some challenges, to enjoy even more!
Old March 19th, 2013 (05:34 AM).
Jaysfinest1
The Original

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by warship:
i definitely will pearl was my very first game and i wont ever forget it in fact im still trying to make a good team from scratch
wait woah, pearl was your very first game? my friend, you have alot of catching up to do. do me a favor and DO NOT and i repeat, DO NOT buy any more pokemon games until you have played fire red or leaf green, or even HG OR SS.
Old March 19th, 2013 (05:37 PM).
lazy~
World's Laziest Trainer...

I recently restarted platinum and I'm having a lot of fun with it and since I live gold and silver so much when I was growing up, I'm sure I'll continue to play heart gold through future generations.
Old March 19th, 2013 (08:41 PM).
Mothman
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Hasty
I have a confession to make: I've never played a Pokemon game from the 4th generation. That'll change soon though, since I ordered a copy of Pearl for $10 on ebay earlier today. So this will be a completely new adventure for myself.
Old March 22nd, 2013 (03:39 PM).
PsytronicX
C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

Nature: Calm
I'll be playing and replaying Gen IV long after VI comes out, I loved them all. My love for the games has been rekindled recently and so I've been playing through them more often.

Pokémon Diamond FC:
1980-0472-3979

Old March 24th, 2013 (01:58 PM).
Sableye~
Back to PC~
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Of course. Diamond was my first Pokemon game, so I specifically like it. I also am just not a big fan of Gen V, so it's the most recent game I play.

Though I figure I always will play it, considering I still mess around with my oldest games, which are Ruby/Emerald/Sapphire.
Old April 2nd, 2013 (11:29 PM).
Ace.
Let Go and Just Be Free
Community Supporter

I would play them every now and then. Right now i feel like playing Platinum :3
Old April 21st, 2013 (09:28 PM).
Zoegrace1

I'm going to find it harder to play soon, but i'm still finding Pokemon with the Poke Radar, and I have a bunch of cool Pokemon, Nidoking, yesh. I still can't seem to get past Ultra Rank contests, but my region is suffering from a giant berry drought, so I have to be careful with poffins. If I need good contest stats or whatever, then I need to trade it to my friend, who has a 'Super Poffins' cheat. YESH.
Old April 22nd, 2013 (05:15 AM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I honestly would struggle to play Diamond and Pearl again, because they are just way too slow for me. Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver are all great games however and I would happily replay any of them.
Old April 22nd, 2013 (05:45 AM).
Rϵd
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
OFC I PLAY THEM. GEN 4 IS THE BEST. Especially HGSS Because its awesome and the PKMNs follow you. Plus I am restarting both Platinum and HG, so yeah.

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server
Old May 5th, 2013 (04:43 AM).
Warship
異議あり!

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by Jaysfinest1:
wait woah, pearl was your very first game? my friend, you have alot of catching up to do. do me a favor and DO NOT and i repeat, DO NOT buy any more pokemon games until you have played fire red or leaf green, or even HG OR SS.
although im replying a bit late dont waste your breath telling me that i played games of each generation and loved them all. just because i started with pearl doesnt mean i havent played any other games since. heck it was like 6 years ago when i first played pearl not 2 days ago.
Growlithe - Charmeleon - Braixen
Old May 5th, 2013 (05:30 AM).
Recluse
The Harbinger of Solitude
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Probably in some future I will start Platinum again. THis is my most favorite Pokemon game and 4th Gen is my most favorite as well.
Old May 17th, 2013 (06:00 AM).
Phosphora
March of the Dead.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Phosphora
I absolutely love the Fourth Generation. It's where I started, and it's where I'm gonna stay. My favourite game of all time is Platinum, and I'll continue playing it for a long time.

"Let's die together, Sis."
Old May 17th, 2013 (06:17 AM).
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

Definitely. I have 6 games: LeafGreen, Emerald, Diamond, Platinum, HeartGold and Black. Out of them, setting aside Emerald for nostalgia, HeartGold or Platinum is my favourite and Black is the only one I don't want to replay that much (hence I never bothered getting Black 2). I seriously doubt I'll upgrade from a DSi to a 3DS, so as well as being class games, they'll also be my most up-to-date (Even though Diamond's 6 years old now!). So, yeah definitely play Gen IV post-Gen VI
Old May 18th, 2013 (06:34 AM).
Aurora
about to perform emergency surgery on PS
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Aurora
I've toned down my use of cartridge games considerably due to my affection for competitive Pokemon, but I'm trying to find it within myself to get SoulSilver started and I've started a fourth Diamond playthrough. I don't think these will be getting too old for me any time soon. So, yes, I'll still be playing fourth generation games well into the future, it seems.
Old May 23rd, 2013 (10:40 AM).
Liquid Halo
Fallen

Nature: Lonely
I haven't even finished my soul silver yet, so heck yeah I'm gonna keep playing. The jhoto generation will never get old for me, I have a lot of great memories associated with my original silver. I bet anyone who played the original generations when they came out would feel the same, nostalgia beats all.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links