The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 12th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I mean, seeing the Pokemon myself, I really don't care about the Victini resemblance to be honest, it looks really cute to me. o.o; As far as competitive capabilities are concerned, hey, maybe it could become something as lethal as Staraptor is currently. You really never know, because at first glance flying types get overlooked usually because of SR weaknesses and their shared(usually) weakness to three common types: electric, rock, and ice. So yeah, I'm hoping this guy has something up his sleeve for these types~!
Old February 12th, 2013, 07:18 AM
hughes

Nature: Quirky
I saw one speculation that said it looks like Ninfia is using Feather Dance in the one picture from the poster. Maybe it is a flying type?

3DS FC: 5000 2479 0671 (Vash - Y)(Kara - X)
Friend Safari: Growlithe, Slugma, Fletchinder
Black 2 FC: 2924 9605 4312
My Pokemon Tumblr: http://lumiosecafe.tumblr.com/
Old February 12th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Mochi
Formerly AzaleaLightning

Nature: Sassy
I'm looking at that picture and it doesn't look like FeatherDance at all, although it's hard to say as they like to revamp the designs of attacks.

Though I would like to believe it is Flying-type just so the people complaining about it being Normal-type would be quiet, but I'm curious as to how that would even work... xD

Regardless, I don't care what type it is, I love all Eeveelutions and Ninfia is adorable as heck Cx
Old February 12th, 2013, 08:12 AM
PrimalDialgasaur
Primal Sauropod

Nature: Adamant
This Pokemon, I can honestly say, is the absolute worst looking Pokemon of all time! I'd much rather have seen a starter evolution rather then this piece of crap. I'm praying its not flying type, because they had an awesome chance to make an Eevelution a badass.
Old February 12th, 2013, 08:16 AM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
Yea not entirely sure about it using feather dance....and also what feathers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimalDialgasaur View Post
This Pokemon, I can honestly say, is the absolute worst looking Pokemon of all time! I'd much rather have seen a starter evolution rather then this piece of crap. I'm praying its not flying type, because they had an awesome chance to make an Eevelution a badass.
Old February 12th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
It's not the worst looking Pokémon of all time, but IMO it's the worst eeveelution. It just seems overdesigned and barely fits with the others.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Old February 12th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Venitardus
Breeder

Send a message via Skype™ to Venitardus
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Gyarados, Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff, Gligar, Gliscor, Emolga, Thundurus, Landorus.

All are Pokemon without Winged appendages being part Flying. Gligar, Gliscor, and Emolga have skin like webbing that take the place of wings, but still aren't actual wings. It wouldn't be the first time we've had a wingless Flier.

That said though, I'm shooting Normal. Kinda hope Syddy's Dragon idea is right though cause that would be awesome.
Dont forget Doduo/Dudrio... they have no wings
Friend safari: Normal •Pokemon X/Y: Loudred, Dunsparce, Smeargle
Let me know if you add me, I'll add you as well. You wanna talk, then let's talk.
Old owner of: Red like roses ~ RWBY fan club
Recent owner of: Pokémon breeders club
Alpha Sapphire!!
Old February 12th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Mochi
Formerly AzaleaLightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venitardus View Post
Dont forget Doduo/Dudrio... they have no wings
Good point, and they can actually learn Fly .-.

Same with Golurk, it's not Flying-type but it can still Fly...? I don't think GF really cares if the Pokemon has wings or not, haha.

Old February 12th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Sirius
Wrong Thread.

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
This guy. He seems pretty upset.

Old February 12th, 2013, 08:42 AM
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Hmm. Well I like Ninfia, though of all the Eeveelutions it's the least appealing to me. Can't say I know what type it is but if I had to guess I'd go with Flying. I've seen speculation elsewhere that it's a new type but I hope to goodness it's not. Still, the text on the scan is mysterious. "There's a secret in this evelution", "which type?" etc.

Old February 12th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Lance
Pokémon Champion

Send a message via Skype™ to Lance
I'm going to laugh if this thing turns out to be normal typed, haha.
Old February 12th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus87 View Post
It's not the worst looking Pokémon of all time, but IMO it's the worst eeveelution. It just seems overdesigned and barely fits with the others.
Well yeah it is overdesigned, but hopefully that's for a specific reason relating to ribbons otherwise it's... very complicated for just one type :(
Old February 12th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Esper

I'd rather like it if it were normal-typed. Still can't shake the bug-type feeling I get from its name though.

deviantart blog pair
Old February 12th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Angelroid
Mud Attack!

I get that, bug type feeling from Ninfia.

Old February 12th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

I'm going to laugh if it turns out to either be a new type completely, or something completely unexpected like Dragon. XD
Old February 12th, 2013, 09:00 AM
PrimalDialgasaur
Primal Sauropod

I'm very unhappy. And this being one of the first new Pokemon? (Other then starters or legendaries of course) Was in awe of the landscape, the legendaries and 2/3 starters look great, but this thing....wow, can you say buzzkill? I'm hoping the other Pokemon (hopefully) coming with this scan can match up to the awesomeness of Xerneas/Yveltal.
Old February 12th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Schwan
Frontier Brain

Nature: Relaxed
I kinda want this to be normal. If they have another Eeveelution this semester it would make sense for the counterpart to be Ghost - I dunno - I just feel like that makes sense.

I've been waiting for a ghost Eevee forever.
Old February 12th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Vato
This Is Our Last Goodbye

Nature: Lonely
I like Ninfia, it's just adorable... That is, if you can ignore for a second that it looks like Milotic and Victini's lovechild (with a ribbon). Otherwise it's cute. Here's hoping for something awesome typing-related, like Dragon or Flying ...or both.

FC [B2]: 0992 1015 0443
VM/PM me whenever you feel like trading/kicking my butt on a battle
Old February 12th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

I thought I'd compile some of the main arguments about it's type I've seen being tossed around:

Flying-type
  • Lightest Eeveelution
  • Ribbons look as if they're being blown by the wind
  • Ribbons and eyes look like aviator scarves and goggles
  • The move it is using in the screenshot looks like it features leaves or feathers (although as mentioned by Amanchu this might just be the evolution screen)
  • May not actually be able to fly (though it has rather large ears...) but may be Flying-type as it may possess the ability to manipulate/control the wind (as sort of seen in the screenshot of it using a move, if it's actually using a move)

Poison/Ghost-type
  • Only Eeveelution shown with teeth in the left-hand side page
  • Deceptively cute appearance could be used to its advantage if it were a Poison- or Ghost-type, allowing it to gain the element of surprise (and hence adapt?)
  • Poison: Could relate to the DNA theme of the game, perhaps relating to residue/'wrong' DNA

Normal-type
  • Looks fairly regular, doesn't have any features which are commonly associated with certain types
  • Could be Eevee's natural evolution, instead of the evolutions which come about due to its DNA instability/adapting to environment

Light-type
  • Insisting on keeping Ninfia's type a secret
  • Ninfia is sparkling in the artwork of it with the other Eeveelutions (pretty iffy evidence, but)

I still bet on it betting Flying or maybe Fighting in some way, but Normal type can be... interesting? I'm not sure if it's going to be a Dragon though. Although, that would be interesting as well.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old February 12th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
I'm very unhappy. And this being one of the first new Pokemon? (Other then starters or legendaries of course) Was in awe of the landscape, the legendaries and 2/3 starters look great, but this thing....wow, can you say buzzkill? I'm hoping the other Pokemon (hopefully) coming with this scan can match up to the awesomeness of Xerneas/Yveltal.
You're probably going to be heading on a long road towards disappointment, then. .___.;; I mean, personally, I really don't like setting really high expectations when it comes to GF making Pokemon releases because I like to be pleasantly surprised by what I see. Maybe most Pokemon we'll see in this region would be more cutesy like this one, or perhaps this new eeveelution would be a unique case, and we'll get more competitively-suited Pokemon like we did in Gen IV. You just never know~!
Old February 12th, 2013, 09:21 AM
PrimalDialgasaur
Primal Sauropod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
You're probably going to be heading on a long road towards disappointment, then. .___.;; I mean, personally, I really don't like setting really high expectations when it comes to GF making Pokemon releases because I like to be pleasantly surprised by what I see. Maybe most Pokemon we'll see in this region would be more cutesy like this one, or perhaps this new eeveelution would be a unique case, and we'll get more competitively-suited Pokemon like we did in Gen IV. You just never know~!
I set high expectations based on the starters and legendaries, and I love the Unova Pokemon. I hate the cutesy look (with an exception of Turtwig and Charmander...and Fennekin) I mean, the last generation has a pretty even mix of cutesy and cool Pokemon (Emolga/Braviary) but, this game being the game we all dreamed of Pokemon to be, should have equally as awesome Pokemon. It's supposed to be "revolutionary." Hopefully, whichever type the other Eevee will be, (hoping dragon/poison) will be masculine, and cool looking. If not, I'm sticking to good 'ole Flareon and Jolteon.
Old February 12th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
I set high expectations based on the starters and legendaries, and I love the Unova Pokemon. I hate the cutesy look (with an exception of Turtwig and Charmander...and Fennekin) I mean, the last generation has a pretty even mix of cutesy and cool Pokemon (Emolga/Braviary) but, this game being the game we all dreamed of Pokemon to be, should have equally as awesome Pokemon. It's supposed to be "revolutionary." Hopefully, whichever type the other Eevee will be, (hoping dragon/poison) will be masculine, and cool looking. If not, I'm sticking to good 'ole Flareon and Jolteon.
Well, that's your opinion, and I respect it.

I sort of agree with you on some points, but I don't much mind the "cutesy" looking pokemon myself, but looking at this new pokemon, I think of it as setting more options to competitive playing of pokemon, or just battling in general. I see that's one of the ways that these pokemon are indeed "revolutionary". Mmm, but well, if you do get another Eeveelution, I just hope it's unique on its own right when it comes to type and movesets maybe - to me, features are only part of a pokemon's appeal. Hopefully there will be more leaks of CoroCoro scans this week.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old February 12th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

First impressions are rarely good with Pokémon designs. Every time they experiment with styles and do something we're not used to, many of us are repulsed at first. Many Pokémon I like now, I would probably have really disliked the first time I saw the in a context like this. And the first time I saw the starters they looked absolutely ridiculous to me. But so did the gen V starters, and so did the IV ones.

Basically, it's a matter of gradually getting used to the design style. GF usually changes it between generations, which is why evolutions between generations often seem funky (obvious example would be the Rhyhorn-Rhydon-Rhyperior family). But in a year, Ninfia will probably look as natural to us as, say, Espeon does now.

Old February 12th, 2013, 09:31 AM
PrimalDialgasaur
Primal Sauropod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Well, that's your opinion, and I respect it.

I sort of agree with you on some points, but I don't much mind the "cutesy" looking pokemon myself, but looking at this new pokemon, I think of it as setting more options to competitive playing of pokemon, or just battling in general. I see that's one of the ways that these pokemon are indeed "revolutionary". Mmm, but well, if you do get another Eeveelution, I just hope it's unique on its own right when it comes to type and movesets maybe - to me, features are only part of a pokemon's appeal. Hopefully there will be more leaks of CoroCoro scans this week.
Thank you! I completely agree with your reasoning. I won't mind if this pink, sparkly, blue eyed, Victini spawn has amazing stats, if he has a 350+ in a special attack, I'll be VERY happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokestick, good times. View Post
First impressions are rarely good with Pokémon designs. Every time they experiment with styles and do something we're not used to, many of us are repulsed at first. Many Pokémon I like now, I would probably have really disliked the first time I saw the in a context like this. And the first time I saw the starters they looked absolutely ridiculous to me. But so did the gen V starters, and so did the IV ones.

Basically, it's a matter of gradually getting used to the design style. GF usually changes it between generations, which is why evolutions between generations often seem funky (obvious example would be the Rhyhorn-Rhydon-Rhyperior family). But in a year, Ninfia will probably look as natural to us as, say, Espeon does now.
True. It first seemed Dialga/Palkia seem completely alien, but now, they are both some of my favorite Pokemon (Samurott and Black Kyurem as well) ill get used to it, it's just gonna take awhile unless they start producing some darker Pokemon. (dragon type plzzzzzz)

Last edited by PrimalDialgasaur; February 12th, 2013 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 12th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Jak
got a nickname?

Nature: Timid
We've seen a total of six Pokemon from the new generation. It's too early to call "oh this generation will all be too cutesy" or "all this stuff is too manly looking" right now. Wait till we have more Pokemon to determine that. Besides, I hated Chespin and Froakie at first, and after a few hours, I got used to them. You just have to let things sink in a bit before you go off hating everything.

Also hated Black Kyurem when it was revealed now I love it for no reason...lmao. :( I've just learned to keep my mouth shut on things and wait for it to settle before I say "OH THIS IS UGLY!" or what not. Besides, if you don't like the official art, I'm sure there's tons of fanart now. That's what got me to like Chespin and Froakie. Official art doesn't always do a Pokemon any good.

Destiny calls on me.
i will be away from august 9th - 19th
paired to klippy, mr. downstairs, and dracul
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links