The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Old Posted January 11th, 2013 (01:15 AM).
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Hope will never die! ~Lucina

Nature: Quiet
During the anime, we've seen countless times how a Pokemon evolves in the middle of a battle and turn the tables in the owners favour. However, in the games no matter how many experience points and levels your Pokemon gains it will not evolve until after the battle.

So, would you like if your Pokemon in battle? If so, what method would be allowed? Only levelling up, or maybe you could give you Pokemon a stone in the heat of battle? How would Game Freak pull it off if they decided to do it? Would they use the same, particles come apart in a flash of light and come back together or something totally different? I personally would love to be able to give my Pokemon a stone midway through and change the dynamic of the battle. What do you think? Discuss!
Old Posted January 11th, 2013 (01:23 AM).
BLOOOD-La-ti-
This is the place to try!

Nature: Jolly
The battle system would pretty much be like the anime.
I've been waiting for this for a long time,Mid battle evolution,
it sounds good.

oh check this out:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=373174
My new account. :3
Old Posted January 11th, 2013 (01:25 AM).
revere
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Ah yes, mid battle evos. Sounds cool, especially when ur so "Oh my gosh, I'm soooo weak!" when BOOM! This will be such a surprise! I definitely support this.
Old Posted January 11th, 2013 (01:33 AM).
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Mid-Battle evolutions would be so nice to have, especially when the anime already has that sort of thing. But knowing how the Pokémon games go, they would always do it after the battle, but if that changed... then it would happen after the opponent's Pokémon is defeated and your Pokémon has reached the level of evolving.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old Posted January 11th, 2013 (03:25 AM).
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I would actually like this idea, it would be a change and it's a pain if you reach the level to meet the evolution but your Pokemon faints before battle which stops it from evolving. Although I'm not sure if that was rectified in Gen V..

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old Posted January 11th, 2013 (03:29 AM).
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Brave
I've never thought of this, and it's a brilliant idea imo. I'd love to have my Pokemon evolve mid-battle (perhaps only through happiness/leveling - not through evolutionary stones.)
Old Posted January 11th, 2013 (03:40 AM).
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
Mid-battle evolutions would be a great thing to have introduced to the games, the chances of it being implemented are tiny though.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old Posted January 11th, 2013 (04:11 AM).
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I would actually like this idea, it would be a change and it's a pain if you reach the level to meet the evolution but your Pokemon faints before battle which stops it from evolving. Although I'm not sure if that was rectified in Gen V..
I believe in gen 5 (or at least in B2W2) the Pokemon evolves even if it faints.

While it would be cool to have such a feature, I feel like it might make the battles a tiny, tiny bit easier since your stats will be not only increasing from the level-up, but from the evolutionary line's stat increase--and the battle isn't even over yet! Granted, it's not very game-breaking, but I still don't really think it will happen.
Old Posted January 11th, 2013 (04:15 AM).
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
It would be great if this happens. It may make a battle you are going to loose a battle you will win!

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old Posted January 11th, 2013 (04:18 AM).
revere
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryan143 View Post
It would be great if this happens. It may make a battle you are going to loose a battle you will win!
Not really, if the evo of [insert some 6th gen mon here] is slow & ur left will idk, low HP, u'll still lose anyway but it is a shocker if mid-battle evo's were implemented!
Old Posted January 11th, 2013 (04:22 AM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I've always thought this was a good idea, and I still do. It'd be nice if they decided since they've already evolved the battle scenes so much for the 3DS, they'd take it one step further and allow our Pokémon to evolve mid-battle too. Although, I'm not sure the possibility of it happening is very large.
Old Posted January 11th, 2013 (05:06 AM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
As cool as it sounds, what if your Pokémon grows like 30 levels, would it try and evolve every level? That's the only problem I can see though.
Old Posted January 11th, 2013 (05:47 AM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
It would seem like an awkward thing to implement, though something I definitely wouldn't mind having. XD
Old Posted January 11th, 2013 (06:09 AM).
pokemonmasteraaron
The blind Pokémon Master!

Send a message via Skype™ to pokemonmasteraaron
I like it, and it would get rid of the possibility of a Pokémon reachin its evolution level in a strong storyline battle and then all your Pokémon die and the aformentioned Pokémon doesn't evolve.
Bt I doubt they'll go ahead with it.
Old Posted January 11th, 2013 (06:23 AM).
Correspondence

I would really like to see that happening and it might even help you win a battle but it isn't very likely to happen.
Old Posted January 11th, 2013 (07:04 AM).
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Yeah; I used to often though about when my pokemon hit a certain level, why it was not evolving; for example, when I used my Squirtle against Brock; it hit level 16 before I faced his Onix, so, yeaaaah I got really confused there. xD But yeah, I'd love this option; it'll make battling kinda epic! Like, say your facing a gym leader, and you only have one pokemon left - your Vibrava against a dragon type leader; he or she has a very strong last pokemon, but then your Vibrava starts evolving into a Flygon! That'd be awesomeee... your newly evolved pokemon against the gym's strongest pokemon~

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old Posted January 11th, 2013 (07:31 AM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I think if they were to do mid battle evolutions they'll have a catch like it has to be at 1/2 hp or less like how in the anime the Pokemon is struggling tha evolves.
Old Posted January 11th, 2013 (07:43 AM).
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Nature: Quirky
I don't think they'll even use mid-battle evolutions, because a long evolution sequence could easily interrupt the battle, making it last longer than it's suppose to be.
Old Posted January 11th, 2013 (08:56 AM).
Raichupacabra
Villain

Nature: Hasty
That would be pretty awesome, especially if you're losing. You're right about to give up, and you're Pokemon evolves and saves the day.

Currently Playing: Pokemon X | 3DS Friend Code: 4313-1107-3365
(PM me with your Friend Code and tell me if you have added me)
Old Posted January 11th, 2013 (09:19 AM).
Eucliffe
E N T E R T A I N E R
Community Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Eucliffe Send a message via Skype™ to Eucliffe
I doubt they'd do it. Even if it's just in-game, I feel it'd be unfair since, you know, the opponents' Pokemon already can't level up as is, and thus cannot evolve during battle. (I guess evolving via friendliness is a possibility, but there aren't as many Pokemon that do that ><;) Also, as was said, it would kind of interrupt the flow of the battle. And if you're trying to train a Pokemon to a certain level before evolving it and it made it so that it tried evolving every single time it gained a level, well... Yeah, that'd be annoying.
Old Posted January 11th, 2013 (09:33 AM).
Perico
Ripper

I had never thought of this idea before. I find it very interesting indeed. Evolving in the middle of a battle would turn the tables definitely!

But, that'd change part of what Pokemon games are, so, I barely see it happening. Good idea, though.

Allez, hop!
Old Posted January 11th, 2013 (09:55 AM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Since mid-battle evolutions have happened in the anime loads of times before Gen VI, I don't see why they won't implement this into the games.

Old Posted January 11th, 2013 (10:06 AM).
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
The Game could do an Evolution Check after each monster is defeated. Some pokemon learn a new attack as they are evolving, assuming they evolve at the right level. Like Cubchu and Iceicle Crash. It has to evolve at Lv. 37 to learn it.
Old Posted January 11th, 2013 (02:36 PM).
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Hope will never die! ~Lucina

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell View Post
And if you're trying to train a Pokemon to a certain level before evolving it and it made it so that it tried evolving every single time it gained a level, well... Yeah, that'd be annoying.
That already happens after a battle, and maybe they could do something like if you press B while in battle one time your Pokemon will only try to evolve after a battle. Just a thought.
Old Posted January 11th, 2013 (02:58 PM).
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zupplu View Post
During the anime, we've seen countless times how a Pokemon evolves in the middle of a battle and turn the tables in the owners favour. However, in the games no matter how many experience points and levels your Pokemon gains it will not evolve until after the battle.

So, would you like if your Pokemon in battle? If so, what method would be allowed? Only levelling up, or maybe you could give you Pokemon a stone in the heat of battle? How would Game Freak pull it off if they decided to do it? Would they use the same, particles come apart in a flash of light and come back together or something totally different? I personally would love to be able to give my Pokemon a stone midway through and change the dynamic of the battle. What do you think? Discuss!
Yeah I think this would be good, and it would make more sense since I don't get why it evolves after the battle if it already met it's requirements xD
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links