The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Should Ambient Include A Third Type To Each Pokémon?
Yes, because Beedrill or Dustox would be Bug / Poison / Flying 5 21.74%
No, because Pokémon only need two Types / other reasoning. 18 78.26%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 9th, 2013, 07:37 PM
SereneAmbience
Founder of Pokémon Ambient

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Error.exe View Post
Some quick ideas I thought up of today
I spent some time to think about cool stuff. Here it is
-The ability to use the move dig in special walls in caves to find goodies.
-A black market maybe near the Dynamic Squad's headquarter
-a snow area?( since all Pokemon are coming out)
-Safari zone?(We can't forget that)
Okay so I guess it's time to share some information with the public to add some interest!

Error, I'm glad we think alike because this you made this easier to share.
-SPOT-ON! I plan to use Dig in this way of finding special locations, as well as finding underground secret bases, and event locations that I will release in time. Don't forget about the other "HM" moves that will have unique abilities, like Waterfall that will ACTUALLY create waterfalls for the player to climb up to reach certain areas!
-I have a various of this, kiosks in every mall that are discounted. BUT, I will definitely add this along the Dynamic base camp to add some flair!
-Hmm..... never thought about how to get Ice-type Pokémon... I guess I am gonna have to.
-I want to hear what you everyone thinks... Is a Safari Zone required? Or something variant like Great Marsh? I use the Safari-time base contest in a Fishing Competition in Flannel Village and in Sisal City's Carnival Extravaganza (where you run around through buildings, fun-houses, and mirror rooms: collecting items, battling Trainers, and winning points per step) which will be an extremely cool mini-game for Ambient!
Old June 11th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Error.exe
Turtwig Lover

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by SereneAmbience View Post
Okay so I guess it's time to share some information with the public to add some interest!

Error, I'm glad we think alike because this you made this easier to share.
-SPOT-ON! I plan to use Dig in this way of finding special locations, as well as finding underground secret bases, and event locations that I will release in time. Don't forget about the other "HM" moves that will have unique abilities, like Waterfall that will ACTUALLY create waterfalls for the player to climb up to reach certain areas!
-I have a various of this, kiosks in every mall that are discounted. BUT, I will definitely add this along the Dynamic base camp to add some flair!
-Hmm..... never thought about how to get Ice-type Pokémon... I guess I am gonna have to.
-I want to hear what you everyone thinks... Is a Safari Zone required? Or something variant like Great Marsh? I use the Safari-time base contest in a Fishing Competition in Flannel Village and in Sisal City's Carnival Extravaganza (where you run around through buildings, fun-houses, and mirror rooms: collecting items, battling Trainers, and winning points per step) which will be an extremely cool mini-game for Ambient!
I like the waterfall idea
Old June 16th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Error.exe
Turtwig Lover

I'm back again with some few ideas
-A library containing ancient texts about legendary Pokemon
-Department store
-Tricott Honey(Can be bought in Tricott town later in-game)
Old June 21st, 2013, 08:31 AM
SereneAmbience

Quote:
I'm back again with some few ideas
-A library containing ancient texts about legendary Pokemon
-Department store
-Tricott Honey(Can be bought in Tricott town later in-game)
-A library would be pretty awesome. It would contain existing legends and stories, but also more info to explain the links that Nintendo didn't explain. The legendaries in Ambient will also be fully explained, like how Arcanine is a legendary.
-No department stores, just malls filled with items! The malls will be located in Satin City, Silk City, Coir City, Velour City, Material City, Sisal City.
-Look at THIS LINK of Tricott Town. It has information about the wonderful Greenhill Honey that is popular during the town's Honey-Maker's Festival. It is a dedication to the sweet taste of delicious Honey.
Old June 28th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Error.exe
Turtwig Lover

Oh ok sorry I didn't see that on the website. I should be online more often now

Moves I thought up of that might be cool
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...ldU93SXc#gid=0
More to come

Last edited by Error.exe; June 28th, 2013 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Needed to add few stuff
Old July 1st, 2013, 10:27 AM
SereneAmbience

Quote:
Oh ok sorry I didn't see that on the website. I should be online more often now

Moves I thought up of that might be cool
More to come
You have to change your share information to public so it can be seen.
Old July 1st, 2013, 04:44 PM
ZealithSeribii
The Zealith

Nature: Lonely
I think it's been way too long since I last checked in here... So... Regarding the Ice type issue, you could have several ice caves throughout the region that can only be accessed using Dig. Or a distant snow-covered island. Something like that.
Old July 1st, 2013, 09:16 PM
SereneAmbience

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealithSeribii View Post
I think it's been way too long since I last checked in here... So... Regarding the Ice type issue, you could have several ice caves throughout the region that can only be accessed using Dig. Or a distant snow-covered island. Something like that.
It is obvious I need to apply this Ice-type location to obtain these Pokemon, mainly because I heard many members asking for it. So I decided that I am going to add it, but I have to take time to decided what exactly would fit best in Serene. I will consider the caves and island idea. A far off island covered in snow does sound more fitting.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 12:31 PM
ZealithSeribii
The Zealith

Cool! I think that there should be several islands similar to the snowy one, for example; a desert island with Pokemon such as Trapinch, Cacnea, Rhyhorn, Sandile, and Pawniard. Basically optional islands with different climates, each one with a theme! The snowy one with Pokemon like Piplup, Delibird, Sneasel, Munchlax, Snorunt, and Lapras. Or a volcanic island with Pokemon like Numel, Charmander, Magby, Gible, and Larvesta. You get the idea right?
Old July 5th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Error.exe
Turtwig Lover

Move pool version 1.1!
Nothing new just made it so anyone can view it. Here it is!
Old July 7th, 2013, 10:09 AM
ZealithSeribii
The Zealith

Quote:
Move pool version 1.1!
Nothing new just made it so anyone can view it. Here it is!
Well... A couple of moves there are preexisting moves with different names. For example Memorize, Karate Smash, and Flame Smash. Also, Hurricane is a move already.
Old July 7th, 2013, 02:47 PM
SereneAmbience

After some deep consideration of fans messaging me, I decided to introduce some new types. However I haven't yet figured out the weakness and advantage chart for these new types. So bear with me....
  • Air
  • Cosmic
  • Magic
  • Cyber
  • Light
  • Sound
And of course the new Fairy-type! The main reasoning behind adding all these types, which many are popular among fandoms, is that Pokémon are unique creatures with amazing abilities, but some of their types don't detail their potential as a monster. For example, Gyarados: he is consider a Flying-type but has no moves of that type and found moving through the air constantly. Therefore I split the Flying-type group into those who can actually fly (Flying-type) and those who manipulate air (Air-type). I also believed that many Pokémon come from outer space and have similar abilities to those on Earth which isn't typically alien nature.. thus the Cosmic-type. The Psychic types are creatures that use magical powers, telepathy abilities, levitation, matter bending strengths, and among other things. I had to split this broad type into categories so I decided a Magic-type and Light-type would suffice. I really just loved the idea of Porygon, Porygon2, and Porygon-Z having their own Cyber-type, making them rares! And lastly the Sound-type, which defines a few Pokémon and many moves. Nintendo should have implemented the Sound-type in Generation 3 with Whismer's evolutionary line a while back.

More information found HERE [link].
Old July 7th, 2013, 05:54 PM
joeyhugg

This sounds cool! I like the idea of a magic type!
Old July 8th, 2013, 01:07 PM
ZealithSeribii
The Zealith

Can't wait to see how the new types will effect the old ones!

I uploaded a video to my Youtube channel, ZealithJolteon, advertising the project! Since the site won't let me post a link, just go to my channel. It's the newest video.

Last edited by ZealithSeribii; July 8th, 2013 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 10th, 2013, 11:20 PM
SereneAmbience

Quote:
Can't wait to see how the new types will effect the old ones!

I uploaded a video to my Youtube channel, ZealithJolteon, advertising the project! Since the site won't let me post a link, just go to my channel. It's the newest video.
Hey thanks for the shout-out! I really appreciate your support, Zealith! The link is HERE to watch his video btw guys!
Old July 11th, 2013, 07:13 PM
ZealithSeribii
The Zealith

Thanks for posting the link!
Old July 11th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Jolteon of Doom

Nature: Hasty
Seribii recommended me to check out this project, and it's awesome. He said I should become a supporter for this project, and I want to help out. I am the co-owner of the ZealithJolteon channel and I would love to help out and see the project finished.
Old July 12th, 2013, 06:22 AM
lauerolus

This is just ludicrous in scope. I love it.

Trityping seems a bit much however. It'd be easier to handle things like Bdrill's... being a bee with an Ability. Like a x% chance to apply Poison/Toxic with every contact move.
Old July 13th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Error.exe
Turtwig Lover

About the new types
Air: strong against Fire types/weak against steel
Cosmic: Strong against ghost, dark/weak against bug, poison
Magic: I have no clue
Cyber: strong against fighting, Ice/Weak against electricity
Light: same as cosmic maybe..
Sound: strong against normal, ghost/weak against steel, ground, rock

If you want me to explain why i can but not for some of them.

I was thinking of a maybe Solarock and Lunatone can be cosmic type instead of psychic.
Magnemite, Magneton, Magnezone can be cyber type
Whismur and its evolution can be sound type

Yeah i know I haven't been posting as much due to the fact that I'm busy but i'll try to post more ideas

Last edited by Error.exe; July 13th, 2013 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Did not cap I
Old July 13th, 2013, 08:45 AM
ZealithSeribii
The Zealith

Quote:
Originally Posted by SereneAmbience View Post
After some deep consideration of fans messaging me, I decided to introduce some new types. However I haven't yet figured out the weakness and advantage chart for these new types. So bear with me....
  • Air
  • Cosmic
  • Magic
  • Cyber
  • Light
  • Sound
And of course the new Fairy-type! The main reasoning behind adding all these types, which many are popular among fandoms, is that Pokémon are unique creatures with amazing abilities, but some of their types don't detail their potential as a monster. For example, Gyarados: he is consider a Flying-type but has no moves of that type and found moving through the air constantly. Therefore I split the Flying-type group into those who can actually fly (Flying-type) and those who manipulate air (Air-type). I also believed that many Pokémon come from outer space and have similar abilities to those on Earth which isn't typically alien nature.. thus the Cosmic-type. The Psychic types are creatures that use magical powers, telepathy abilities, levitation, matter bending strengths, and among other things. I had to split this broad type into categories so I decided a Magic-type and Light-type would suffice. I really just loved the idea of Porygon, Porygon2, and Porygon-Z having their own Cyber-type, making them rares! And lastly the Sound-type, which defines a few Pokémon and many moves. Nintendo should have implemented the Sound-type in Generation 3 with Whismer's evolutionary line a while back.

More information found HERE [link].
Ok, here are my suggestions for type matchups.
Air:
Super Effective against: Fire, Grass, Electric, Steel, Flying
Weaknesses: Poison, Rock, Steel, Water, Cosmic

Cosmic:
Super Effective against: Fire, Air, Water, Grass, Flying, Normal
Weaknesses: Steel, Rock, Ground, Ice

Magic:
Super Effective against: Psychic, Fighting, Dark, Magic
Weaknesses: Dragon, Magic

Cyber:
Super Effective against: Fighting, Normal, Fire
Weaknesses: Water, Dragon

Light:
Super Effective against: Sound, Dragon, Electric
Weakness: Dark, Steel

Sound:
Super Effective: Normal, Fighting, Rock, Ice
Weaknesses: Dragon, Light, Water

If I have any spare time, I might make a list of EVERY GOD DAMN POKEMON with the new types implemented wherever necessary.
Old July 15th, 2013, 12:32 PM
LordCuby

Hey LordCuby here. You got my support bro. Any ideas I'd be happy to help. :3
Old July 15th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Error.exe
Turtwig Lover

Ideas I thought up of
-A haunted mansion for ghost, dark type Pokemon
-The ability to dive in certain parts of the water to see the coral reefs
-A cycling road(See the view of the ocean)
-Go to space!!!! To see Jirachi
Old July 19th, 2013, 12:03 AM
SereneAmbience

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauerolus View Post
Trityping seems a bit much however. It'd be easier to handle things like Bdrill's... being a bee with an Ability. Like a x% chance to apply Poison/Toxic with every contact move.
I thought about Triple Typing, but that idea was shot down because of its difficulty. Instead I am implementing a fourth ability option. Each Pokémon may have one of two different abilities and some have special hidden abilities that replace the earlier said. However in Pokémon Ambient, each Pokémon will have a Permanent Ability.
A Permanent Ability will achieve the problems of depth, levitation, flight, knowledge, etc. This ability option will work along the previous said ability. For example, Beedrill/Venomoth/Yanmega/etc have the Permanent Ability Flitter (Immunity to Ground-type Moves + Flying/Air STAB).

Quote:
If I have any spare time, I might make a list of EVERY GOD DAMN POKEMON with the new types implemented wherever necessary.
Check out THIS LINK to see my National Dex listing of every Pokémon. I also changed the typing of some Pokémon! This list also has the updated Egg Group for each Pokémon. The few Permanent Abilities created so far have also been implemented.

Quote:
Ideas I thought up of
-A haunted mansion for ghost, dark type Pokémon
-The ability to dive in certain parts of the water to see the coral reefs
-A cycling road(See the view of the ocean)
-Go to space!!!! To see Jirachi
-Candlewick Tower is the "Ghost-type Location" for Pokémon Ambient. It will be home to creepy, crawly creatures that only want to be left alone and will haunt those who trespass. This tower is located out in the deserts of the mainland on top of a small mountain of sand.
-Diving is indeed going to be implemented into Ambient. There are lots of water routes and possible diving locations! A coral reef is what I had in mind for some locations that are near shores, like Cottonport or around Dragon Island.
-A cycling-type road won't be featured in Serene. Mainly because it's not that cool of an idea and takes up a lot of space. However, if traveling to regions becomes a possibility eventually, then you can go to the actual Cycle Road.
-See this would be a cool idea. Since Ambient will be set in a futuristic time, I believe space travel would be a great idea! I will look into it and keep it on high priorities. Jirachi, Deoxys, and some more Cosmic-type Pokémon.

I HAVE FINISHED MY TYPE CHART! It took so very long and an extremely large amount of time. Here is THE LINK to that page and I left a comment box below it to see how everyone responds and also take some other suggestions to improve it! It includes all the new types, except for Fairy-type. I have locked that type until Nintendo releases it fully. Let me know what you think!
Old July 19th, 2013, 08:43 AM
ZealithSeribii
The Zealith

I feel like the game will be finished soon... Just a wierd feeling...

When I go to the pages, it doesn't show me anything new... Just blank spaces.

Random idea:
Rufflet and Braviary have quite a few Fighting type moves in their movepool so why not make them Fighting/Flying?

Last edited by ZealithSeribii; July 19th, 2013 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 20th, 2013, 12:21 AM
SereneAmbience

Quote:
I feel like the game will be finished soon... Just a wierd feeling...

When I go to the pages, it doesn't show me anything new... Just blank spaces.

Random idea:
Rufflet and Braviary have quite a few Fighting type moves in their movepool so why not make them Fighting/Flying?
We still have awhile to go, but it will eventually be completed! I won't give up on this project!

I did fix the links and should be found visible now. (I forgot to change share settings to 'can view')

Rufflet and Braviary will gain special movepools for their Ambient counterparts, but they will remain Normal-type and Flying-type. P.S. They really don't, just a lot of physical moves. Superpower, Rock Smash, and Bulk Up aren't really enough to consider Fighting-type.

EDIT: Speaking of movesets. I am now making spreadsheets of each Pokémon with a list of their Ambient movesets. I will be making a page for each Pokémon (like Bulbapedia has) on the official Google Site that will hold information regarding moves, abilities, types, etc that are on Pokémon Ambient. It will take a lot of time, so just stay tuned and watch the progress! I will be focused more so on mapping than making these pages, but I will try my best!

Sponsored Links